rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Leon, Mexico

My background

At the end of 2017 I spend 4 months in Mexico, most of this time was spent in Leon. I’m 6’5, 24 years old with an intermediate level of Spanish.

Introduction

I benefitted a lot from this community, this is my first attempt to give something back.
Leon is a city in the center of Mexico, it is the 5th largest city with a population of 1.1 million. It is very traditional and conservative. There’s a big division between rich and poor people, unlike my home country (Netherlands). It is one of the largest growing cities in Mexico, many people from Mexico City move to Leon to reduce travel time to work (less traffic).
This country could be a gem for many guys, in the 4 months I spent here I counted 3 foreigners, people will go out of their way to speak with you and assist you, Mexican people are extremely kind. It wasn’t uncommon for cars full of people to look because white people are so rare in Leon.

Nightlife
'
[Image: calle-madero-_-leon-guanajuato]

The main street to go out in Leon is Madero, this is also the cultural center of the city. There are many bars and clubs in this street. Beers in a bar range from 30-40 pesos which is (1.5 to 2 euros), in a club the price ranges from 40-80 pesos (2-4 euros).
Dresscode is pretty formal, most guys wear at least a button up shirt, often with blazers or even a full suit. the nightlife is only active on thursday, friday and saturday.

518 is a newer club in Leon, the music is very loud here so bring earplugs. There are many beautiful but also average girls. Girls are open to be approached and danced with. If you are white and above average length you should have a very big advantage here, I remember getting IOI’D all the time In this venue.

(idk what’s up with the weird numerical names) I only visited this club once, it was way more calm than 518, there’s couches where you can chill if you want to sit for a bit. I think the quality of the girls is a bit poorer than 518.

Daygame

Universidad de La Salle

This place is a goldmine, the amount of talent here is astonishing, don’t mass approach here since the venue is pretty small. Close by there’s a food court where you can go on instant dates or approach as well.

The malls (Plaza Mayor, Centro Max and Altacia)
These are the places where the rich people go, the typical American stores are located here. These places are good to find high class, albeit snobby white and morena girls.

The center (Universidad de León)

[Image: inseguridad-prevalece-en-la-zona-centro-de-leon]

Easily the most beautiful place of the city, this is where poor and rich meet in the city. Close by there’s a public university, so the girls tend to be a bit more down to earth and less spoiled. It’s a great area to walk and relatively large, you can also camp outside of the university and approach whatever you like.

Honestly I got most of my results online, (tinder & badoo). Its very easy to get decent quality matches and meet up with them. I went on several dates where the girl was either uglier or BETTER looking than her pictures, honestly there’s so much choice here, and you can choose to be picky. They can often be a bit paranoid since it is Mexico after all, and kidnappings are not unheard of, I solved this by meeting in a public place and calling them asap after getting the number of of Tinder.

The main issue I found with dating was that girls tend to be very busy, many of them work from 9 - 19 or the student population works from 9-3 and then has classes from 3-10, leaving not much room for dating throughout the week.

Hope you enjoyed the datasheet, if you have any questions, feel free to pm me.

Interesting data sheet on a still untouched city. What has the city going on for it besides girl? Is it a nice and interesting place to stay?

Nice data sheet O.P. but how big a role did your 6’5 height and your intermediate Spanish play in your success with girls there as opposed to it being an easy city to game in? Do you think an average height guy with beginner Spanish would still do okay there?

Quote: (04-14-2018 04:47 PM)semibaron Wrote:  

Interesting data sheet on a still untouched city. What has the city going on for it besides girl? Is it a nice and interesting place to stay?

Honestly not that much, its very cheap to live there and there are many nice touristic places closeby, such as guanajuato city, san miguel de allende and guadajalara is like 2h away.

Quote: (04-14-2018 04:55 PM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

Nice data sheet O.P. but how big a role did your 6’5 height and your intermediate Spanish play in your success with girls there as opposed to it being an easy city to game in? Do you think an average height guy with beginner Spanish would still do okay there?

I think the average height is 1.70 there, so if you are 1.80 - 1.85 you will do well. I think you can still do well, many girls speak English. Also I literally run zero game, so if you believe that works you can do even better.

Its not as untouched as people think. From what i understand, lot of people in American fashion propos go there on business, its thé shoe capital or something. I met a lot of people in guadalajara who had been there

Did you airbnb it? Which area in Leon would you recommend to stay?

Quote: (04-15-2018 07:56 AM)godzilla Wrote:  

Its not as untouched as people think. From what i understand, lot of people in American fashion propos go there on business, its thé shoe capital or something. I met a lot of people in guadalajara who had been there

Its the leather capital of south and north america yeah, but most people just fly in for the fairs Anpic and Sapica, even when I was in Anpic I didn't see many foreigners.

Quote: (04-15-2018 09:19 AM)tobehero Wrote:  

Did you airbnb it? Which area in Leon would you recommend to stay?

Airbnb is fine, very cheap. I used it for the first week when I arrived so I could look for an appartment, I just walked around in Rosario and campestre and wrote down phone numbers that were listed on various appartments, you can also look online for this.

I recommend Rosario, that's where I stayed. Otherwise Campestre, or any place near Plaza mayor is good

Stay far far away from Las Joyas (west part of the city) this can be very dangerous for foreigners.

Quote: (04-14-2018 06:20 PM)Heightcel Wrote:  

Honestly not that much, its very cheap to live there and there are many nice touristic places closeby, such as guanajuato city, san miguel de allende and guadajalara is like 2h away.

I think the average height is 1.70 there, so if you are 1.80 - 1.85 you will do well. I think you can still do well, many girls speak English. Also I literally run zero game, so if you believe that works you can do even better.

out of curiosity how many notches did you get?

Quote: (04-15-2018 01:22 PM)HighBaller Wrote:  

Quote: (04-14-2018 06:20 PM)Heightcel Wrote:  

out of curiosity how many notches did you get?

4, 2 of which were short term relations

I had an unexpected overnight in Leon a few years back. As a city it’s not that’s nice compared to others in that region. I didn’t game at all and had no desire to be there anyway, but I’d choose other cities in Bajío before Leon if I had a choice.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.