rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Calgary, Canada

Calgary, Alberta, home to about a million people, is the largest city in the Canadian province of Alberta, its close proximity to the Rocky Mountains (about an hour to an hour and a half drive from Banff national park) and booming economy make it one of the most desirable and livable cities IN THE WORLD!

Of course, this was according to one of those magazine rankings that we all take with a grain of salt, because its subjective to certain parameters that maybe we don't consider important; sure its a great place to start a career and raise a family, but is it a great place for a player to ply his trade and bang tonnes of hot chicks.....well yeah, it kinda is!!!

Now this is a city I know quite well, having lived there for 2 years in 07/08' until the price of oil did a sky dive from $140 to about $35/barrel, I was laid off twice in 2 months! Being the ever resilient guy that I am, I packed up my bags and moved 300 kms up the road to Calgary's ugly step-sister city, Edmonton, where I've been located since (check my Edmonton data sheet out for more details).

Calgary left such a good impression on me that I go back there about 4-6 times a year to party and visit family and friends, and EVERY year since 07', I have gone to the "Greatest outdoor show on Earth" (ya I know, quite the claim!), that is, THE CALGARY STAMPEDE!

The Stampede takes place over 10 days every July and I will NOT miss it so long as I live in Alberta, I would quit my job to go to this party, I would give my left nut to go this party, and the Stampede Queen? I would swim across a sea of cum just to suck off the last guy that fucked her! JUST KIDDING on the last one, but ya SHE'S HOT, always is.....Alberta Cow girls can be smoking HOT!

Honestly, unless you are really into winter sports in the mountains (more on this later), I would only come here in the summer months and I would try to come during Stampede. I actually don't care too much for the actual stampede events, but some of you guys may really enjoy things like rodeo and especially the chuckwagon races (you tube it), I go there for 1 thing and 1 thing only, HOT ALBERTAN COW GIRLS (HACGs)!!! They also hand out free rubbers here, and the attitude is `what happens during stampede, stays here`!

Where do you find all these HACGs? At the big tent-night club inside the Stampede grounds called NASHVILLE NORTH, but I'll warn you guys now, get there as early as you can, unless you want to wait 3-5 hours in line, no joke! people from all over North America, and indeed the world, go here to party, and EVERYONE in in such a good spirit, meeting HACGs and other assorted gals is super easy, everyone is very outgoing and friendly, especially if you're from out of town. So boys, get geared up in your cowboy boots and hat and big old belt buckle and hit the dance floor!!! Don't know how to 2-step, no problem, get a HACG to show you!

So ya, Alberta is like a Texas junior....the economy is largely based on oil revenues and agriculture, it is in fact the place where they filmed Broke Back Mountain (don't remind the cowboys of this, they don't like it LOL).

Now, IMHO, Calgary isn't really a PARTY town per se, coming from the Maritimes, I found the people to be a bit up tight and the night life to be so-so (bars close at 2am, too early for a hard drinking piss tank like me!), thats why Stampede is the best time to go, Calgarians really loosen up!!!

Also, this is not a redneck, cowboy only type event, every year I see dozens of guys, girls and entire families dressed up in cowboy gear, for real, East Indians, Somalians, Latinos, etc. all come here to party, and all have a good time!

If you can't get into Nashville North (happens to me sometimes), just take the C-train (Calgary's ok-ish light rail transit) up to South land station, or a taxi up macLeod Trail and go to Ranchman's, Calgary's best cowboy bar, this place also gets a long queue going around noon during Stampede, outside of Stampede its still the place to go to pick up HACGs, I also used to see A LOT of cougars there too!

The rest of Calgary's bar and club scene in downtown, focused mainly around 17th Ave, AKA the Red Mile. Some of my favorite bars there include: Melrose, a good pub/lounge with a patio right on the sidewalk where you can watch the local talent walk by, it tends to attract a more upscale crowd (lambos, BMWs, Harleys parked out side), then there's The Ship and Anchor, just up the street a couple blocks, this is where Calgary's alternative/hipster kids hang out. Right beside there is another kind of upscale club (forget the name) where you'll find some hot girls of different ethnicities. Theres quite a few other pubs and clubs around here, but they all tend to be pretty small, not big clubs.

Another decent area is Kensington, across the Bow river from downtown, you'll find some really good pubs here like Molly Malones, yard House and the Kensington pub.

Myself, being the East Coaster that I am, my favorite place is The Atlantic Trap and Gill on MacLeod Trail. I go here to listen to east coast style live music, drink lots beer and hit on the easy East Coast women (much more laid back and easy to approach than Albertan women), especially my favorite chicks, Newfies....lots of em out west all over Alberta!

Which brings me to the next topic: CALGARY WOMEN

Overall, there are some VERY NICE women in Calgary. People move here from all over Canada for work opportunities, theres even a lot of Americans here, something like 30,000, Calgary is the city with the most Americans, and you guys will do VERY WELL here, especially those with an accent. But, the Calgary women tend to be somewhat superficial (NOWHERE near T Dot or even Van city levels, but more than the East Coast), you will do well to dress G`d-up-from-tha-feet-up here!

