rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Washington DC area thread

I noticed there is no master DC thread so I thought I'd create one so we can have a place for new data. I'm back in DC for the winter and may be moving back for the short-term so I plan on doing some research.

The DC area has received a ton of justified complaints on the forum, so I have nothing substantial to add to that, but I wanted to share some new observations:

1. U street is getting very homosexual. I went to a couple bars and each one had gay men twerking while hooping and hollering. They have approached me directly with compliments on my beard. There is also more of an Arlington clique element. I don't know if it's really Arlington people coming to U street or if it's just a new type of crowd. The vibe is getting more stuffy, which is a shame because back in 2007-2010, U street was edgier and great for meeting girls if you were a bit hipster. Then again, there are a ton of new venues so I may have to branch out a bit.

2. H street did not turn out to be the new U street. I was hoping that H street would become U street of old, but it seems to have fast-forwarded over the expected decade of gentrification and jumped to a more upmarket vibe but with less attractive women than U street.

3. Dupont Circle has improved. The people here seem more "normal" than other areas. Venues are older and not so hip, but the vibe is more relaxed compared to 2005-2010 when it was more snobby. Dupont used to be gay central, but I don't see many here now. It could just be because I'm older now and have grown more into a Dupont scene.

4. DC white girls are not right. These are the most educated girls (i.e. most programmed) in the country. You can't have a conversation with them without triggering them in some way, even if you avoid all political discussions. They will yell at you for the most banal comments. On the bright side, there are quite a few international girls and girls born to foreign parents.

5. Girls have started to approach men. I went out twice this weekend with well-dressed friends and was approached three times. Two of the girls were at least a 6. While it's nice to be approached, this is a sign that girls are becoming more masculinized while men are becoming more feminized (i.e. girls are approaching because they no longer expect men to do so). This is also common in Scandinavia. When living in countries with feminine women, I never get approached, which to me is a good sign that a girl will welcome a masculine man.

Like I wrote on my blog a while back, it does seem that DC has bottomed out. It hasn't gotten worse to me in the past couple of years, though that comes from only staying a month or two at a time.

Anyone else been out in DC lately?

I'm from DC as well. What DC does well that I haven't seen many other places do well, is educated middle class black girls, I honestly wouldn't talk to a white girl in DC. In my experience, the quality black girls usually come out during day parties and brunch. The Park on K street, Red Rocks on H street, Ozio on M street, are a few places I frequent.

There are some hidden spots you could do well. Silver Spring has a big Ethiopian population, a mall, and a community college all in close proximity.

Last time I went out in the DC area was late August, and I was not impressed. I chalked up the lack of women I was interested in to it being vacation season (summer time). A few friends who live there tell me they get most of their bangs off apps, with one guy in particular spent the first half of this year building a rotation and now claims to have four women in his rotation who live in the Beltway (2 in DC 2 in Northern VA) that range from a 20 something black graduate student to a late 30s italian hair salon owner. He loves DC, but he is the exception.

Late teens and early 20's I would visit D.C. area often back in the early to mid-2000's; I thought the talent was amazing. Obviously this was before I knew about game. I was a virgin too.

DuPont Circle and Georgetown were my favorite areas. On the D.C. Metro -- Foggy Bottom was my favorite stop because of college girls from George Washington. I spent a lot of time in NoVa (Arlington/Falls Church/Fairfax). Tyson's Corner was popular as well. I haven't been to D.C. since 2008!

Roosh just come to Miami and you will not have to deal with masculine D.C. area women:

Quote: (12-22-2018 03:39 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  

Roosh did not make this thread, so it is just a "make a wish" thread. We need a Miami meet up , and I will host. Roosh has a life and real shit going on. Someone with real rep points PM me and lets do a Miami thing. Low or no rep dudes , just don't, please. Let's make a legitimate reason for Roosh to take time out of his life to come here and enjoy himself and meet some members. It is cold wherever he is , but it is warm here......

thread-71727-page-2.html

I'm in DC and would like to start getting out more if you are looking for someone to get out with. I live in Mclean but venture into DC to go out. Flying solo I like to find a spot where I can grab a seat at the bar on the weekend w/o standing in a corner. Would be interested to hear what venues you are hitting in Dupont. PM me if you want to meet up one night.

