Roosh V Forum
How are you guys making $$$ - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Life (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-5.html)
+--- Thread: How are you guys making $$$ (/thread-1339.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

How are you guys making $$$ - Luvianka - 09-06-2017

Consulting and sports betting.

How are you guys making $$$ - True Balla - 09-07-2017

Quote: (09-06-2017 11:41 AM)MaceTyrell Wrote:  

^Tips on how to get into that/property development, as someone who lives in a hot market but doesn't have the nepotism angle?

Well, the most important thing is your ability to raise capital. Money makes money, can't do much without it. However, to raise that capital you need good opportunities and access to high net worth people. I would say the best way to go about it without an already established family/friends in is to do what a lot of these forum threads recommend for cracking high-end social circles. After that, just gotta find opportunities for people to want to give you their money. Whether it's partnering with someone like me or my company to provide the know-how and opportunities or doing it on your own.

As for doing it on your own, it just takes a lot of research. For example, flipping a house, all the recorded deed prices are public data (in the US at least). Lets say you find an opportunity to buy a shitty house for 100k in a neighborhood where the other houses sell for 300k, and you just need to invest say 20k to redo the kitchen. You would have to ask your high net worth social circle to invest the 120k (less cuz of loans, which you can guarantee etc.) and split the profit 50/50 or whatever you negotiate.

Quote: (09-06-2017 11:18 PM)NewDayNewFace Wrote:  

Nice hustles True Balla, what part of the world are you in?

For me:

1. I do Healthcare IT consulting independently
2. I own a Healthcare IT consulting firm well I send people out to do IT work.
3. I train people on Healthcare IT to be able to go out and do independent consulting.
4. Me and my friend are working on a blockchain based EHR.
5. I actively invest in blockchain companies and flip them.

Thanks, Im in Orlando, FL. The top hotel market in FL lol. My company is based out of Fort Myers, FL however (main office there).

Also, I'd love to learn more about blockchain companies and flipping them, etc. Shoot me a PM if you think there's a way we can collaborate. If this is something you can consistently replicate, I can open up doors to access to a lot more capital than you might be playing with.

How are you guys making $$$ - digitalconquistador - 09-07-2017

in my home country of italy, me and my mates were doing anything for work, including polishing shoes in the touristy area of our small countryside town... then a
businessman from america told me of selling on amazon... i eventually began selling clothes on there and had a success. however, it has become flooded these days, with many scammers importing fake clothes from africa, i do not know if it is a good venture now as of 2017 for anyone starting out

cheers,
claudio

How are you guys making $$$ - Cattle Rustler - 09-07-2017

Quote: (08-24-2017 11:15 AM)General Stalin Wrote:  

Quote: (08-23-2017 06:24 PM)Ivanis Wrote:  

Quote: (08-23-2017 03:24 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

A fellow forum member who lives near me was doing Uber while in-between jobs from after-work hours until nightlife hours making an average of $20-$30 an hour. Even after factoring in gas and depreciation of your vehicle, thats good money, unless one thinks $15-$25/hr is below their pay grade for driving around. For my current situation it makes sense.

Certainly better than doing nothing.

I think that if you can offset the cost of gas and milage on your car with dollars per hour then it might be worth it. But that seems like a tall task. If your in a big city then you need to be really competitive with your prices, but if you are in a small town then you can charge more but won't get nearly as much work...

You don't pick your own prices when you drive for a service like Uber or Lyft. The rates are what they are based on where you are, what time of day you are driving, and what kind of car/service you are providing.

1 - No one is making 20-25 an hour consistently nowadays. It'll say it's more 13-19 an hour and 19 is with some luck.

2 - Lets factor self employment taxes, and it brings it a couple of dollars down.

3 - Downtime, a couple of bucks less.

Driving for Uber is not what it used to be. Back in 2012-2015 you could make something out of it but with Uber dropping rates and raising their % fees....the high turnover is not a surprise.

How are you guys making $$$ - John Michael Kane - 09-07-2017

I've just made a fairly substantial amount of money selling old stuff laying around my house that I don't need any more on Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace. This isn't my full-time job, but for someone who wants an easy to understand business to start out with, this could be an easy path to entrepenuership. You just need a little bit of space in your house or a place to store goods. Ideally, you either have a pickup truck or large van if you are transporting furniture or large objects.