Calgary girls in the downtown, upscale bars like their men professional and well dressed, the more blue collar types (like me), head out of downtown or even better, up to E-town, you won`t be let down!

Again, one of the best things about Calgary is that its very close to the Rocky Mountains. If you are an outdoor enthusiast (camping, hiking, rock climbing, BMX/mountain/dirt biking, snow boarding, skiing, etc), you will be in heaven!!!

Myself, in the two years I lived there, I went skiing once and hiking once, why? Because every time I went to Banff or Lake Louise with my friends, we would party soooo hard at the bars and clubs there, we`d be too hung over to drag our sorry asses outta bed!!! While in Banff (a necessary stop during any Alberta visit) Check out Wild Bills, Rose and Crown and Hoodoos.

BANFF and LAKE LOUISE, 2 awesome, picturesque mountain party towns, which attract young workers from all over the world to work in the ski hills and in resorts, you can`t get on a ski lift in the Rockies with out hearing an Aussi accent!!!

***IF YOU ARE 18-22*** Quit your job tomorrow, drop out of school, get some $ and move to Banff or Lake Louise (AKA Lake Disease, the STD capital of Canada, so boys, don`t be silly, protect your willy). I don`t care if you have to knock off a liquor store and steal your grandma`s car, get your ass up here and you will party, snowboard and get laid LIKE A CHAMP!!! Oh ya, u might want to line up a work visa and apply for a job first, pesky details!!

Anyway, I hope this helps guys, Cowtown and the mountains await you!!

Quote: (12-25-2011 03:30 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Now, IMHO, Calgary isn't really a PARTY town per se, coming from the Maritimes, I found the people to be a bit up tight and the night life to be so-so

I went to Calgary, and I actually liked it but did not get the reception I was expecting from the local girls. The girls were a bit stuck-up and seemed to be mostly into dating black guys. I got no beef with that, but something to take into consideration if your trip to Calgary is to chase local ass that is presumably easy - it's easy if you are black, otherwise I see myself working hard here for a bang as a light-skin Latin guy.

I did get 1 lay, but it was pure luck. Granted, the girls were not rude or bitchy, but they were paying more attention to the black guys in my group above all else. I then noticed that black guys got a lot of play in Calgary, even the ugly ones.

I was chillin' with a local dude and his advice was to always make sure I tell girls I am NOT from Calgary and that I am leaving soon as social circles are small and girls protect their "I'm not a slut" reputation until death! Girls did show excitement when I said I'm from Miami, but not enough to allow me to escalate physically towards sex. [Image: dodgy.gif]

I went during dead smack of summer in August, I did enjoy but found it a bit boring and it would get old quick.

Quote: (12-25-2011 03:30 PM)scotian Wrote:  

The Stampede takes place over 10 days every July and I will NOT miss it so long as I live in Alberta, I would quit my job to go to this party, I would give my left nut to go this party, and the Stampede Queen? I would swim across a sea of cum just to suck off the last guy that fucked her! JUST KIDDING on the last one, but ya SHE'S HOT, always is.....Alberta Cow girls can be smoking HOT!

Maybe I need to go here during this time to get a different vibe from Calgary, because in August, the only lay I got was from a French-Canadian girl from Montreal working in the hotel I was at. MTL girls really seem to love and feel my vibe more for some reason.

Ironically, I had NO ISSUES getting pussy from local college girls in Fargo, ND just 3hrs south.

On the other hand, I was told that Regina is the place for extremely easy pussy. Can you confirm?

Mixx

I would say Regina and Saskatoon are easy places for pussy. I keep hearing Moncton, NB is extremely easy. A little bit in the middle of no where, but you could certainly go to St.John's or Halifax easily.

The inevitable Calgary vs Edmonton comment: The parties are better in Edmonton and the girls are easier. The girls are better looking in Calgary, however.

Scotian, you left out Sylvan Lake in the summer. All the hotties from Calgary go to Sylvan Lake in the summer as I remember. It was impressive the times I was there, though it's been sometime now.

Quote: (12-25-2011 05:16 PM)Luckystar Wrote:  

I would say Regina and Saskatoon are easy places for pussy. I keep hearing Moncton, NB is extremely easy. A little bit in the middle of no where, but you could certainly go to St.John's or Halifax easily.

The inevitable Calgary vs Edmonton comment: The parties are better in Edmonton and the girls are easier. The girls are better looking in Calgary, however.

Scotian, you left out Sylvan Lake in the summer. All the hotties from Calgary go to Sylvan Lake in the summer as I remember. It was impressive the times I was there, though it's been sometime now.

Luckystar, you are spot on with the Cowtown and Etown comparison, Calgary women are more stuck up that their Albertan sisters to the north, who are more down to Earth and like their men more blue collar and rugged. About Moncton, this is where us Halifax guys go once in awhile to slay the local ACADIAN women (more on those lovelies in the upcoming Maritimes datasheet!)

Damn, how could I have forgotten Sylvan Lake in the summer? I`ve only been once and you`re right, there was tonnes of hot Albertan pussy there (its basically half way between Edmonton and Calgary so people from both cities flock there in the summer to party especially long weekends). However, if you don`t expect a nice lake like you would find in BC, Ontario or out east, Sylvan lake isn`t that nice!

