rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the wildest nightlife in Europe?

I wonder what would be the European country/countries with the wildest night life that some members of this forum have ever been to. I've been to Iceland which seemed to have a solid nightlife but Reykjavik is way too small for options.

I'll be potentially traveling solo should my buddy decide not to join. I plan to be out there for 10 days that period will cover 2 weekends.
No budget restrictions, but I would like to stay within $3K or $4K for the duration of the trip.

I'm planning to be there in March or June depending on the recommendations I get like whether those places are dead during March timeframe.

By solid night life I mean a city with several bars and nightclubs/lounges within a walking distance from each other that are preferably open until around 4am and the potential to pick up flags is very good. Also in a city where locals speak some English or French, the only two languages I speak fluently.

I appreciate you guys' ideas and recommendations.

Berlin, Budapest, Spilt (HR)

For the first two, there'll be plenty of french people, but Spanish will be more useful

I've never been to Berlin so can't comment on that. Split would only be an option in June and a no-no for me, even then. Lovely place to visit - but I personally don't find it so conducive to hooking up. There are a lot of tourist but I'm not a fan of Aussie and British chicks (a lot of younger tourists tend to be from those two countries) and local chicks are notoriously hard to ONS .

I'll throw 4/5 recommendations out there.

1) Krakow/Warsaw/Wroclaw (Poland) - all have concentrated nightlife, good food and open and easy chicks.
2) Vilnius (Lithuania) - possibly the most attractive girls in Europe imo, friendly and open.
3) Budapest (Hungary) - maybe my favourite city in Europe. Has everything you would want and cheap af.
4) Belgrade (Serbia) - if you go you'll know why i said it.
5) Zagreb (Croatia) - Not as beautiful as Split, but girls much more open in attitude, nightlife is way better than Split and even though it's the capital, it's much cheaper than Split.

If i had 10 days i'd probably split it with 5 and 5 in 2 places... and the ones I've mentioned make travel between a combination pretty easy.

Poland borders with Lithuania (and has super cheap flights to Hungary). Hungary with Croatia and Serbia, and Croatia and Serbia with each other. So there's about 5 combos of two countries you could go to without breaking the bank.

Also - definitely June.... Europe is too cold in March to see the chicks out scantily clad.

Thanks man. I'll do some research about those places

@Korrupt thanks man. For some reason I feel more excited about Warsaw and Budapest ?. I've heard great stories about Budapest. I'll definitely do some research about all the cities you mentioned. Also I would agree, I think June or summer in general is better for any city in Europe.

Do you have any opinion about Sofia, Bulgaria? Have you ever been or have any data about it? Also do you think it would be easy to navigate and run a day and night game in Warsaw without knowing a single word of the local language?

Quote: (02-16-2019 02:31 AM)International Playa Wrote:  

@Korrupt thanks man. For some reason I feel more excited about Warsaw and Budapest ?. I've heard great stories about Budapest. I'll definitely do some research about all the cities you mentioned. Also I would agree, I think June or summer in general is better for any city in Europe.

Do you have any opinion about Sofia, Bulgaria? Have you ever been or have any data about it? Also do you think it would be easy to navigate and run a day and night game in Warsaw without knowing a single word of the local language?

NP.

Warsaw and Budapest are both really great. Budapest has got some absolutely amazing architecture, lots of things to do and whole load of tourists and locals running through it. With all of the cities I mentioned, language won't really be an issue. Belgrade may be the only exception - by in large, i'd guess that 60%+ of 18-35 year olds that you're likely to approach would speak English.

Hmm Sofia is a weird one for me - I'd heard so much about hot Bulgarian chicks and when I visited, there were a lot of chicks but they were not hot. There's a main "walking street" there called Vitosha, which i only about 200m long but filled with restaurants and cafes and good for day gaming but as i said, it's slim pickings in terms of smokeshows. Personally, I wouldnt recommend it, but I only spent 3 nights there, so I may have caught it an off weekend.

