rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Investment banker sends horribly beta post-first date email

Ouch, this is painful.

Just one snippet:

"I suggest that we continue to go out and see what happens. Needless to say, I find you less appealing now (given that you haven't returned my messages) than I did at our first date. However, I would be willing to go out with you again. I'm open minded and flexible and am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. I wish you would give me the benefit of the doubt too. If you don't want to go out again, in my opinion, you would be making a big mistake, perhaps one of the biggest mistakes in your life. If you don't want to go out again, then you should have called to tell me so. Even sending a text message would have been better than nothing. In my opinion, not responding to my messages is impolite, immature, passive aggressive, and cowardly."

Sounds like hes talking to a client rather than a woman he wants to bang. SAD.

Quote:Quote:

Things that happened during our date include, but are not limited to, the following:

You played with your hair a lot. A woman playing with her hair is a common sign of flirtation. You can even do a google search on it. When a woman plays with her hair, she is preening. I've never had a date where a woman played with her hair as much as you did. In addition, it didn't look like you were playing with your hair out of nervousness.

We had lots of eye contact during our date. On a per-minute basis, I've never had as much eye contact during a date as I did with you.

Oh my God, I can't even read all of it. When a chick I've been out with doesn't return any calls/emails, I give her one small chance to redeem herself, and that's that. If she comes back, she better damn well have a good reason, and be sorry about it.

Seems like a fairly level headed reasonable guy.

Still a beta however.

Investment bankers have no Game. A girl recently told me that she doesn't like to mess with banker and lawyer types because they are almost always big dorks. She said they take her out to expensive restaurants and she wants to kill herself after an hour because they are so boring and stupid when it comes to seduction and romance. She calls it the rich nerd club. I'm sure there are exceptions.

And I bet the girls don't even have sex with them after they've spent all of that money.

Quote: (12-07-2011 12:28 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Things that happened during our date include, but are not limited to, the following:

You played with your hair a lot. A woman playing with her hair is a common sign of flirtation. You can even do a google search on it. When a woman plays with her hair, she is preening. I've never had a date where a woman played with her hair as much as you did. In addition, it didn't look like you were playing with your hair out of nervousness.

We had lots of eye contact during our date. On a per-minute basis, I've never had as much eye contact during a date as I did with you.

The banker is a douch! Everyone knows that if a girl plays with her hair she is keen........[Image: tard.gif]

Layercake

"You're born, you take shit. You get out in the world, you take more shit. You climb a little higher, you take less shit. Till one day you're up in the rarefied atmosphere and you've forgotten what shit even looks like. Welcome to the layer cake son."

My Facebook Profile

The guy sounds like Spock. Classic Aspergers.

This has to be fake.

No one likes to be disected that way, then have those observations spit back at them. It would make even the most secure person incredibly self-conscious. And the formal geek-speak is also off-putting. Just like we can't stand vapid chicks, he comes off as the male equivalent. "I'm a catch because I have this, and I do that for a living and took you to a nice restaurant." Even if that's the reason she's with you, she doesn't want it spit back in her face that way. It's weird...he comes off both calm and detached, AND needy all at the same time.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

If this was a girl sending it to a guy, gawker would shit on the guy so hard

Nerdy beta guy. Investment manager and investment banker arw not the same, just saying.

I'd hardly call a guy that manages his family's money an investment banker...

I also find his self proclaimed status as a writer dubious after reading that email.

Major fail of the Jumbotron Test. Kind of reminds me of this. Listen to the whole thing, picks up nicely at the end:

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Maybe a feminist made this shit up and put it in the public domain as yet another way to make men look bad.

Quote: (12-07-2011 03:40 PM)Mikev75 Wrote:  

The guy sounds like Spock. Classic Aspergers.

EXACTLY!!

Aspergers was the FIRST thing I thought as well. The first giveaway for me was him giving a list of her non-verbal behaviors that are cues for interest. It is obvious that this guy cannot read people's non-verbal behavior on his own, and thus had to "learn" how to look for cues. I can almost see him counting the seconds in his head for how long she is staring at him, or counting how many times she twirls her hair.

Yep, Aspergers. Someone should put this guy's email in a psych textbook somewhere.

He's most likely an economist:

Why am I writing you? Well, hopefully, we will go out again. Even if we don’t, I gain utility from expressing my thoughts to you.

As I said, I go to the NY Philharmonic often. You’re very busy. It would be very convenient for you to date me because we have the same interests. We already go to classical music performances by ourselves. If we go to classical music performances together, it wouldn’t take any significant additional time on your part.

I feel sorry for the guy.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Hold on a moment I see lots of unfair criticism of this guy. With the exception of Greek girls, no girl will call you or make those moves. so how is it ok to criticize a man for sending any kind of message when women never do anything. I guarantee you that if the shoe was on the other foot women would have just as many weird and creepy and beta calls as men.

The only "wrong" thing the guy did was try to speak to the female like a rationale minded individual - which as we know doesn't work in a society that brainwashes poor women into believing they all deserves a 9.5 handsome rich prince. Problem is most princes are not even attractive enough to meet the average western women's standard.

Quote: (12-07-2011 08:21 PM)misterstir Wrote:  

Hold on a moment I see lots of unfair criticism of this guy. With the exception of Greek girls, no girl will call you or make those moves. so how is it ok to criticize a man for sending any kind of message when women never do anything. I guarantee you that if the shoe was on the other foot women would have just as many weird and creepy and beta calls as men.

The only "wrong" thing the guy did was try to speak to the female like a rationale minded individual - which as we know doesn't work in a society that brainwashes poor women into believing they all deserves a 9.5 handsome rich prince. Problem is most princes are not even attractive enough to meet the average western women's standard.

So, in your opinion, it's the woman's fault that he's not getting a 2nd date?

This reads like the "don't burn your bridges" rant email I got from my boss when I quit after two weeks because I found another job that paid 20k more.

But yeah, I'd guess it's assburgers.

Yup. If she said yes, there would have been a 2nd date. Women do nothing or play defense in the dating arena, they play hard to get. How can you blame someone (banker guy) for taking a shot from centre ice when the other person (women) NEVER shoots.

Quote: (12-07-2011 10:01 PM)misterstir Wrote:  

Yup. If she said yes, there would have been a 2nd date. Women do nothing or play defense in the dating arena, they play hard to get. How can you blame someone (banker guy) for taking a shot from centre ice when the other person (women) NEVER shoots.

I understand what you're saying--it's up to the guy to make the move. But come on... a 16,000 word email to a girl you went on ONE date with, teetering between analytic criticism and begging for a second shot? Not to mention he was oblivious to semi-obvious signs of disinterest: "It was nice meeting you" at the end of the date, not responding to texts...

This e-mail rings so true on so many levels. As someone who attended a B-School that puts a lot of folks into I-Banks, the general consensus among those guys is that they will just throw money at the problem. They fail to realize that hot chicks don't want to settle until their biological clock starts the ugly accelerator. Too bad for this guy that his one free night that week was spent with some skeezer who likely got a meal she could never provide for herself on his nickel and went un-appreciated... not even "no thanks" on the second date.

Quote: (12-07-2011 08:21 PM)misterstir Wrote:  

With the exception of Greek girls, no girl will call you or make those moves.

??????????