rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Santiago, DR adventures

Santiago, DR adventures

I have been so busy wandering around this town I haven't had time to report anything.

Let me start off by saying that this is a real city. Their is traffic, nice cars, and regular people. It is not touristy whatsoever. I haven't seen any Americans or foreigners that are not Latin-American here.
I have only heard English spoken once and it was by a Latin guy with a thick English accent on his telephone.

The people here are very friendly. I haven't came across one hustler since I've been here. Everyone leaves me alone. No more dam beggers/liars like in Cabarete and Sosua other then the occasional kid trying to clean shoes.

I don't have much time to write as I want to go continue day gaming.

Let's address the skin color topic
yes, their are lots of dominicans here who have no african descent in them. They look like they would be from Argentina or Chile or something. This is good for me as it allows me to blend in a bit more.
One thing I have noticed is that the people with lighter skin seem to have money. I am staying in a wealthy part of Santiago (los jardines). Their are lots of white dominicans here who hang out with only other white dominicans for the most part. This is most apparent at nighttime when you see all the white people sitting at their tables together ordering lots of food and lots of drinks. They also dress extremely well. Nothing too flashy but they wear designer clothes (jeans and shirts).
However, their are still many Dominicans who are dark.

How I did Santiago
My first night here I went to have dinner around 8 o'clock at a chill bar/ restaraunt. I was the only in there. I introduced myself to the waiter and talked to him for a while. When he found out i am here alone he offered to take me out with him. He is a normal guy with a family who lives closer to puerto plata. He lives in santiago to work but goes home every other day in the morning. He has been telling me to go see his family and he has lots of pretty cousins he can introduce me too. He hits me up every morning for this but i never pick up since all i want to do is sleep.
So I have been watching sports and drinking at this bar/restaruant every night. PM if you want to know what it's called. Around 9 o'clock the locals (mostly young, white dominicans) come in to drink and eat. The owner is a white, pretty buff guy with long hair. This guy is an alpha male for sure. He has a girlfriend who comes with him everynight and her friends come also. The people who hang out here all know each other. The owner is super chill and speaks decent English. He doesn't even work when he is there. He just socially drinks and talks to his friends who are spending their money there. My waiter friend tells me that everyone who hangs out here has lots of money.
A lot of the people here introduce themselves to me and I chat with them. most people here now have real jobs and graduated from PUMMA (or whatever the college is called). their are some beautiful girls who hang out here. I practically fell in love with one last night but she has a boyfriend.
The place closes at midnight so afterwards I go with my waiter friend to go party. he has been taking me to nightclubs that are open until pretty late. I think i have the receipt to some of them. Will write the names later.
I have been getting shitfaced with this guy. I was making out with this super hot girl last night, dancing everything. I was so drunk that I don't know what the hell happened. I remember talking to her on the phone during my cab ride home and she was asking why i left. I think my waiter friend had to go home since he went other home today to see his family. Well, I will give her a call tonight for a meetup.

It is nice to have someone to go out with. This guy used to work at the nightclubs so he knows lots of people who work here. he just drinks with me (i buy him beer) and helps me game chicks. He does more watching then helping actually. I like to approach solo. I think the people are more open to meeting me here when they see I am hanging out with a normal, chill, dominican guy. Plus, he goes out wearing his work shirt that has the name of his bar on it lol. So they know he is not a cab driver or pimp or something.

