rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Handling aging

Handling aging

How are you handling ageing? Arms wide open or running the other way?

Personally I don't mind the wrinkles or even the Norwood 3 hairline too much, but its the aches and pains that bother me. I just did 4 days a row in the gym (used to 6 or 7 days a week in my 20s) and I've now got aching knees from running and sore back from going a little too heavy.

Is this normally a much bigger deal for women?

I'm wondering if in an age where male appearance is more important will men become more feminized and worry about ageing (in terms of looks and also in terms of health).

I can imagine the number or hair transplants and eye bag removal surgery shooting up over the next 20 years.

Handling aging

There's a whole 'older guys' thread already.

Handling aging

Handling aging

^ that entire podcast is worth a watch, one of my favorites by far:

Handling aging

Men are supposed to get better and more desirable as they age

50 is new 40 , 40 still sucks but it could be worse

Handling aging

I've been saying for years and years and years that I'm never going to get old. And I stand by that.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 08:21 AM)Isaac Jordan Wrote:  

I'll watch it, but Sinclair is well known in the anti-aging circles as a bit of a showman and huckster. GSK lost almost a billion dollars b/c of this dude. Dude was promoting resveratrol as our fountain of youth, and that has gone down in flames.

Here he is talking with Peter Attia, a man for whom I have great respect. Attia is going down the rabbit hole of anti-aging research too, and is more skeptical than Sinclair, that's for sure.

https://peterattiamd.com/davidsinclair/

Handling aging

Don't drink alcohol or smoke cigs, they heavily dehydrate you and age your skin

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 10:07 AM)uhriginal Wrote:  

Except Ole Death Whisper.

"Drink this...you'll live forever"

(This is from Fup, by Jim Dodge...it's the ultimate Redpill book. Just read it. You'll live 10 additional years just from that alone.)

Handling aging

I don't fear growing old, in fact, I look forward to being a dirty old man. I'm going to work like a donkey until I'm 55-60 then pull my union pension and if it still exists, Canadian government pension and other meagre investments. I'll relocate to Thailand, Colombia or whatever third world shit hole is cheap where the girls are easy and the rum is strong. I will smoke dope all day, get strung out on boner pills, bang skanks and die of cirrhosis of the liver. I have ten years in and a quarter million dollars in my pension, nineteen more years until I can start living the dream.

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 08:46 AM)PUA_Rachacha Wrote:  

I'll watch it, but Sinclair is well known in the anti-aging circles as a bit of a showman and huckster. GSK lost almost a billion dollars b/c of this dude. Dude was promoting resveratrol as our fountain of youth, and that has gone down in flames.

I watched that podcast too and he was very careful not to recommend any product, just talked about substances he takes and the science behind it. With regards to resveratrol it showed promising results in preventing cancer, oxidative stress, heart disease, etc in initial studies but they were bought out before independent labs did their own studies. That it didn't turn out to be a miracle drug is GSK's fault for jumping the gun and wanting to create a monopoly out of resveratrol without waiting to see how the science progressed.

In contrast there has been a variety of labs studying NAD/NMN for years so the evidence behind it is more reliable, though it makes sense to wait until they do human clinical trials to confirm the effects they've already found in mouse studies.

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 02:37 PM)Valentine Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2019 08:46 AM)PUA_Rachacha Wrote:  

I watched that podcast too and he was very careful not to recommend any product, just talked about substances he takes and the science behind it. With regards to resveratrol it showed promising results in preventing cancer, oxidative stress, heart disease, etc in initial studies but they were bought out before independent labs did their own studies. That it didn't turn out to be a miracle drug is GSK's fault for jumping the gun and wanting to create a monopoly out of resveratrol without waiting to see how the science progressed.

In contrast there has been a variety of labs studying NAD/NMN for years so the evidence behind it is more reliable, though it makes sense to wait until they do human clinical trials to confirm the effects they've already found in mouse studies.

Good stuff. There was an aging technology thread someplace on the forum but I lost track of it because I'm getting too old to remember things.