Quote: (12-25-2018 11:50 AM)TheBMan Wrote:  

I'm in DC and would like to start getting out more if you are looking for someone to get out with. I live in Mclean but venture into DC to go out. Flying solo I like to find a spot where I can grab a seat at the bar on the weekend w/o standing in a corner. Would be interested to hear what venues you are hitting in Dupont. PM me if you want to meet up one night.

I intend to do a Meetup after New Year's.

PM me. We have a DC Area RVF group chat.
Quote: (12-25-2018 11:50 AM)TheBMan Wrote:  

We have a DC area RVF group chat over text. If anyone wants to join feel free to PM me.
Lot's of talk about politics and other stuff as well over text, but we go out as well.

In DC I would focus on finding out where the girl is from. If she is foreign or from the mid-west/south/west you will have better chances. If she's from NYC/NJ/Local or other major urban area chances are she will be very feminist and have a righteous attitude. These types of girls I have noticed are very cliquish and usually have a big group of girl friends with them, making it harder to advance on them.

I think with Amazon HQ2 coming to the DC area you will see a higher male population, due to the number of tech workers Amazon will have in their new campus. Despite that, as a tech professional myself I am happy they are coming to DC.

I am personally less into ethnic girls, and more into whites. The white girls in DC are absolutely terrible. All the white girls who come into the DC area are very masculine, professional type women. Looks wise, they are not good as well, since a lot are overweight, and the ones that aren't just look depressed for some reason.
The only decent girls I've found that are from DC are the ones that are native to DC, or are visiting for a bit from another area. On average, the people that will want to come to DC as an adult for work are extremely attracted to power, and have something wrong in their heads. These girls are career women, and generally narcissists.
The best places I've found for white girls are hotel bars and country music venues. There is one really good venue on a week night that usually attracts a really good crowd and is free cover. The girls are 99% white, and it's a good time overall. PM me for details (since it is crowded as is and I don't want to ruin it if people can search this off google).
As far as foreign girls, the middle eastern scene is pretty good. This is more prevalent in NoVA, but I think a lot of that is social circle unfortunately. There are a lot of Iranian girls (non European White according to JF Gariepy) in the area, and they are all very attractive.
I haven't seen any Eastern European girls, and I haven't seen any of the 'Au Pairs' that everyone keeps talking about.
Night clubs are absolute shit in DC. The ratios are terrible and the quality of the chicks are not good at all.
Just like Roosh says, I have also experienced getting approached by girls a good amount. Again, the girls have gotten very aggressive.
Coffee Shop game is ideal here. There are a ton of attractive girls at most of the coffee shops in the area. Probably better venues than the average night venue. You won't have to deal with the bullshit that goes on at night game venues. I don't even drink coffee, but the city seems to have a huge coffee addiction.
If anyone has any suggestions let me know.

Quote: (12-25-2018 12:22 PM)bobmjilica Wrote:  

I am personally less into ethnic girls, and more into whites. The white girls in DC are absolutely terrible. All the white girls who come into the DC area are very masculine, professional type women. Looks wise, they are not good as well, since a lot are overweight, and the ones that aren't just look depressed for some reason.
The only decent girls I've found that are from DC are the ones that are native to DC, or are visiting for a bit from another area. On average, the people that will want to come to DC as an adult for work are extremely attracted to power, and have something wrong in their heads. These girls are career women, and generally narcissists.
The best places I've found for white girls are hotel bars and country music venues. There is one really good venue on a week night that usually attracts a really good crowd and is free cover. The girls are 99% white, and it's a good time overall. PM me for details (since it is crowded as is and I don't want to ruin it if people can search this off google).
As far as foreign girls, the middle eastern scene is pretty good. This is more prevalent in NoVA, but I think a lot of that is social circle unfortunately. There are a lot of Iranian girls (non European White according to JF Gariepy) in the area, and they are all very attractive.
I haven't seen any Eastern European girls, and I haven't seen any of the 'Au Pairs' that everyone keeps talking about.
Night clubs are absolute shit in DC. The ratios are terrible and the quality of the chicks are not good at all.
Just like Roosh says, I have also experienced getting approached by girls a good amount. Again, the girls have gotten very aggressive.
Coffee Shop game is ideal here. There are a ton of attractive girls at most of the coffee shops in the area. Probably better venues than the average night venue. You won't have to deal with the bullshit that goes on at night game venues. I don't even drink coffee, but the city seems to have a huge coffee addiction.

