rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Just landed in Tashkent

Just landed in Tashkent

Who's still in Uzbekistan?

Seriously, this one may be hard..

Just landed in Tashkent

What a coincidence!
You should definitely check out the Goat Tavern on the east end.

Just landed in Tashkent

Quote: (05-01-2009 01:25 AM)kerouac Wrote:  

What a coincidence!
You should definitely check out the Goat Tavern on the east end.

Really? I have been in Tashkent for the past two months. The girls here are amazing!

Haha

Just landed in Tashkent

Make sure you go to Plaza Borhsek. Good spot for day game since most of the girls there speak english.

Just landed in Tashkent

Quote: (05-01-2009 11:45 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Make sure you go to Plaza Borhsek. Good spot for day game since most of the girls there speak english.

Hi,

Where is this plaza Borhsek located and any ideas where this Goat Tavern is? Plus what should I expect to find there?

Thanks

Just landed in Tashkent

Quote: (05-02-2009 02:56 AM)BoZz Wrote:  

Hi,

Where is this plaza Borhsek located and any ideas where this Goat Tavern is? Plus what should I expect to find there?

Thanks

Haha, nothing like random advice. Maybe roosh is refering to a big mall here. I've done the shopping thing, stalked the park and hung in front of a college. The nightlife is "interesting". I may write up something in the future if someone shows interest.

Just landed in Tashkent

Quote: (05-02-2009 09:20 AM)travelstobang Wrote:  

Quote: (05-02-2009 02:56 AM)BoZz Wrote:  

Hi,

Thanks

Haha, nothing like random advice. Maybe roosh is refering to a big mall here. I've done the shopping thing, stalked the park and hung in front of a college. The nightlife is "interesting". I may write up something in the future if someone shows interest.

Come on now.... is this not enough. Let on please.......!

Just landed in Tashkent

I can't tell if this thread is for real or a joke.

Just landed in Tashkent

Gotta be a joke. I was there for a day in Aug. Didn't see a damn thing

Just landed in Tashkent

Oh i forgot to tell you to check out the big university by the river. Tons of hot girls trying to practice their english. They usually hang behind the language building next to the blood sausage stand.

Just landed in Tashkent

Uzbek morcilla is the best.

Just landed in Tashkent

I didn't go to the big university, but I took my wingman to the bingo hall near the old parliament building, next to the strip shops, etc.

I striked out most of the night, but my wingman picked up a hottie last night:

[Image: oldhealthyfolks.jpg]

Just landed in Tashkent

Sweet hat. He must be a student of mystery. MM's effectiveness is universal.

Just landed in Tashkent

She's a Uzbeki dime piece.

Just landed in Tashkent

Just go to the W Hotel there.

$14 Goose and Sodas never tasted so good.

Just landed in Tashkent

I've been hearing alot about Tashkent. There's some who swear by this town. What's the dealio????

Just landed in Tashkent

I have a friend who is American but of Uzbeki origin and he goes there several times a year and he raves it about it too. Like how things are dirt cheap, he is paying like 200 bucks for a nice apartment in downtown Tashkent, spends less than 10-20 bucks per date at some of the best clubs/bars/restos in the country and the girls are hot, sexy and friendly and very good for long term relationships. He swears by them too and is thinking of marrying one from there. So yeah, this place looks like a good place to investigate. If anyone is going there in the near future, would love to hear their story/views from the ground.

Just landed in Tashkent

Not true. Yes an apartment can be had for 200$ but it will be quite primitive from all standards. Please do not forget that this is an old Soviet satellite and has been kept in that era forcefully. Women here are absolutely lovely but knowing Russian is a pre-requisite to getting to know them. There is not much to do in the city and only a few eating places unless you count the road side food sellers. People are generally very sociable and kind. It all depends on what you are looking for.

Just landed in Tashkent

Lol, Uzbekistan... I saw them on the news, I saw an asian looking women speak Russian, funny as hell.

