rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Everything plus Volunteer work?

Ok so i know im a noob to this fourm but since i have found it i have been studying it like im about to be quized on it. Heres my thing, i just got out of a 8 year LTR an i have money saved up an time an im looking to travel pretty much all year next year. South america is my has been my number one place, i kept hearing all this shit about being kidnapped an blah blah, i Decided my first stop to be Lima Peru, seems fairly safe, i can work on my espanol, plus i met some bad chicks from Latinamericancupid.com more then willing to show me around.

Has anyone ever done volunteer work abroad? they set you up in a house with a faimly that cooks you 3 meals a day an you only work about 20 hours a week the rest of the time you do as you please. Plus when i tell girls from the Latinamericancupid i am going to south america to do volunteer work they eat it up!! Granted you wouldnt really have a place to shag you would have to get a room or something but i really see that as being the only down fall.

Ive never been out of the country, i lost my game by not hollering at girls for like 8 years (i used be so fearless) my schedule is pretty open i can go where ever an do what ever.. any tips advice would be swell. I also wanna take up surfing...

I also have contacts (guy friends i can stay with) in the following
China
Tiawan
Hawaii
sort of Australia

ps i know you kids like contribution, i have no overseas pimpin to contribute but heres a few pics of my ex

well shit i cant post pics till i have ten post

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Don't pay to volunteer, loads of these volunteer and gap year websites out there charging thousands of $/£s a month. Use websites like workaway.info, helpx and wooffing. All provide free volunteering in exchange for food and board, typically you might do 4hrs work a day, you'll get fed, have somewhere to sleep and have a laugh.

I think volunteering must be a great experience

Use the search function and then bump up relevant threads: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-4473.html

Quote: (12-06-2011 05:40 PM)mofo Wrote:  

I think volunteering must be a cool experience but I personally feel that it is not for us. There are better ways to spend your time.

Personal choice really.

Quote: (12-07-2011 02:07 PM)KingofScotland Wrote:  

I think volunteering must be a cool experience but I personally feel that it is not for us. There are better ways to spend your time.

Personal choice really.

Obviously, as is everything in life.

not for whom? volunteering is one of the best, most rewarding ways to spend your time and has made me a better man.

guys on here have more depth than just chasing pussy so speak for yourself.

plus volunteering is one of the best ways to meet women and it's a great thing to have on your resume for work and when you get into social conversations. women give me the "fuck me" eyes when I talk about my volunteering experiences.

OP: I wouldn't pay to volunteer unless that money is going towards food and lodging. If that's the case though, you could probably get better food/lodging if you just pay for it yourself. Do a little research on living expenses and compare that to what they are asking at the organization.

Most volunteering opps in latin america are gonna be more in central america because that area is really struggling. Don't listen to idiots talking about getting kidnapped. You may want to look up NGO's and pick a project that is really targeted to your interests. There are a ton of NGO's around the world doing really cool things and you'll make some great connections working with more passionate people.

Thanks Iceinthewater thats kind of the response i was looking for. Smashing hotties is by far my fav thing to do but i also think id feel pretty good about myself volunteering an helping some less fortunate kids who got delt a bad hand in life (the volunteer program im looking at is working at a orphange) The prgram is $180 bucks a week for a room in someones house an 3 meals a day... seems pretty fair to me.

Also i feel i know what you are saying about girls eating up the volunteer thing, when i tell these girls on latinamericancupid i will be doing volunteer work there they are all over me like a hobo on a ham sandwhich

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote: (12-07-2011 05:44 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Thanks Iceinthewater thats kind of the response i was looking for. Smashing hotties is by far my fav thing to do but i also think id feel pretty good about myself volunteering an helping some less fortunate kids who got delt a bad hand in life (the volunteer program im looking at is working at a orphange) The prgram is $180 bucks a week for a room in someones house an 3 meals a day... seems pretty fair to me.

Also i feel i know what you are saying about girls eating up the volunteer thing, when i tell these girls on latinamericancupid i will be doing volunteer work there they are all over me like a hobo on a ham sandwhich

no prob man +1 me!

180 is not bad if you're getting 3 meals. I mean not only is that food, but they are MAKING that food for you and it's home cooked so thats a pretty decent situation. You can probably find cheaper lodging though.

Working with kids is AWESOME. kids are hilarious and it's super rewarding to see their self-esteem grow from your help. I volunteered in the marcy projects and I get choked up just about every time I talk about it because it was such a powerful experience.

if you think about it, an orphanage is pretty much the saddest place - where there is the most need. the only worse thing I can think of is maybe under age sex slaves or some fucked up shit like that.

where are you looking at? there are orphanages everywhere in latin america.

Im looking at Lima Peru for the first stop. Id like to then go to Santa Marta or Cartagena Colombia.... im tryint to find places that are located in beach towns so i can hit up the beach in my off time.

From this post a memeber from here emailed me about another organization doing volunteer work with kids an said its just a flat fee of $400 an that includes room an board an food an such. Plus you get roomed in a aptartment with like 10 or 12 other volunteers... he said he was in a apartment with one other guy an 12 girls... i like the sound of that ha

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

Wow... what a trip down memory lane. An my first overseas trip went nothing like I originally thought it would.

I have been giving back a little here and a little there during my travels. Usually buying food and drinks for street kids. I have really upped my giving here in the Phils recently. Just today I bought three street kids cupcakes and waters... and I had to fight back the tears when handing the food to these kids. It felt like the most important thing I have done all year... I live a very selfish life. I felt more emotion in helping those kids then I have in any of the girls I have banged around the world this year. Hell I banged a virgin last night.. and its just meh.

A few days ago I spent like $75 bucks and bought a bunch of toys and coloring books and crayons then separated everything into little bag to give to street kids for Christmas. I'm seriously thinking of changing my life...

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard

Quote: (12-21-2015 11:18 PM)Cr33pin Wrote:  

Wow... what a trip down memory lane. An my first overseas trip went nothing like I originally thought it would.

I have been giving back a little here and a little there during my travels. Usually buying food and drinks for street kids.

The guy might be mean-looking but he has a BIG heart

I smell a story here. Tell us more about the things that have not gone as planned....only the juicy parts though.

I will buy you a beer or whatever when our roads cross somewhere in the world!