Daygame is where it's at
I went to the college today to daygame. I was hungover but i had to do it. I had a coffee and then an expresso about an hour later to help me out.
Their is tons of hot girls on this campus.
You have to be willing to step out of your comfort zone and approach.
I started off at the cafeteria where i went straight to the line and ordered the expresso i just mentioned.
I sat down by myself and scoped the place out. I noticed one girl who kept making eye contact with me while she was in line. When she finally sat down, i waited about a minute and then approached her and her friend at their table.
I made eye contact with the friend and said, "buenas". she smiled. and said "hola"
I asked, "Me puedo a sentar aqui?"
"Si Sientate".
So I sat down and just fukin winged it. For some reason I said I was a foreign exchange student who just arrived today. I guess it is because I didn't want to seem creepy and say, "hey i'm just some random dude on vacation who wanted to check your school out and hit on chicks."
Anways, I talked to them for about 5 minutes and then the friend (not the eye contact one) left to go to class. So i was now left alone with an HB 7.5 college girl who is studying law and doesn't speak any english. Now this is what I came to the dominican republic for! Oh and she just turned 19[Image: banana.gif]
We exchanged BBM Pins and are supposed to meet up tonight.
I continued walking around campus after she left.
I asked a georgeous girl where the pool is. I found out from the previous girl the school has a pool.
Good lord this girl can be my future wife. i got a semi just talking to her. I told her it is my first day on campus and trying to find out where everything is. She started pointing everything out to me. We talked about things for about 15 minutes. Every minute someone she knew walked by and said hello to her.
I said, Dam you're popular and she started laughing.
She said she doesn't go out to much because she is always studying so i told her i would like to meet up with her for lunch. She gave me her # and we will see where it goes.
Then I went back to the cafeteria and my first girl was their again lol. I left before she saw me. I wanted to go hit on other chicks but i figured 2 sexy girls, 2 #'s, mission accomplished for today. i will be going there tomorrow as well. Hopefully lots of girls have classes on friday.
By the way both these girls spoke almost no English and have been to the United States. I can't imagine them being as receptive to someone who doesn't speak good spanish. I made both of them laugh a lot. I don't think game is as required as good spanish. I don't believe their is a green card factor here since these girls have money and can probably get a visa pretty easily.

I also was succesful in day gaming at the Plaza International mall. I got a haircut for $5 and also got the girls #.

I will write more when i have time but i have to go day game some more before the sun goes down. Hopefully I can catch one getting off of work and take her on an insta-date.

Also, feel free to leave feedback on how to follow up with these girls.
I think i'm going to tell them that i was lying about being a student there and used that as an excuse to go talk to them. and i'm really just a guy who is traveling around and wants to meet local chicks.

Santiago, DR adventures

Damn, thanks fro this, been waiting for a Data Sheet on this exact city for ages! I lost my virginity to a Dominican chic from Santiago in New York City in my early teens. I've been wanting to meet another like her my entire life - lol!

Mixx

Santiago, DR adventures

Nice report.

You like approaching so thats good.

Well if i were you i wouldnt switch stories and tell them that you are not a student there and that you are a guy traveling there to hit on chicks (i cracked myself when i read that). Actually you dont need to mention that again, and if you need to say anything, just tell them that you are going to study there but they are currently processing your registration so it will take few weeks before your classes start but meanwhile you are just hanging out in the campus to get the vibe of it.

Are you seeing many white girls there with phat booties ? Or black girls with phat booties?

I didnt visit Santiago when i was in DR but it is definetely on my list.

Santiago, DR adventures

Yes what is the booty situation???

Also - what is your lodging situation? Are you renting a weekly, a room, hotel, hostel?

Santiago, DR adventures

I'll give a quick comment on the juicy white booty situation in Santiago (this is a few years old). I found several girls in Santiago (even the white ones) had nice fat asses. Not all of them, and maybe a little less than Puerto Plata, but they were certainly there.

In fact, this chica I damn near fell in love with was one of them. Super light, NATURAL light brown/blond hair, but a Kim Kardashian juicy ass. The shit was fucking hypnotic, no joke. When I first saw her, I actually followed her for like 3 blocks just staring at her ass as she walked (the daisy duke style cutoffs she was wearing certainly helped). I wound up fucking her almost exclusively for weeks.

Good report on Santiago, Sly.

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote: (01-12-2012 08:06 PM)joehoya Wrote:  

I'll give a quick comment on the juicy white booty situation in Santiago (this is a few years old). I found several girls in Santiago (even the white ones) had nice fat asses. Not all of them, and maybe a little less than Puerto Plata, but they were certainly there.

In fact, this chica I damn near fell in love with was one of them. Super light, NATURAL light brown/blond hair, but a Kim Kardashian juicy ass. The shit was fucking hypnotic, no joke. When I first saw her, I actually followed her for like 3 blocks just staring at her ass as she walked (the daisy duke style cutoffs she was wearing certainly helped). I wound up fucking her almost exclusively for weeks.