I dont think I could bring myself to go to a nightclub in DC at this point in my life. Just thinking about blowing a pile of cash to go out at 11 and deal with a bunch of drunk dudes and being out til 3am and the accompanying hangover makes me quiver but I'm 42 and wouldnt have said that 10/15 years ago. I'd like to find a few places that have a decent scene but arent too crowded from like 9-12 so I can get out, be social, meet some nice white girls, and not be miserably hungover for a day or two.
I really havent been part of the nightclub scene in a while, but given the tinder/bumble/whatever apps I almost question what kind of a girl would even bother with that anymore when they can stay home in their sweat pants and rack up suitors on the apps.

As someone still in college in the DC area I really really don't like it. Could just be my immediate surroundings, but it feels as though it's extremely hard to open up conversations. I go into the city at least once a week and meet wonderful people, but I can't seem to make consistent long lasting connections. I'm more interested in an LTR than a ONS. Hopefully 2019 changes that, but once I graduate I'm gone, at least for a few years.

I've tried going to clubs multiple times, and only once have I managed to really have a good time. I'm more used to how things are in Central Europe I guess, where it feels like I can actually let go and have fun, not be on guard in a huge crowd stuck between the woman Im dancing with a 90 other people in a space packed to capacity.

Quote: (12-25-2018 03:23 AM)thatsabigwave Wrote:  

I'm from DC as well. What DC does well that I haven't seen many other places do well, is educated middle class black girls, I honestly wouldn't talk to a white girl in DC. In my experience, the quality black girls usually come out during day parties and brunch. The Park on K street, Red Rocks on H street, Ozio on M street, are a few places I frequent.

I moved to Charlotte about 6 months ago and have noticed that there as well. Lots of middle-class black girls and many of them seem to go for white guys--had success with a few myself (although one was a Howard U student home for the summer, so I guess she's in DC most of the year) and driving/walking around the city you see way more white guy/black girl couples than I've seen anywhere else in the US--although I'd caveat that by saying I've barely spent any time in Atlanta.

I got my Magnum condoms, I got my wad of hundreds, I'm ready to plow!

Quote: (12-25-2018 03:15 PM)Dr Mantis Toboggan Wrote:  

I moved to Charlotte about 6 months ago and have noticed that there as well. Lots of middle-class black girls and many of them seem to go for white guys--had success with a few myself (although one was a Howard U student home for the summer, so I guess she's in DC most of the year) and driving/walking around the city you see way more white guy/black girl couples than I've seen anywhere else in the US--although I'd caveat that by saying I've barely spent any time in Atlanta.
Bro, the black girls get all the good jobs in the DC area. It's weird. They're very well paid.

There are some hidden spots you could do well. Silver Spring has a big Ethiopian population, a mall, and a community college all in close proximity.

Agreed.

I was just in DC in September and daygame'd for 3 days. Only problem was it rained the entire time. That being said, there were a good amount of good looking, educated black women on/in U Street, Shaw, and Adams Morgan. Even Silver Spring had some bad black babes. Lots of foot traffic with all those shops and restaurants.

Dupont Circle still seemed very hipstery and gay.

I was disappointed by the lack of foot traffic in Arlington and Alexandria, but then again, I visited those two towns on a Monday after a very rainy weekend.

