rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Teeth Whitening.....

Teeth Whitening.....

Hi everyone

Not sure if this has been covered, but i thought i`d just throw it out there and get some opinions on the matter.

Just wondering has anyone out there had their teeth whitened?

If so, what method was used and do you recommend getting it done?

Pros and cons?

Its just something i have been thinking about getting done myself but would like some sort of feedback on those who have had their teeth done

Thanks in advance

Teeth Whitening.....

the crest white strips worked for me. was probably really unhealthy cause they made my teeth really sensitive for a week or two, but it did the job.

worth the money.

if you're cheap and don't feel like dropping a few bucks you can just make a paste with hydrogen peroxide, toothpaste, and baking soda and use that on your teeth every other day.

doesn't work as well as white strips but there's a significant change in whiteness.

Teeth Whitening.....

I used a tooth whitening light that I bought for ~$40. It did a decent job but I returned it and got my money back.

Teeth Whitening.....

There are teeth kits on Ebay that work well. Peroxide mixtures with ranging strengths (15-44%) I used these for many years with good results. Now I just use peroxide and baking Soda it works good enough if you have a decent baseline of whiteish teeth to work with. I use the mouth trays from the old Ebay stuff for the paste and put it in for a hour. I would do longer but its super strong and has been fuking with my teeths sensitivity. What I would recommend is that you order a starter kit of Ebay and stock up on the remineralization gels they provide to help maintain your enamel, this is key as whitening beats the hell out of thiers strength I find.

Teeth Whitening.....

I did it like 4 years ago, maybe more.

Bought a kid that had alot of stuff in it, but the thing that worked best where some paper-like lids that you put all over your upper and bottom part of your teeth area. You wore them for several hours and by the time I finished with all the lids in the kit, my teeth had really whitenned considerably.

Teeth Whitening.....

I've been a consistent coffee drinker for the last couple years and I'm definitely starting to notice some yellowing. I'll probably spring for the white strips pretty soon unless Roosh has a baking soda-esque solution or something. I've heard that if you're not careful you can overdo it and your teeth end up looking day-glo bright and unnatural, any experience with this?

Teeth Whitening.....

Roosh describes his hydrogen peroxide solution here: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-6484.html

I've been using a mix of peroxide and water (2:1 water:peroxide ratio) with some success. I usually brush my teeth with baking soda and then use the peroxide solution as a mouthwash afterwards. My teeth are probably the cleanest they've ever been.

Teeth Whitening.....

I did the white strips once, they helped, but really just using whitening toothpaste (crest 3d white, for the record) seems to do a pretty decent job.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Teeth Whitening.....

Using banana peels to whiten your teeth seems to be the new thing. Has anyone tried it?

http://www.9news.com/video/1859049092001...iten-teeth

Team Nachos

Teeth Whitening.....

There is a listerine mouth wash in a white bottle that is like $8 and works like magic. Its even a time saver if you already use mouth wash and its cheaper/more convenient than most other methods. Only down side is that it takes about 5 days (10 sessions) before you see results.

Teeth Whitening.....

check out Daywhite. It is carbamide peroxide 44%. It whitened my teeth in about 4 applications of 30 minutes.

The only thing I noticed is after it cold foods hurt a bit. But using sensodyne just dealt with that.

I used the whitening strips (crest) and while they work a bit, they don't whiten the space between your teeth, and they don't whiten your molars as the strips only have whitening in the front part of it.

With the carbamide peroxide you use a tray that you put in hot water and it molds to your teeth. You then put a bit of carbamide peroxide inside the tray and use it once on upper teeth and then on the lower teeth.

Teeth Whitening.....

Quote: (03-11-2013 02:28 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Using banana peels to whiten your teeth seems to be the new thing. Has anyone tried it?

His teeth looked the same to me before and after... Just maybe a bit more shiny, but not whiter.

Teeth Whitening.....