Mixx, too bad you didn`t have a great time in Calgary, but I would recommend coming back in July and hitting up the Stampede, a good idea would be to combine this trip with a visit to Edmonton, the Rockies (Banff ) or a house boat trip in BC or a few days in Kelowna.

Basically, Canada is a logistical nightmare when it comes to getting around, when I`m done posting all my Canada data sheets, two more to go, I will make suggestions for combo-trips, which in my opinion are essential to get a good Canadian experience!

Scotian,

It is is peak season for Canadian snowbirds in Florida right now, and I just met a girl from Brandon, Manitoba - which I notice is just west of Calgary, before reaching Regina. However, she was HEAVILY into me, I mean damn, she was making out with me within 15 minutes of meeting her!! Why the fuck was I not getting this reaction/reception when I was over there in calgary? I hate that shit!

Granted she is on sex-cation in Fort Lauderdale, and we were both walking barefoot in the sand as we bumped into each other.

However, she is a really cute blonde, very cute...she looks like Marilyn Monroe - [Image: smile.gif]

What's the deal with Brandon? It seems I should not miss this place when I head to Calgary in July 2012.

Mixx

Quote: (12-28-2011 11:58 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Scotian,

It is is peak season for Canadian snowbirds in Florida right now, and I just met a girl from Brandon, Manitoba - which I notice is just west of Calgary, before reaching Regina.
Mixx

Howdy MiXX, I think you are mixing Winnipeg with Calgary , Weren't you in Fargo, ND this summer and drove to Winnipeg. Calgary would have been too far to drive from fargo .........

I have been to Calgary and found the Girls goodlooking and vey friendly just like Nashville [Image: smile.gif], intersted in Scotian's take on winnipeg though .....

"You can not fake good kids" - Mike Pence

Quote: (12-28-2011 01:15 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Scotian,

It is is peak season for Canadian snowbirds in Florida right now, and I just met a girl from Brandon, Manitoba - which I notice is just west of Calgary, before reaching Regina.
Mixx

Howdy MiXX, I think you are mixing Winnipeg with Calgary , Weren't you in Fargo, ND this summer and drove to Winnipeg. Calgary would have been too far to drive from fargo .........

I have been to Calgary and found the Girls goodlooking and vey friendly just like Nashville [Image: smile.gif], intersted in Scotian's take on winnipeg though .....

OOOppsssss!

Yup. I meant Brandon is just west of Winnipeg. It was Winnipeg where I was at. I travel so many friggin' places I forget where I wake-up half the time. Sorry. =)

Mixx

Quote: (12-28-2011 02:25 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (12-28-2011 01:15 PM)Lothario Wrote:  

Scotian,

Mixx

OOOppsssss!

Yup. I meant Brandon is just west of Winnipeg. It was Winnipeg where I was at. I travel so many friggin' places I forget where I wake-up half the time. Sorry. =)

Mixx

Mixx, I only know two things about Brandon Manitoba: Its a small town with a university (good) and a guy I worked with was at a house there and a local Cree native chick held a knife to his throat and stole his leather jacket (bad).

I'd only hit that place up if I was in the area already (Winnipeg or ND).

Manitoba is actually the only Canadian province that I haven't been to, and honestly, its doesn't have a great reputation, and thats from Manitobans I work with Alberta. The winters are insanely cold (think -20 to -40 C on a regular basis) and in the summer, the mosquitoes are REALLY bad and big!

However, I am an optimist, this is Canada we're talking about here and especially in a province like Manitoba, the girls will be very friendly (on their license plate it says "friendly Manitoba"), unpretenious and very DTF. I had a great FWB situation with a blond chick from Dauphin Manitoba in Edmonton, really sweet girl.

Winnipeg, AKA Winterpeg is known as a shitty city with a high native population (Cree), its very violent by Canadian standards and generally has a terrible reputation. However, one of my best friends worked there for a few weeks and he said the night life was actually pretty good and theres lots of hot blond chicks of Ukrainian, Polish and German decent.

There is also Lake Manitoba, hopefully a local can expand on this, but its cottage country and it must be nice because James Gandolfni of the Sopranos owns a summer home there.

I hope this helps....Mixx, if I were you, I would never leave the beaches of Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood Florida, they are CRAWLING with hot young canuck chicks, especially French ones from Quebec, but of course, you already know this!!!

Does one need to rent a car? Staying in downtown near 17th but will be bar/club hopping

Quote: (07-05-2012 09:35 AM)chyamor Wrote:  

Does one need to rent a car? Staying in downtown near 17th but will be bar/club hopping

If you're staying on 17th then you won't necessarily need a car because that's close to where all the bars are and you can walk to the Stampede grounds from there in about 15-20 minutes.

You should be able to get a shuttle from the airport to your hotel for around $15 or a taxi will cost about $30-40.

