rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Honk pill (Clown World)

Well. If there's anyone who should start this thread, it may as well be me.

[Image: D3zz-Ld-Xk-AAma-ZU.jpg]

Clown World.
Recognizing the ridiculousness & retardartion of the modern world.
Especially the highly politically correct, modern world.
Yet simply sitting back on the sidelines, while pointing & enjoying a hearty laugh.

Honk, honk. [Image: cool.gif]

Is the honk pill the alternative to the God pill as successor to the Black one?

Quote: (04-11-2019 06:00 AM)ilostabet Wrote:  

The 'honk pill' is definitely more fun than the 'black pill'.
Yet does not preclude the 'God pill' by any means.

Clown World is a man made construct. Nothing to say God won't correct Clown World.

If the Chad Honker is a nihilist, he is very far from the God pill tho.

Deus vult!

Quote: (04-11-2019 06:00 AM)ilostabet Wrote:  

I would put honk pill as a subset of black pill.

Though even if you're God pilled, you still retain truth (red pill) and acceptance (black pill).

Quote: (04-11-2019 05:29 AM)CynicalContrarian Wrote:  

Clown World.
Recognizing the ridiculousness & retardartion of the modern world.
Especially the highly politically correct, modern world.
Yet simply sitting back on the sidelines, while pointing & enjoying a hearty laugh.

Honk, honk. [Image: cool.gif]

Mentally ill people changing sex/race/age for the purpose of getting better treatment.
Most valuable assets of society are being called "Nice guyz" as an insult, squeezed like lemon from their labor, money and more, to get thrown away when of no more use, spit on, mistreated till they enter the grave (especially one category) and the less capable are rewarded with sex and advantages.

That's the only pill you can swallow, holywood either got hijacked or is making the said absurdity of the world more fun.

[Image: 6SXVh2n.jpg]

Tell them too much, they wouldn't understand; tell them what they know, they would yawn.
They have to move up by responding to challenges, not too easy not too hard, until they paused at what they always think is the end of the road for all time instead of a momentary break in an endless upward spiral

It’s an effective way to point out modern absurdities, just like court jesters of old.

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth

Quote: (04-11-2019 06:16 AM)Glaucon Wrote:  

If the Chad Honker is a nihilist, he is very far from the God pill tho.

Being a devout Christian myself (non-denominational), it helps to have the belief that there is a God; greater than mankind, greater than the earth & greater than the universe.
Who will correct man's many, many mistakes.

Much easier to detach oneself from the rabid rantings & ravings of modern folk, when you believe in something greater.

Now that may not fall in line with a distinct definition of nihilism.
Yet the notion of 'Clown World' is more a rejection of the absurdity of the modern world than anything else. While having a good laugh all the same.

Even from a "persuasion" angle.
Arguing or 'brow-beating' someone over their foolishness may not amount to much.
Mere mockery of said foolishness may well cause the other person to evaluate their position.

Hell.
The whole memetic "Honkler" thing could well be just a timely & elaborate marketing campaign for the new Joker movie...

Yet I see that I was using the term "Clown World" as far back as June 2017 on Twitter.
[Image: Upside-smile.png]

4chan kids keep pumping out memes that are both funny and make sense as social commentary.

If you are an intellectually curious and creative person, there is no greater prison than being associated with the contemporary left. What was the last time they produced anything remotely as interesting as the Clown World meme?

What's wrong with smelling like cigarettes and booze? [Image: angry.gif]

*HONK HONK*

"Once you've gotten the lay you have won."- Mufasa

"You Miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- Wayne Gretzky

Those kids at it again. Probably the last bastion of comedy we have.

This really started back in 2008 with Ledger's Joker in The Dark Knight.

Even ten years ago the clown-pill sentiment was there, which is why the 2008 Joker was immediately sainted by comic movie standards and why every version since has been complete trash by comparison. Where there are anti-heroes Ledger's Joker was a sort of anti-villain.

This little clip that lasts less than 90 seconds contains some of the greatest film quotes of that entire decade.

Every time I watch that movie I think "I can't believe they ever green-lit this for release to the proles".