Hot Damn! Reading that makes me want to pack my bags and take the 2hr flight tomorrow!

Mixx

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote: (01-12-2012 08:25 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Hot Damn! Reading that makes me want to pack my bags and take the 2hr flight tomorrow!

Mixx

I told you Santiago is the best place to have a fuck fest. much better then Medellin from what i remember.

Santiago, DR adventures

I hate to disappoint you guys but as far as the asses go here on the white girls, it is nothing spectacular.
I will be checking out Bella Terra Mall where I have been informed is the mall to hit if you want to meet high class, light skinned dominican chicks.
As of now though, the light skinned girls have asses as if they were from Aregentina or Chile. Remember that most these girls have little to no African descent in their blood so their asses are not huge.
The dark girls definitely have asses though.
Thursday nights are also very weak here. I went to go hang out at the bar i always hang out at and was informed by the locals that almost noone goes out to party thursday. Tomorrow night should be wild though. Although i didn't go out today, i still had a great time chatting with the locals. I could really see myself moving to this town.
If I bought a decent SUV here and moved here, i would be getting so much dam ass that i would probably never have to whack off again. The girls are very nice here. Almost too nice.
I still stand strong on saying that day gaming is crucial here. With the girls being so nice, it is very easy to approach them during the day and ask them to show you around the next day or some bullshit. I was talking to a local about this tonight. If you hit on them at the club, they are going to think you are merely hitting on them and want to fuck them. During the daytime, you are a harmless and exotic foreigner if you play your cards right.
They are not used to foreigners approaching them. Their aren't really too many toursists! Fuck i kind of don't even want to post this shit anymore as you horny fucks might come here and make the girls think americans here are sex tourisits [Image: wink.gif]
When i approached the girls in the cafeteria, the guys sitting at the table next to me kept looking over at me with the "is this guy serious right now?" face. I'm guessing they had never seen anything like that lol.

Also, another note on nightlife: They place mostly house music. Not Bachata and merengue like in the north coast.

Santiago, DR adventures

More on Skin Color

A local (he owns a bar so definitely a legit source) confirmed my stereotype today:
The white people here do in fact tend to hang out with white people. The bar I hang out at is filled with white people and he pointed that out to me. He said the reason behind it is because the darker people tend to be more ghetto and the white people more classy.
The dark people use more slang (caribbean/ ghetto spanish) while the white people speak more proper. Also, the darker people are assosiated with being a bit more poor. And if they are not poor, chances are high that they have poor friends.
So white people naturally feel more relaxed when surrounded by other white people who speak and act like them.
The neighborhood I'm staying in (Los Jardines) is filled with white dominicans. The owner of the bar doesn't like dark people going to his bar since it can cause his normal clients not to feel as comfortable being there.
So that is the stereotype here with skin color..

I don't mean to push any buttons here as I know we have lots of black members on the forum. However, I do have to say that if you are colored and looking for the white Dominicans, you are going to have a harder time then a white person.
I don't see to many blondes walking around so i have no idea how the girls would react to that. You will defintely stand out though. that's for dam sure.
People usually think i'm from chile or spain by the way.. I think someone with this look will have the most success here since wealthy dominicans tend to look this way. This allows you to hang out and blend with the high class locals. I am already friends with a few of the wealthy guys on facebook. I'm meeting one tomorrow on campus and going out with them tomorrow night.
I wish i would have studied abroad here instead of spain..

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote: (01-13-2012 12:28 AM)Sly Wrote:  

Also, another note on nightlife: They place mostly house music. Not Bachata and merengue like in the north coast.

