rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dealing with this....

Dealing with this....

Hi there,
I'm sure alot of ye experienced guys would have dealt with this: You're getting on great with a girl, she seems interested and what have you. Next thing some random bloke strolls up and wants to intervene in the conver.....with the intention of getting off with the bird....
it happens alot......

what do ye do? In the best possible polite way....

Dealing with this....

Treat him as you'd treat a female cockblocker.

“Did you really just do that? I’m being friendly and respectful to your friend and you rudely interrupt. Did your parents teach you to be anti-social like that?”
From Roosh's "How to End Cockblocking As We Know It" was geared to female friends, if its a guy she doesn't know tweak it to something along the lines of:

"We're having a conversation here and you're interrupting. Did your parents teach you to be anti-social like that?”

Touch him lightly on the arm or shoulder while saying this in a slow, deep, matter of fact (and nonaggressive) voice, don't sound like a pussy doing it.

Most guys would fuck off from that point. Don't antagonize or try and start a fight with him. Just try and stay cool, calm and collected.

Dealing with this....

If I had to take a guess, you need to present yourself in a more imposing way. If this is happening a lot it means guys are looking at you and seeing an easy target.

I never sit when in a bar/lounge atmosphere. Standing makes you taller. You can spread your feet shoulder width, and sprawl your arms out. TAKE UP SPACE. Stand like you fucking belong there, like that little chunk of the bar is YOURS. Straighten your back, shoulders squared, and chest out. Dont stand like a gorilla, but with confidence. Hit the gym maybe, bulk up, be more imposing.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Dealing with this....

Quote: (09-17-2011 04:40 PM)joez79 Wrote:  

Hi there,
I'm sure alot of ye experienced guys would have dealt with this: You're getting on great with a girl, she seems interested and what have you. Next thing some random bloke strolls up and wants to intervene in the conver.....with the intention of getting off with the bird....
it happens alot......

A little off-topic, but interesting: you have one post and somehow have one reputation. How did you get rep'd for asking a simple question...awesome.

Dealing with this....

Quote: (09-18-2011 12:16 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (09-17-2011 04:40 PM)joez79 Wrote:  

Hi there,
it happens alot......

A little off-topic, but interesting: you have one post and somehow have one reputation. How did you get rep'd for asking a simple question...awesome.

i'm not sure if I'm following you here, I'm new to board!

Dealing with this....

Quote: (09-18-2011 09:59 AM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

If I had to take a guess, you need to present yourself in a more imposing way. If this is happening a lot it means guys are looking at you and seeing an easy target.

I never sit when in a bar/lounge atmosphere. Standing makes you taller. You can spread your feet shoulder width, and sprawl your arms out. TAKE UP SPACE. Stand like you fucking belong there, like that little chunk of the bar is YOURS. Straighten your back, shoulders squared, and chest out. Dont stand like a gorilla, but with confidence. Hit the gym maybe, bulk up, be more imposing.

Cool thanks I'll certainly bear that in mind, taking care not to overdo it - like a dick.....

Dealing with this....

Quote: (09-17-2011 09:51 PM)P Dog Wrote:  

Treat him as you'd treat a female cockblocker.

“Did you really just do that? I’m being friendly and respectful to your friend and you rudely interrupt. Did your parents teach you to be anti-social like that?”
From Roosh's "How to End Cockblocking As We Know It" was geared to female friends, if its a guy she doesn't know tweak it to something along the lines of:

"We're having a conversation here and you're interrupting. Did your parents teach you to be anti-social like that?”

Touch him lightly on the arm or shoulder while saying this in a slow, deep, matter of fact (and nonaggressive) voice, don't sound like a pussy doing it.

Most guys would fuck off from that point. Don't antagonize or try and start a fight with him. Just try and stay cool, calm and collected.

It's good for someone to confirm the correct course of action....many thanks.....you're dead right about the 'not wanting to start a fight aspect'....