rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Worst homeless Portland Salt lake City or Denver?

I'm considering moving to these three cities but I'm not sure as to which has the worst homeless problem as I'm planning on doing vanlife for 5 years and I don't want to have to deal with too many drug addicts and car break-ins? Which of these cities would be ideal for a young single black guy to live in? Who has the worst homeless situation?

I was just in Portland. A slew of homeless and a human shit problem also. But the upside is they didn’t really bug me. And the nightlife is cool aside from the very average women. So maybe not cool.

Don't you already have a thread on these cities?

Haven't been to Portland since I was little, but I've heard it's getting bad.

I've heard great things about Salt Lake City. As in spotless streets, they clean the gum off the sidewalks, etc.

I live around Denver. Avoid a few shitty parts downtown and the city is great. The homeless stick to a small area near the main mission center off 22nd St. I don't see any in my day-to-day with the exception of highway off ramps.

And what is vanlife? You're going to live in a van for 5 years?

All the big west coast along the coast cities have big homeless problems. Portland has always had a street kids problem.

If I had to rank how bad they are:

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. LA
4. Portland
5. San Diego

Homeless are way more aggressive in SF and Seattle.

If you are any kind of republican, they will probably torch your van. They do have a big problem with White Guilt though, so you may be ok.

I mean you are going to live out of a van for 5 years? I don't know how that will work in Portland to be honest. You are much better off going to Bend, OR or something.

Which city has the best fentanyl? Asking for a friend

Quote: (05-08-2019 10:51 PM)Drazen Wrote:  

All the big west coast along the coast cities have big homeless problems. Portland has always had a street kids problem.

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. LA
4. Portland
5. San Diego

What the hell is going on in those West Coast cities?

Make our guns illegal and we'll call them "undocumented"

Quote: (05-09-2019 12:51 AM)2 Cool 4 U Wrote:  

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. LA
4. Portland
5. San Diego

The climate (warm enough to not die in the winter) combined with Libtard government policies that encourage drug addiction and degeneracy are attractive to society’s guttersnipes and scutbags. If you build it, they will come.

How about you do a write up on your van? Sounds kind of interesting. Are you going to go with the sprinter? Or the ford transit and put in a Quigley 4x4?

Looking at the vanlife website, they are based in Denver and their picture on the homepage has a van with Oregon plates. The van gods are telling you something- Salt Lake City is not in your future. Stick to Denver and Portland. And if you don’t like it, you can always drive somewhere else!

“Vanlife Customs builds one of a kind camper vans to fit a variety of lifestyles. Whether you're a mountain biker, climber, hiker, digital nomad, full-time traveler or weekend warrior; we will build a van that is right for you. Born in a backyard, and based in Denver, Colorado, we want to make your #vanlife a reality”.
https://vanlifecustoms.com/vans

I vote Portland. The vegan chicks with pale skin will dig a black man living the van life. Portland has that minimalist / tiny house / sustainability thing going for it. Plus you can see a lot more- take a weekend and head to the coast and walk the sand dunes. Next weekend head up the Columbia gorge and go for some hikes. Head to Pendleton for the Roundup in the fall and bang some cute cowgirls in the van. In the winter time head to Mt Hood for some skiing. Drive down to Oregon or Oregon State for a football game. If you want to really get away from it all take a trip to the Alvord desert.

I wouldn’t be too worried about the bums unless you plan on camping near the Burnside bridge. Car break ins are pretty common even in some of the nicer areas, unfortunately. If you have a trump sticker be prepared for Antifa to burn your van. The area around 82nd is kind of sketchy.

People. Stop replying to OP. He is a troll who makes the same threads 100x or meetup threads for the same month for 20 different locations. Check his post history. No idea why this idiot isn’t banned yet.

Thanks you guys for the advice I'm doing a lot of research and I want to make the right decision in a place I want to live for the next 5 years. And no I'm not a troll you dummy I'm just a guy that likes to hear people's opinions don't act like a feminist. Let men be able to have open conversations about these things...smh

I know Portland is the mecca for social justice but I think if you're away from that bull crap then the politics thing it's not a big issue. I enjoy hiking and skiing so I am leaning towards Portland but I wanted to give Salt lake City a try since it has more conservative women. and I didn't know if Salt lake City had a homeless problem as well

What? Kinggray123 was banned? I was waiting for his dissertation on homeless van-life game.

Such knowledge will come in handy after AOC is elected President -- and the U.S. turns into the next Venezuela.

Where at around Denver Wi30? I live out there also. As far as homeless I would say Civic Center, 7th and Santa fe/Kallamath around the art district, Washington and I70 by the Platte River but I agree, they don't really bother you.

This thread reminds me of one of the best Saturday Night Live skits ever made, with Chris Farley, David Spade, Christina Applegate, Phil Hartman, and Julia Sweeney.

Quote: (05-09-2019 01:28 AM)scotian Wrote:  

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. LA
4. Portland
5. San Diego

The climate (warm enough to not die in the winter) combined with Libtard government policies that encourage drug addiction and degeneracy are attractive to society’s guttersnipes and scutbags. If you build it, they will come.

Seattle and Portland are overcast and rainy for most of the time.
San Francisco gets a little chilly and has occasional fog.
LA and San Diego are the only two cities with warm and sunny climate. I guess people would be homeless there than to freeze to death (in the midwest or northeast) or deal with the heat and humidity (in the south).

And isn't pot legalized in those states?

Make our guns illegal and we'll call them "undocumented"

Quote: (05-10-2019 06:38 PM)2 Cool 4 U Wrote:  

Quote: (05-09-2019 01:28 AM)scotian Wrote:  

1. SF
2. Seattle
3. LA
4. Portland
5. San Diego

Seattle and Portland are overcast and rainy for most of the time.
San Francisco gets a little chilly and has occasional fog.
LA and San Diego are the only two cities with warm and sunny climate. I guess people would be homeless there than to freeze to death (in the midwest or northeast) or deal with the heat and humidity (in the south).

And isn't pot legalized in those states?

Vancouver has the same climate as Seattle and is the homeless mecca of Canada, they house and feed junkies and literally give them free heroin which they consume at government paid safe injection sites. Yes they may get wet and a bit cold in the winter but it sure beats sleeping outside in Winnipeg when it’s -40 F/C.

Irrespective of whether it's a troll thread or not, the idea of "van life" is fascinating. Doing a three-six month road trip in a van (old school) is a pretty romantic idea until the reality of it all smacks you in the face. Would have loved a datasheet.

Quote: (05-11-2019 12:01 AM)Shaykh Moosa Wrote:  

Irrespective of whether it's a troll thread or not, the idea of "van life" is fascinating. Doing a three-six month road trip in a van (old school) is a pretty romantic idea until the reality of it all smacks you in the face. Would have loved a datasheet.

I know for a fact that a thread on the topic already exists. Use the search function.

the vanlife thing is a a very common thing nowadays. You can find plenty of information on it with a quick google search. A lot of professional (and non professional) rock climbers and mountain bikers do it. The point is so that you can drive around to different parks, camp wherever you can find a place, wake up and do whatever you want.

Quote: (05-11-2019 01:01 PM)travolta Wrote:  

the vanlife thing is a a very common thing nowadays. You can find plenty of information on it with a quick google search. A lot of professional (and non professional) rock climbers and mountain bikers do it. The point is so that you can drive around to different parks, camp wherever you can find a place, wake up and do whatever you want.

I just watched that film last week: "Free Solo"

Great flick. True life. Suspenseful.