rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The selfie death thread

The selfie death thread

She had previously uploaded a photo of her on the open edge of a skyscraper's glass platform, something I personally would never do because of the risk. The nature of social networking encourages you to get more "likes" than before, pushing you into dangerous behaviors.

Quote:Quote:

A 22-year-old student who fell 40 feet from Fordham University's clock tower early Sunday morning has died.

The school confirmed Sydney Paige Monfries, from Portland, Oregon, had died in a letter to students Sunday, just weeks before she was due to graduate.

School President Joseph McShane wrote: 'It is with great sadness that I report that Sydney Monfries, a senior at Fordham College at Rose Hill, died today after sustaining a fall inside the Keating Clock tower in the early hours of the morning.

'Our hearts go out to Sydney’s parents, and her family and friends—theirs is an unimaginable loss, and we share their grief.

'There are no words sufficient to describe the loss of someone so young and full of promise — and mere weeks from graduation. Fordham will confer a bachelor’s degree upon Sydney posthumously, which we will present to her parents at the appropriate time.'

The New York Police Department said Monfries went to the Keating Hall clock tower with her friends around 3am.

Police said the senior fell while trying to get a better view of the city's skyline.

A student named Anne told the New York Post: 'I think they were posting on Instagram when it happened.'

Sources say Monfries and her friends were climbing the spiral staircase when she tripped on a landing and fell 40 feet, striking her head on the ground.

According to the Post, the back of her head was smashed in and her vitals flat-lined at the scene.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...r-4am.html

[Image: attachment.jpg41622]   

[Image: attachment.jpg41623]   

The selfie death thread

Several questions come up. First, why are there no safety guards? Two, how did a bunch of teenagers get into the clock tower? Was there no security? I saw the threads on girls dying going into different parts of the world they do not belong. And this isn't the first I've heard of a young girl dying from doing overzealous things. You know, it use to be young men doing stupid things or just generally doing men work who were the ones dying at a higher rate, but after the sexual liberation movement, I believe we are seeing the increase of women doing that instead.

The selfie death thread

WB (Would've Banged)

"A happy man is a happy everybody else in his life."

"Ladies if you want to make your man happy, think about what makes you happy and do exactly the opposite."

"Hey how you doin' and I hope you know that I'm an upgrade for your stupid daughter." - Patrice O'Neal

The selfie death thread

Quote: (04-15-2019 11:49 AM)Manbeline Wrote:  

Several questions come up. First, why are there no safety guards? Two, how did a bunch of teenagers get into the clock tower? Was there no security?

I read on 4chan that the tower is usually locked and not manned by staff. If that's true, they trespassed to take photos.

The selfie death thread

What a waste. More people are trying to get the ultimate pic...and failing.

The selfie death thread

Sad story all around... part of me hears "trying to take pics for Instagram likes" and think god how stupid. However I'm then reminded of a time in my youth when I sat at the edge of a waterfall with my feet dangling over just for shits and giggles and to enjoy the view. Had I slipped that would have been the end of Uncle Cr33pin for sure. Really its just a unfortunate event that could have happened to any young soul.

May she rest in peace

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

The selfie death thread

Can't say I would care if the girl wasn't attractive. Kinda fucked up on my part though the fact that, like Roosh said, beautiful women are taking insane risks with themselves says a lot of the state of society.

The selfie death thread

^if she was unattractive it probably wouldn’t have even made the news...For better or worse that’s how we are wired. Attractive females fit for breeding are in the minority and thus valuable. One less bangable chick for the men competing for reproduction.

The selfie death thread

She did something that a man would more likely do. Women are turning into men.

Rico... Sauve....

The selfie death thread

Quote: (04-15-2019 11:53 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote: (04-15-2019 11:49 AM)Manbeline Wrote:  

Several questions come up. First, why are there no safety guards? Two, how did a bunch of teenagers get into the clock tower? Was there no security?

I read on 4chan that the tower is usually locked and not manned by staff. If that's true, they trespassed to take photos.
Darwin wins yet again. Another female lay lost.

The selfie death thread

Guess its just me, but I have no sympathy for her at all. Absolute stupidity to risk your life for something so pointless. Pretty selfish too, considering her family has to deal with the loss.

The selfie death thread

Quote: (04-15-2019 12:36 PM)Sherman Wrote:  

She did something that a man would more likely do. Women are turning into men.

Yep.

Young men do stupid things to prove their courage. Young women like this do stupid things to puff up their infinite vanity. They not only destroy their own selves, but the children and families that they might have given to the world.

The sooner that women are brought back under control the better.

The selfie death thread

Hopefully it brings her family some peace knowing that she died doing what she loved: getting her picture all over the internet so people can talk about how hot she is.

This is more viral than she could have ever dreamed. #goals

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

The selfie death thread

Now watch her parents sue the school for negligence.

The selfie death thread

Quote: (04-15-2019 12:56 PM)Jetset Wrote:  

Hopefully it brings her family some peace knowing that she died doing what she loved: getting her picture all over the internet so people can talk about how hot she is.

Brutal but true.

Shiv of the week.

The selfie death thread

I feel bad for her parents and also for her. Young life extinguished.

Yea it was stupid, but still. Its unfortunate she died from this instead of maybe having a serious enough injury that would have gotten her to re-think it all

The selfie death thread

Pet Theory.

Death Whisperers

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

The selfie death thread

I hate to say it, but it is for the best that her genetics will not be passed on to someone. Clearly she was messed up in the head, to try something like that.

The selfie death thread

The worst thing would be minding your business on the ground and some instagram troller falls on you.

The selfie death thread

Folk today promote Darwinism & natural selection to the nth degree.

No point being surprised when foolish folk manifest such ideas into real life...

The selfie death thread

Quote: (04-15-2019 11:49 AM)IveBeenFramed Wrote:  

WB (Would've Banged)

Give me a big paper bag and a bottle of lube and I still would.

The selfie death thread

It’d be nice to think that somehow, somewhere people and parents are starting to connect the dots and realize how toxic Instagram culture is from attention whoring related tragedies like this.

The selfie death thread

Quote: (04-15-2019 06:11 PM)Chetthebaker Wrote:  

It’d be nice to think that somehow, somewhere people and parents are starting to connect the dots and realize how toxic Instagram culture is from attention whoring related tragedies like this.

At the very least.
These 'tards need to realize that not everyone can be a supposed celebrity & there is only so much attention to go around.

Hell, even actors & actresses that do make it in Hollowood struggle to maintain positive fame.
Very easy to choose the wrong path or simply be forgotten.

The selfie death thread

Hopefully the instagram likes we’re worth it. At least she died doing what she loved more than anything in the world

*honk*

The selfie death thread

About 15 years ago a girl at a medical school I know went to go "run the Grand Canyon" I think because she was a long distance runner and it was a challenge. She ended up being too far away, alone, or whatever it was, in crazy heat. Died of dehydration.

Can you imagine being a parent and raising a child all the way to medical school and mid 20s age, who dies by running in the Grand Canyon in summer just to say she did it?

I think the retards at the time were saying something like "At least she died doing something she loved."

Weird stuff. Sad of course, but it was a "cool" thing or equivalent "like" in the pre-selfie era.