Downtown needs to be built up a bit more. Georgetown was nice.

The height restriction on the buildings in DC is very weird but it's still clearly an above-average daygame city by American standards due to the compact, walkable, nature of the city, which lends itself to strong foot traffic.

Like it was mentioned already the nightlife is all but dead here. You have better chances meeting white girls at coffee shops & gyms, happy hour, and black girls during brunch events or day parties. Northside Social in Clarendon is a nice little coffee shop, and the area gets pretty live at night. I've never really been into white girls before moving here from Atl a few years ago, but the ones I've seen around here have piqued my interest. Now Im trying to find a country I can visit that has a plethora of good looking white women for me to run thru within a two week visit lol.

What do you guys do for NYE in DC? I went a pro's in the city event a few years back but it wasn't any good. What is usually good?

Quote: (12-29-2018 08:17 PM)Kish Wrote:  

What do you guys do for NYE in DC? I went a pro's in the city event a few years back but it wasn't any good. What is usually good?

NYE in DC is bad if you choose the bar or club route. Venues that sell tickets are usually so crowded that it takes you 30 minutes to get a drink at the bar. There is a heavy "amateur hour" feel and you'll see many people who act like they've never been out before. The only time I've had a good time on NYE in DC is going to a house party.

One contrarian option is to go out after midnight to a bar with no cover. By then, the drunkest have tapped out and venues are not as crowded.

Ive unfortunately have lived in DC for several decades and no longer go out much as i approach 40. Ratios have gotten worse and women dumber as compared to the golden age of the early 2000s. As i’ve said many times before DC is great for a career and to build up a bankroll but otherwise any sane male should go abroad if they wanna meet quality women.

So due to heavy work schedule and limited time for New Years ill be sitting at home with a grey goose vodka and surfing the latest netflix collections [Image: wink.gif]

Yea NYE in DC is weak you are better off sitting at home unless you are with a large group of friends.

Main issue i see with DC women is how many career types there are (lawyers, etc). Then you have the massive number working for liberal groups/government. There are also a lot of teachers who would seem to be better quality but I don't know many personally. I like white women though so your mileage may very if you prefer other ethnicities.

Also down if there are meetups.

Anyone in DC going out tonight? Anything worth checking out?

I fuck with all those spots. All pretty good sometimes Red Rocks brings too many fat girls out though.

I'm a Black guy who exclusively deals with Black, White and Iranian chicks. Not sure how long you've been in DC but if you are looking for White chicks and are not playing the Arlington scene you've been spinning your wheels. I know Arlington can be a little intimidating and has a very post-college frat vibe, but if you have one or two bros to go with you it should be a pretty good time. You are correct in doing the high end hotel bar. Lotta of good quality there. Also, you may wanna look into 18st lounge on any random weekend night for Eastern Euros. That's where my Croatian winggirl and her friends hang. Also, Earl's in Tysons for happy hour has some good talent. Lastly for white girls you may want to try Provision No14 and the Hawthorne on U st

Quote: (01-02-2019 10:56 AM)quaker13 Wrote:  

I'm a Black guy who exclusively deals with Black, White and Iranian chicks. Not sure how long you've been in DC but if you are looking for White chicks and are not playing the Arlington scene you've been spinning your wheels. I know Arlington can be a little intimidating and has a very post-college frat vibe, but if you have one or two bros to go with you it should be a pretty good time. You are correct in doing the high end hotel bar. Lotta of good quality there. Also, you may wanna look into 18st lounge on any random weekend night for Eastern Euros. That's where my Croatian winggirl and her friends hang. Also, Earl's in Tysons for happy hour has some good talent. Lastly for white girls you may want to try Provision No14 and the Hawthorne on U st

A lot of good info here - only thing I'd say is that Arlington is pretty young, which is good and bad. I've had girls who are like 26 tell me they feel old going there. Early 20's and just out of school flock to Arlington but they can get a little tired of it after 5 years and seem to focus more on downtown.