Staying where you are is the best option logistics wise, and if you want to check out other areas of the city, you can take the C-Train, just walk 10 blocks down to 7th and hop on. Honestly, outside of down town there isn't a lot to see, except maybe hitting up some of the bars over in Kensington (C-Train stops there, Sunny Side station). I would recommend Chinook mall as a good place to day game, but with the amount of action happening around the Stampede and down town, you'll be better off there. The bars around your hotel on 17th will be rocking all day and night, check out Melrose, Rose & Crown, Ship & Anchor, etc. There's a also some good spots on Stephen Ave for the afternoon business crowd

Stampede grounds and the entire city of Calgary for that matter will be great for both day game and night game, play up the fact that you're from the States and the women should be very receptive.

The only reason that you should rent a car is if you want to drive out to Banff national park, even if you just go for a day, it's definitely worth it.

Unfortunately, I won't make it down to Stampede this year because of work, have fun man and report back with a Stampede data sheet!

You guys seemed to be missing out on all the hot spots during Stampede. I live in Calgary and I agree the only time to visit during the summer is stampede. The great thing about this place is we have a ton of hot women. Per capita we have to be second only to Montreal IMHO. The girls are way snobbier than edmonton but way hotter. Compared to Van, TO and MTL, calgarian women are very down to earth.

If you want to get laid during stampede you need only hit the Downtown tents they have set up. The best ones are Cowboys, which is one of the most legendary bars in the world. They even did a small reality show on it (yours truly has a cameo). Wildhorse saloon is also right up there for a great time. These venues hold up to 5000 people and they are crammed in there like cattle. You have no choice but to talk to women because they pretty much bump into you all night long.

Mixx I am not sure where you are hanging out but most girls in Calgary are somewhat racist. We are the bible belt of Canada and have very strong hick roots. Most women wouldn't be caught dead with black guys in Calgary. I have a few brothers for friends and they have a hell of a time meeting white girls. Unless of course you play for the CFL team.

Another great thing about stampede is all the private parties on rooftops and mansion parties. These are usually invite only, but they had an amazing playboy search party on top of fashion central downtown. You could buy tickets and i think they were $75 bucks( my buddy got us in for free ). Anyways in all my years of stampeding (8+ years) this was the best thing I have ever been too. All the 10s of the city were their. Of course if you are seen at one of these events it is automatically assumed you are somewhat connected in the city. So picking women up is easy and since their are so many hot ones the insecurity of them magnifies. Which can be said for all the venues. Almost all the 3somes I have had stem from 10 days of the most fun you can have with your boots on.

If anyone wants to go to stampede next year hit me up. I can provide almost anything you need to enjoy the week. I have great connections to the party tents and I usually can just roll in their with a few guys and skip the monstorous lines plus get a shitload of free drink tickets.

" I'M NOT A CHRONIC CUNT LICKER "

Canada, where the women wear pants and the men wear skinny jeans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Vx1fWRzABw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgsDdeLAYpQ

Some promo videos I found. Another great thing about the stampede is all the oil companies fly in the hottest escorts and pornstars for private parties. Know the right people and you could be snorting a rail of some pornstars tit. Also all the clubs fly in models and the hottest bartenders in North America to work at the bars. Some girls are only here to make money and can't be hit on. While most want to have fun too and get fucked and fucked up. I have been to a few parties where the conference room table is one great big ski hill of coke with 9s and 10s diving right in and multi millionaire nerds are wetting their pants in the corner with excitement. These are the best places to pick up the women because most of these guys are true nerds in the sense and only have money going for them. Or they are older, fat, bald white guys. Show up a little late after the women have had enough of being told how beautiful they, toss a few negs out and next thing you know you got a coked out 10 on your lap with her tongue down your throat.

Im definitively hitting stampede next year again. Biginjapan how can I get vip no waiting in line access to cowboys? The game plan is to rent an apartment for the opening weekend very close to cowboys. Pickup from cowboys, bang, repeat. Knowing what I know now I can honestly say I will have no problem picking up 6-7 girls and banging em all in one day. Thats how drunk and horny they are during stampede.

Quote: (09-08-2012 04:11 PM)chyamor Wrote:  

Im definitively hitting stampede next year again. Biginjapan how can I get vip no waiting in line access to cowboys? The game plan is to rent an apartment for the opening weekend very close to cowboys. Pickup from cowboys, bang, repeat. Knowing what I know now I can honestly say I will have no problem picking up 6-7 girls and banging em all in one day. Thats how drunk and horny they are during stampede.

You can buy bracelets that will get you in no line no cover on your own. I don't know the price.

But all the girls that run that shit I either grew up with or I have fucked at some point. So we just get them given to us. Another thing to do just like everywhere else is grease the bouncer. Not sure of the cost during stampede but Im guessing 50-100 per guy. Which isn't outrageous considering you won't have to wait in line 5 hours and pretty much guaranteed to fuck a 7+ if you aren't a midget amputee

Quote: (09-08-2012 02:17 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

You guys seemed to be missing out on all the hot spots during Stampede. I live in Calgary and I agree the only time to visit during the summer is stampede. The great thing about this place is we have a ton of hot women. Per capita we have to be second only to Montreal IMHO. The girls are way snobbier than edmonton but way hotter. Compared to Van, TO and MTL, calgarian women are very down to earth.

