rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leon Nicaragua Data Sheet

Leon Nicaragua

I was told this was the party capital of Nica. Lots of places to go out at night. In general I was very underwhelmed by the girls in Nica. Honestly there just arent a lot of good looking people in that country. That said if you want to hook up with backpackers or study abroad students Leon is the place for that. There are a lot of Norwegians studying Spanish at the university and they are pretty much out every night. Ive been to Scandi a few times and I dont think Norwegians are the easiest girls out there, but due to the university and a complete lack of good looking local guys I was getting approached a couple times a night by 6's and the odd 7. The Nica girls were also very receptive but I honestly saw like 10 attractive ones the whole time I was there.

La Calabiza was the bar with the best ratio of good looking girls as it seemed to be the favorite bar of the Norwegians.

Via Via is a hostel and the bar is packed with european and american backpackers and students, probably the easiest place in Nica to pick off a pretty good looking westerner, if thats what your looking for.

As far as places to stay, I made a mistake and stayed in a hostel. I stayed at Lazy Bones which is fine enough for like 20 a night but definitely no cute girls or anything happening at night. My suggestion would be to rent a house down there, there are tons of vacation homes people are renting in Leon and Granada that are amazing places and are super cheap. I got a giant 3 bedroom spanish colonial house in Granada with a huge pool and pool table massive kitchen in the middle of the city for like 80 a night. I used VRBO or Homeaway i cant remember but there are tons of good cheap options and it also helps with upping your status with the locals, though that might be unnecessary as everyone I met there seemed like they would be ok with me fucking them in a dumpster.

As far as food goes I was even less impressed than I was with the local women. I cant recommend a single restaurant in that city, honestly it was all pretty bad. I would say go to the market and eat some Indio Viejo (Nica stew with shredded meat and onions) or Vigoron (pork skin with yucca and cabbage) Maybe someone else can go there and find a good restaurant but I went like 0 for 10. The upside is the drinks there are pretty top notch. Tona is a really good beer and even in restaurants its almost never more than a dollar. Flor de Cana is one of the best Rums in the world and is dirt cheap. Id reach for the bottle of 15 year aged, and you'll feel better in the morning.

All and all Leon is fun to party in, but a babe capital it is not. Maybe a good place to go for someone wanting to cheaply grab his Norwegian flag or for someone wanting to get a lot of sub-par latin pussy cheaply and easily. Lots of beautiful jungle and mountains around and it really is a great place for hikers history buffs or alcoholics. I was gonna do data sheets for all the cities i stayed in Nica but those will have to wait as I have to get back to work.

Nice data sheet, I'm planning on going there this winter. Did you hit up the Caribbean coast at all, Bluefields or the Corn Islands?

Too bad to hear about the shitty food and sub-par local women but as an avid hiker, history buff and alcoholic, I"m sure I"ll have fun there!

only ONE bar to roll to?

no clubs?

no strip clubs?

Very interesting Htown. Great to know that I can fly from Miami to Nicaragua for a weekend to get my Norwegian flag instead of flying all the way to Oslo and paying 10x more in flights/lodging/food.

Let me ask you, how was safety in Nica? I hear that street gangs stretching from Honduras up north, especially MS-13 pretty much dominate the city.

I have the advantage that I am Hispanic and do not look anything like a foreigner, and speak Fluent Spanish, but did you feel corruption or bullshit at airports, hotels, taxis and the like?

Mixx

Very good insights. I believe I could somehow second the information, as I stayed in the nearby town of Granada earlier this year.

Girls are indeed not hot at all on average. I guess only about 3% were attractive for me and would make my head turn. I was surprised to see this lack of female talent also in the local high-society. Went to a high-end party at a private beach and it didn't really get any better there. Having said that, two Swedish chicks were pretty easy to approach in town (far from home, tropical climate, vacation atmosphere, little competition). True, nordic opportunities arise if you know where to go. The same applies to chubby western backpackers, but that's not what I would go for, generally speaking.

Overall, food in restaurants really sucks, with perhaps one rather mediocre exception in Granada. I had to invest in my own logistics and managed through a contact in the port of San Juan del Sur a very affordable supply of lobster, shrimps, octopus and an excellent fish called "pez lora". To negotiate a nice historical colonial house for your stay is indeed the better option IMO.

