rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Life Destroyed: Meteorologist Accidentally Mispronounces MLK's Name and Fired on Spot

Life Destroyed: Meteorologist Accidentally Mispronounces MLK's Name and Fired on Spot

TLDR: A meteorologist, while speaking quickly, said "Martin Luther Coon Park", and quickly corrrected himself by saying "King". His termination of employment was immediate. This same mistake was made a few years back by an ESPN reporter who kept his job.

I'm going to give the forum a chance to guess why the two were treated differently.

Ready?

Jeremy Kappell was the one fired. The one who kept his job, well you guessed it, (((Mike Greenberg))).

Videos included of each event:

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/sto...508535002/

CNN being fucking assholes and running this as a headline article and taking everything out of context, as well as Kappell's apology video:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/07/us/new-yo...index.html

His wife in the apology video is quite pleasant and you can tell she's really upset. They both seem like nice people. Between this and my morning espresso my blood pressure is through the roof.

EDIT: The apology video is on the first link as well if you don't want to click CNN.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

I listened to the YouTube a few times this morning. It actually sounded like “koong” based on the audible evidence. I don’t think we can objectively say that he actually uttered the slur, so it really does sound like an unintentional slip.

The most infamous case of this sort of screwup from someone who kept his job is Wolf Blitzer during Katrina.

I wonder whether Blitzer would have gotten away with this in today's hyper-PC political climate.

I thought it was gonna come out that he said, "Martin Luther Kang Park".

G

It is important to have an awareness that we live in a post-Christian society now. That means virtues like forgiveness are off the table. Because forgiveness is now not a cultural value, this means apologies are to be dispensed with as well. In a post-Christian climate, apologies are simply used as prima facie evidence of guilt and used to further ensure punishment.

I'm not sure what I would have done in his situation, but there is zero chance I would have tendered a public apology the way he did. The first order of business is to know the climate you're operating in and in this climate, apologies are undignified and ineffective. A post-Christian society simply has no use for genuine contrition. It of course goes without saying that his firing was outrageous and wrong---I wish him the best of luck.

We suffer more in our own minds than we do in reality.
-Seneca

Quote: (01-08-2019 09:43 AM)Geomann180 Wrote:  

I thought it was gonna come out that he said, "Martin Luther Kang Park".

G

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

There is still plenty of forgiveness if you are a criminal, like the woman recently who murdered someone in cold blood and was pardoned by the governor. It is just that they are running out of victims. The people who are dumb enough to say anything racial in public are now all gone so they are left to persecuting people who make innocent mistakes.

Rico... Sauve....

Quote: (01-08-2019 09:54 AM)Buck Wild Wrote:  

It is important to have an awareness that we live in a post-Christian society now. That means virtues like forgiveness are off the table. Because forgiveness is now not a cultural value, this means apologies are to be dispensed with as well. In a post-Christian climate, apologies are simply used as prima facie evidence of guilt and used to further ensure punishment.

I'm not sure what I would have done in his situation, but there is zero chance I would have tendered a public apology the way he did. The first order of business is to know the climate you're operating in and in this climate, apologies are undignified and ineffective. A post-Christian society simply has no use for genuine contrition. It of course goes without saying that his firing was outrageous and wrong---I wish him the best of luck.

Great post! Let me take your thoughts even further.

A post-Christian society also means all the old sins are null and void (i.e. adultery, sodomy, etc). They've been replaced by new ones like racism, sexism, and misogyny.

This is why we now have massive over-reactions to someone mis-speaking. It's the modern equivalent of committing adultery and having to wear a scarlet letters.

The corporate media now functions as the New Church. Anyone who goes against its teachings gets branded a heretic. The punishment is banishment from mainstream society and economic excommunication (losing your jobs, getting thrown off Patreon).

What's most troubling, though, isn't all of the above. It's the fact that the majority of Americans blindly follow along and get angry at you if you try and point this out to them. It's like questioning the bible back in the old days.

Quote: (01-08-2019 11:05 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

Quote: (01-08-2019 09:54 AM)Buck Wild Wrote:  

Great post! Let me take your thoughts even further.

A post-Christian society also means all the old sins are null and void (i.e. adultery, sodomy, etc). They've been replaced by new ones like racism, sexism, and misogyny.

This is why we now have massive over-reactions to someone mis-speaking. It's the modern equivalent of committing adultery and having to wear a scarlet letters.

The corporate media now functions as the New Church. Anyone who goes against its teachings gets branded a heretic. The punishment is banishment from mainstream society and economic excommunication (losing your jobs, getting thrown off Patreon).

What's most troubling, though, isn't all of the above. It's the fact that the majority of Americans blindly follow along and get angry at you if you try and point this out to them. It's like questioning the bible back in the old days.

I saw a post a couple of years ago comparing a young woman living in NYC in the 50's with one today. They portrayed the girl in the 50's as being very careful about who she slept with, with only a fiancé or a husband being acceptable. She also had a negative opinion of other women who did not follow this approach, and judged them on their choices. On the other hand, she didn't have that much of an opinion of what kind of food she should eat (other than not eating too much). She didn't have much of an opinion about the kinds of food other women ate.

The modern girl was very open sexually, and was willing to sleep with a lot of different kinds of people. She felt it was important for her to be free to sleep with anybody, and she didn't have much of an opinion either way as to who other women were sleeping with. On the other hand, she felt it was very important to eat certain kinds of food, such as organic, fair trade, vegan, and gluten free, and she was very concerned with being seen as someone who eats trendy food from trendy places. She also had strong opinions about what other people should eat, and judged them on their choices.