Handling aging

No drinking and smoking will give you extra 10 years..but is it a good trade? Instead of 75 you will live till 85, do people even have fun past 70?

Imo living long life is overrated, 65-70 is enough. Most people past that age look like shit anyway

Handling aging

So hard to avoid binging on carbs and beer at the end of a long stressful week.

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 03:14 PM)Bananaman711 Wrote:  

Imo living long life is overrated, 65-70 is enough...

How old are you? That sounds like something someone in their twenties would say, including myself at that age.
Past 40 (I'm 42) 60 suddenly doesn't seem invisible on the horizon anymore (although that's still around half of proper adulthood left before old age, so not a total disaster). And when I'm 60 I sure as hell expect that I would very much like to have another 15-20 decent to good years, unless I've been very unlucky in the health department.
More difficult to predict how I might feel at 80.

It's only now that my father has passed 70 that he's actually starting to look old to me, but he's still looking pretty good, and has a happy life with wife, dogs, grandkids and plenty of energy for long walks and various other more or less active hobbies.
Barring unfortunate events I certainly plan to do my very best to be in a similar positive situation in 30 years. And ideally with even better fitness level.

As far as my current age goes - definitely more wrinkles visible the last few years (but not bad for my age). Started losing my hair in my 20s so nothing new there (shave or buzz cut). More and more frequent minor health issues (digestion, joints etc.). More muscle mass than I've carried at any point in my life, even if I don't have as much functional strength as 20 years ago. Aiming to get down to 10-12% body fat for the summer (I've been around 14-18% most of my adult life, on the low end of that now).

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 05:24 PM)monsquid Wrote:  

So hard to avoid binging on carbs and beer at the end of a long stressful week.
Same. Once or twice a week I love to go out with friends, drink beer, and eat junk. I noticed on the months when I went on a 'cut' and didn't go out for beers and see my friends that my well-being plummeted.

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 02:14 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

(This is from Fup, by Jim Dodge...it's the ultimate Redpill book. Just read it. You'll live 10 additional years just from that alone.)

Ok. Found a free epub file online.

Handling aging

Part of aging is lifestyle of course, but part is genetic and part is sheer force of will.

Some guys I knew in high school and college already seem like stogy old men in their 30s and they don't even drink or smoke. Having wives/gfs they don't really like is partly to blame. They've lost the will to be young because there's no avenue where a youthful mindset and appearance would benefit them (that they can see). They let themselves go emotionally. It takes a certain amount of will power to keep up with pop culture and put in time at the gym and spend time around younger people and to emotionally distance yourself from a "live to work" american culture+consumerism. Youth is basically the ability to be inspired and the ability to make sacrifices to chase that inspiration. When that goes, youth goes.

And genetics. Watch Trump videos from the late 80s. He was in his early 40s then and it was the beginning of his media domination when he became a household name. He looks extremely youthful even though he admittedly eats garbage and doesn't exercise because of his belief in "lifetime energy quotas" or some shit. He mostly looked the same up until around 60 when he started gaining weight. I think this is mostly genetic - people don't age the same at all and two 40 year olds can be in very very different places lifestyle wise and how their genetics program them to age.

Handling aging

Trump looked very good in his 40s, youthful and full of energy. He loves eating junk food but he never touched alcohol or smoked i think. Its mostly result of good genes, how stress tolerant you are, etc

Things that will age you faster and make you look older than you are:

-smoking
-alcohol drinking
-too much sun exposure
-stressing too much
-loss of hair will make you look 10 years older
- excessive weight

I think blacks age the best if they avoid getting fat, Serena Williams , she looks same at 18 and 38, Russian and Slavic women are grannies at by same age

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 10:15 PM)uhriginal Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2019 02:14 PM)MrLemon Wrote:  

Ok. Found a free epub file online.