Here's my recommendations:

1. Take good pictures of everything you want to sell, then upload them to Google Drive.
2. Go to a laptop or desktop to upload the images from Google Drive to your listings that you'll write. Be detailed, people like information.
3. Price your stuff reasonably, as people want deals. Think volume instead of margins.
4. Ask your friends if they have stuff they want to sell, then take a cut in exchange for you handling the selling process.
5. Keep an eye out for estate sales, free stuff being given away, auctions and so forth to restock your inventory.

This type of business has several advantages over selling on ebay or Amazon. Amazon especially takes HUGE cuts with fees. Facebook and Craigslist charge nothing to list ads on their sites. Meaning that the cost to acquire inventory is your only real expense. If you know advertise that you will help people moving hall junk to the dump, you can charge them money for what is actually garbage, but then you salvage whatever is sellable for your own side business. I know one guy who works in a moving business that saves thousands of dollars each year of perfectly good sofas, tv's and all manner of stuff people were paying him to dump. A small, local junk-hauling business with craigslist/facebook selling of other people's discarded goods is just free money.

How are you guys making $$$ - qwertyuiop - 09-07-2017

Technology Sales. Treating me well so far.

How are you guys making $$$ - General Stalin - 09-07-2017

Since reading this thread and beating myself up for not taking my recording studio venture more seriously, I decided to put forth some effort and throw out a few advertisements on social media. Wound up booking a client who wants to record an album with me starting this weekend. Not bad at all.

How are you guys making $$$ - John Michael Kane - 09-08-2017

General Stalin,

The key (or one of them) I've found with entrepreneurship isn't always being the best person in your "space", but rather the person who actually "shows up". Sometimes that little step of just taking out an ad campaign just might push you over the edge. Too much business is lost by being on the sidelines. Congrats on getting back in the game.

How are you guys making $$$ - ComebackKid - 09-08-2017

Investing

How are you guys making $$$ - Ballr - 09-08-2017

Affiliate Marketing + Lead Generation

*If anyone is involved with these industries I would love to hear from you. Always interested in meeting new people.

How are you guys making $$$ - Yves555 - 09-09-2017

Online personal trainer
Real estate
Coins and goods investments
Internet marketing (Ads and etc) for an example you can check this one : [removed]
It's an ads site and you get 1$ for each 10 ads you are clicking on, It's pretty fast and easy money, and you can make it from anywhere.
This is one example for easy, riskless money.

How are you guys making $$$ - sbideo - 09-09-2017

Quote: (09-09-2017 04:43 AM)Yves555 Wrote:  

Online personal trainer
Real estate
Coins and goods investments
Internet marketing (Ads and etc) for an example you can check this one : [removed]
It's an ads site and you get 1$ for each 10 ads you are clicking on, It's pretty fast and easy money, and you can make it from anywhere.
This is one example for easy, riskless money.

The live money host link seems like a scam. You have to earn $150 in Ad clicks and get or buy 40 referrals to cash out. Have you earned any money from it?

How are you guys making $$$ - hooked_on_tonics - 09-09-2017

Yeah Yvess555 I pm'd you, but I am also curious if this was just blindly recommended or actually something that you have successfully used.

I did a little research and the only mention I could find of this kind of setup was on r/beermoney subreddit where they warn against .club domains which promise 10 cents per click for input of numbers, claiming its a scam... so I'm getting some pretty big red flags.
Also the fact that they aren't transparent about the fact that you need $150 in ad clicks and 40 referrals is fishy, seems like they are trying to get the user invested so they are more willing to do something stupid.

How are you guys making $$$ - teddy bear - 09-09-2017

Took me like 5 seconds of research to find out it's a scam, confirmed by some russian website.

How are you guys making $$$ - hooked_on_tonics - 09-09-2017

Not surprised, one look at this guys posting history and it's pretty obvious he's a troll that just wastes people's time with bullshit. Reported.

How are you guys making $$$ - Malo - 09-11-2017

Quote: (08-22-2017 04:43 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Driving for Uber only makes sense if you pick people up on your regular commute.