If you want to get laid during stampede you need only hit the Downtown tents they have set up. The best ones are Cowboys, which is one of the most legendary bars in the world. They even did a small reality show on it (yours truly has a cameo). Wildhorse saloon is also right up there for a great time. These venues hold up to 5000 people and they are crammed in there like cattle. You have no choice but to talk to women because they pretty much bump into you all night long.

Mixx I am not sure where you are hanging out but most girls in Calgary are somewhat racist. We are the bible belt of Canada and have very strong hick roots. Most women wouldn't be caught dead with black guys in Calgary. I have a few brothers for friends and they have a hell of a time meeting white girls. Unless of course you play for the CFL team.

Another great thing about stampede is all the private parties on rooftops and mansion parties. These are usually invite only, but they had an amazing playboy search party on top of fashion central downtown. You could buy tickets and i think they were $75 bucks( my buddy got us in for free ). Anyways in all my years of stampeding (8+ years) this was the best thing I have ever been too. All the 10s of the city were their. Of course if you are seen at one of these events it is automatically assumed you are somewhat connected in the city. So picking women up is easy and since their are so many hot ones the insecurity of them magnifies. Which can be said for all the venues. Almost all the 3somes I have had stem from 10 days of the most fun you can have with your boots on.

If anyone wants to go to stampede next year hit me up. I can provide almost anything you need to enjoy the week. I have great connections to the party tents and I usually can just roll in their with a few guys and skip the monstorous lines plus get a shitload of free drink tickets.

True and false. Calgary is stuck in the dark ages with race for sure but for me as a brother I had no issues swooping broads of all races. I was getting love from all colors down there. Some parts of Canada are really backwards for sure but its all a matter of how you conduct yourself and the swagger you project. I could be any color under the rainbow. My voice sometimes carries a TO accent but other then that I could roll with any crew, any color. You can at least get a in this way.. if the girl still hates even if your using good game then she's just wack.

You know its not an issue when you can roll up to V-Lounge be one of maybe the 4 people in their NOT ASIAN and still pull. Even with all the cock blocking and hating I still was able to scrounge something. I have never attempted shit so brazen like that in Toronto but I am damn well going to try. lol.

The Brown girls we're hostile. They strait up were treating me and my homies like dirt and made an effort to pull some low key racist shit. Then down the street we almost scrapped with some SA Brown dudes whom were hating also. That was the only time it got hectic last time I was there.

But really if kats are thinking about race in any Canadian City then they have to many issues. If you come correct you can game anything. Only peoples that have it stacked against them are my First Nations bredrens.

Quote: (09-09-2012 09:58 PM)kosko Wrote:  

Quote: (09-08-2012 02:17 PM)BIGINJAPAN Wrote:  

True and false. Calgary is stuck in the dark ages with race for sure but for me as a brother I had no issues swooping broads of all races. I was getting love from all colors down there. Some parts of Canada are really backwards for sure but its all a matter of how you conduct yourself and the swagger you project. I could be any color under the rainbow. My voice sometimes carries a TO accent but other then that I could roll with any crew, any color. You can at least get a in this way.. if the girl still hates even if your using good game then she's just wack.

You know its not an issue when you can roll up to V-Lounge be one of maybe the 4 people in their NOT ASIAN and still pull. Even with all the cock blocking and hating I still was able to scrounge something. I have never attempted shit so brazen like that in Toronto but I am damn well going to try. lol.

The Brown girls we're hostile. They strait up were treating me and my homies like dirt and made an effort to pull some low key racist shit. Then down the street we almost scrapped with some SA Brown dudes whom were hating also. That was the only time it got hectic last time I was there.

But really if kats are thinking about race in any Canadian City then they have to many issues. If you come correct you can game anything. Only peoples that have it stacked against them are my First Nations bredrens.

Dude if you are dressing well and have a tight game, of course you will do well. But overall most men now a days, regardless of race dress like slobs. Big difference in Calgary is that will have a far more negative impact if you are a different race.

Where you were out and about down on Stephen Ave is Calgary's little diversity area. Come on 17th ave and hit the bars their dressed like a bum and you will find out quite quickly skin color matters.

stampede tickets on sale monday for 2013

This has been a long time coming; my apologies to the E-town crew for such delay.

City

This city has been hit by the downturn hard; half of downtown is empty and real estate has dropped. On the plus side, it doesn't feel like a shit hole unlike certain northern cities. The city also serves as a better hub for international flights compared to Edmonton.

Feels like a Canadian Minneapolis; blend of Toronto and Edmonton. Not much of an American novelty factor. Compared to Edmonton, Calgary is more white collar and has a lot more fun stuff to do. In terms of women, they are freakier and easier in Edmonton but I definitely enjoy the jump in quality here.

Logistics are an absolute bitch; find a place that allows you to work/play. It sucks even worse in winter. The C-Train is pretty good and there is some talent on weekends heading home early.

Good spots to live are Sunalta, Kensington, Ramsay, Lower Mount Royal and Marda Loop. Lots of girls around on weekends and decent amount of stuff to do.

Women:

Women are better quality, friendlier and more approachable. Definitely got that gold digger lite vibe; they have some weird fetish for trading business cards if they're into you to size you up.

