rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What really makes a Youtube channel successful?

I have a Youtube channel and of course I want to get lots of views, and especially lots of clicks on the link in my video descriptions that go to my site where I sell a service.

I've watched the videos and read the blogs, and I'm aware of the metrics and factors that people say contribute to a channel's success. I've tried implementing as many of them as I can.

But I've had very inconsistent results. At the moment, my daily views to the channel vary between 50 to 130 per day. I have 60 videos right now, and they're short (1 to 6 mins).

I've also thought about successful channels and how often they don't seem to follow the conventional advice. I'm able to see people's tags for their channels and videos and many of them are terrible.

Pewdiepie has the most embarrassingly terrible tags, and the same goes for many others, from the most successful to those that are doing well in their niche. And often their titles and thumbnails are merely ok, not great.

So, I'm now inclined to think that although the "rules" are valuable and do make a difference, it is possible to be successful without bothering with those rules too much.

They say that you should upload often or at least regularly, but I've seen channels that have very few videos and many, many views, subscribers, likes and comments.

Does anyone here have a Youtube channel that is doing well? What advice do you have? What is it that really makes a Youtube channel succeed?

I wouldn't mind posting a link to my channel, except that it might be against the rules, plus I don't want to get an influx of "artificial" views (I want to be able to monitor how I'm doing naturally).

But I will say that I do not appear on camera. My videos are just slideshows and music and sometimes captions.

That's not how we do things in Russia, comrade.

http://inspiredentrepreneur.weebly.com/

I'm curious why you don't want to appear on camera.

As a youtube viewer(not content creator- can't help you there), my opinion is that being able to see the person's face and body language is big. The few rare channels I sub to where this isn't the case basically have near professional animation, or are really engaging on an intellectual level.

It's probably more about the "connection" than even your looks. I would say if you look in the top 70-80%, maybe 90% in attractiveness(obesity aside) I would highly consider being on camera unless you have a really good reason(privacy).

As a casual viewer I gotta say content adequate for your target audience and good editing are probably the most important aspects. Learning marketing and cinematography helps film makers and I'm pretty sure it translates to youtubing too

The most stupid and useless channels that still have success all have a some kind of formula.
Take fake prank channels:
- click bait titles
- paid actors
- outrageous situations that only a kid would believe
- if specially desperate half-naked women parading in the video AND the thumbnail
- some reasonable editing and pro filming
- gullible target demographic

look at that shit with tens of millions views

You say your videos are only slides with music? That sounds like a sub par formula, slideshows are not easy on people's attention(reminds me of those boring college classes) and your music taste could not be the same as the audience's. Only way I could see it doing well is with music lyric videos
If that guy can sell his garbage to horny tweens you can sell your content too I'm sure

I am in the same boat. I do not create content but I do consume a lot of youtube. I engage in genres ranging from boxing, to bloomberg financial, vox, and casey neistat. I agree with The Catalyst and how important it is to put a name to a face. If you are about the slides, I also agree it has to be very easy to the eyes with congruent audio. Vox has tons of content with slides and information. See below.

You mentioned you are selling a service. I'd like to share Grant Cardone content below so you have a deeper view of how "attention" is a almost, if not THE deal breaker in selling ANYthing.This goes along elevating your viewership in YT.

Titles are huge. anything like "(WHOA!) bla bla bla" "Unreal such and such" "The truth about bla bla bla" "Exposing bla bla bla" the first word is key. That word ought to evoke the trigger to click.

Thumbnails have to be attractive and colors are important. Vox does an awesome job wit their informational vids. I am sharing their insight on the design of phone apps that make them addicting so you have another glance of attention success through colors and such.

Casey Neistat is a star youtuber and I am sharing one of his semi slide-show vids and how he became successful.

Hope this helps!
---
Type in Grant Cardone on YT and look arounf his channel - terrific content on sales and how to generate interest.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNg1WGme-KM (Grant Cardone)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6jzSuYs...dex=4&t=0s (Grant Cardone)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9xVWOfXW7U (Vox)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMa0QkPzns (Vox)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpQFtbFyaUw (Casey )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fknGY6Y-rps (Casey)

Basically you've just got to do whatever to get a lot of views (ie. clickbait, have titles that lots of people are searching for but aren't saturated yet, hop on viral trends) then hopefully provide good enough content that some of those viewers will stick around. Until you've got a decent following for your non-clickbait videos, just keep doing the clickbait ones. Eventually, you can legitimise yourself if you like. I have quite a lot of experience in this. PM me your channel link if you want more specific advice.