Uber doesn't tell you the rider's destination until you already picked him up, so you don't really have a way to plan where you are going..

How are you guys making $$$ - Cattle Rustler - 09-11-2017

I'm surprised that Yves5555555 bot was able to post somewhat normal posts for 10 months before spamming. Some of his posts have some errors but then again, he was trying to pass off as an European guy.

AI is becoming incredibly smart.

How are you guys making $$$ - General Stalin - 09-12-2017

Quote: (09-11-2017 12:19 AM)Malo Wrote:  

Quote: (08-22-2017 04:43 PM)John Michael Kane Wrote:  

Driving for Uber only makes sense if you pick people up on your regular commute.

Uber doesn't tell you the rider's destination until you already picked him up, so you don't really have a way to plan where you are going..

You can set destinations so Uber will only offer you faires that are on the way to where you are going.

Rode Lyft the other day and asked the driver about their payscale and they are far more generous than Uber in my area.

Where I am Uber pays base $0.75/mile and $0.09/minute before their cut. The Lyft driver told me Lyft pays $1.00/mile and $0.13/minute and rides are $5.00 minimum pay. Plus tipping is far more common with Lyft. I may switch (or do both).

How are you guys making $$$ - MaceTyrell - 09-14-2017

Also to contribute...

Currently doing Postmates as a walker in a major US city. Do it for about 20 hours a week, can clear at least $200 (or $150 after tax). It isn't the best, but it makes for paid exercise.

How are you guys making $$$ - Mr. Accuride - 09-14-2017

Doing IP handicapping for a company as a consultant. Since it's a very niche field, saying much more would probably result in a dox.
I supplement that with handicapping in sports, politics, stocks and other things.

I do have enough capital to just do general handicapping on my own as a living, but I'm getting paid a fuckton from the consulting gig so I have no particular reason to stop.

How are you guys making $$$ - EndsExpect - 09-27-2017

Zone Manager for a Medical Sales Company. I'm very underpaid vs. what I'm worth, but in a few years I will have the experience required to go out and double or triple my salary.

I do a lot of travel within the US for work.

How are you guys making $$$ - Ivanis - 09-27-2017

Anybody do any day trading? I've dipped my feet into long holding but I'd like to get my money growing a little faster... I have the assets to be a little riskier now.

How are you guys making $$$ - qwertyuiop - 09-27-2017

Quote: (09-27-2017 11:39 AM)Ivanis Wrote:  

Anybody do any day trading? I've dipped my feet into long holding but I'd like to get my money growing a little faster... I have the assets to be a little riskier now.

Yeah. I was making 20-40% in a few hours on options trades making money most of the time. Extremely risky.

Until I blew the small account I set for doing that kind of thing.

Nothing like losing a few hundred bucks in minutes and literally losing $20-40 everytime you hit the refresh button.

It can work, but odds are very likely you'd blow the acct.

How are you guys making $$$ - KirkJack - 09-28-2017

i am freelancer, web developer

How are you guys making $$$ - cosine - 09-28-2017

I bought a 4 bedroom house and live in it with 3 roommates. Not the ideal living situation, but I'm still under 30, and I know a lot of other millenials who are chill and need housing. My area is pretty expensive, in others you can get a duplex, triplex, or fourplex and at least have one unit to yourself.

Is it swanky? No. Is it lame to bring a girl home to a place where I have roommates? Yes. But they pay the majority of the expenses, and I get a mortgage tax deduction, so I actually get to pack my salary away instead of splitting it between a landlord and the US federal gov't. As more and more tech jobs move to my area, I get to raise rent on 3 people. I get a raise for doing nothing.

The next time I want to travel, I will pay a property management company to rent out my room as well as the other 3. They'll keep a cut, but I'll still actually have positive cash flow while I am gone. It won't match my salary, but it'll counteract my burning through cash. I will also pay down a tiny part of the debt and hopefully capture appreciation. All thanks to the tenants.

This site is full of hustlers who do the same thing(they call it "house hacking"), and are also hell-bent on building real estate empires to provide passive income:
www.biggerpockets.com