Alright that's it I'm going.....did you just say HOUSE music and NOT bachata?? Oh man this place sounds like a MUST VISIT by the second¡

Mix

Santiago, DR adventures

Pack your bag and come on out Mixx!
I am going to push my flight back and miss the first week of school. So I will be here at least another week (hopefully 2 more weeks)
I also got an invitation to private rooftop party from the owner of the bar i chill at.
He said i have to bring a hot white dominican chick though. He said she doesn't have to be my date but requires that i bring at least one hot girl. He's the one who told me about bella terra mall.. i said can she be dark?
he hesitated and said , well if she is not super dark, hot and is educated, ya. just don't bring some ghetto girl or i'll be disappointed with you. then he introduced me to his wife who has the figure of a super model. will be doing lots of hunting tomorrow lol.

Santiago, DR adventures

Walking 3 blocks to just stare at her ass lol..im Kinda like that too.

Did you find the girls in Santiago as easy as the girls from santo domingo? Girls in santo domingo were just way too easy for me.

Santiago, DR adventures

Told ya about those college campuses :-)

Santiago, DR adventures

[quote='Sly' pid='143093' dateline='1326433788']
More on Skin Color

A local (he owns a bar so definitely a legit source) confirmed my stereotype today:
The white people here do in fact tend to hang out with white people. The bar I hang out at is filled with white people and he pointed that out to me. He said the reason behind it is because the darker people tend to be more ghetto and the white people more classy.
The dark people use more slang (caribbean/ ghetto spanish) while the white people speak more proper. Also, the darker people are assosiated with being a bit more poor. And if they are not poor, chances are high that they have poor friends.
So white people naturally feel more relaxed when surrounded by other white people who speak and act like them.
The neighborhood I'm staying in (Los Jardines) is filled with white dominicans. The owner of the bar doesn't like dark people going to his bar since it can cause his normal clients not to feel as comfortable being there.
So that is the stereotype here with skin color..

I don't mean to push any buttons here as I know we have lots of black members on the forum. However, I do have to say that if you are colored and looking for the white Dominicans, you are going to have a harder time then a white person.
I don't see to many blondes walking around so i have no idea how the girls would react to that. You will defintely stand out though. that's for dam sure.
People usually think i'm from chile or spain by the way.. I think someone with this look will have the most success here since wealthy dominicans tend to look this way. This allows you to hang out and blend with the high class locals. I am already friends with a few of the wealthy guys on facebook. I'm meeting one tomorrow on campus and going out with them tomorrow night.
I wish i would have studied abroad here instead of spain..

[/quo

So, a white Dominican rationalizing his racism - as opposed to simply calling himself racist ......how rich.... how convenient.

To be more specific,wealthier white dominican men don't like "blacks" around them in social settings because they represent sexual competition.

Black men (Afro American) (and all others who are not beta) kill in Santiago .... Field Tested for over a decade.

Santiago, DR adventures

Understand something about Dominican racism, and racism throughout Latin America (at least in my experience).

In general, racism in these countries tend to be focused on the blacks FROM THEIR OWN COUNTRY. As a black American, I am almost always seen as an American first. The result of this is that a chick who doesn't normally hang out with Dark/Black Dominicans (or worse, Haitians) may have no problem hanging out with a brotha from the US or Europe.

The white Dominicana I hung out with absolutely HATED Haitians. She thought lots of the really dark Dominicans were ghetto too, but she had ZERO problem hanging out with me and taking me to bars, clubs and restaurants to meet her friends. Honestly, I had to drop her because she got TOO fucking clingy. The same shit happens in BOTH Colombia and Costa Rica. I had a cab driver rip on black Costa Ricans while I am in the car, then give me his daughter's number because he thought she would like me.

No offense to Sly, but for any brotha reading this, NEVER trust anything NEGATIVE a white person says about black people's ability to pull in a particular country. I have heard the same bullshit for EVERY SINGLE country I have gone to. Some white "friend" tries to tell me how much harder it would be for a black guy to pull. I have NEVER seen that to be the case.

In fact, let me give one little observation from my experience over the past 5 or 6 years traveling to several Latin American countries. I don't know why this is the case, but for whatever reason, I have vastly more success with really white/light Latinas than medium or darker complexion Latinas. Again, I have no idea why. I cannot say that the same thing happens to other brothas, though. Then again, there simply are not a whole lot of other American or European black dudes who are fluent/proficient in Spanish that I see when I travel.

