rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why do I ALWAYS get sick in SE Asia?

So in the past 2 yrs I’ve been to Thailand , Philippines and Vietnam and in every single country I always get sick , where I throw up for a full day , maybe four / five times , then spend 2 days recovering eating very little. Had this in every country.

I’ve tried all sorts to combat it :
-No street food
-No ice
-No local water
-Only eat cooked food
-Only eat at decent restaurants
-Take pro biotics before and during holiday
-Anti bac gel wash hands a lot

The only place I didnt get sick was Indonesia ..

Any tips or advice I might be missing ?

I just view it as the cost of travelling/having sex with ladyboys.

I stay usually in 4-5 star hotels and still usually get sick but it does reduce the odds especially only eating in the hotel they do have some reputation to hold. I would add to be careful of the meat.

My worst was probably in Krabi in Thailand, had lunch somewhere (decent looking restaurant) and later all of a sudden my head went into a spin and I was vomited really badly and had to be put on a drip in the hospital.

I also get sick often in SEA. I noticed it's always due to one of those 2 reasons :

- because of a girl I fucked. Sometimes it was because the had tonsilitis, UTI, or chlamydia. It's always when i'm fucking a lot of new girls that I get that. Usually it lasts one or 2 weeks, i feel depressed and tired and i must take medicine. Most of the times it could have been avoided by a) sniffing the pussy to check for odors or/and b) wearing a condom

- second reason is some random restaurant didn't have fresh meat or fresh seafood (happened to me 2 or 3 times). I will have a headache a few hours later and maybe throw up the same day. Next day i will be fine. Usually i have a weird feeling the meat is not very fresh and i could have avoided it by maintaining strict standards when trying the food.

Because you have a weak immune system. Duh.

I used to get some serious throat infections from licking pussy in SEA.

I also almost always get sick when I travel to SE Asia.

The answer is because most of the region is a shithole. Cheao, relatively safe, nice food, warm, easy girls, but still a shithole.

I'll be coming back though.

Some of us have fragile constitutions that can't be changed. South America was rough on me.

Only eating at decent recents doesn’t mean they have Western levels of hygiene standards.

Notwithstanding, I’d say you have a very sensitive constitution if your sickness is as severe as you say it is.

I’ll usually get the shits for a few days, and that’s it.

The humidity is what knocks me around the most. Feel like sleeping early to recover.

I used to get sick a lot when I first came to SEA, like once a month. But after a year of living here, the frequency in which I got sick became less and less, and when I did get sick, the symptoms became milder. Probably because my immune system probably adjusted after living here a long time.

It's all a different set of Bacteria your body needs to adjust to, its not always food poisoning.

Street food in Thailand safer than some posh restaurants from my experience.

Ice in Phuket is safe.

delete

Because it’s not clean.

does anyone had a problem with dirty aircons?
In some rooms I"ve got a sore throat in the morning after aircon works all night... suppose some of those could get really dirty without frequent cleanings.

Here's a curious question, how much fiber do you take?

I used to get upset stomachs when traveling. Didn't matter where.

I don't vomit like you do thankfully.

Grab some fiber pills and take a whole bunch. You might still get sick, but your body will be able to scrub out whatever is building up in your gut at a faster pace hopefully avoiding your meet up with the porcelain goddess.

Quote: (01-27-2019 07:55 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Some of us have fragile constitutions that can't be changed. South America was rough on me.

In the past I believed this theory, but I discovered that eating healthy, exercising, and keeping a positive mindset directly impacts your immune system. I also discovered the miracle of natural remedies.

Just to cite one example, when I was younger I would catch a cold or a flu several times per winter. Now I often go for years without catching either. My seven or eight year streak without catching a cold or a flu (I actually lost count) ended last year when I finally caught a cold.

I always travel with a health kit with natural cures that can perform multiple functions and deal with multiple ailments (as a space saver). I wrote about it here -- and I also recommended a book (which you can purchase for a few dollars) that discusses the general concept:

thread-48530...pid1609568

I typically travel with ginger, activated charcoal, and peppermint oil for stomach issues -- and Echinacea, Vitamin C, grapefruit seed extract, and zinc to prop up my immune system. I also pack Ibuprofen, Imodium AD tablets, and sea salt (for gargling away sore throats). I might also take a few other trip specific items. I carry everything in one or two pack-it cubes. These items take up very little space but provide a world of protection when you need it.

Just as you discovered a multitude of healthy uses for apple cider vinegar, nature provides many other natural cures. It is just a matter of educating yourself and then applying that knowledge. The best tip that I can provide is to build up your immune system just before going on an international trip, where your body will be under a variety of different stresses.

“norovirus”. I constantly go to Central America, and it awaits me every time

Decent local restaurant, you can skip that one.
Their standards are different.