Just landed in Tashkent

My wife is originally from there.
This is probably the last place in the world you wanna be in mid-July.

Just landed in Tashkent

Not really true. It is hot but weather is one of the best part of Tashkent. The heat is dry heat and hence you do not sweat and hence do not feel miserable. The evening are almost always pleasant with normally a temperature drop of 50 percent. So you can sit outside on the hottest day when the sun is down unlike a lot of other places.

Just landed in Tashkent

By popular request, the legit overview..

Culture and whatever :

The local uzbeks are muslism and more or less look like mongolians. The russians arrived 100 years ago, taught the locals to love vodka but are now slowly moving back to moscow. Tashkent’s population is about 30% russians, you may also see tall stunning mixed-breeds and even a few koreans. The uzbeks while not all too religious, are still pretty conservative and yet very friendly. Alchohol is only for men. The marriage question is a big deal, a woman who’s seen kissing for mere pleasure may lose her ‘reputation’ amongst her peers. The good news is there’s still a few bad-seeds to be found and the russian populace seems mostly excluded from these prejudices.`

Nightlife :

Three types of nightclubs:
- Hotel clubs : Filled with prostitutes and Indian businessmen. Half of the clubs are of this kind.
- Rich kid discos : Frequented by the ruling class’s children. These kids have traveled abroad and couldn't care less that you're a foreigner. Decent english literacy. No paid-for-girls, good ratios. Good game and wallet helps.
- Every man's discos: this is where the common man goes for his fix. Usually more than half of the girls are semi-prostitutes and the line is often blurred.

Catch what’s going on here? The most obvious nightlife is geared towards providing out-of-town business guys with quick fixes. Scouting ahead and doing your homework will reduce disappointing evenings.

Time: midnight to 6am

Venue hopping: Tashkent is a nice display of soviet city planning, expect wide boulevards and huge city blocks. The totalitarian regime keeps it safe and clean, but unless you’ve planned your night out, do not go by foot as you will be wasting precious time. Use taxis. There’s no club district and hopping around by car should take about 5-10 minutes. If you get a local to wave a cab for you, the cost should be $1 USD (2000 sums). Do it yourself and the price will be 2-3 times more, even if you can speak half decent russian.

Broadway Street:
Most of the "bars" on this popular walking street are actually strip clubs. There's one supposedly more normal discoteque called "Diamond Club" but it's always been closed when I went by.

Club Niagara:
The girls hanging by the bar are all semi-prostitutes, while the ones at tables are normal. Face control at the door... for girls! Nevertheless one of the best discos in town. Crowded thursday-friday-saturdays. Music is mostly euro dance pop hits type of deal. Address : corner kayumov and amir temur, north of alaiskii bazar.

Club Opera :
A disco for upper class rich kids. No pros. Ridiculously expensive drinks. Elaborate entertainment on the dance floor every few hours. Good if you have money to burn or tight game. 10 minutes away from the city core.

VM Bar:
A typical russian bar which attracts crotch rocket bikers. Music is american and russian rock classics. Little native uzbeks, mostly ice cold russian hotties. The place is quite clicky but the crowd and overall drunkenness of the place makes it easier to pierce social circles. http://www.last.fm/venue/8992410+VM+bar .. Dont confuse with "FM bar", which is in fact a stripclub near broadway.

Sky Club:
Another club with a small bar area crammed with girls... all semi-pros. Not enough regular folks on the night I went, so I never did go back.

There's also a few irish pubs with not much going on.

Day Game:

Spend part of your days in a park, this is where you will have your best luck. Hide your beer if you’re drinking, spot some nice average russian girls, a mixed group even, doesn't matter, and ask for directions or whatever. Again, it truly doesn't matter, easy as pie. The russian girls in uzbekistan are as gorgeous as the ones in the motherland but much warmer in character. They’re very curious about foreigners and strive to leave the region. Many of them don’t go out much at night to the discos, so here’s your chance. Keep in mind that this is supposed to be a muslim country, so tone it down a little at first when approaching ethnic uzbek girls.

