rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Lame Shit You Did In Highschool (That You Thought Was Cool At The Time)?

I used to get early into english class sometimes and write these oblique messages on the chalkboard in big bold letters. Crap like:

"KNOWLEDGE IS POWER"

"ART IS A LIE"

I fancied myself some kind of art rebel/faux graffiti writer and tagged similarly obscure messages around my school, like:

"IT'S ONLY THE WIND THAT RUSTLES IN DRY LEAVES"

the teacher and other students were like 'who the hell is writing this shit everyday???'
[Image: laugh3.gif]

meanwhile I'd be at the back of the class like

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

Needless to say, none of this shit actually got me laid

Being nihilistic and dreadfully cynical in every moment of the day.

I was so uncool in high school that even I didn't think anything I did was cool.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I did a lot of this in middle school...

Smoked way too much weed and hot boxed my truck as if I were some kind of up-and-coming rapper / drug dealer. I thought I was the shit. I went to a rich high school with 99% white people.

Quote: (06-02-2018 07:44 PM)Suits Wrote:  

I was so uncool in high school that even I didn't think anything I did was cool.

I was so uncool I had to fuck girls from other school districts to stay out of the fallout zone from my reputation.

I'm not even sure how that happened, but doesn't matter. Had sex, and driving all over three states for hole cultivated a lifelong love of travel.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

I used to watch faces of death. I thought it was cool. Now the thought of seeing another man die depresses me because I become aware of my own mortality.

I used to spend most of my time in church where they had me convinced that people were separated. You had those who were "saved" by Jesus and those who were not and condemned to hell. I turned my back on a lot of people who didn't believe in Christianity. It hurts me to this day and this is why I will never set foot into another church.

I also spent way too much time hitting the road with my friends and avoiding my family. Now I don't even speak to those friends and most of my family is dead so I no longer have the option to make up for it.

I was once bullied by a kid in front of my whole PE class. I've always had an anger problem. When he kicked me in the back once day, I turned and hit him in the head with a metal softball bat. He had to have brain surgery and his family sued my family and my family lost everything.

Those are only a few things I can think of at the moment that I regret.

Cool thread idea.

Me:

1. Staying out until 3 or 4 a.m. getting drunk almost every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night for the last 6 months or so of high school.

I wore the same clothes to school the next day once because I figured I'd just walk from the club to school instead of going home, showering, and changing.

2. Sleeping in class after #1 above so that I could be well-rested enough to repeat #1.

3. Drinking to get drunk.

4. Thinking it was cool to be able to drink a lot.

Fucking any female that offered herself to me to be 'a player.'

I got a high notch count. Debatable if it was worth it.

YoungBlade's HEMA Datasheet
Tabletop Role-playing Games
Barefoot walking (earthing) datasheet
Occult/Wicca/Pagan Girls Datasheet

Havamal 77

Cows die,
family die,
you will die the same way.
I know only one thing
that never dies:
the reputation of the one who's died.

Quote: (06-02-2018 07:58 PM)LINUX Wrote:  

I used to spend most of my time in church where they had me convinced that people were separated. You had those who were "saved" by Jesus and those who were not and condemned to hell. I turned my back on a lot of people who didn't believe in Christianity. It hurts me to this day and this is why I will never set foot into another church.

I also spent way too much time hitting the road with my friends and avoiding my family. Now I don't even speak to those friends and most of my family is dead so I no longer have the option to make up for it.

I was once bullied by a kid in front of my whole PE class. I've always had an anger problem. When he kicked me in the back once day, I turned and hit him in the head with a metal softball bat. He had to have brain surgery and his family sued my family and my family lost everything.

Those are only a few things I can think of at the moment that I regret.

[Image: tyra_unsure.gif]

I'm the King of Beijing!

I also (purposely) put a few cuts in my eyebrows. I don't know what exactly the purpose of it was, perhaps to seem more 'rugged'? A lot of the cool, bad boy types at my school were doing it and since they got a lot of girls I just copied them

this is what it looked like if you don't know what i'm talking about

[Image: ice-eyebrows-today-150828-tease_891da001...-large.jpg]

[Image: l.jpg]

[Image: gallery-1440514595-bowwow-bets106andpark...size=480:*]

Yo mama jokes.