If you are looking for strippers and masseuses; Edmonton beats this place by a country mile in both quality and quantity. I've dated strippers in E-town.

I've had more luck on POF/OKC than Tinder/Bumble here. From my own experience and other members, day game is much more fruitful.

Women are older on average but they stay fit; the UV and dry air ages them quick. More blondes with German/Ukrainian/Irish roots. I've seen lots of mixed couples; older white women going for ethnic guys to settle down.

Nightlife:

Compared to the other posters, I do not have extensive experience here. However, I can vouch for a few bars that I have explored due to the forum and from member recommendations.

Cowboys, Knoxvilles and Ranchmans are solid country style clubs. Their tents on Stampede are epic.

Commonwealth and Ship & Anchor are pretty good spots as well; regardless if you are macking or not.

National on 10 is pretty cool - They have bowling downstairs. National on 17 is better for people watching if you get outside as it's on a main intersection.

Model Milk, Milk Tiger and Mings are good spots to bring a date for drinks. They are pricey ($10) but it's worth it.

Though these two haven't been mentioned; they can be okay at times.Jimmy Deans for black girls and Pig & Duke on 12 Ave for your standard white girl.

Food:

For Vietnamese, check out Van Son and Bolsa. Both are highly rated.

Joycees is a solid Caribbean food joint.

Clive burger, Petes Drive In (Milkshakes) and Five Guys for standard fare.

Jimmys, Jerusalem Shawarma and Shawarma Knight are good go to spots for middle eastern food.

Mirchi, Rajas and Little Spice are your options for Indian food.

Outdoor Activities:

Most activities would run you $250 for a course. You'll meet some cool folks. However, I find it more economical to join the meetup groups and rent gear. You can also purchase gear via Kijiji and MEC Gear Swap.

Backpacking - Kannanaskis, Bow Valley or Banff National Park along with the Rockies. Get "Scrambles in the Canadian Rockies" or join the meetup groups for outdoor activities; very active.

Ice and Rock Climbing - Use the UoC outdoor center for classes. They teach you the basics indoors and then you go for outdoor climbs. Yamnuska is also a good bet.

If you are looking for Indoor then sign up with Calgary Climbing Center - They have 3 locations (Hangar has the best talent) and you can do all three for $75/month.

Mountain Biking - Rent in town instead of at the resort. You easily save $50 or more. Fernie is a good spot and it'll run you $80 for the ticket.

Skiing and Snowboarding - Nakiska, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse, Sunshine Village, Mount Norquay, Panorama and Fernie within 3 hours. It'll run you $150 for a day out on the slopes of you don't have your own gear. Buy a season pass or off Kijiji for discounts. It's better to go during the week. Another option is to use the discover Ski/Board lessons for $60 (One time per resort) and fake it to access the slopes for the day.

Whitewater Kayaking/Canoeing - The outdoor center has rentals; they usually run courses in tandem with Undercurrents or Aquabatics. It'll run you $300 for the weekend course but you'll be able to hit Class II/III rapids after that. I personally hated it.

Helicopter/Airplane Lessons - Springbank Airport 45 minutes west offers them. Pretty epic flying on a sunny day towards the Rockies. If you have a crew of 4; I believe it's $150 a pop to get dropped off on a mountain and picked up later.

Ballooning/Gliding - Hear it operates out of Okotoks. Pretty busy and hard to get a spot. Runs about $200 per person.

Hang-Gliding/Paragliding - Courses will run you $150. You will spend 3 days; 1 theory and the next 2 trying to fly. For sheer novelty, it's quite fun.

Fishing - The Bow River is famous for fly fishing. You can drive an hour to Kananaskis or 2 hours to the Columbia river in the Kootenays.

Floating down Rivers - There are 5 in the area. Bow River is most popular. Rent a large raft and chill out. Drinking is banned but doesn't mean you can't smoke herb and float on a sunny day.

Sailing - Calgary Sailing Club is on Glenmore Reservoir (Calgary's water supply). They have lessons all summer and it's a scenic spot to take dates as well.

Polo - It's addictive and great for networking. Pretty expensive and the season is short. You can also go watch games on Sundays at Calgary Polo Club. Dress classy as it's usually gold diggers and local money. Good spot for dates as well.

Stargazing - Drive an hour south, east or west from town on a clear night. Grab a few blankets and bang under the stars on a country road. The more civilized option is to hit up Rothney Observatory for their star-gazing nights - you'll see meteor showers and the milky way.

City Activities:

Golf - Shaganappi has an awesome driving range where you can take dates. There are also lessons available. I prefer golf town as they give you 3 lessons to fix your swing/putt for $100. Worth every penny. You can play indoor golf during winter; check Group-On for the deals.

Baseball/Softball - Baseball cages near McMahon Stadium and further up on 16th Avenue. Underrated date spot and usually pretty empty. They have various speeds and its a good day out. Costs $20.

Speeders GoKarts - Will run you around $50. Had an RVF race day a while back in Edmonton. Fun times.

Princess Island Park - The city has tons of festivals in summer. This is the spot. If you are a Pokemon person; the crowds gather here frequently.

