rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Advanced Peacocking Theory

Hi guys, I just finished reading the mystery method. I have tried to incorporate peacocking into my nights out. Much to my amusement, I'm not getting that many comments from girls, and IOIs vary highly night to night.

I know basic peacocking theory says have one outlandish or garish item that gives you an in with girls.

So far it's been a mixed bag:

1. I bought a cowboy hat and me and wing will sometimes go out wearing them. We do get attention, but eventually my wing converts and I don't.

2. I bought a sweatshirt that has a very large, "roman" aka "nazi" eagle on it. The first time I wore the thing I felt like a bad ass and I got a girls number at the bar first time wearing it.

3. I wear these kinda hipster leathers bracelets but never once have I gotten comments on them.

4. Sometimes I go out and wear a brown blazer and have gotten comments a few times but that's it.

5. I have this olive drab military jacket with a fish tail that looks Mod as fuck, that I bought, and a few times I've gotten comments, but surprisingly few.

I have a pair of doc martens in my closet but I haven't dusted them off in a long time? Would it be a good idea to try going out wearing them?

How do I up my pea-cocking game? Like I want to do advanced peacocking... I think it will help my confidence a bit, because I enjoy "playing a role"... I almost think I just need to stand out more...

Any advise would be appreciated.

Try taking a guitar out.

Wearing a Kilt out.

Top hat and tails.

Hot pink suit.

Peacocking game is lame, but there you go, you are welcome.

PS you really got to analyse why your wing is getting all the action and you are not... ask him?

Quote: (03-31-2019 11:40 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Try taking a guitar out.

Wearing a Kilt out.

Top hat and tails.

Hot pink suit.

PS you really got to analyse why your wing is getting all the action and you are not... ask him?

Lol mate my wing has been out of action for several weeks because of kidney surgery. I hate going out. Thus, my gaming has ground to a halt until he recovers... hoopefully we have enough time to game college girls before school ends. He also has a huge advantage being military, having tattoos, and earrings.

Keep the flame going for your bro and keep going out. You will probably need to carry him (game-wise) until he gets over all the hiccups and bumps associated with invasive surgery.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Peacocking makes you look dumb most of the time, dial it way back.

[Image: mystery-and-style-peacocking.jpg]

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages2.fanpop.com%2Fima...61.jpg&f=1]

That's some epic peacocking right there.

"Women however should get a spanking at least once a week by their husbands and boyfriends - that should be mandated by law" - Zelcorpion

Why not buy nice clothes for going out, instead of dressing like a clown.

Mystery did that routine over a decade ago, I doubt it he goes out like that today.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Nothing works if it doesn't fit your personality.

Many people are scared to death of wearing anything that isn't considered 'normal.'

I thought the main lesson of the concept of peacocking was that wearing something out of the ordinary not only doesn't hurt your chances but could help.

You could try making it a more personal endeavor by thinking of something YOU have always wanted to wear, a piece of jewelry or interesting shoes or something that you feel some sort of affinity with.

If women like it, keep it up, and if they don't scrap it.

Women love men with the nerve to have a distinctive personal style.

Times have moved on though, and what worked in the early 2000's might not work now though.

Hipsters have cornered the market on weird, so what can you do that you like and that stands out?

[Image: floral-beards.jpeg]

Patrice O'Neal's wingman, forgetting his name now, used to wear a rattlesnake's rattle on a leather thong around his neck.

Women always asked about it.

He had a bullshit story to go with it about being part Native American and that it was handed down by elders when inside he was thinking: "Got it at a thrift store, bitch."

The point is, use the concept of peacocking as an opportunity to express parts of your personality that you have been too timid (or haven't even considered) to express in the past.

You have to be creative though because now there are all sorts of loons with their soy open pieholes out there curating their *brand* by wearing something they think is original but only looks uncalibrated and makes other people uncomfortable, no matter how wide they open their mouths in fake enthusiasm.

Yeah, like these guys belong in overalls.

[Image: 7a2.jpg]

Unless you find something that fits your personality you might find that peacocking is a bit played out.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

^

This seems to be the perfect advice, rather than looking like a sore thumb, having a little something that might catch a woman's attention and go with your presence.

I've noted that Roosh has this whole bumble-bee thing going at the moment:

[Image: 02_500_P1010243.jpg]

It's distinct and makes you wonder what's going on here. I guarantee that will completely flummox his SPLC profiler.

In the 90s there was a famous, French footballer named Eric Cantona, a very masculine figure. His ZFG attitude was capped by his trademark upturned collar. Another player would have looked like a div, but Cantona was the guy every woman wanted in the 90s.