Quote: (02-07-2019 02:47 AM)the-dream Wrote:  

Basically you've just got to do whatever to get a lot of views (ie. clickbait, have titles that lots of people are searching for but aren't saturated yet, hop on viral trends) then hopefully provide good enough content that some of those viewers will stick around. Until you've got a decent following for your non-clickbait videos, just keep doing the clickbait ones. Eventually, you can legitimise yourself if you like. I have quite a lot of experience in this. PM me your channel link if you want more specific advice.

Yes clickbait is the way. I've changed a few thumbnails and now they show women in bikinis or women smiling (the channel is travel related and so it's kind of relevant) and I've also changed the titles and tags based on keyword research.

I'm now getting more views. But many of the views that I'm getting are for videos that have the same thumbnails as before, so I don't know what's going on. I'm starting to get the feeling that youtube rewards you with exposure whenever you make changes, any changes.

I'll send you a link to the channel.

Success on youtube:

- be female
- have tits
- have flat belly
- wear low cut top on camera
?????????????
PROFIT!

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

You right [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (02-07-2019 11:47 AM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

Success on youtube:

- be female
- have tits
- have flat belly
- wear low cut top on camera
?????????????
PROFIT!

And, if you don't have any of that, how do you feel about popping pimples, abscesses, carbuncles, ingrown hairs, and the like?

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (02-07-2019 03:40 PM)debeguiled Wrote:  

And, if you don't have any of that, how do you feel about popping pimples, abscesses, carbuncles, ingrown hairs, and the like?

I thought about asking which girl is doing that and getting views, but I'd rather not look [Image: sick.gif][Image: sick.gif][Image: sick.gif]

On a serious note, I would be interested in hearing legit tips about this, I've had a channel since 2006 but only put up around 1 video a year until early 2018 where I started putting more into it. Now I'm probably too late since the golden age of getting big easily is long behind us now that the market is so saturated.

Case-in-point, check out this bitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe-FwNHifb0

A redhead 5 plays retro games and has 18,000 subscribers and 50k video views.

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

There are 2 ways to be succesful at youtube.

1. Be a woman
2. Grind

The grinding process consists of a bunch of things.
1. You need to find your niche (what group does your content appeal to)
2. You need to establish fame (who likes what you have to say)
3. You HAVE to have valuable content. (do people actually watch and like your content)
4. You have to socialize. (The more people see you the more people will watch your content)

Think of it like this, Youtube is going to put the most valuable videos (based on your search) higher than newcomer videos. They do this because the more "valuable" videos have better chances of bringing in money. Likable channels have established themselves as valuable in many ways.

1. You try to get a comment pinned or liked by MANY people on MANY different videos. This will not only get your channel seen by more people but it will cause youtube to "view" you as more important, the more videos the better.
2. Buying ads work but don't do them for every video, do them for your most important videos and make that video seem like a intro to your channel (dont make it your intro but make the viewers demand more)
3. Try to work with bigger channels. They don't have to be upper echelon but as long as they're mid-tier you're fine.
4. Tags are still important but NOWHERE NEAR as important as the golden days. Make your tags precise and minimum. Have a maximum of 8 tags.
5. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. Talk to your viewers, the viewers of other channels that share the same content, Work to get your channel seen.
6. Share your page as much as often, If youtube believes your channel brings in more viewers then they will "promote" you in a way.

Bonus. You have to be a bit click baity.

Ofcourse there are easier ways but many channels thrive due to this format. I've made 3 different youtube channels all dealing with music. 1 has 10k subs, the other has 35k and one only has 2k. the 35k one and the 10k one followed this format. The 2k one followed the old format.

Quote: (02-07-2019 04:35 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  

5. COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT. Talk to your viewers, the viewers of other channels that share the same content, Work to get your channel seen.
6. Share your page as much as often, If youtube believes your channel brings in more viewers then they will "promote" you in a way.

Well I wouldn't mind commenting on other people's videos, and making references to my videos. But wouldn't that be considered spam? What would Youtube think of it? Wouldn't I get in trouble? Would the person whose channel it is be pissed off? If not, I'd be happy to do it all day long.

Quote: (02-07-2019 04:21 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

I've had a channel since 2006 but only put up around 1 video a year until early 2018 where I started putting more into it. Now I'm probably too late since the golden age of getting big easily is long behind us now that the market is so saturated.