Callaway Park - Theme park that's outside the city by 30 minutes. Never been but have heard good things.

Biking and Dog Parks - For some reason, there are a ton of women with dogs and bikes here. It seems like a viable way to game though I have no experience in that area.

Extreme Air Park - Good for dates or fitness. You won't be able to last more than 30 minutes. Good for the bounce in more ways than one.

Fitness:

Most places cost $20 for a single class or you can sign up for a month at $50. It seems to be standard though the best places charge $30 for a one week trial. Most of the spa/therapy stuff will run you $60 for one session and it's wiser to get a 3-pack and split it with your crew.

Fit Republic - Recommend BikerBarre or Aerial Yoga. Friendly vibe.

Union Athletica - Recommend Spin-Yoga classes. Mixed crowd.

Barre Body Studio - You'll be the only guy; definitely hits your legs. Great talent in both locations. Evening classes book out fast.

Lagre - Pilates meets Barre - Hardcore workout and more cougars/milfs.

Hot Yoga on 17 - One of the few studios in town where both the talent and actual yoga is legit. You'll be screened hard by instructors.

Peloton - Different type of spin class. Mostly mixed and serious people. Based on workout capacity.

Orange Theory - If you are new to HIIT, this is definitely a great introduction. I believe you get a free week. Mixed classes favoring women.

Studio Revolution - If you are into SUP or balance board training, take their yoga class. It will destroy you if you have a weak sense of balance. Mixed ratio.

Gyms

Most gyms that aren't WorldHealth/Fit4Less/24Hour Fitness will run you around $70/month. If you are below the low income threshold; simply go to the City of Calgary recreation centers and sign an application for a free annual membership.

Urban Athlete - Small boutique gym with a large variety of equipment including the eclectic stuff. They have a free 3 day trial.

Mount Royal Gym - Underrated. Decent talent and they have a saltwater pool.

UoC Gym - Standard university gym with young bros doing their thing. Good equipment selection.

Talisman Center - For athletic training and sheer number of activities you can do; this place is the shit.

Martial Arts/Cool Shit

Flip Factory - Has a Ninja Warrior and Aerial Arts class where you are introduced to trapeze/hoop/silks. In the latter you will be the only dude around solid talent. Great training for obstacle races.

MMA Gyms - Champions Creed and MMA University are both pretty good. Both have a diverse crowd and you get solid training.

Sword-fighting - There was a Kenjutsu dojo that shut down. But if you are into HEMA, one of the authorities on it teaches here. Sword Academy is the name. You'll learn a variety of styles and it's pretty gritty.

BronzeBaxx - IV treatment is similar to the Vegas drip for hangovers. Good for stampede. I recommend their hydration station in conjunction with a niacin detox.

Cryotherapy - Its available at MMA University and BronzeBaxx is apparently getting it.

Weekend and Day Trips

1) Kananaskis Country with the Spray Lakes Area and Bow Valley
2) Drumheller for the Dinosaur Museum
3) Day at Sylvan Lake
4) Banff and Yoho National Park - Lake Louise, Lake Moraine and Emerald Lake
5) Highwood and Sheep River with the Jumping Cliffs
6) Premier and Whiteswan Lake with Lussier Hotsprings
7) Waterton-Glacier National Park
8) Banff Party Weekend - I believe there's a few members who can recall that.

I would add to the above data sheet:

Anywhere in the Beltline is a good place to see/meet attractive women. If you go out around early afternoon you will find the hot server girls (half of Calgary female employees) just getting up, running errands, grabbing their coffees.
> hang around Analog Coffee

Mission: hot rich bitches.
> hang around Phil & Sebastian
> for the late 20s/early 30s crowd, check out the Wurst bar on the lower level of the restaurant

Design District: some good restos, shitty modern art galleries that nonetheless attract some fine looking ladies for some events, and a shitty hipster bar where you can most likely find nasty sluts aplenty, but their looks tend to be at least minus 1 on average from the other venues.

In Brownman's post he mentioned Lower Mount Royal. A decent pickup spot is Roosevelt. It is a brunch spot and bar, and some nights turns into a nightclub. Supposedly (I heard from a friend) this is where cougars come to fuck black dudes. I thought that was funny since one night I watched two very hot (but skanky) stripper chicks get gamed excellently by a jacked black guy after a couple other dudes had failed. Also in the same area is 1410. I find the staff usually quite attractive here, the clientelle can be a mix. Also turns into a club some nights.

FOOD
- Ox & Angela: perfect date spot, best tapas in the city, won't leave you feeling overstuffed so you can perform later that evening
- Bonterra: in my opinion, the best Italian in the city. Better for a fine dinner with a main girl.
- Posto: Bonterra's wine and snack bar. Great for little bites, quick dates, meet a pal to kill a bottle of wine (half price during happy hour)
- Native Tongues Taqueria: my favorite Mexican in the city. Burritos are awesome but only to go. Also lots of Mezcal to try.
- if you just want simple burgers, cheap Tuesday wings, and solid beer selection, go to Brewsters on 11th. Although I almost never see decent girls there, it's a nice chill hang out spot with the boys or with your main if you want a cheapo greasy night.