Cigars are excellent, in fact some of the best cigars are hand-made in Nicaragua. Yes, the inexpensive Flor de Caña (reserva and centenario) has great therapeutic value and can be ordered just about anywhere. The local "Castillo del Cacao" chocolate is also top-notch, as are the Momotombo truffels, great choices if you want to give a present to some chick back home and smooth your way in.

Some sights are truly great, the country is gifted nature wise plus there are great beaches too. I would especially recommend the island of Ometepe, in the middle of the great lake. Unfortunately, I didn't go to the Caribbean so can't comment on that.

Didn't feel any danger or corruption. Taxis will try to cheat but if you have some information about the local tariffs and speak Spanish you'll manage to find an OK driver and agree the price in advance. Moreover, the nicer cities (Leon, Granada etc) are pretty much walkable, so you won't have to go through this hassle too often. Overall public transportation sucks, old, sweaty, crowded buses besides noisy/smoky/slow indian tuk tuks... Get introduced to decent cab drivers and negotiate your domestic travel with them, totally worth it if you can afford paying a bit more (still, nothing compared to Western prices).

Finally, I would suggest avoiding the capital Managua. Didn't stay there very long but I got the impression it's more like a dump stretching in all directions without a real city center plus lots of beggars around. Perhaps someone could provide more info here. Anyway, I believe the nordic chicks and female travellers are more likely to be found in the nicer touristic towns, not there.

Quote: (11-23-2011 10:08 AM)Locksmith Wrote:  

Very good insights. I believe I could somehow second the information, as I stayed in the nearby town of Granada earlier this year.

Bust out a data sheet please!! [Image: smile.gif]

Mixx

Quote: (11-23-2011 10:13 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (11-23-2011 10:08 AM)Locksmith Wrote:  

Bust out a data sheet please!! [Image: smile.gif]

Mixx

OK, gotta go now. But I'll send more info as soon as I can.

Quote:Quote:

Nice data sheet, I'm planning on going there this winter. Did you hit up the Caribbean coast at all, Bluefields or the Corn Islands?

Too bad to hear about the shitty food and sub-par local women but as an avid hiker, history buff and alcoholic, I"m sure I"ll have fun there!

I didn't make it to the Caribbean side, I hear its completely different. I wanted to go to the Corn Islands I just didn't end up having enough time. I heard they are much more similar to other Caribbean islands than to the Nica mainland. I look forward to hearing if thats true. They even speak some kind of english/creole thing over there. I would only imagine you'll have a better food situation there, dont know about the girls though. Ya man if you like drinking history and hiking you'll have a blast no matter what.

Let me ask you, how was safety in Nica? I hear that street gangs stretching from Honduras up north, especially MS-13 pretty much dominate the city.

I have the advantage that I am Hispanic and do not look anything like a foreigner, and speak Fluent Spanish, but did you feel corruption or bullshit at airports, hotels, taxis and the like?

In general I felt really safe everywhere but Managua. I second Locksmith about avoiding it as much as you can, its a sprawling shithole and the locals think so too. In Granada, Leon, Ometepe, and San Juan Del Sur i walked the streets alone or with a girl at 3 in the morning most nights and felt fine. Some locals told me the taxis in Managua are run by the local gangs, im not sure if thats true but one of them tried to charge me $30 for a 4 block cab ride. I threw a five at him and got out of the cab, he acted like he was gonna get out and stop me but then he just drove off. You should be fine everywhere but Managua and being Hispanic and speaking fluent Spanish will probably ensure you get local prices which I didn't start getting till I hooked up with a local guide. Ironically though MS-13 now supposedly has a huge presence in my home town of Houston.

Other Nica datasheets are on the way.

Only one bar?

No dance / night clubs?

No strip clubs?

I thought Nicaragua was a lot cheaper than 20 bucks a night.

Currently in Leon. Hoping for a local flag. I've seen a few beauties already ^^

Quote: (09-18-2012 07:36 PM)freshcream Wrote:  

Currently in Leon. Hoping for a local flag. I've seen a few beauties already ^^

How long are you staying in Nicaragua?

Met FreshCream two nights ago for the first time. We are both currently in Cabarete, Dominican Republic.