No don't give up. I don't believe markets get saturated. There's always plenty of room for more.

I have another channel and I made a 41 second video on it about 3 years ago and when someone showed it to me recently it had over 11,000 views. On another channel one video got over 7,000 views. That's with no promotion or adding any more videos (for both channels).

And the channel that I'm working on now, I abandoned it for 10 months but it still grew in terms of views in that time, in fact that's why I decided to continue with it.

I think Youtube is the only platform online where you can just put up a couple of things and get results with minimum effort. It's much more fruitful than blogging.

The challenge is converting views into clicks/sales.

Quote: (02-07-2019 07:44 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

Quote: (02-07-2019 04:35 PM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  

Well I wouldn't mind commenting on other people's videos, and making references to my videos. But wouldn't that be considered spam? What would Youtube think of it? Wouldn't I get in trouble? Would the person whose channel it is be pissed off? If not, I'd be happy to do it all day long.
No don't promote your channel, simply have conversations with people.

Suggestions:

You can funnel your social media hits to YouTube like from instagram.

You need great editing and camera quality.

You have to personalize your content. Having shadowy content that reads like power point slides can work, but you need to have mass appeal with content that is very broad reaching to draw a large audience.

Another thing to add, is there creating high quality infrographuc or animated type of content may take more time and resources versus just having someone speak into a camera - keep that in mind. It's all good when you're getting YouTube money to make content but it's a grind when you're pumping 20 hours to make 40 mins of content.

If you don't want to be the face or voice, then look into collaboration with someone who can do that for you..Nothing worse than bad voice and face on YouTube, not evreyone is cut our for camera time.lots of good channels suffer from soyboys with bad camer presence.

Click bait is an evil you must play with.

Doing collaborations with prominent other YouTube creators helps. You could also target will known people in your neiche as well.

Do a collaboration with a hot girl or your girlfriend.

You will need to buy YouTube advertising - IMO yoyutin rigs the game and you won't get to that level unless you peel them off some cash to get your videos prominent placement in the "suggestion video" bar.

With a content strategy you can get to 100k subscribers in 1.5 years or less of you plan it correctly.

You should study other YouTube channel and take note of thier "Most Popular" videos, make note of the top 5 and you start to notice trends among the more popular YouTube content creators.
-----

Case Study #1
Kai Bent-Lee -- The race to 100k

A good case study is Toronto dude Kai Bent-Lee. This guy
.is the son of known Chef Sursur Lee and grew up with money. He is a nobody really outside of Toronto but he wanted to be a YouTube celebrity. He built up his channel quickly just making vlogs and showing off his lifestyle. He was savvy to understand click bait and collaborations. He was fucking Chantell Jeffries for a quick minute and leverage that into click bait for his channel by doing a free connotation videos with her. He quickly settled into a neiche of clothing and built up 100k subs in a little over a year.

His moment helps him get interesting experience content of course but he used layman tactics and savvy hustle to grow his chest very quickly.

---

Case Study #2

Dan Lok - The sleeping dragon unleashed

He has created content for many years but recently in the last 2 years he has aggressively chased growth on his channel and has updated the look and presentation of his videos. His channel is good as you can study in a time sequence his videos and the views they get. He went from getting a few thousand views to know having 1 million subscribers and averaging 30-50k I'm views upon drop. He aggressively advertised, but also redid his content to be more speaking and aesthetic driven.

I'm just eating for this guy to do a home run collaboration, him and Grant Cardone would break YouTube for the audience they go after

Quote: (02-06-2019 08:03 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

So, I'm now inclined to think that although the "rules" are valuable and do make a difference, it is possible to be successful without bothering with those rules too much.

They say that you should upload often or at least regularly, but I've seen channels that have very few videos and many, many views, subscribers, likes and comments.

Does anyone here have a Youtube channel that is doing well? What advice do you have? What is it that really makes a Youtube channel succeed?

I have several channels that are doing well. My biggest videos have over a million views (on a variety of subjects). The "rules" matter, but it depends what you are trying to do. Here are some tips:

Get Subscribers. Once you have lots of subscribers, every time you release a video it gets promoted to your subscribers and you'll immediately get lots of views. If you have 100,000 subscribers you could get 2000 views the first day your video is out. Then it will move up in the internal YouTube search and you will continue to get views. So getting subscribers should be one of your biggest objectives.

