rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Running night game in your 30's

Hey guys, question anyone on here run good night game I mean staying out until 1230-1 a few times a week? I remember back in day i used to go out with friends that were 35 at the time and every thursday friday saturday they were down to go out and we stayed out until 1. Now i am 30 and find myself not having that same energy but sometime I think it is mental too. I work for myself so maybe if i just got used to waking up later I can adjust and make it work. Please help since i love bars/clubs and dancing etc!

Thanks

I'm 34 and only do night game, I find I have no problem staying out till last call but I have the habit of just ppl watching and getting shit faced. Although I'm starting to push myself to be more social since Im trying to break out of MGTOW(shitty lifestyle tbh).

Try to have a long siesta like 3 hours after lunch before the night that you go out on.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

ok nice I have problem taking naps I need to start doing this. also think quitting caffeine will help!

1) Don't drink much, or even at all, if you can help it. Plenty of places don't give a shit if all you buy from them is bottled water throughout the night. I'm assuming you're not the type that needs liquid courage to talk to girls, otherwise this approach wouldn't be feasible, of course.

2) The vast majority of the time, if it's 2 am and you haven't locked a gal in, chances are you either won't or will have to go home with a subpar girl. In other words - you don't need to stay out till 6 am. The best girls will usually leave or get locked down by a guy by ~2 am. Exceptions exist but 95% or more of the time in my ~15 yrs of gaming, this is what I've observed.

Pussy ain't for pussies...

Quote: (03-02-2019 10:16 PM)jselysianeagle Wrote:  

2) The vast majority of the time, if it's 2 am and you haven't locked a gal in, chances are you either won't or will have to go home with a subpar girl.

4 hour rule!

If you can't pull within a 4 hour session, cut your losses and go get some sleep. You need it!

Quote: (03-03-2019 06:12 AM)JackinMelbourne Wrote:  

2) The vast majority of the time, if it's 2 am and you haven't locked a gal in, chances are you either won't or will have to go home with a subpar girl.

4 hour rule!

If you can't pull within a 4 hour session, cut your losses and go get some sleep. You need it!

Or invite her over to snuggle the next day in the afternoon, and while she thinks you are spooning, secretly take a nap.

More sleep for you!

Get enough good sleep, and you will forget all about the girl whatever thing.

It's not a nap, it's a siesta, and my schedule is Mediterranean!

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

How have you guys had to change your game in your 30s when compared to your 20s?

The problem is more of an energy problem than anything else then. Check your testosterone levels and pay more attention to gym and nutrition in order to have more energy. That simple.
But another way to stay younger is to get some younger wingmen. I loved going out with cool, older and more experienced guys when I was new to bars and clubs so they'll probably be happy to hang around an older cat. At the same time they probably got something out from my young enthusiastic energy.

I can relate to this in a different way though. I'm approaching 30 too but I wouldn't say it's an energy problem. I just have less interest in night game. Ratios seem much worse nowadays, which I think is an effect of Tinder and often girls will already have a booty call ready for the night with a guy she's been talking with online.

Plus my standards are now higher than they were in the past and at the same time hot women have become rarer.
It's simply not as exciting to drink in a club and stand around mostly superficial who are pretty damn boring and only care about their smartphones and social media.

Quote: (03-03-2019 06:12 AM)JackinMelbourne Wrote:  

4 hour rule!

I wish I knew this rule when I was younger.

I'm mid late 30's and currently trying to force myself to go out more so this thread is of interest to me.

Even as more of an introvert I don't have the "not enough energy" problem. I'd say the biggest thing personally is to get your "routine" down to get yourself "in the social mood" earlier in the day BEFORE going out.

For me this means going out of my way to be extra chatty/social and outgoing in the afternoon, hitting the gym, then maybe green tea (caffeine doesn't seem to have as much effect on me as it does most people though). Crank some music, talk to cashiers, bartenders, bouncers, & other random people, listen to roosh's advice & watch the tv show friends. whatever works for you.

In the usa where bars typically close at 2, the 4 hour rule could really be shortened down a little, around 10pm (or 9-9:30 depending on venue) until 12:30 or so. Some venues/scenes different, but no reason to stick it out until last call. After around 12:30, rapidly diminishing returns for lower & lower quality.

These days I'm traveling a lot and 90 % of the time I'm solo and going out in relatively small usa towns/cities (40,000-200,000 population) which always seem to be more cliquey than large cities. Typically these types of cities will have about 1-2 popular-ish "clubs" and a few other venues that might have music or dancing, plus some other various small bars. Often college towns with much younger leaning crowds.

I found through my early 30's I had pretty good luck in these types of clubs, (I would get strong eye contact or attention & approach), but now it's less frequent that I have such signs interest from girls, and I have to force it, approach more, and plow through a little more. I know that as the op suggests, a lot of this is mental. If (and when) I get a little momentum (get 'lucky' a few times) and start believing in myself a little more, and build some momentum, it gets much easier!!

I'd appreciate any tips or motivational thoughts on what's worked for others, and specifically any thoughts about smaller cities as well.

I just made another thread about this and could use some advice.

Best motivation is and was a good social group of people all going out together.

But now that I'm in my early 30s all that is starting to fall apart for obvious reasons.

Just wondered what life in the game and abroad looks like solo in early 30s.

Quote: (03-03-2019 08:55 PM)Patbate Wrote:  

Best motivation is and was a good social group of people all going out together.

But now that I'm in my early 30s all that is starting to fall apart for obvious reasons.

I reckon most solo travelers experience a lot of loneliness, and sometimes depression. I dont think it's as glamorous as ppl make it out to be, I picture lots of lonely walks in city centers and drinking alone in bars.

Quote: (03-03-2019 10:52 PM)cruzinV Wrote:  

I reckon most solo travelers experience a lot of loneliness, and sometimes depression. I dont think it's as glamorous as ppl make it out to be, I picture lots of lonely walks in city centers and drinking alone in bars.

Hey Thanks for replying to my thread btw.

Yes that's my biggest fear and what I pictured too. I'm used to massive social circle game and was thinking about ways to quickly replicate that abroad using promoter game.

I go out a couple of times a week and stay until late, i.e. 2-4am. I might throw in a weekday but I won't stay beyond 23.00 and that's pushing it a bit.

Usually I'm the one who is less tired in the group. Maybe because I have Game as a driver, but a lot of it has to do with lifestyle choices and work situation. I don't drink much, I watch what I eat and train 3x a week. Not too much, not too little with focus on functional strength as opposed to putting on lots of weight (I'm thin to begin with so I follow my genetics).

At work, I'm lucky enough to be in an environment where I don't need to work overtime and I don't stress.

What I mean to say by that is that the less you strain your body, or rather the smarter way in which you strain your body, the more energy you are going to have. I remember that 4-5 years ago, in my mid-to-late 20s, Fridays used to be a drag. I would literally feel like I was ran over by a bulldozer. Wasn't training back then and my eating habits were different.

Age is a factor for sure. However I think people who experience a problem with nightgame as soon as in their early 30s either have a poor lifestyle, have partied too much in their 20s and it shows now or simply are not into it as much.

If it won't matter in 30 years, it doesn't matter now.

My thoughts and memoirs: yourfriendtrent.wordpress.com

Quote: (03-03-2019 10:52 PM)cruzinV Wrote:  

Some people like losing themselves in a cityscape for a few hours/days at a time.
We not only have a tolerance for alone time, we seek it.
If it bothers you to NOT have a social circle at all times, then a digital nomad life is probably not for you.

From an endurance perspective early-mid thirties should be a males peak. Road cyclist peak around age 30 and triathletes 33.

I'm 31 and my feel better than ever

Don't limit yourself brothers, opportunity ia everywhere
https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2010/04/...verywhere/

I don't feel any less energy than I did ten years ago.

I think it's perhaps that you may have less enthusiasm?

Or most likely you have developed a more consistent sleeping routine which means you shut down at 11pm 5-6 nights per week so expecting Saturday to be different is misguided.

As others have said, switch up your routine a bit on the day you are planning to go go out, e.g. sleep in or nap.

Lack of enery is 100% NOT my issue, gaming as a guy in his 30's. I'm always the last person in the damn club, coming out as the lights get turned on, and the looking fro somewhere else to go!

My only issue is that i'm honestly only interested in hit teenage girls, basically. And obviously lots of them will instantly dismiss you if they think you're too old. Just gotta run numbers game and try to finda young one whose into older guys. There's definitely some out there!

Quote: (03-05-2019 02:20 AM)Snag87 Wrote:  

From an endurance perspective early-mid thirties should be a males peak. Road cyclist peak around age 30 and triathletes 33.

I'm 31 and my feel better than ever

Alex Honnold free solo'ed El Capitan at age 31. One of the greatest athletic achievements ever.

I ran night game throughout my 30s in NYC, often out till 2-3am, no reason you should be getting tired just nap before you go out and don't get drunk all the time.

Yup exactly my biggest issue I am used to going to bed at 1030-11 and waking up at 8... I think quitting caffeine and napping will have a positive effect and getting used to sleeping at 1230-1 every night. By 11 at the club or bar I am at I am ready to go home and most women are just getting started! Also i am 30 also feel you guys on college girls 18-20 range is hard I think. I know some don't care though, I also for some reason have a fear if I bring one of these girls home that night bang her that she may be pyscho and claim a rape charge or something I don't know. Same when I go to latin America I get nervous sometimes probably too much caffeine lol.

I think the biggest issue is Social Media.

Guys in their 30s are now competing with young social circles amplified with social media...You can bet they're alot better at it than most men above 30.

If you can learn how to use Instagram properly whilst combining it with your past game experience, you could absolutely kill it. - Used to work with facebook.

Yea I realised of us (me included) have a bad habit of sitting on the chair and now moving in night games, the secret to laying is maybe moving our lazy ass (or the AA excuse of being lazy)