Quote: (02-16-2019 03:50 AM)Korrupt Wrote:  

Quote: (02-16-2019 02:31 AM)International Playa Wrote:  

NP.

Warsaw and Budapest are both really great. Budapest has got some absolutely amazing architecture, lots of things to do and whole load of tourists and locals running through it. With all of the cities I mentioned, language won't really be an issue. Belgrade may be the only exception - by in large, i'd guess that 60%+ of 18-35 year olds that you're likely to approach would speak English.

Hmm Sofia is a weird one for me - I'd heard so much about hot Bulgarian chicks and when I visited, there were a lot of chicks but they were not hot. There's a main "walking street" there called Vitosha, which i only about 200m long but filled with restaurants and cafes and good for day gaming but as i said, it's slim pickings in terms of smokeshows. Personally, I wouldnt recommend it, but I only spent 3 nights there, so I may have caught it an off weekend.

From your recommendation and other threads I read I think I put my radar towards Budapest. I'm definitely going to hit Budapest this summer. I read a lot of good stuff about it. I will let you know how it went

Thanks again

Easily: Berlin (because of clubbing and hedonist culture), Ibiza (read some first hand accounts of what happens during the summer), Greek Coast in Summer (jet-setting nightlife destination).

Berlin is a good primer to the others, because you have a lot there other than nightlife. Think, great food scene, lots of art, hipster shit, central location etc. Berlin is popping year round. Look up Berghain if you want to see how crazy clubbing gets there. The party in Berlin never stops, and by cost standpoint, it's a great place to start.

Berlin is not sterile (read: the place sucks the life out of you, and clubs are dying there), billonaire high end magnet like London, yet is not a shitshow like many of the coastal places.

easily Berlin. Laws are catered towards partying, police won't check for drugs and clubs stay open until at least 10 a.m., sometimes even stay open multiple days in a row without closing.

I dont think there is something like "wild" nightlife. I have never seen that in my hometown or anywhere where I traveled. How would you define that? I see that people get drunk and get a bit more loose than normal, but its far from really wild or crazy.

I would have guessed Amsterdam would be in the top 3 but I guess not.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (02-19-2019 01:13 AM)droughtmeat Wrote:  

easily Berlin. Laws are catered towards partying, police won't check for drugs and clubs stay open until at least 10 a.m., sometimes even stay open multiple days in a row without closing.

Damn, I didnt know anglo cities partied that hard..Berlin almost sounds like a Latin american city.

Berlin has always been a hedonist Mecca, especially during the time of divided Berlin, it lent the place a party hard vibe that has continued to the present. In the 90s after reunification there was a dearth of abandoned warehouses that techno djs threw parties in. The warehouse scene is still vibrant to this day although many Berliners say the cops are starting to be tougher about these types of parties.

You'll be hard pressed to find another place where the clubs are open all weekend. Even native Berliners have a rep for partying hard. The bohemian spirit of the place ensures the party never stops. Even bars are oftentimes open to sunrise. Truly mindboggling for someone from the states or someone used to the shithole that is the UK and greater London.

Few places have a more debaucherous rep than Ibiza. I should make it clear I have never been, but as far as I know it's pretty much 24/7 partying during the summer with people from all over the world.

Season opens mid-May, if I'm not mistaken, so June would work for you.

I've been to Berlin during the Summer. I enjoyed it but the city is big, so nightlife is not that "dense". And it's Germany's capital - there's so much going you're not immersed in partying all day and night, which could be a plus or minus depending on your preference. I can't imagine it being more promiscuous than a beach party town, though.

Quote: (02-19-2019 11:47 AM)Ringo Wrote:  

Few places have a more debaucherous rep than Ibiza. I should make it clear I have never been, but as far as I know it's pretty much 24/7 partying during the summer with people from all over the world.

Season opens mid-May, if I'm not mistaken, so June would work for you.