Amusing side-note #1. In the first clip I only just noticed that the Joker is holding back the hammer on the revolver. Not quite as committed as he wanted Harvey to believe.

Amusing side-note #2.

[Image: 60e9VIy.png]

The combination of factors is just too bizarrely relevant to pass up.
Asian guy.
Clown.
Money.

So I made a gif.

[Image: GIFMaker.org_Y9Ry3X.gif]

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Even though my sons have no hair, they are already chads. It will be tough to corral their impulses in this clown world.

Enough with the pills. It's getting ridiculous. Try enjoying your life for a change instead of concerning yourselves about the crazies around you -- there will always be crazies around you.

I hope Honk Pill becomes a widely accepted term like red pill and blue pill.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Also, I don't see much difference between the "latest meme" and the "latest trend". Both require that you accept and embrace them to be seen as cool by your peer group.

[Image: attachment.jpg41583]   

[Image: attachment.jpg41584]   

[Image: attachment.jpg41585]   

I like this 'Honk Pill'..., but you get a 'like' from me on your comment bc of your Randy Savage quote!

Quote: (04-11-2019 11:30 AM)Avoy Wrote:  

I don't see much difference between the "latest meme" and the "latest trend". Both require that you accept and embrace them to be seen as cool by your peer group.

Sometimes it's a good exercise to look at a word's original meaning.

The word "meme" was coined in analogy to "gene". A meme is an idea that is replicated from person to person. A trend or a fad, in the context of human society, is a short-lived meme. By definition, all trends are memes, but not all memes are trends - memes can be very long-lasting. There is a difference.

It's true that there is an element of peer pressure and group acceptance in the spread of memes, but that doesn't tell you much about the memes themselves. Some memes spread because they're useful for survival; others because they carry information that people find relevant to their lives and experiences; others because they're simply funny.

This particular meme has a lot of information embedded in it. A perspective on the general state of things (crazy), the scale at which the phenomenon takes place (global), an attitude towards the perceived scenario (humorous / nihilistic), and finally an aesthetic through which that attitude is exerted (clowns). The aesthetic is recognisable and easy to replicate, making the meme all the more viral.

Yes, there are teenagers who will be posting about the Clown World because they think it's cool. And being adults we can't hope but to find the whole thing silly. Cringe-worthy even. Who cares? The core idea is solid: the world is batshit crazy. It's better to point things out than to say nothing, and this meme is efficient at pointing things out. As far as Internet memes go, this is pretty good.

^
Yep.
The cartoonish façade is one thing.
The underlying premise is much more pertinent.

One can live in anger, annoyance, apathy or amusement...

Honk Honkler is the god of Islam.

[Image: attachment.jpg41589]   

So this is just a variation of 'enjoy the decline?'

Laugh at the decline, while enjoying it.

I think the idea of clown world goes back a long way. Honk Honkler is just the latest example.

Row, row, row your boat,
gently down the stream
merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily,
life is but a dream

What good is sitting alone in your room?
Come hear the music play
Life is a cabaret, old chum
Come to the cabaret

Put down the knitting, the book and the broom
It's time for a holiday
So come to the cabaret

Come taste the wine
Come hear the band
Come blow that horn
Start celebrating right this way
Your table's waiting

What good's permitting some prophet of doom
To wipe every smile away
So come to the cabaret

I used to have this girlfriend known as Elsie
With whom I shared four sordid rooms in Chelsea
She wasn't what you'd call a blushing flower
As a matter of fact she rented by the hour

The day she died the neighbors came to snicker
"Well, that's what comes from too much pills and liquor"
But when I saw her laid out like a Queen
She was the happiest corpse, I'd ever seen

I think of Elsie to this very day
I remember how she'd turn to me and say
"What good is sitting all alone in your room?
Come hear the music play
Come to the cabaret

And as for me
And as for me
I made my mind up, back in Chelsea
When I go, I'm going like Elsie

Start by admitting from cradle to tomb
Isn't that long a stay
It's only a cabaret, old chum
And I love a cabaret

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage