rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Google Flights: a Chrome Extension Adds Legroom to Search Results

Usually I use skyscanner to select a flight.

My criteria when I select a flight to purchase are: time, price and the reputation of the airline.

Yesterday, I was wondering if there is a way to add seat width and seat pitch to the selection criteria.

[Image: SeatPitch_11.jpg]

I didn’t find a way to add a filter with this 2 values, but there is a way to show directly in the list of flight the legroom (which is actually the seat pitch).

See the link bellow to add the Chrome extension.

It’s a nice feature, so maybe next time that I have to purchase a flight I will use this additional value to select a flight.

[Image: 599674_10151128563207582_608666049_n.jpg]

https://thepointsguy.com/2017/07/google-...extension/

Quote:Quote:

all passengers and premium cabin travelers rejoice! While Google Flights is already great for searching flights and finding new destinations, there’s now an easy Google Chrome extension that makes searching Google Flights even easier.

Users of Google Flights know that the website displays helpful information about different flight options such as flight number, duration, legroom or business-class recline (lie-flat, angle-flat, recliner), Wi-Fi, power and in-flight entertainment options:

However, these options are only displayed once you select a particular flight option. Google Flights doesn’t let you filter search results by these options or display these details in the search results.

While comprehensive filtering would be nice for those of us relying on Wi-Fi or power when we travel, a lot of travelers are just interested in the legroom from these results. Until the “SEAT Act” passes requiring minimum seat sizes on flights, there’s going to continue to be notable differences between airlines. Low-cost carriers are going to push the limits of human flexibility while legacy carriers are being guilted into not going below 30 inches of pitch.

Now, rather than having to click on each individual flight option, a new Chrome extension will show you the legroom right in the search results.

Here’s how to set it up:

1. Open Chrome. (Unfortunately, this extension isn’t available on other browsers)

2. Browse to the Legrooms for Google Flights extension install page

3. Click “Add to Chrome” and confirm

That’s it! Now, open Google Flights and do a search to see the results. If you search for economy flights, seat pitch (the distance between seatbacks) will be displayed in the search results.

If you’re searching Google Flights for business or first class, the Legroom for Google Flights extension will add the seat recline information to the initial search results.

Now we just need a Chrome extension that will show the relative bitchiness of the flight crews on the airline associated with each search result.

I'm the King of Beijing!