I've been to Berlin during the Summer. I enjoyed it but the city is big, so nightlife is not that "dense". And it's Germany's capital - there's so much going you're not immersed in partying all day and night, which could be a plus or minus depending on your preference. I can't imagine it being more promiscuous than a beach party town, though.

Ibiza is good for guys who can spend 3 or 4k per night...or to take a girl and enjoy the beach and the bars.

Other than that is mainstream party for mainstream people, not for the typical rfv traveler.

Amnesia was the biggest sausage fest I have been in my life, like 9 guys to 1 girl, around 10k people and the only hot ones where in the upper floor VIP rooms, plus overexpensive drinks, a beer for 12€ and a whisky for 24€...this was 2013 so I imagine now even more expensive.

Pacha was a little better, but not much. And Ushuaia was OK. I have been also to the famous bars Bora-Bora and Cafe del Mar and both sucked, same as with the bars in the Marina, also been in Saint Antoni part of the island and it is full of druken brit chavs fighting each other.

Only place I really liked was Blue Marlin and it's Sunday party (which ironically has free entrance).a

Before you choose I'd advise you to have a look at what's going on on the exact dates you will be there!

If there's a public holiday near the weekend or similar, it's likely that locals leave to go to the countryside. I remember Vilnius being dead on a weekend I was there because of a national holiday.

Another thing to keep in mind is that many places in Eastern Europe attract hordes of sex tourists or stag party groups. Not necessarily going to affect you, but I have experienced girls being distant in Riga. Non-professional girls that is, the other ones might be too eager.

Budapest, Warsaw, Vilnius are all good places to go to. Berlin is the Mecca of techno clubbing. From what I've experienced it lacks variety i.e. you won't find mainstream, trendy, posh etc. Personally, I liked the day more than the night there. But that's personal preference plus I was there only for 2,5 days.

I'd throw in Tallinn as a suggestion, particularly if you go to Vilnius. Then Copenhagen and Amsterdam are pretty international and everybody speaks great English. I wouldn't choose them over Eastern Europe but it's an option, especially if you enjoyed Reykjavik.

If it won't matter in 30 years, it doesn't matter now.

My thoughts and memoirs: yourfriendtrent.wordpress.com

I'm kind of shocked nobody mentioned Hamburg. So I will: Hamburg.

Hamburg is a great city, awesome nightlife, even outside of teh Rapperbahn. Local chicks are pretty freindly and open.. Sternschanze neighborhood is full of students and fun bars. Hamburg does NOT get a lot of American tourists, you will be rather unique there. I didn't get much competition from guys either since the guys there are pretty standoff-ish even to women. During the day lots of cool museums and places to chill. Plenty of places stay open way way late, and even party into the next day.

Good luck and post an after-action description on which where you went and how it was.

Quote: (02-19-2019 01:35 PM)Trent W. Wrote:  

Before you choose I'd advise you to have a look at what's going on on the exact dates you will be there!

If there's a public holiday near the weekend or similar, it's likely that locals leave to go to the countryside. I remember Vilnius being dead on a weekend I was there because of a national holiday.

Another thing to keep in mind is that many places in Eastern Europe attract hordes of sex tourists or stag party groups. Not necessarily going to affect you, but I have experienced girls being distant in Riga. Non-professional girls that is, the other ones might be too eager.

Budapest, Warsaw, Vilnius are all good places to go to. Berlin is the Mecca of techno clubbing. From what I've experienced it lacks variety i.e. you won't find mainstream, trendy, posh etc. Personally, I liked the day more than the night there. But that's personal preference plus I was there only for 2,5 days.

I'd throw in Tallinn as a suggestion, particularly if you go to Vilnius. Then Copenhagen and Amsterdam are pretty international and everybody speaks great English. I wouldn't choose them over Eastern Europe but it's an option, especially if you enjoyed Reykjavik.

Not only in the hollydays but any city in the Baltics is dead on weekdays (either Riga, Vilnius, Tallin or smaller ones). This can be an important info for OP.

