rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hook Up Rating: Medellin

What score does Medellin get?

Out of 5 I will end up going with 3 or 4 probably.

What does this mean?

Ease of hooking up?

Overall rating of the place?

- MPM
The Guide to Getting More out of Life
http://www.thegmanifesto.com

http://www.realmantravelguides.com/trave...kup-rating

Quote: (08-10-2009 12:46 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

http://www.realmantravelguides.com/trave...kup-rating

Ah. "Chance of hooking up".

- MPM

I'm hoping it's a definite 4. Buenos Aires is a 3 and from what I have read it is pretty difficult to get sex there.

Let me tell you guys one thing: Medellin is definitely not an easy place to get laid. In fact, of all of the places I went in South America, it was the toughest. There are plenty of cute chicks, but whoever tells you that they are easier than the argentineans are full of shit. Argentine women are by far more sexually liberated than their Colombian sisters. That's why when you go out in Medellin, you will see that everybody is hanging out in little groups of guys and girls, having, deliberately or not, the guys protecting them from intrusive gringos. The rest of South America, the guys will often actually help you getting laid. Not in Medellin.
I had a couple of hook-ups there myself, but had a hard time finding any consistence in what works on them. I guess most of all it comes down to having the time and money to meet the chicks and bring them on dates, cause if you're only relying on night life it is gonna be tough to pull. My advice: go to Brazil, Argentina, or even eastern Bolivia. If you absolutely have to go to Colombia, Bogota is the better choice.

Can anyone think of any other countries that have a hook up rating of 5 (Guaranteed hookup as long as your not disfigured)

Quote: (08-10-2009 05:02 PM)TimberWolf Wrote:  

Can anyone think of any other countries that have a hook up rating of 5 (Guaranteed hookup as long as your not disfigured)

I would say Finland or finnish women anywhere in the world, as long as you are darker skinned than them (they love mediterranean men).
Either in Helsinki or the infamous ferrys [Image: tongue.gif] or anywhere in the world where you meet them. I guarantee you will nail them if you are fit, youthful and a bit pushy enough so they feel the difference to their finnish males, who are very lame at picking up.

I thought Colombians were liberated somewhat sexually.

I guess I've been taking the Rio nightlife life for granted. There're no mixed sets most of the time, plenty of 2, 3-set girls only, and one doesn't try to cockblock the either (most of the time). You need game here though.

I was thinking about going to Medellin after Rio as a change, but might have to reconsider.

Quote:Quote:

I thought Colombians were liberated somewhat sexually.

Definitely not.

Quote: (08-10-2009 05:21 PM)lilactag Wrote:  

Either in Helsinki or the infamous ferrys [Image: tongue.gif] or anywhere in the world where you meet them. I guarantee you will nail them if you are fit, youthful and a bit pushy enough so they feel the difference to their finnish males, who are very lame at picking up.

I took the Silja line from Helsinki to Stockholm...thought I was just going on a normal overnight boat ride. Once you hit International water everybody gets stuck into the booze, gambling, nightclubs, bars! There was a whole university group that was taking the round trip just for the party...needless to say we did quite well that night [Image: smile.gif]

Most of the SE Asian countries. But then you are getting into the situation where the girls are so poor they are just hoping to find a western husband...I have friends that lead them on like it will be a long term relationship. Personally I don't like leading girls on like that...

Philippines as I hear. Peru from what I hear, that is if you're white and esp if you have light hair and eyes. SE Asia I'm sure too. I think that's about it.

There are some stunning girls I've met from the Philippines and they are supposed to be some of the nicest, most welcoming people on the planet. Might be worth investigating if you like Asian girls.

Quote: (08-10-2009 11:10 PM)BaltimoreBachelor Wrote:  

Wow. Brutal.
But then there are also plenty of girls in those countries that have up to a dozen (i'm not joking!) 'boyfriends' that have gone back to UK/Aus/USA and then send money each month so the girl doesn't have to work in 'the bar scene'. They are making a killing and probably still working as well! Guess it works both ways...

I know it sounds like a cliché but I believe guys should really aim to leave girls better off than before they met them. That is one thing that creeps me out about the pickup community, the 'get laid at any cost' mentality.

Quote: (08-10-2009 09:27 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

[quote='TimberWolf' pid='6023' dateline='1249941770']

There are some stunning girls I've met from the Philippines and they are supposed to be some of the nicest, most welcoming people on the planet. Might be worth investigating if you like Asian girls.