Do well in search. This is probably the rules you are talking about. But there are two aspects to YouTube search. One is the classic search and the other is the results that appear in the sidebar next to your video. The basic rules are keywords (in title too not just tags) and engagement. Engagement means everything You Tube can measure (sharing, comments, likes, watch time, etc). The sidebar results are more like "you might also like". YT chooses those videos based so your objective is to get people to click on your video when it shows up. So for both of these searches, the thumbnail is hugely important. Can I say that again? The thumbnail is huge! As guys have pointed out if guys think they will see tits they will click. But if the thumbnail isn't actually from your video, or it is too provocative two things can happen. Haters will report it and then your video can get deleted, or it can get banned from running ads.

Promote your own videos. That means use the channel customizing tools to get attention for the videos you want people to watch, use the end tags/annotations and so on.

Get a Strong Start. None of the above stuff will work very well if you are starting from zero. You need to have at least have one video that gets lots of views to get people onto your channel, subscribing and watching other videos. If you have a website you can embed videos on there (especially your high traffic pages). That gets you engagement points and traffic. Also post them on social media. You'll notice that any video that you promoted up until it gets a few thousand views will remain one of your best videos compared to any none promoted videos.

The way YouTube is set up, as long as your channel as a whole provides some kind of value, any video on the channel can get big if you follow the tips above. Quality is important, but less important than getting people to watch it for awhile. So if you have good info and bad production you can succeed. Of course it's better if the video is really good.

Once you have a video that gets thousands of views per day, anything you promote on there will get some clicks. But you have to be careful because a lot of people out there get jealous when you are successful and they will report you for link spam, spam your channel, bot you, you name it. So don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you want to do YouTube you need a backup channel that you promote at least a little and maybe has different videos. That way if your first channel runs into trouble, you won't have to start over from zero. Also you can cross promote between these channels (remember engagement?)

If one day you get to the point where you think you are making a living off of YouTube, that's the day when you should find a new revenue stream, because google can and will delete your video or your channel, ban you from running ads or do all kinds of other stuff whenever they feel like it.

Quote: (02-08-2019 10:45 AM)JohnQPublic Wrote:  

Quote: (02-06-2019 08:03 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

I have several channels that are doing well. My biggest videos have over a million views (on a variety of subjects). The "rules" matter, but it depends what you are trying to do. Here are some tips:

Get Subscribers. Once you have lots of subscribers, every time you release a video it gets promoted to your subscribers and you'll immediately get lots of views. If you have 100,000 subscribers you could get 2000 views the first day your video is out. Then it will move up in the internal YouTube search and you will continue to get views. So getting subscribers should be one of your biggest objectives.

Do well in search. This is probably the rules you are talking about. But there are two aspects to YouTube search. One is the classic search and the other is the results that appear in the sidebar next to your video. The basic rules are keywords (in title too not just tags) and engagement. Engagement means everything You Tube can measure (sharing, comments, likes, watch time, etc). The sidebar results are more like "you might also like". YT chooses those videos based so your objective is to get people to click on your video when it shows up. So for both of these searches, the thumbnail is hugely important. Can I say that again? The thumbnail is huge! As guys have pointed out if guys think they will see tits they will click. But if the thumbnail isn't actually from your video, or it is too provocative two things can happen. Haters will report it and then your video can get deleted, or it can get banned from running ads.

Promote your own videos. That means use the channel customizing tools to get attention for the videos you want people to watch, use the end tags/annotations and so on.

Get a Strong Start. None of the above stuff will work very well if you are starting from zero. You need to have at least have one video that gets lots of views to get people onto your channel, subscribing and watching other videos. If you have a website you can embed videos on there (especially your high traffic pages). That gets you engagement points and traffic. Also post them on social media. You'll notice that any video that you promoted up until it gets a few thousand views will remain one of your best videos compared to any none promoted videos.

The way YouTube is set up, as long as your channel as a whole provides some kind of value, any video on the channel can get big if you follow the tips above. Quality is important, but less important than getting people to watch it for awhile. So if you have good info and bad production you can succeed. Of course it's better if the video is really good.

Once you have a video that gets thousands of views per day, anything you promote on there will get some clicks. But you have to be careful because a lot of people out there get jealous when you are successful and they will report you for link spam, spam your channel, bot you, you name it. So don't put all your eggs in one basket. If you want to do YouTube you need a backup channel that you promote at least a little and maybe has different videos. That way if your first channel runs into trouble, you won't have to start over from zero. Also you can cross promote between these channels (remember engagement?)