The old values have been fundamentally replaced, to the point where people today can't even put themselves in the mindset to see how people used to view things.

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

Poor bastard. I hate stuff like this, the man made a mistake -he is not a racist or deserving of this punishment.

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

I have no idea how you could possibly mispronounce "King" as "Coon Park".

"Martin Luther Coon Park"? WTF?

Quote: (01-08-2019 01:07 PM)Brother Abdul Majeed Wrote:  

It was supposed to be Martin Luther King Park. He only switched King for Coon. I often stumble over my words, and have to repeat what I meant to say with correct enunciation. The question is whether his tongue got twisted, or if he had a Freudian slip. Either way it shouldn't be a firing offense. I'm sure he would never do this on purpose in a work situation.

Here's a tongue twister I found with the word King in it!

Quote:Quote:

King Thistle stuck a thousand thistles in the thistle of his thumb.
A thousand thistles King Thistle stuck in the thistle of his thumb.
If King Thistle stuck a thousand thistles in the thistle of his thumb,
How many thistles did King Thistle stick in the thistle of his thumb?

I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!
-Randy Savage

By accidentally slurring the words "King" and "Junior" together. It was an obvious mistake which he caught in the middle of saying it, which is why he corrected himself.

Probably was a genuine Freudian slip, but unfortunately folks are rather niggardly with forgiveness these days.

A good mans life ruined for the sake of some SJW clowns looking to cause trouble. This story sickens me.

He who dares wins - Del Boy

You gotta say "red leather yellow leather" like fifty times before you do the weather report. It keeps you from calling Martin Luther king a coon.

You guys should just move to Hawaii. Well, some of you. It's so less uptight about race.

I got problems at the court, because fuck the police I drive how I want to. So I gotta see this specific lady behind a counter. I don't know her name.

So I go to the counter and ask another lady if she there. She says what's she look like. I say "she got a jappy name but,way chinkier eyes, and hair like a pappolo " That's the Hawaiian n-word.

Instead of getting pussy, she just says "oh I know her" and goes in the back and gets my,lady. Then we all smile

Aloha!

Quote: (01-08-2019 01:37 PM)Dr. Chim Ritchalds Wrote:  

By accidentally slurring the words "King" and "Junior" together. It was an obvious mistake which he caught in the middle of saying it, which is why he corrected himself.

"Coon" is one of the easiest words to say. Think about a baby's first word - "Coo!" - now terminate it, and you get a soft n. It's also less distinct of an audioform than you might realize; people often hear the word "coon" when it wasn't said. Every so often there's some scandal about this.

Furthermore, nobody uses "coon" as a racial slur anymore. At least, I've never heard it used that way. The idea of this being Freudian is utterly ridiculous.

I listened to the video. He was talking extremely fast and made an immediate correction. I am sure most people didn't even notice it.

He said "Martin Luther - Coon - King Jr".

I think the mix up was this:
1. "King Junior" He mixed these two words
2. Kunior This is the mixed form he was about to speak.
3. Kun (pronouned Koon) Instead of saying (2) he says this because he stopped in mid sentence and realized his mistake at this point.

So, this wasn't a Freuedian slip, it was a mix of sounds due to talking too fucking fast.

Of course the left knows this, but the object is to push the envelope to spread terrorism and increase their power. Stalin would execute people for just looking guilty. It shows you what we are headed for.

Rico... Sauve....

Back in the 1980s, Pittsburgh, PA news anchor Bill Burns once accidentally referred to the soap opera "The Young And The Restless" as "The Young And The Breastless."

He didn't get fired. People were laughing at this for weeks. We didn't have viral video back then, but we did have Howard Stern, who played this clip on his radio show and laughed at it. It was also mentioned on the late night talk shows (which used to be about humor, not pseudo-moralistic bullshit).

This incident is even in Burns' Wikipedia entry. It's really becoming a humorless, accusatory world we live in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Burns_(anchor)

[Image: 49897867_2290359244354541_72254519963486...e=5CCA85D7]

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (01-08-2019 07:12 PM)Kona Wrote:  

You gotta say "red leather yellow leather" like fifty times before you do the weather report. It keeps you from calling Martin Luther king a coon.

You guys should just move to Hawaii. Well, some of you. It's so less uptight about race.

I got problems at the court, because fuck the police I drive how I want to. So I gotta see this specific lady behind a counter. I don't know her name.

So I go to the counter and ask another lady if she there. She says what's she look like. I say "she got a jappy name but,way chinkier eyes, and hair like a pappolo " That's the Hawaiian n-word.

Instead of getting pussy, she just says "oh I know her" and goes in the back and gets my,lady. Then we all smile

Aloha!

Shutup, Coona...Kona!

(sorry!)

"In America we don't worship government, we worship God." - President Donald J. Trump

Good. Start trolling the Poly guy. I pass the mantle on to you. I am tired.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Quote: (01-09-2019 02:39 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

Shutup, Coona...Kona!

(sorry!)

[Image: laugh3.gif][Image: laugh4.gif]
[Image: laugh5.gif][Image: laugh2.gif]

Quote:Darkwing Buck Wrote:  
A 5 in your bed is worth more than a 9 in your head.

Quote: (01-09-2019 06:49 PM)Sam Malone Wrote:  

Quote: (01-09-2019 02:39 PM)JohnKreese Wrote:  

Shutup, Coona...Kona!

(sorry!)

[Image: laugh3.gif][Image: laugh4.gif]
[Image: laugh5.gif][Image: laugh2.gif]

See if you guys said "red leather yellow leather" fifteen times my feelings wouldn't be so hurt right now.

Aloha!

Been waiting for someone to tell Aloha boy to shut up