Quote: (03-11-2013 05:01 PM)Pete Wrote:  

Quote: (03-11-2013 02:28 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

His teeth looked the same to me before and after... Just maybe a bit more shiny, but not whiter.

No whiteners work that quickly. It probably takes a few weeks.

I had my teeth whitened professionally years ago by my dentist. Cost me $600. They basically put some kind of clear gel in a clear rubber mold. One for the top. One for the bottom. They put it in your mouth and you bite down. Then they stick this bright UV light right up against the molds in your mouth.

Takes about an hour. My teeth looked whiter but splotchy patches of light and dark. It evened out after a few days and looked ok. It was kind of painful near the end of the hour. Felt like a bad throbbing toothache in EVERY tooth. I don't think I would do it again. There's better and cheaper ways.

Team Nachos

Teeth Whitening.....

http://www.drgeorges.com/

I've used the above in the past. It's cheap and it works pretty much the same way as the professional stuff that costs vastly more.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. - H L Mencken

Teeth Whitening.....

I did the Zoom procedure about a month ago - didn't hurt, and it worked like a charm.

Teeth Whitening.....

I used something called Dentaworks.
You get this kit with a mouth-piece you shape from your teeth (put it in boiling water and shape it) and you add some gel inside it. Have it on for 30 mins 2 times a day for one week. Still get compliments for my teeth. If you in addition to that get some tanning this will add to the sensation of white teeth.

Personally I don`t like overdoing it...too white makes it unnatural and you can`t brag about your hygienic standards [Image: tongue.gif]

Teeth Whitening.....

Crest Whitening Strips worked for me. I used 4 packages over a span of a year. The problem is the tooth enamel shrinks making your teeth thinner. At the edges of my teeth I have noticed the enamel being transparent. So I don't plan to use it again. Anyone else notice their tooth enamel get thinner after Crest Strips???

Teeth Whitening.....

Quote: (03-11-2013 10:39 PM)Freedom Wrote:  

Crest Whitening Strips worked for me. I used 4 packages over a span of a year. The problem is the tooth enamel shrinks making your teeth thinner. At the edges of my teeth I have noticed the enamel being transparent. So I don't plan to use it again. Anyone else notice their tooth enamel get thinner after Crest Strips???
It does. I used them. The only thing I didn't like is that they don't whiten all of your teeth, only the ones on the front. So if you smile you've got white teeth in the front but your molars are still the same shade they were before.

Teeth Whitening.....

I've done both laser whitening and home kit whitening. Don't even bother with laser. It cost at least a few hundred dollars and the results you get can be accomplished with a $20 box of white strips. Only difference is the white strips will take a few weeks and the laser in instantaneous.

I maintain it with peroxide and baking soda.

Teeth Whitening.....

Brushing my teeth with Baking Soda worked for me. A box will last you forever.

Teeth Whitening.....

Anyone heard of Glo teeth whitening system? The trays you put gel in? Does it last forever?

Don't debate me.

Teeth Whitening.....

No teeth whitening lasts forever. Its something you have to continually do.

Teeth Whitening.....

Quote: (03-11-2013 05:44 PM)StudebacherHoch Wrote:  

I did the Zoom procedure about a month ago - didn't hurt, and it worked like a charm.

I got this done in Thailand very cheaply, takes an hour, white for a year after.

Hurt my teeth like a mofo however!

Teeth Whitening.....

I did with laser, was painless, quick and not expensive (in Brazil is 600 reais ~ 150 usd) and I enjoyed a lot, in fact I recommend.

Teeth Whitening.....

I used charcoal tooth paste as per GLL for a while...but I couldn't get over the grainy feeling of charcoal. Unlike normal toothpaste the powder doesn't foam up as much, so I had to consciously prevent myself from swallowing it.

Can anyone vouch for brushing with baking soda or hydrogen peroxide? It looks like samsamsam and I are both looking for natural whitening tips.