You want to hear something crazier? The absolute worst luck I have when gaming in Latin America is with dark/black Latinas. I have been shot down by dark skinned/black Latinas more than any other group. Hell, looking back on it, I MIGHT have even had more success with white college girls in the US than dark Latinas.

There is a good chance that it is me causing this response. Maybe I am giving off some vibe to dark Latinas that turns them off. It could be that I am just not paying attention to them, in large part because it is so easy to pull fine black women in the US that I don't bother when I am abroad. It could be some skin tone self consciousness among the girls. I have no idea.

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote: (01-13-2012 04:55 PM)joehoya Wrote:  

Understand something about Dominican racism, and racism throughout Latin America (at least in my experience).

In general, racism in these countries tend to be focused on the blacks FROM THEIR OWN COUNTRY.

that doesn't make no sense there racist against blacks from there own country but not from america. of course there gonna be less racist when your american cause you can offer things nobody from there country can. its like comparing an old man vs a rich old man.

Santiago, DR adventures

In general, racism in these countries tend to be focused on the blacks FROM THEIR OWN COUNTRY. As a black American, I am almost always seen as an American first. The result of this is that a chick who doesn't normally hang out with Dark/Black Dominicans (or worse, Haitians) may have no problem hanging out with a brotha from the US or Europe.

This has been discussed to death in the forum.[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif] The bottom line is that Sly is right, White Dominicans in general do not consort with Blacks(Local or International). When I mean White I mean Caucasian Dominicans that have for generations managed to keep their decedents White despite living in a sea of Blackness. Nevertheless, nobody goes to the DR to go fuck local White girls so a Brotha might do a little better concentrating his energy on redbone to jet black Dominicanas. It is not going to be easy thou specially if you want to bang a true non-pro. Dominicanas are experts at the art of stringing you along.

Santiago, DR adventures

okay let's not turn this into a black vs white thread. i merely forwarded a stereotype given to me by a wealthy white Dominican.
This town is filled with primarily darker people. I hit my day game spots today and hardly saw any white people and made only a few approaches, all to dark girls

Some things I've noticed
Finally, I began spotting Americans today. I'm guessing they are arriving for the weekend to try to hit on these girls and then they will head back to the coast.

- PUCMM was pretty dead today. On top of being dead their were not really any hot girls around. I met a dominican guy and talked to him for about an hour at the cafeteria. All the girls who looked hot enough for me to consider approaching were with a big group of friends. I definitely was making lots of eye contact with the girls. But my balls weren't feeling big enough to go try to get a # when they were surrounded by all their friends.

- I went to Bella Verra Mall. It was dead. Will try again tomorrow.
This mall is very expensive. Everything is designer brands. Went into most of the stores and no hot girls working in there.

- Went to Plaza Inernational also. I saw a few hot girls here but they were all with their moms. Also, the girls who work here are not hot. In fact, I haven't seen any hot girls working anywhere in this town. I went into a lot of Oranges (Cell phone store) and nothing. Sosua orange cell phones shops and Claro shops always had hot girls working their. I was a bit dissappointed with this.

- It was super hot today and i did a lot of walking. i got tired and I gave up. I got one # but nothing spectacular of a girl.

Saturday is the biggest party night here. Friday's and sundays are big to but a girl i was talking to today told me almost everyone goes out on saturdays.

I only brought a few shirts, one pair of shoes and one pair for jeans.
I have nice clothes/ apparel at home but didn't bring any of it lol. The guys here wear designer clothes.

So if you plan on coming here, I recommend bring dress clothes to go out. Luckily, I brought 2 dress shirts. You HAVE TO to wear a dress shirt if you plan on going to the big nightclubs here or they won't let you in. Dubai and Levels are supposed to be good clubs. Will report back on the club scene.
Also, the guys wear dress shoes. I was an intern for a big finance company so i got tons of fly clothes but didn't bring any. Shit!! oh well. i'll work with what i got. (lots of v-necks, jeans and converse lol.)

Santiago, DR adventures

I'm happy that Sly is enjoying himself. This is all awesome info.

But to be honest, this racial stuff is turning me off from Santiago. I've heard about this from a lot of my Dominican friends in Orlando and NYC - this whole white/black issue.

