rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Datasheet: Kelowna, BC, Canada

First post, long time lurker, thought I would start it off with a datasheet of one of my favorite places.

Kelowna, British Columbia home to about 200,000 people is where Canadians come to vacation and party. This place has the nickname California North for a reason - it is a pure party town in the summer. Anyone with money in Western Canada and perhaps the country, has a summer house (and boat) in or around Kelowna. This place is overflowing with attractive girls both local and summer vacationers. Average high in July is about 28C but can get hotter. Definitely a must if you're in Western Canada one summer.

GETTING HERE:
YLW, Kelowna's international airport is usually ridiculously easy and fast. Not a big airport but can get here from a lot of places. Driving time is about 6.5 hours from Calgary, 9.5 hours from Edmonton and 4 hours from Vancouver. All these drives are easy in the summer (winter is another story) and visually stunning as you head through the Rocky Mountains from the East and through the Cascade range on the Coquihalla Highway from the West.

THE LAKE:
Kelowna is on the beautiful Lake Okanagan, making boating and watersports very popular in the summer. The lake is huge, very clean and deep. Beaches to visit are Hot Sands Beach in City Park right downtown and Gyro beach in the south end of town. Both are huge and have long sandy beaches with volleyball courts and other amenities. Also worth checking out is Lake Kalamalka (0.5 hours North) famous for its Caribbean blue-green color. Shuswap Lake and Lake Mara are also close (1.5 hours North) and offer a more rugged wilderness landscape.

GIRLS & GAME:
Local girls and tourists are ridiculously hot and tanned in the summer. Demographics are 85% white. Lots of students here as University of British Columbia Okanagan campus (UBCO) and Okanagan College (OC) are here. I find girls receptive to daygame around the boardwalk downtown and at the public beaches. Social circle game is useful and my prefered method here. Making male friends here has the advantage of getting on their boat and then meeting even more girls. People here just like to have a good time on vacation. I once ended up wakeboarding on an NHL player's boat who I just met. Girls here are known for being fairly promiscuous and slutty so you'll have luck with pretty basic game. If they are local then they're used to hooking up with someone from the bar or whatever and if they're vacationing then they're on vacation, so you know they're looking for fun. Win-win situation.

NIGHTLIFE:
Favorite place to start the night is Cactus Club Yacht Club, this chain restaurant has some of the best looking girls I've seen in Canada as customers and as servers. Right on the water, cool, high-end yet casual vibe, would recommend. There's also Earl's along the downtown marina that has relatively classy cocktails and eats.

Liquid Zoo:
Pretty unique place downtown. It's a strip club that doubles as a normal club. Has a stripper stage and a dance floor on the other side that plays different music from the strip club part. Drinks aren't cheap and men pay cover but it somehow attracts some pretty attractive girls. Not really the classiest place but still fun. Most guys are over drooling at the stripper stage so tons of hot girls roam the dance floor in a 2:1 favorable ratio. This place is busy most nights (especially weekends of course). Crowd is 19-25.

OK Corral:
Kelowna's country bar that is not downtown. Pretty good on Thursday nights and is pretty busy in the summer months. Weekends are decent too. Expect a bull and lots of country dancing. Helps if you know how to country two-step or swing dance, but they do offer lessons. Honestly not that bad and I would recommend for anyone who enjoys country music and dancing. Crowd is 22-35.

Sapphire:
Standard club downtown. Hit and miss. Average club music. It's just OK. Girls are decent. Crowd is 19-30 ish.

Level:
Downtown club. Really good on "College Thursdays" so obviously lots of college girls and cheap drinks. Place has three levels, hence the name. I had fun and easily the best place on a Thursday. Crowd is 19-23.

Rose's Waterfront Pub:
This downtown pub gets stupid packed on weekends and I don't really know why. Music is very average top 40 but offers a more relaxed vibe (and volume) than a club. Expect to wait forever to get in on weekends. A local favorite but not mine. Girls are high quality though so worth it to get there early and avoid the line. Crowd is 19-25.

Check the websites for the place(s) you decide to go and try to get guest lists to avoid paying cover.
--
Winter:
Kelowna dies down significantly in the winter but there are top-notch ski resorts nearby. Big White is the better and larger resort and is about an hour away. Silver Star is the other and is about an hour and 15 minutes away. Average February temperature high is 3.6C.

Other Tips:
- Worth renting a boat and/or seadoos here with some friends for as long as your budget allows, the lake is just awesome for watersports.
- Kelowna has hostels for backpackers or younger people just on a budget.
- Has a rep for being high crime for Canada but I've never really felt that vibe, just mind your own business really.
- Lots of great wineries nearby. Good date idea is to go wine tasting.
- Great hiking and scenic viewpoints all around Kelowna and in Kettle Valley with historic train trestles.

I love it here and hope some of you guys in Western Canada or the US get the chance to go one summer. Cheers.

Very accurate, I’ve spent part of every summer in Kelowna for the last 20yrs. It’s changed a lot in that time from sleepy Okanagan town to a tourist destination. I love the 35C+ heat in the summer and all the hot girls that are easier to pull than west coast snobs.

One thing I’ll add is that Kelowna can be quite superficial, being in good shape is important.