What I don´t see on your list,
skip salads, the vegetables are often washed with local water, and the second thing it is handled by peoples hands. So I also skip salads or other things which might be washed in water.

Quote: (01-27-2019 07:08 PM)asdfk Wrote:  

AIDS?

its your diet, and lack of exercise, not enough vegetables and fruits and lean proteins and various other foods will cause it man. i dont think ive gotten the flu in like 10 years, when i travel i eat the food and everything is fine. Get some multivitamins and take those plus eat some yogurt, and have at least one apple a day. whole grains breads, and try and have chicken and fish more often than red meat.

With the bases loaded all we needs a hit boy ima still swing for the fences, I guess you tend to over do it, when you come up under-privileged

When I first moved to Asia from Australia, I had the same problem for the first few months, always sick. However, I gradually developed a stronger immune system. My main issues was lack of sleep & eating local food which I wasn't used to (Too oily!).

Quote: (01-28-2019 02:49 AM)JackinMelbourne Wrote:  

Quote: (01-27-2019 07:08 PM)asdfk Wrote:  

ADS?

You do not need to have AIDS to have a sub-optimal immune system that allows bacteria, viruses, and toxins to proliferate, which a strong immune system would otherwise eradicate. The creation of a sub-optimal immune system simply requires any one of the following: poor diet and nutrition, lack of exercise, lack of proper hydration, lack of sleep, lack of adequate quality sleep because of light or noise, stress (physical, mental, or emotional), lack of adequate hygiene, etc. If you experience a combination of these conditions, rather than just one, then your problems are magnified exponentially.

If you did not throw up everytime I would say maybe your body is not used to asian spices/oils. This happens in dogs. If you change a dog's diet, the dog will have the shits,because its digestive system is not used to the food.

So then I would recommend to go to 711 in thailand get the fermented milk and drink it for a few days or even everyday. [Image: 18-thai-yakult.jpg] So I am not sure in your case. Try cooking things yourself perhaps.

Boil rice , and then cook ground beef or chicken. Keep your diet simple and cook for yourself. Problem solved.
Get an airbnb so you can do this.

I used to get the flu every year and had a lot of injuries when I was younger. But I started taking a supplement called Beyond Tangy Tangerine. I've only been sick or injured once in the last five years and that was last month from a Colombiana. I've posted some details on this in a few threads. It's got vitamins, minerals, micro-nutrients, anti-oxidants, pro-biotics, enzymes, stuff for joints and probably more that I am missing. If you are in the US it costs about $300 for a year's supply. You need the powder, not the tablets, which have less in them. There's also a similar, but less complete, more geared for bodybuilders one called AnimalPak. If I'm at home I alternate between the two.

I don't know think there's anything that will protect you from girls' bacteria etc.

You just need to build up your immune system and each country is different. It's pretty common to get some kind of stomach bug.

I've actually found that your list is the quickest way to guarantee you get sick because you build up no tolerance. You're basically a perfect little Petri dish of an ecosystem for the bad bugs to do their best to you the second that one finds it's way in because you're making such an intense effort to not have any bugs in the system.

Basically the only times I personally get sick is when I follow a list like this and try and live in a bubble in a country that it just isn't possible. It's funny, every person I know who does that whole anti-bacterial gel shit gets sick as a dog, all you're doing is creating a nice clearing for the bacteria to land, basically the sickliest people I know are the ones who use that crap.

Ultimately this is the price you pay for extended periods in SEA.

Quote: (01-28-2019 01:23 PM)JimBobsCooters Wrote:  

You just need to build up your immune system and each country is different. It's pretty common to get some kind of stomach bug.

I've actually found that your list is the quickest way to guarantee you get sick because you build up no tolerance. You're basically a perfect little Petri dish of an ecosystem for the bad bugs to do their best to you the second that one finds it's way in because you're making such an intense effort to not have any bugs in the system.

Basically the only times I personally get sick is when I follow a list like this and try and live in a bubble in a country that it just isn't possible. It's funny, every person I know who does that whole anti-bacterial gel shit gets sick as a dog, all you're doing is creating a nice clearing for the bacteria to land, basically the sickliest people I know are the ones who use that crap.

Ultimately this is the price you pay for extended periods in SEA.

In essence, you are saying that you must expose yourself to local pathogens, get sick, and then build up your immune system. That is one way to acclimate yourself to local pathogens. That is the stupid way.

A healthy immune system is impervious to pathogens. Unless you just get unlucky, if you build up your immune system before an international trip you will either not get sick or just experience some very mild discomfort.

If your hypothesis (that you must first get sick to get acclimated to the local pathogens) was correct, then mankind would have never survived the black plague. Those with the healthiest immune systems did not get the plague. Those with somewhat less robust immune systems caught it, but survived. Everyone with weak, or even average, immune systems died.