We talked a lot about Nicaragua. Mainly the city of Leon, where he had been living. Funny thing is that tonight at my hostel I met a swedish chick that loves that town too and is going back there.

Anyhow, I asked him quite in depth questions about the quality of life and also quality of girls. He felt that the quality of the girls is underrated. He didn't feel that it is difficult to find attractive girls to approach. But he also admitted that he met his hotty through social circle. Anyhow, I'm not focused on dimes. I just want a place with good quality of life and availability of friendly, attractive women.

It also sounds like housing is very cheap. Leon may very well be my next spot.

I can post what I wrote on this thread 1000 dollars retirement

quick sheet on Leon.

It's a small city with a lot of bars/restaurants/clubs. That's what I loved about it. My favorite spots all over the world are places where you can eat, drink, fuck, live and WALK between it all.

I had a social circle, who knew some locals. And that gang grew day by day. But all the hostels have cool stuff going on, so if you come alone you'll get some buds soon.

There's a lot of girls in this town. There's two universitites that I know of. I had a friend that went to a uni party, and he said there was mostly girls. And they all wanted to dance with him. Kinda like the castle scene in The Holy Grail ^^ All I know, there's was a lot of girls. And they like you. All of the guys who didn't look like a turd had girls.

The local and foreign girls are all DTF. The local girls aren't as pretty as in the DR, Argentina and Brazil. But, in my eyes you'll get it as easy as in the DR. And it's way cheaper. And safer. And did I say cheaper? I stayed in a CREAM spot for 300USD a month. Cable tv, wifi, cleaning lady EVERY DAY. Logistics like a dream. Damn I miss that place. Doorman who allowed guest. Super pretty garden. I layed in bed watching the champions league, gotta love it.

The beach is close by, with some cool spots to drink and have fun. The bus goes all day. The surf was excellent for a newbie like me. I met purple urkel there, awesome guy ^^. He went surfing a lot.

There's a little hidden gem there called Surfing Turtle. They're on facebook as well. I rented a cheap cabana with my girl and woke up to the sunrise over the ocean every day.

In sum, I'm going back. Nicaragua is for me one of the last hidden gems. But hurry, people are coming fast.

As I've said. It took me a week to reel in the prettiest girl there. So I stopped, and focused on having a good time and learning spanish. Had I gone for more girls I would have lost her, and had to go back to less quality. But hey, my buds man.. they tore it up. Lots of flags, which they now say and care about because of me

I cannot recommend that spot enough. There's just so many cool things to do and see. And everything is close.

I have one more year to travel. I'm not doing South America, I'm doing Nica-Costa-Panama. Maybe some Mexico as well.

Also, the taxi is 1 buck wherever you're going inside the city. I took a lot of cab.

Any questions? Shoot!

Freshcream, from what you saw, is the beach area around Leon built up and developed and have decent infrastructure?

Any non-backpacker types thinking about a Nicaragua trip? I plan on going for 3-4 weeks in May to look for land and see if I can tolerate living there year-round. Here's a place in Granada I will probably stay at for 4-6 days. http://www.vrbo.com/442074 The rest of the time I want to be near the beach around San Juan del Sur and maybe Leon (freshcream)?

I met this Nicuaraguan girl at the airport in Stockholm.
Serious IOI's and somehow we ended up going through security at the same time a while later.

Let me tell you, she was top three of beutiful women ive seen in my entire life.
Brown long hair, Tall, ridiculous hip to waist ratio, tanned skinn, yellowish eyes, showing her slim belly.

I opened her, her english was not good, but attraction was there I could tell. Mostly because of me looking exotic to her as she did to me I guess.

Anyway she was going to Germany, I was going to Prague and due to language misscomunication, me being rather taken away by her beauty I did not close her. We were both going to our flights at that very moment aswell..

She made me consider an entire continent that Ive written off as too dangerous and me being rather close to Kiev, Belgrade, Minsk etc.

•Nicuaragua, I have never heard it having that kind of high quality girls.. only the likes of Argentina(But to hard to bang), Brazil(Dangerous and expencive), Venezuela(Common now..), Colombia is the one that has the perfect combination from what ive read only being dangerous as is biggest drawback..

Slight rant, hopefully we can take something from it and spark a discution.

//DjH