Same happens in most if not all FSU cities too.

Quote: (02-19-2019 09:57 AM)cruzinV Wrote:  

Damn, I didnt know anglo cities partied that hard..Berlin almost sounds like a Latin american city.
Sounds like the Berghain, which is the most infamous club in Germany. It is also very famous to be hard to get into, but I have no personal experience.
Additionally, a friend of mine, who lives in Berlin, said the club is more for gays...

Quote: (02-19-2019 02:49 PM)Sankt Michael Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2019 09:57 AM)cruzinV Wrote:  

Sounds like the Berghain, which is the most infamous club in Germany. It is also very famous to be hard to get into, but I have no personal experience.
Additionally, a friend of mine, who lives in Berlin, said the club is more for gays...

Berghain has a notorious door policy, and turns away a lot of people. It is basically a gay safespace. That being said, all sorts of people go there, because it really is the craziest party in Berlin.

Quote: (02-19-2019 11:07 AM)Heuristics Wrote:  

Berlin has always been a hedonist Mecca, especially during the time of divided Berlin, it lent the place a party hard vibe that has continued to the present. In the 90s after reunification there was a dearth of abandoned warehouses that techno djs threw parties in. The warehouse scene is still vibrant to this day although many Berliners say the cops are starting to be tougher about these types of parties.

You'll be hard pressed to find another place where the clubs are open all weekend. Even native Berliners have a rep for partying hard. The bohemian spirit of the place ensures the party never stops. Even bars are oftentimes open to sunrise. Truly mindboggling for someone from the states or someone used to the shithole that is the UK and greater London.

I'm actually surprised too. I didn't know there would be any official (not underground) bars/clubs in Western Europe that are open that late. Being used to the US where bars close at 2AM in most states really sucks. With the exception being Vegas and some places in Manhattan.

Quote: (02-19-2019 01:46 PM)Robert High Hawk Wrote:  

I'm kind of shocked nobody mentioned Hamburg. So I will: Hamburg.

Hamburg is a great city, awesome nightlife, even outside of teh Rapperbahn. Local chicks are pretty freindly and open.. Sternschanze neighborhood is full of students and fun bars. Hamburg does NOT get a lot of American tourists, you will be rather unique there. I didn't get much competition from guys either since the guys there are pretty standoff-ish even to women. During the day lots of cool museums and places to chill. Plenty of places stay open way way late, and even party into the next day.

Good luck and post an after-action description on which where you went and how it was.

Do you you remember any specific bars/clubs you visited when you were in Hamburg? It would be nice to know so I can check them out review-wise and see what people say about those

Quote: (02-19-2019 01:35 PM)Trent W. Wrote:  

You brought up a great point about checking out what's happening locally before I book a flight. Because I don't want to be there and the place is dead lol.

Also any recommended places in Budapest, Warsaw or Vilnius? Briefly if you could please tell me what was your experience like game-wise.

You mentioned Copenhagen, I was there in June 2017 for one night. I didn't really game because I was with a family friend, except that for every little non-serious approach I made in bars I was getting very positive feedback. I did see some scoring potentials there.

Consider also Madrid, though is not as wild as it was 10-15 years ago when it was undisputedly the party capital of Europe.

Quote: (02-19-2019 11:19 PM)International Playa Wrote:  

Quote: (02-19-2019 11:07 AM)Heuristics Wrote:  

I'm actually surprised too. I didn't know there would be any official (not underground) bars/clubs in Western Europe that are open that late. Being used to the US where bars close at 2AM in most states really sucks. With the exception being Vegas and some places in Manhattan.

Most of Europe clubs differently than the US. In other words, clubbing can be bearable, and not uber-expensive. While London is notably decreasing in quality, and Paris remains expensive and over-rated, there are a plethora of other options outside these two cites. Germany in particular deserves special attention because the country has always had a great clubbing scene, both mainstream and underground. Of course there are many other options too further East.