[Image: 053962sp.jpg]

Beyond cool

Recently I lost a bet and had to wear a "This is what a feminist looks like" pinback button on a night out. Got approached by at least a dozen women in the span of a few hours and converted a few into numbers and dates, even got a bang out of it. Peacocking for the win! (I still felt like a tool)

Peacocking can be quite helpful, but you need to have game so that you're able to change a casual conversation, such as a girl complimenting your hat/boots/etc, into a sexual conversation. Otherwise, you're basically just a clown, an object of attention that gives a girl some momentary pleasure but is quickly forgotten.

Don't discount the value of accessories either, especially if they have a cool story associated with them. You may not be opened because of them, but when you're already talking to a chick, you can reference a story (ie: "last year I traveled to Mexico for several weeks, and got this necklace as a symbol of ...") while showing her the necklace/bracelet. That type of stuff can be really powerful when you're working on a girl.

you're better off buying some custom fitted shirts and dressing well than peacocking.

If you hate going out, but want to peacock, it's not going to be congruent. Peacocking can work in theory, but you have to be a good partier for that. If you're going out and having the time of your life you can probably pull it off, otherwise your wig will continue getting more attention than you.

Quote: (04-01-2019 09:20 AM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

Why not buy nice clothes for going out, instead of dressing like a clown.

Mystery did that routine over a decade ago, I doubt it he goes out like that today.

Mystery still looks the same as ever from the more recent vids of his I've seen. almost looked like he came out of a mid 2000's PUA time machine. Has anyone ever met him or seen him gaming?

My garb is as follows, and his been for the past winter season: Shoes, either boat shoes, sneakers or chelsea style boots, pants- slim jeans, shirts- fitted Polo brand tshirts or fitted polo shirts. Bracelets- black leather. Watch- classic Seiko automatic. I wear a coat or blazer if it's a bit cold or I want to go a bit more formal.

Quote: (04-01-2019 12:06 AM)Fortis Wrote:  

Keep the flame going for your bro and keep going out. You will probably need to carry him (game-wise) until he gets over all the hiccups and bumps associated with invasive surgery.

I went through some burnout so it's probably good i've been off b/c of my wing. I'm eager to go out this weekend, and he may make it or may not.

Quote: (04-01-2019 10:18 AM)debeguiled Wrote:  

Nothing works if it doesn't fit your personality.

Many people are scared to death of wearing anything that isn't considered 'normal.'

I thought the main lesson of the concept of peacocking was that wearing something out of the ordinary not only doesn't hurt your chances but could help.

You could try making it a more personal endeavor by thinking of something YOU have always wanted to wear, a piece of jewelry or interesting shoes or something that you feel some sort of affinity with.

If women like it, keep it up, and if they don't scrap it.

Women love men with the nerve to have a distinctive personal style.

Times have moved on though, and what worked in the early 2000's might not work now though.

Hipsters have cornered the market on weird, so what can you do that you like and that stands out?

[Image: floral-beards.jpeg]

Patrice O'Neal's wingman, forgetting his name now, used to wear a rattlesnake's rattle on a leather thong around his neck.

Women always asked about it.

He had a bullshit story to go with it about being part Native American and that it was handed down by elders when inside he was thinking: "Got it at a thrift store, bitch."

The point is, use the concept of peacocking as an opportunity to express parts of your personality that you have been too timid (or haven't even considered) to express in the past.

You have to be creative though because now there are all sorts of loons with their soy open pieholes out there curating their *brand* by wearing something they think is original but only looks uncalibrated and makes other people uncomfortable, no matter how wide they open their mouths in fake enthusiasm.

Yeah, like these guys belong in overalls.

[Image: 7a2.jpg]

Unless you find something that fits your personality you might find that peacocking is a bit played out.

I used to go out wearing red drivers and holy shit did people notice them. Red shoes are dope, maybe I need to pick up a pair, I felt like the fucking devil it was great.

I’ve been debating getting a rather large silver cross necklace.

Or wearing a shirt that says something obscene in a foreign language… idk.

Quote: (04-01-2019 11:25 AM)RDF Wrote:  

Recently I lost a bet and had to wear a "This is what a feminist looks like" pinback button on a night out. Got approached by at least a dozen women in the span of a few hours and converted a few into numbers and dates, even got a bang out of it. Peacocking for the win! (I still felt like a tool)

Peacocking can be quite helpful, but you need to have game so that you're able to change a casual conversation, such as a girl complimenting your hat/boots/etc, into a sexual conversation. Otherwise, you're basically just a clown, an object of attention that gives a girl some momentary pleasure but is quickly forgotten.

Don't discount the value of accessories either, especially if they have a cool story associated with them. You may not be opened because of them, but when you're already talking to a chick, you can reference a story (ie: "last year I traveled to Mexico for several weeks, and got this necklace as a symbol of ...") while showing her the necklace/bracelet. That type of stuff can be really powerful when you're working on a girl.

That's pretty funny, essentially ironic whiteknighting... I like it.

How do you convert the convo?