If you are into more dangerous game, you could try the strip club Boudoir Rouge. Most of the stage dancers are not so good, but you can try gaming the girls offering private dances (obviously don't get one), and strangely enough females like this place so you can try gaming the customers.

Thread bump: I've been to Calgary twice in the past month to visit friends and family there and have started banging a local Latina so will be returning throughout the summer. I went out quite a bit and here is some intel for anyone thinking of visiting Cowtown this summer, I mostly hung out around 17th avenue.

Hotel: I stayed at the Best Western downtown on 8th street and 13th ave, the rooms are pretty nice and the location is really good for partying on near by 17th, cost is $120 and they give a 10% discount to AMA or CAA members.

Eating:

Brown's Social Hall I ate here a lot, its a chain restaurant out of BC, good place to watch playoff hockey, good selection of beer and decent food.

Tuk Tuk Thai: Decent place on 17th for quick, cheap ($10-15) Thai food

Blanco Cantina: Mexican place on 17th, I ate there during happy hour and the prices were great, 50% the large nachos and me and the girl couldn't finish them, also applies to drinks. Didn't hang out here at night but there was a good crowd when we walked by.

Trolley 5 Brewpub: Decent spot for meal and a good selection of local brews, nothing too interesting but had a good crowd on a Friday night.

National on 17th: Similar to the Trolley but a massive selection of draught beer and bench seating if that's your thing, can be a bit easier to meet people when you have to sit near them on benches.

Cleaver: This place has $5 cocktails on weekdays, I took advantage of that and got so drunk that I had to be carried out, pretty chill crowd on a Thursday night but worth it for the cheap booze.

Tropical: Latin themed restaurant and night club in the late evening (after 10pm). I took the Latina chick here and it was great because they played a good mix of music, mostly Latin with a good balance of salsa, reggaeton and bachata. Calgary has a small Latino community but its varied, I didn't really speak to anyone there but it appears that there's a mix of Mexicans, South Americans and Caribbean Latinos. We actually went there twice and Friday was better for some reason, more Latinos whereas Saturday had more Gringos. Cover is $10.

*There's a new trend that I haven't seen elsewhere which is the "reverse happy hour" where they have weekday drink specials from 9pm until midnight which is pretty cool if you're a frugal piss tank like me.

Cafes:

Analog: This place is high volume and probably hard to get a spot to sit but its popular among young people and I saw a lot of attractive chicks in there.

Philosafy: Another trendy coffee shop but much less crowded and bigger than Analog

Basically all of those places are right on 17th Avenue within ten blocks of each other from 14th to 4st, you can hit any of them up for drinks and food in the day or evening and there will be plenty of people around and decent targets for girls. Coming from Edmonton, Calgary has a noticeably higher amount of attractive women walking around, its crazy actually.

Another thing I noticed along with another forum member was the amount of interracial dating in Calgary
, in particular Asian guys with white girls and black guys with white girls. We sat in Tompkins Park on 8th street and 17th, I had smoked a big joint and we just chilled drinking coffee and people watching, in about an hour we saw at least a half a dozen Asian guys with good looking white chicks and a few black guys with white chicks. The black guys with white girls isn't anything unusual but I haven't seen that many Asian dudes dating white chicks before, so that may be of interest for you Asian dudes out there. So I guess Calgary is a decent spot for interracial dating, its not something I really notice since I'm white but my black friend (fellow RVF guy) claims it really is a white city (he's from Toronto) and was actually complaining about the lack of hot black chicks and he's looking for variety, getting sick of white girls.

Anyway, as I mentioned above, I'll be in Calgary more often over the summer so if anyone there wants to hang out just let me know. Also, I'm Edmonton based so if you're up in Etown get in touch.

Scotian, how's the job market? The Economy? Especially the Oil & Gas Industry now in Alberta?

^Still shitty although it can't be too bad as all of the restaurants, cafes and bars in Calgary and Edmonton seem to be doing well. It's definitely a lot tamer than it was until later 2014 which in some ways isn't such a bad thing.

I just checked indeed, about 9k jobs in total in Calgary compared to 60k in Toronto lol but thanks for the answer

How Liberal/SFWish the local crowd is in Calgary? Probably one of the least ones in bigger Canadian cities.

The best areas of Calgary are also the most liberal: Beltline, Kensington, Mission. Mission being the most conservative of the three simply because it is more expensive and has more families/stability. Kensington the most because of students and alternative types.

These types of people do excel at making me coffee and bringing me plates of food, so it works out rather well.

Sunalta, though a nice area, seems to have more young family NDP supporter types, which was a shame.

I also enjoyed Eau Claire, but I don't know much about the people who live there. There are some very high end condos.

Compared to the rest of Canada, Calgary is awesome. The only downside is winter, and they probably have the 2nd easiest winter of all major cities anyway.

There is a high degree of respect for working hard and having ambition in Calgary, yet the customer service remains comparably high (to the rest of the country). Unless you are super industry specific, you can easily just associate with politically neutral / right leaning types and still not limiting your options.

If you live in the areas I described above, you don't even need a car. It's a very walkable city if you stick to those areas and just rent when you want to head to the mountains or the okanagan.