My preference is in darker girls from brown to black. If those women get segregated to ghetto venues/areas, then that's gonna make it harder for me to socialize with them. Plus I just don't like any sort of class attitude based on skin color - it fucks up the vibe in an area. That's why I loved NYC so much. Sure there are neighborhoods, but no one cares if they see an interracial couple, groups are out having dinner with all races, etc.

Thinking Santo Domingo is gonna be my spot...or possibly Puerto Plata but it sounds small and boring if you don't surf.

Santiago, DR adventures

Do they have those little lottery stands all over up there? The girls that work them? I was working an angle with that but my spanish is weak.
This is a long weekend so maybe people are heading to the coast?

Santiago, DR adventures

Ya, they do have lots of the lotto places lol. I think lotto and i think sucker so i stay away. good idea though. I will wander into some tomorrow.

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote: (01-13-2012 06:25 PM)playa_with_a_passport Wrote:  

This has been discussed to death in the forum.[Image: smiley_beat_dead_horse2.gif] The bottom line is that Sly is right, White Dominicans in general do not consort with Blacks(Local or International). When I mean White I mean Caucasian Dominicans that have for generations managed to keep their decedents White despite living in a sea of Blackness. Nevertheless, nobody goes to the DR to go fuck local White girls so a Brotha might do a little better concentrating his energy on redbone to jet black Dominicanas. It is not going to be easy thou specially if you want to bang a true non-pro. Dominicanas are experts at the art of stringing you along.

I don't know what your experience is, but being black, AND having been to the very city we are talking about AND having boned my share of white/light Dominicans, I stand by my assessment. I also completely acknowledge that other brothas might not have the same experience (especially if they don't speak the language).

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote: (01-13-2012 06:45 PM)Iceinthewater Wrote:  

I'm happy that Sly is enjoying himself. This is all awesome info.

But to be honest, this racial stuff is turning me off from Santiago. I've heard about this from a lot of my Dominican friends in Orlando and NYC - this whole white/black issue.

My preference is in darker girls from brown to black. If those women get segregated to ghetto venues/areas, then that's gonna make it harder for me to socialize with them. Plus I just don't like any sort of class attitude based on skin color - it fucks up the vibe in an area. That's why I loved NYC so much. Sure there are neighborhoods, but no one cares if they see an interracial couple, groups are out having dinner with all races, etc.

Thinking Santo Domingo is gonna be my spot...or possibly Puerto Plata but it sounds small and boring if you don't surf.

The racial stuff in the DR is definitely more extreme than other Latin countries I have been to, but it still hasn't been a big deal for me. If you have a preference for brown to black, I would recommend checking out the North Coast, like Puerto Plata, Santo Domingo is also a good place (based on the number of brown girls I have met who were from Santo Domingo). It really is a fun country. Not my favorite, but still pretty fun.

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote: (01-13-2012 06:56 PM)Sly Wrote:  

Ya, they do have lots of the lotto places lol. I think lotto and i think sucker so i stay away. good idea though. I will wander into some tomorrow.
They only play one number that's why there's so many. So you can play 12 or something for 1 peso. I didn't fully get to understand it but would love to know.

Santiago, DR adventures

Quote:Quote:

- I went to Bella Verra Mall. It was dead. Will try again tomorrow.
This mall is very expensive. Everything is designer brands. Went into most of the stores and no hot girls working in there.

Just got back from Bella Terra Mall IS ALWAYS DEAD... no matter what day or time you go 70% of the mall is empty as no stores. High class chicks more like wanna be high class for every chick I saw getting out a range rover I saw 160 more with fake LV purses hoping in public cars..

The so called high class chicks at the mall right next to me in the food court with only Papa Johns & Burger King and some other dominican food place pulls out a damn 2 liter from her purse and some cups and starts pouring drinks..

Don't believe that hype, half the stuff in those stores are knockoffs from NYC the only high class mall is Blue Mall in santo domingo with the real stores by LV, Cartier etc.

If you like latin women that look almost white with no ass too then Santiago is the place to be..otherwise keep looking.