What is your style? It seems to be all over the place.

Red driving shoes are dope for summer, most dudes are scared to wear colour. I wear a pink Polo shirt and some girl always compliments me.

The cowboy hat and cross I would pass on, you want to stay away from religious things or anything offensive.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Just dress different than all the normie guys and as long as it fits your style, you'll be fine.

Me, I'm always the best dressed guy in the place. More than a few girls come up to me at the bar if I'm posted up there for a while. If they're not dressed nicely they often apologize for their appearance and boom, now you have control of the frame with almost no effort.

Quote: (04-01-2019 03:37 PM)rudebwoy Wrote:  

What is your style? It seems to be all over the place.

Red driving shoes are dope for summer, most dudes are scared to wear colour. I wear a pink Polo shirt and some girl always compliments me.

The cowboy hat and cross I would pass on, you want to stay away from religious things or anything offensive.

Context: style is a mix of preppy, hipster, and european. It's a bit ecclectic, but I try to keep with classic and timeless items, and or items that are highly functional or utilitarian.

I am thinking about getting some new red drivers, or getting some shirts in some bold colors.

More context: i'm in the south, so cowboy hats and wranglers are actually surprisingly common in some subset of bars here. If you do the full cowboy look you will get interest. My wing proves that (he's an urban cowboy in every sense of the word).

Quote: (04-01-2019 06:21 PM)DonnyGately Wrote:  

Just dress different than all the normie guys and as long as it fits your style, you'll be fine.

Me, I'm always the best dressed guy in the place. More than a few girls come up to me at the bar if I'm posted up there for a while. If they're not dressed nicely they often apologize for their appearance and boom, now you have control of the frame with almost no effort.

Ok.

I need to make sure I keep things sharp. When I walk into a place well dressed, ie better than 95 pc of other men, I do get IOIs... and notice it...

Maybe this is the Blackpill in me talking, but if you cant get a girl interested wearing a normal fitted button down and fresh Jean's with a classic shoe then she doesn't really like you anyway. Peacocking might get you looks and even numbers but they will mostly lead to nowhere. imo peacocking has always been one of the most obvious scams of the PUA community.

Peacocking doesn't have to be limited to clothing nevertheless. Most things, from your vocabulary to even your way to move, can be used to peacock; this calls the attention of women too.

I generally have a rustic way to talk, and to city girls that's strange and even exotic. I also tend to have a very erect posture, this calls the attention a lot, as other people where I am right now tend to have a bit more stooped posture than I because of the phones I suppose.

The definitive Peacocking is acting like someone from a different social background: from the clothes, to the accent to everything else. That will definitively call the attention of most people and the interest of women.

Can confirm as far as speech patterns and accents go. When I visited NYC my distinct southern accent seemed to go a long way when I went out.

Why do pioneers of PUA look like a 2 gay friends ready for LGBT parade, are they bi?

One of them is alien, the other one could be too

Quote: (03-31-2019 11:47 PM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Quote: (03-31-2019 11:40 PM)RatInTheWoods Wrote:  

Try taking a guitar out.

Wearing a Kilt out.

Top hat and tails.

Hot pink suit.

Lol mate my wing has been out of action for several weeks because of kidney surgery. I hate going out. Thus, my gaming has ground to a halt until he recovers... hoopefully we have enough time to game college girls before school ends. He also has a huge advantage being military, having tattoos, and earrings.

This is the "peacocking that works", especially if you are in a Western country. Girls are basically trained by society to like bad boys, BDSM, etc.

Not fuzzy hats

Edit: a better way of putting this is think about what girls want. Not "how can I look ridiculous so people look at me" (unless this also involves something that girls like)

For example, tattoos: in 2019, most girls will like or at least be intrigued by tats. The ones who are put off by them are usually the conservative ones who will not suck your dick in any reasonable time frame

New Post:
Men’s Style Guide: For Guys Who Want to Get Laid

You aren't getting laid because you still believe in "game".

Here's how I went from being a 21-year-old, videogame-addicted, Asian virgin to banging too many girls to count (no PUA bs):

https://whiteknightrises.com/start-here

BTC: 1A5WUGDNGnsxGJ62CXadV6T2oapKfFu4T3
ETH: 0x9019d135dD1FFA06f0CC53C5942cBce806a943dd

(If I miss your reply PM me)

I went out tonight, rocking new pair of black drivers that sort of look like Gucci Loafers. They are a bit incongruent for the area I'm in. Granted, also, was rocking the Roman eagle sweatshirt. Multiple girls were all over my loafers. At one point some randoms got on their knees in front of me to check out my loafers. Never seen anything like that before.

I think I've found something that works.

To top it off, a girl opened me, whom I never would have talked to otherwise. She said 3 freaking times I like your shoes.

I'll stick with what works, and from now on, it's the loafers/ drivers. No one wears such things in my town.