rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Video editing for web

Video editing for web

What do you use to edit and create videos for Youtube or similar?

Sound, cutting, effects etc?

Do you need a high powered laptop to do it and can it be done online?

Video editing for web

Depends on how complicated you need it:

Windows Movie Maker is halfway decent for simple editing where you're just cutting something together and adding a voiceover. iMovie is good but it's mostly the same thing as WMM, just on an iOS device.

Adobe Premiere Elements is very good, and a much lower cost than the full product, which you don't need unless you're producing a rapey-wood movie.

Also WMM is hard to find since it's technically been discontinued, should be a working link here:
http://web.archive.org/web/2017011212450...up-all.exe

Team visible roots
"The Carousel Stops For No Man" - Tuthmosis
Quote: (02-11-2019 05:10 PM)Atlanta Man Wrote:  
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Video editing for web

Quote: (03-16-2018 09:46 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

Depends on how complicated you need it:

Windows Movie Maker is halfway decent for simple editing where you're just cutting something together and adding a voiceover. iMovie is good but it's mostly the same thing as WMM, just on an iOS device.

Adobe Premiere Elements is very good, and a much lower cost than the full product, which you don't need unless you're producing a rapey-wood movie.

Also WMM is hard to find since it's technically been discontinued, should be a working link here:
http://web.archive.org/web/2017011212450...up-all.exe

I'm a total noob here.

I want to cut 1.5 hour film into maybe 5 minutes. Some effects like speeding up, some sort of fade(?) between scenes.

How much specs do you need for video editing? I have an old laptop atm, because my new one died. This current one can't even play a high def MP4 file without lagging, so I definitely need an upgrade.

Video editing for web

Well your source files won't grow during editing so those are whatever size they are + the output, if your destination is YouTube at 1080 I would budget about 100-150 MB per minute. Bitrates vary but that seems to be YT standard. Effects may take up some overhead space too but on a simplistic program like WMM it won't be much.

I've done some basic cutting and even live broadsting at 720 with an almost 10 year old i3 desktop so most newer computers should be able to handle it.

Make sure you have up to date graphics drivers too, lots of video playback work is handled by the graphics chipset and not the CPU.

Team visible roots
I take pussy how it comes -but I do now prefer it shaved low at least-you cannot eat what you cannot see.

Video editing for web

Da Vinci Resolve (https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/product...ciresolve/) is really good. Free and has a ton of great features - no need to pay for any editing software if you're just doing the basics

Crash

Video editing for web

I still say adobe premiere and after effects are great purchases. I use those, they’re pretty taxing on basic computers however

"You can't be broke and happy. So me, I'm mad rich"-Lil Wayne

"Give her an escape from reality, Give her a personal oasis and she'll always come back for more."

Video editing for web

Quote: (03-16-2018 10:50 PM)DJ-Matt Wrote:  

I've done some basic cutting and even live broadsting at 720 with an almost 10 year old i3 desktop so most newer computers should be able to handle it.

Make sure you have up to date graphics drivers too, lots of video playback work is handled by the graphics chipset and not the CPU.

What is the minimum specs would you say, including graphic card, to do basic photo editing?

I had an i7 8gb ram laptop, but when I look up prices, it is actually more expensive now for the same specs, despite the fact my old laptop was 5 years old!

Video editing for web

Quote: (03-17-2018 01:48 PM)nomadbrah Wrote:  

What is the minimum specs would you say, including graphic card, to do basic photo editing?

I had an i7 8gb ram laptop, but when I look up prices, it is actually more expensive now for the same specs, despite the fact my old laptop was 5 years old!

Keep in mind I'm not doing seriously intensive editing so my advice is for that, but the desktop I mentioned earlier is this:

[Image: attachment.jpg38698]   

Which is an old Dell Precision desktop, I like to use PassMark scores to judge how fast a computer is and this one clocks in at 3679. They do have Intel integrated graphics which are pretty good, but they came with NVIDIA Quadro 600 cards in them.

So I would say anything with that number or higher should be fine for video, since these are able to do 720 live streaming at a high quality rate with OBS.

I almost forgot to mention, if you have Intel integrated video, it likely supports this for acceleration:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/...neral.html

Team visible roots