Chatting with girls for no less than one hour but two or three hours on these mobile phones boring them and thinking I could get into their pants.

Asking girls I was into on dates. Having no cell phone.

Also, being a good kid and not going to any parties. And, not getting my driver's license, I thought I was a bad ass and that driving was for pussies.

Skipping class to walk to a convenience store and buy candy

When we were seniors, a lot of my crowd wore pink Oxford shirts just to mess with people's expectations. This included guys on the football team and weightlifters, so it became one of those things everyone talked about. (This was the pre-Internet/pre-cell phone era, when there was little to do besides talk about what Danny and Ronnie wore in homeroom.)

Anyway, it got us attention. This was probably an early version of "peacocking." Seems ridiculous now but was, like, "totally wild, dude!" back then.

Disco clothing.

Don't laugh, youngsters.

I just wore them, not ink them into my skin.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Spiked hair.

Wearing oversized hoodies. I was as skronny as a stick so it looked even more ridiculous.

Wearing cargo pants.

There's many more I'm sure, those are just what jumps to the fore at the moment.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Quote: (06-03-2018 06:20 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

When we were seniors, a lot of my crowd wore pink Oxford shirts just to mess with people's expectations. This included guys on the football team and weightlifters, so it became one of those things everyone talked about. (This was the pre-Internet/pre-cell phone era, when there was little to do besides talk about what Danny and Ronnie wore in homeroom.)

Anyway, it got us attention. This was probably an early version of "peacocking." Seems ridiculous now but was, like, "totally wild, dude!" back then.

I'm pretty sure there's an alternate timeline where the first major school shooting was perpetrated by the Pink Oxford Shirt Mafia.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Quote: (06-03-2018 06:20 AM)Days of Broken Arrows Wrote:  

This isn't that bad. Edging into humblebrag territory.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Freshman year of HS I dyed my hair neon blue. Part of the early/mid-90's "grungy skater" look going. It did probably get me in with a few skater chicks but . . . meh.

Oh well, kids gonna be kids.

I was on the table-tennis team. I beat a Chinese kid from another school once. I thought I was pretty cool at the time.

I'd do any drug that was offered to me, and way to much of it.

I got drunk and did a bunch of Ketamine at my friends house one night when I was about 18 (I graduated at 20 because I was kept back twice for missing too many days of school) with one of my best friends, when he passed out I stole his car and drove it to a party where all of our other friends were. It didn't even cross my mind that my best friend who's car I had stolen would hear about it the next day. I piled a bunch of girls into the car and drove it like a maniac, at one point losing control of the car going way to fast and it went into an uncontrollable spin, somehow it didn't crash. Later that I night I literally drove the car as fast as it would go through residential neighborhoods until I got bored and went home. Its a miracle I didn't kill myself or someone else or go to jail. Of coarse my friend heard about it and that was the end of our friendship and my entire social circle saw me as a huge scumbag.

That's just one of many times that I got fucked up and broke into cars to steal stuff or stole cars and went for joyrides or just did dangerous daredevil shit without considering the consequences. Before I turned 21 I had totaled 6 cars, never wore a seatbelt and somehow never got hurt or arrested, until I hit 21 and did get a DUI which was a turning point for me where I stopped doing drugs and getting drunk every night.

For a short time I used to go out as a goth with tribal facial makeup.

[Image: 2f5fbb51155f332c1a2a9c4f296ebb1f.jpg]

I used to wear about 6 rings, leather and a long coat:

[Image: 828-Y-549-3.jpg]

I went to goth clubs and picked up goth chicks. I stopped doing it despite having an almost 100% track record - I was a Game-less nerd unable to see that this kind of extreme peacocking was actually acceptable in that environment. It was embarrassing to ride around the subway dressed like a movie prop.

Looking back - actually that wasn't lame - that was more flash of Game.

What was lame was that I wrote poems to 3 girls while in high school - all about as effective as one could imagine. Should have gone to school in goth gear and warrior-makeup and then asked for a date.

Lit bonfires in the woods with friends and burned some magnesium ribbon we took from the chem lab. Actually, that was pretty dope.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.