Quote:Quote:

Granddaddy Jake Santee has, after six and a half decades of riotous living, found the secret of immortality. It is in the distilling and drinking of Ol' Death Whisper, a moonshine recipe given to him by a dying Indian outside a gambling hall in Nevada City. Jake has never settled, he's been married three times, has one daughter he hasn't seen since she was a baby, followed the gold rush, made a fortune, lost it, made another, won some land which suits him well, but has spent most of his life an itinerant gambler, sometimes lucky, sometimes not. But something in that dying Indian's eyes and his promise of immortality held Jake's attention, and he took himself and the recipe back home to his dilapidated ranch. He hasn't moved since.

The whiskey helped him keep still. One hit of Ol' Death Whisper would drive most humans to their knees; two produced a mildy hallucinatory catatonia. His neighbours used it for tractor fuel, blowing stumps, and, diluted by a drop to a pint of water, as a treatment for almost anything that ailed their stock, from scours to lungworm.

Handling aging

I know this guy that is in his 70's and he's done drugs, drank heavily and banged whores for the last 40 years. He looks a little bit like Keith Richards and said he expected to die at 50.

I just think do what you enjoy doing, you can easily drop dead at any moment having a clean, boring lifestyle.

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 03:14 PM)Bananaman711 Wrote:  

No drinking and smoking will give you extra 10 years..but is it a good trade? Instead of 75 you will live till 85, do people even have fun past 70?

Imo living long life is overrated, 65-70 is enough. Most people past that age look like shit anyway

Its not just lifespan but also healthspan. The things that help you to live longer will also make you live live healthier, more energy, without disease etc.

I bet you wont be saying this when youre 60

Handling aging

Quote: (03-22-2019 02:33 PM)scotian Wrote:  

I don't fear growing old, in fact, I look forward to being a dirty old man. I'm going to work like a donkey until I'm 55-60 then pull my union pension and if it still exists, Canadian government pension and other meagre investments. I'll relocate to Thailand, Colombia or whatever third world shit hole is cheap where the girls are easy and the rum is strong. I will smoke dope all day, get strung out on boner pills, bang skanks and die of cirrhosis of the liver. I have ten years in and a quarter million dollars in my pension, nineteen more years until I can start living the dream.

Rethink your plan:

Just by posessing in thailand you COULD go to prison, i dont think you want to stay in one of those prisons. It takes only one neighbor bothered by smell to call the police.

Girls may be easy for young guys, but you think girls in their prime will even talk to you when you are 60? No offense, but prepare your wallet wherever you go at that age.

Handling aging

Quote: (03-23-2019 04:33 AM)luigi Wrote:  

Quote: (03-22-2019 02:33 PM)scotian Wrote:  

Rethink your plan:

Just by posessing in thailand you COULD go to prison, i dont think you want to stay in one of those prisons. It takes only one neighbor bothered by smell to call the police.

Girls may be easy for young guys, but you think girls in their prime will even talk to you when you are 60? No offense, but prepare your wallet wherever you go at that age.

I don't know if OP has ever been to TH or COL, if he thinks Thai or Colombian chicks will be easy to score for 60 yo without paying he is deadly wrong.
TH is not easy like it used to be, young handsome Westerners are everywhere and they need a game to bang non p4p

Handling aging

Why are we even discussing this? Have you read the "Wall victims" thread?
http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-16620.html

Fuck. The better question and what this thread should really be about, is how you handle the aging of your woman?
Someone needs to do a data sheet on that.

I don't think there's anything that could possibly age you more than having to deal with the stress of putting your dick inside an old fat post-wall wrinkly woman with a roastbeef pussy that you're repulsed by. That shit is going to age you like a motherfu**er!

Women get lazy (especially after kids, when they lose the incentive to look great), so the question is really how you can push her so she sticks to a strict healthy diet and exercise over the long term and never forgets to put skin cream on and take care of herself?

Odds are she'll be looking like one of those women I linked to in the thread above but if you do it right, you could extend your sex life for many more years and she could look like this after 60.

[Image: DaBARxp.jpg]