In spring, the downtown city core gets empty by 8pm. For some adventure, take the subway to a random station.

Hotel:

If staying at a hotel, figure out logistics ahead of time on how to bring back a guest to your room. Some doormen may not take bribes in such situations. Be ready to switch hotels in the morning if required.

Language Fluency :

A common question is "what % speaks english?". Im a bit puzzled when some can nail it down to an exact number. "80% speak english", yeah right. It’s never so obvious, some understand but can't speak, or are embarrassed and need coaxing, and others speak it terribly yet are quite extroverted. It takes time to figure out the overall english fluency of a place. Anyway, I’ll give it a try:
- A small % of the semi-pros speaks english, usually the russian ones
- Half of your average russian girl on the street speaks english
- Almost no uzbek/korean girl on the street speaks english
- Most of the rich kids in clubs speak english
- Half of the guys hanging around the bar in clubs will speak english. Dont go gay Im sayin, but find a wing or a translator

If all else fails, use whatever russian you know, everyone speaks it. If you’ve ever studied turkish, maybe look into learning some uzbek as both language are related.

Food:

(why not) The selection is surprisingly good. Kebabs, korean, indian and middle eastern restaurants can easily be found. Check out some of the bazaars for traditional plov (rice pilaf).

Changing money:

The first time you change money, it will be more convenient to do it at the hotel or a bank. The second time, do it on the black market with a street dealer as you will receive an exchange rate at least 50% more advantageous. You may be able to find one near “Mir Burger” in front of a small shopping mall. USD is desired over EUR. The risks of getting caught are minimal. Everyone does it, trust me [Image: smile.gif]

Resources:

Dating site / Nightlife site / Social networks: I honestly forgot
News : http://www.eurasianet.org/

Map:
1 : Good day game park
2 : Club Niagara, and alaiskii bazar to the south
3 : Mir Burger, on this corner you'll find scammy taxi drivers, cell phone simcards (try ucell as provider), black market money exchange and maybe a small time pimp.

Just landed in Tashkent

damn, excellent break down, with map and all, makes me want to go now! Thanks

Just landed in Tashkent

That older Asian couple's appearance is not widely representative if there are Russian chicks around.

The woman's weathered appearance is an artifact of climate, low wealth, and lack of culture press to stay phony-young.
In addition, she has a sweeter smile than most American women can muster and looks pretty amiable. Looks aren't everything, or rather
in my book an intelligent, sympathetic face carries significant weight relative to bone structure and skin health.

Could anyone post pics of some super-hot hybrid Russian-Asiatic women? The caucasian-asian hybrids in Hawaii were smoking hot, even by Hawaiian standards, and furthermore where known for their anything-goes love of sex there.

I knew at least two that were like that.

I was talking to one about what she liked sexually and she commented "It has to hurt." I was getting dizzy talking to her.

Another one I went to bed with was eager to get as nasty and rough as I wanted to. The rougher I got, the more excited she got--to the point where I started to hold back for fear of actually injuring her. Same deal with an Okinawan-American girl I laid there. And, very importantly to me, when Asian chicks have moved on/turned me down. their manners are so much better than Westerners I don't get that sick disrepected feeling. I know if I control my frame enough I won't get that, but I still don't like it.

Just landed in Tashkent

Quote: (10-30-2010 04:59 PM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Could anyone post pics of some super-hot hybrid Russian-Asiatic women? The caucasian-asian hybrids in Hawaii were smoking hot, even by Hawaiian standards, and furthermore where known for their anything-goes love of sex there.

The president's daughter is a good example of what I mention. http://www.rferl.org/content/article/1079436.html .. she's a little pass her prime, but you'll get the idea. This is a tashkent review, I can't comment much on other regions (more rural) portion of the country. Also, watch anthony bourdain's "no reservation" uzbekistan episode.

Feb 2011 : stumbled into this blog, browse through it before a trip for more insight on the culture :
http://www.neweurasia.net/culture-and-hi...about-sex/