If one day you get to the point where you think you are making a living off of YouTube, that's the day when you should find a new revenue stream, because google can and will delete your video or your channel, ban you from running ads or do all kinds of other stuff whenever they feel like it.

Thanks for the advice.

I have 27 subscribers, 60 videos, and I've been around for just over a year. I get the feeling that my subscribers don't view my videos much.

At the time of writing this, I've had 203 views in the last 48 hours, and 4 in the last hour. The 48 hour number (203) is the highest it's been for 2 weeks. I changed all the titles and some thumbnails (women in bikinis or smiling) and I think that's the reason, although, mysteriously, the ones that I changed the thumbnails for haven't had a lot more views. It seems that the channel as a whole is getting more views all of a sudden.

So I'm starting to wonder if youtube likes it when you make changes to your channel as a whole, regardless of what those changes are. I don't know.

My best performing videos have 1.7K, 1.5K, 1.2K, 1.1K, 938 and 924 views. I've posted all the links to all videos on Twitter.

At the end of my videos I have popup thingies that show playlists, and another one to click to subscribe. All videos are in playlists. Also On the bottom right I have a little red box to subscribe. In the videos themselves I tell viewers to like, share, comment and subscribe, and I also mention it in the descriptions.

My channels tags are the same as all the tags for the videos, and I think they're pretty good, based on some research.

My titles contain keywords, and also (brackets) and the current year, which I hear is a good thing to have. For example : Best XXX (XXX : XXX) 2019.

By the way I have no interest in making money from ads. From what I hear, most people don't make much. My interest is in promoting my service. Every video is essentially an ad for my service, and has a call to action saying click on the link below.

My content isn't controversial. I can't imagine the thought police banning me.

I'm mentioning this so you get an idea of where I'm at.

Quote: (02-06-2019 09:17 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

I'm just eating for this guy to do a home run collaboration, him and Grant Cardone would break YouTube for the audience they go after

Glad to see there's a friend here that acknowledges Grant Cardone - like he says, money follows attention.

Sounds like you are on the right track. Now you need to get one or two videos up to a few thousand more views. Maybe buy some YT ads.

Quote: (02-08-2019 01:23 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

By the way I have no interest in making money from ads. From what I hear, most people don't make much. My interest is in promoting my service. Every video is essentially an ad for my service, and has a call to action saying click on the link below.

My content isn't controversial. I can't imagine the thought police banning me.

I'm mentioning this so you get an idea of where I'm at.

At your current viewership rate, you can't make much money from ads, but if they get big you can make a lot. One time somebody posted one video from my channel on Reddit. Nobody was watching that video at all, but it made it to the Reddit home page because for some reason 14-17yo gamers thought it was cool. The video got 200,000 views in 2 days and it made $400 in those two days. I just had one pre-roll ad on it. If the video had been more popular i would have been running 3-4 ads on it (with midrolls) and make a lot more money.

One other important thing about the recommended videos on the sidebar is that YT only recommends videos at around the same viewership level as your video. So if your video has 1000 views, they aren't going to recommend it next to a video with 50,000 views/day. But once you have a few hundred thousand views, you will be getting recommended next to some monster videos, so it starts to snowball. That's why it's so important to get some videos up to higher levels of views.

The rules are always changing, so there's no way to know what google will ban. guys get demonetized for swear words when they don't really have any.

If you're selling a product or service, as I am, what is considered a good view-to-click (to link in description) rate? Right now mine is almost 0.

I have a call to action in every video, and a link in the descriptions. I don't understand why no one wants to click on that link, even out of sheer curiosity.

Sometimes I think that maybe almost none of my viewers are potential customers (they just like watching videos), and sometimes I think maybe I'm not doing something right, as in enticing them to watch the whole thing and click that damn link. It's not easy to know which it is.

My average watch time for most videos is pretty low, which is not good because my call to action is at the end. I've tried using so many different keywords that relate to my content and which surely would be used by my potential customers, but nothing seems to work.

Quote: (02-13-2019 06:45 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

If you're selling a product or service, as I am, what is considered a good view-to-click (to link in description) rate? Right now mine is almost 0.

I have a call to action in every video, and a link in the descriptions. I don't understand why no one wants to click on that link, even out of sheer curiosity.

