rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Favorite users from rvf's past

Let's all write users we liked the most, so may we learn about new users with interesting perspective
I will start with Giovonny, so far in my reading of this archive, can't not like his general positive mood, coupled with what is mostly practical advice available for use to everyone, and what he did could only be an inspiration to many, great guy for sure
Thoughts?
Edit: gotta add Lizard of Oz, though I think he was kinda extreme in some views, he had vast amount of great health advice, and his 1 year drinking wagon is one of the best threads I have read, real tragedy much of it was lost in archive proces, but still even those starting pages with people just starting to take on the challenge and failing, then fast forward because of lost files to couple years in wagon already for most of them, leaves a lasting impression, made some users go through with one of the best decisions in their lives, kudos to him

Greek Kamaki was the most entertaining user.

(02-07-2024, 09:19 PM)Duff55 Wrote:  Giovonny, can't not like his general positive mood, ... an inspiration ... .

With anybody (including Giovanny) there is the "unreliable narrator" problem.  The classic case is the protagonist Humbert Humbert who claimed that Lolita seduced him.  The forum had many cases of this.  For years, Roosh mentioned his failures, but only to illustrate his resolve and strength of character.  Eventually he admitted that many dates were drunk or "below his standards", and that he resorted to alcohol and drugs to numb the tedium of endless night game.

MiXX got warned and had stories of pay for play deleted, but still managed to lead the forum in reputation points.  The G Manifesto was another fictional character.

An off-forum example is Addy A-Game, who went to jail for harrassing women.  https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasg...l-18957379
He ultimately won his appeal, and should not have served any jail time.  I don't like to blame the victim.  But how terrible are Addy A-Game's social skills to provoke this outcome?

Greek Kamaki admitted that he eventually resorted to prostitutes, but claims that he formerly just gave girls "gifts".  Nevertheless, he managed to cockblock Roosh by offending a girl.

Vorkuta (The Fantasist) won his rape trial, but only because the victim was to drunk to identify him.  His story is fiction.  Similarly, one of his travel stories involved picking up a young hitchhikers and paying a pittance for sex.  Was he just cruising for prostitutes?  Was there coercion?  Something was amiss.

Other posters reported instant success in third world countries, with no pipelining and no language skills.  They were obviously doing P4P.  Another example is Caleb "Blackdragon" Jones, who eventually admitted that he was paying his young "friends with benefits".

Giovanni's contribution was his attitude.  He was an athlete and maintained good shape.  I think he career was sports-related, e.g., coaching.  He was approaching a lot of young women.  I get the impression Gio focused on shy, introverted, socially isolated women.   He never reported any lasting relationships. He might be a weird loner in real life.

Let me put a positive spin on Giovanni.  Many young guys go into college debt for jobs they hate.  They spend money they don't have to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't even like.  The end up working late in a cubicle in an office park, getting fat and out-of-shape, and meeting few women.

Giovanni chose to keep in shape and do what he loves.  You don't need to pay for a fancy gym, especially if you have one at work.  He probably lived cheap, because he did not need to spend money on an expensive rent or commute.  His hobbies were cheap sports and activities.  He just spent time approaching women efficiently.  El Mechanico reported a similar approach.

Other men develop an online system.  Some travel to third world hotspots, and return without thirst.  They feel no need to chase fat, picky, American women.  They have experienced success, and have an attractive attitude.  That is key:  You must experience success, and develop a time-efficient system that works for you.

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasg...l-18957379

(02-11-2024, 07:20 PM)Archivist Wrote:  
(02-07-2024, 09:19 PM)Duff55 Wrote:  Giovonny, can't not like his general positive mood, ... an inspiration ... .

With anybody (including Giovanny) there is the "unreliable narrator" problem.  The classic case is the protagonist Humbert Humbert who claimed that Lolita seduced him.  The forum had many cases of this.  For years, Roosh mentioned his failures, but only to illustrate his resolve and strength of character.  Eventually he admitted that many dates were drunk or "below his standards", and that he resorted to alcohol and drugs to numb the tedium of endless night game.

MiXX got warned and had stories of pay for play deleted, but still managed to lead the forum in reputation points.  The G Manifesto was another fictional character.

An off-forum example is Addy A-Game, who went to jail for harrassing women.  https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/news/glasg...l-18957379
He ultimately won his appeal, and should not have served any jail time.  I don't like to blame the victim.  But how terrible are Addy A-Game's social skills to provoke this outcome?

Greek Kamaki admitted that he eventually resorted to prostitutes, but claims that he formerly just gave girls "gifts".  Nevertheless, he managed to cockblock Roosh by offending a girl.

Vorkuta (The Fantasist) won his rape trial, but only because the victim was to drunk to identify him.  His story is fiction.  Similarly, one of his travel stories involved picking up a young hitchhikers and paying a pittance for sex.  Was he just cruising for prostitutes?  Was there coercion?  Something was amiss.

Other posters reported instant success in third world countries, with no pipelining and no language skills.  They were obviously doing P4P.  Another example is Caleb "Blackdragon" Jones, who eventually admitted that he was paying his young "friends with benefits".

Giovanni's contribution was his attitude.  He was an athlete and maintained good shape.  I think he career was sports-related, e.g., coaching.  He was approaching a lot of young women.  I get the impression Gio focused on shy, introverted, socially isolated women.   He never reported any lasting relationships. He might be a weird loner in real life.

Let me put a positive spin on Giovanni.  Many young guys go into college debt for jobs they hate.  They spend money they don't have to buy things they don't need to impress people they don't even like.  The end up working late in a cubicle in an office park, getting fat and out-of-shape, and meeting few women.

Giovanni chose to keep in shape and do what he loves.  You don't need to pay for a fancy gym, especially if you have one at work.  He probably lived cheap, because he did not need to spend money on an expensive rent or commute.  His hobbies were cheap sports and activities.  He just spent time approaching women efficiently.  El Mechanico reported a similar approach.

Other men develop an online system.  Some travel to third world hotspots, and return without thirst.  They feel no need to chase fat, picky, American women.  They have experienced success, and have an attractive attitude.  That is key:  You must experience success, and develop a time-efficient system that works for you.

Thanks for thoughtful response, I agree with your premise, but I dont think some high level dissect of former users is needed, they might not have lived what they wrote, some not even close and thats fair, they should have no voice, but I think for some solid high rep or quality users who actually didnt fall out of their congruency too much, they lived and believed enough of it, Giovonny did exactly as you said it urself he didnt let himself become what he didnt want to, and led a very strange and unusal lifestyle, we can call it weird, but I am not sure what that word means around a place like this, gmanifesto as sure as fictional as he was still spoke of things that are still out there, even tho I see his apparent high self image towards others in pair with no real substance behind him makes it pretty damn pathetic, but even the expose he got by flying with economic class and etc, he still was somewhere and did something, and for sure said something of realness after all, may it be only bits of custom suits and pocket squares

I find nowadays when listing the archive more interested towards users with short term come by, who talked about some specific topics they had insight into and left some valuable info, which I think probably is the problem of many long term users, they started talking too much about things they knew too little

Btw, did you use to be one of the more active members as well, or were rather inactive or lurking during forum prime time? Anyways nice speaking to people that have been around for long

(02-11-2024, 07:20 PM)Archivist Wrote:  

Bojangles was pretty interesting, I wonder where he is now, how he is doing and what he is doing now. Maybe he has gotten tired of the game? Who knows, if anybody has contact with him that would be great. I'm still trying to figure out where everybody went after the forum died