They are definately friendly and welcoming, and pretty docile. The really hot girls are the ones who have some Spanish blood. The Philippines was a Spanish colony for a long time. They really love Americans, and foreigners in general.

Well Philipines is one of the stops i have already booked on my around the world trip.

:-)

I will be there in spring.

"The really hot girls are the ones who have some Spanish blood."

Pretty true of most countries.

- MPM

Quote: (08-11-2009 01:07 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

"The really hot girls are the ones who have some Spanish blood."

Pretty true of most countries.

Yet I didn't think the girls in Buenos Aires were all that, looks-wise. I thought Brazil blew Argentina off the map as far as hotties go.

Maybe the girls in Cordoba are better-looking, but I didn't go there.

"Yet I didn't think the girls in Buenos Aires were all that, looks-wise."

Never heard that one before.

Let's just chalk that comment up to personal taste.

- MPM

Quote: (08-11-2009 05:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

No, I love the Mediterranean look in women quite a bit myself, in fact it's my preference, but in all honesty, I did a LOT of walking in B.A., and checked out the looks of women just out and about in stores, restuarants, streets, malls and parks. I didn't think the women overall were anything spectacular. There were some good ones, some ugly ones and most were in the middle. Same feeling I had when I went to Rome. I saw some good looking women, but absolutely nowhere near the level of the women I saw laying out on Ipanema Beach on a Saturday. Or even Miami Beach. Now in Rio or Miami, you are constantly rubber necking. I didn't feel myself turning my head much in B.A. But many others disagree.

I did see quite a few cuties in Mendoza though. More than I saw in B.A.

Quote: (08-11-2009 06:14 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I did a LOT of walking in B.A., and checked out the looks of women just out and about in stores, restuarants, streets, malls and parks. I didn't think the women overall were anything spectacular.

I second that. A lot of average women and some fatties around when you're just walking around and taking in the city. Its NOT a city of all 8s, 9s, and 10s, by any means. But there are definitely SOME 8s, 9s, and 10s, around.

Quote: (08-11-2009 05:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

No, I love the Mediterranean look in women quite a bit myself, in fact it's my preference, but in all honesty, I did a LOT of walking in B.A., and checked out the looks of women just out and about in stores, restuarants, streets, malls and parks. I didn't think the women overall were anything spectacular. There were some good ones, some ugly ones and most were in the middle. Same feeling I had when I went to Rome. I saw some good looking women, but absolutely nowhere near the level of the women I saw laying out on Ipanema Beach on a Saturday. Or even Miami Beach. Now in Rio or Miami, you are constantly rubber necking. I didn't feel myself turning my head much in B.A. But many others disagree.

I did see quite a few cuties in Mendoza though. More than I saw in B.A.

Please revisit.

Post up on Avenida Santa Fe. Insane concentration of pretty girls.

Keep in mind you are comparing to Miami Beach and Rio. Two of the best places on earth.

BA dominates any American city (save Miami Beach).

I could see how you could come to that conclusion though. Or maybe I just had a way better trip than you. Just playing.

The one knock about BA I could say is that the amount of the absolutely breathtaking girls is lower than some places.

But the Average girl is an 80-85 in America. (I use an 100 point scale, similar to wine)

- MPM

Quote: (08-11-2009 06:52 PM)PartyTime Wrote:  

I did a LOT of walking in B.A., and checked out the looks of women just out and about in stores, restuarants, streets, malls and parks. I didn't think the women overall were anything spectacular.

I second that. A lot of average women and some fatties around when you're just walking around and taking in the city. Its NOT a city of all 8s, 9s, and 10s, by any means. But there are definitely SOME 8s, 9s, and 10s, around.

"A lot of average women and some fatties"

Those were the American Tourist Girls.

- MPM

Quote: (08-11-2009 07:10 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

Please revisit.

Post up on Avenida Santa Fe. Insane concentration of pretty girls.

I'd probably check out Cordoba instead if I'm down that way again since I hear so much good about it.

Keep in mind you are comparing to Miami Beach and Rio. Two of the best places on earth.

BA dominates any American city (save Miami Beach).

Probably so. Maybe not L.A. though, we have a lot of stunners out this way due to the movie industry.

The one knock about BA I could say is that the amount of the absolutely breathtaking girls is lower than some places.

My knock was all the smoking. Probably saw more smoking in Argentina than in any other Latin American country I visited.