Sometimes I think that maybe almost none of my viewers are potential customers (they just like watching videos), and sometimes I think maybe I'm not doing something right, as in enticing them to watch the whole thing and click that damn link. It's not easy to know which it is.

My average watch time for most videos is pretty low, which is not good because my call to action is at the end. I've tried using so many different keywords that relate to my content and which surely would be used by my potential customers, but nothing seems to work.

I think the click to view ratio is very low. I tried an affiliate link in YT video description strategy for a product that was selling very well on a website I have once, but it was on a very small YT channel. The biggest video was getting about 20-30 views/day and after one year I had exactly 0 sales. I couldn't see how many clicks I got, just where the referral came from if there was a sale and there were none from the YouTube link.

I think most people who get people to click on something are doing product review or comparison videos with a link to the products in the description. It's against YouTube terms of use to make videos with the objective of getting people to leave YouTube, but they seem to think this is kosher. While you may see lots of videos with links to other stuff, if they ever get big the video or the channel gets deleted.The one exception is that you are allowed to specify a website and social media links to your channel on the About page. It's OK to link to those in the video descriptions.

People go to YouTube to watch videos. So your strategy needs to be built around content. If you want to make money on YT I know two ways. You either try to get as big a channel as possible and make money from ads or you use YouTube as part of a bigger strategy to promote something.

If you want to drive people to some link, you should have a website and a Facebook page (or instagram depending on the product). Then YT and FB can help promote the website, plus people are more likely to click your website link than some random affiliate link, especially if it looks like an affiliate link. Then you can share/embed YT videos in your website and social media. Finally you advertise on FB and drive them to your FB page where the YT videos are embedded and you also have links to your website and your products. Some people (maybe most) think facebook ads should link to a website. I never do that, I always link to the facebook page.

That's really cutting the strategy down to the chase and if there are 4 ways to do each one of these things, maybe 3 of them don't work, but when done correctly each channel supports another, you get economies of scale from ad dollars and the whole thing works.

Quote: (02-06-2019 09:17 PM)The Catalyst Wrote:  

I'm curious why you don't want to appear on camera.

As a youtube viewer(not content creator- can't help you there), my opinion is that being able to see the person's face and body language is big. The few rare channels I sub to where this isn't the case basically have near professional animation, or are really engaging on an intellectual level.

It's probably more about the "connection" than even your looks. I would say if you look in the top 70-80%, maybe 90% in attractiveness(obesity aside) I would highly consider being on camera unless you have a really good reason(privacy).

Being a dissident is dangerous.

I thought of an idea, I wonder if anyone can tell me if this would be acceptable (allowed by Youtube).

What if I do a search for my top key phrases, then pick those videos that show up first, and also have lots of views, and lots of recent comments, and then I comment, saying something relevant and helpful, without making a reference to my channel or videos. And what if I do this en masse (i.e. on many channels - I don't mean multiple times on the same video), using the same text?

Quote: (02-15-2019 08:28 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

I thought of an idea, I wonder if anyone can tell me if this would be acceptable (allowed by Youtube).

What if I do a search for my top key phrases, then pick those videos that show up first, and also have lots of views, and lots of recent comments, and then I comment, saying something relevant and helpful, without making a reference to my channel or videos. And what if I do this en masse (i.e. on many channels - I don't mean multiple times on the same video), using the same text?
That'll work but you'll have to still get a lot of likes. The best thing to do (what I did to get my channel up) is to wait for a new video from a popular channel that shares interest with yours (ex. if you're doing pick up videos then subscribe to a RSd todd video) and post some funny/interesting/charming thing as soon as their video drops.

This got one of my channels 1000 subs in a month.

The best way to do this is to have the notification go to your phone and have a funny comment ready.

Quote: (02-17-2019 02:33 AM)Donfitz007 Wrote:  

Quote: (02-15-2019 08:28 PM)Vladimir Poontang Wrote:  

That'll work but you'll have to still get a lot of likes. The best thing to do (what I did to get my channel up) is to wait for a new video from a popular channel that shares interest with yours (ex. if you're doing pick up videos then subscribe to a RSd todd video) and post some funny/interesting/charming thing as soon as their video drops.

This got one of my channels 1000 subs in a month.

The best way to do this is to have the notification go to your phone and have a funny comment ready.

Will you get in trouble if you do that a lot? What if you use the same comment?