rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Hammer curl joint popping

When I do hammer curls I get severe nonpainfull popping in my left elbow. Doesn't happen on the right. But common sense tells me something is wrong.

Is my only option to stick to normal curls or does anyone have ideas to fix it or can anyone suggest other excersises that hit the brachialis like hammer curls but won't irritate that extra cartilage or whatever is causing it?

Are you a right or lefty??

Write left but I'm stronger right side.

If something hurts don't do it.

I had a sort of white pimple pop in my forearm everytime i did an arm exercise.

I'm still alive.

Both my arms hurt at different intensity and different days. I really like doing concentrated hammer curls at heavier weights.

Resting did not help the popping nor the pain. So i decided to suck it up and carry on. Then i noticed i had a green lipped mussel gel lying around my shop in the expired bin, so i thought what the heck. Let me try that.

I use it mainly for my knees and the residue on my elbows. By the third day, applying once a day before exercise, the pain did reduce by a fair bit (40-50%) but the popping has stopped.

I think its Marketed as Pernaton gel in the states. Feel free to try it for yourself. It might help.

You could always try Paul Carter's 100 rep barbell curls. Just start with an empty barbell and go for 100 reps. Light weights + high reps can resolve strange behavior in the joints.

Could be a tendon snapping in the joints, I have popping elbows and I did some Gua Sha, Voodoo Flossing and some flex bar on the area. Turns out my supinators/extensors are super tight

Alex describe the voodoo you did more in depth that's what I'm talking about.

I already stretch my wrist flexors.

I credit learning Voodoo flossing and Gua Shua from this article:

https://www.t-nation.com/training/tendonitis-cure

Also here is the video I used with the flex bar, I use it in reverse than he does because supination is my weak point right now: