rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Data sheet. La paz - Bolivia

La Paz - Bolivia

City Overview :
-La Paz is the de facto capital of Bolivia and nicknamed, the highest capital in the world because of its altitude of 3660 meters. The city view from the hills is amazing but once inside the city its disappointing. Bolivia is poor and so is its capital. Dirty streets, lots of pollution and just a few things to do.

Girls : 4/10. I give this low rating because La Paz girls are very unattractive in general. They are short, flat chested and with flat,saggy asses. They are not fat but most have belly’s. There faces are unappealing and considered the ugliest in South America. 95 % of people is indigenous. Even the teenage girls aren’t hot. I won’t rate lower because they aren’t fat hogs and most have bangable/boner test bodies but ugly faces.

Sight seeing : All places of interest non pick up
-Killi killi viewpoint
-See some statues walking on the main boulevard – El Prado.
-San Francisco cathedral
-Mountainbike down the Death road ( yes, people die there, Bolivia has no safety rules) 70 dollar.
-Visit Lake Titicaca for a few days, 4 hours by bus. ( relaxed atmosphere and dirt cheap )
-Watch indigenous people on the streets and markets.
-Cholita wrestling ( youtube this, haha )

Lodging :
-Loki hostel – Party hostel with lots of young backpackers. Dorm bed from 7 dollars
-Wild rover Hostel – Party hostel with lots of young backpackers. Dorm bed from 7 dollars
-Find a (double) hotel room between 8 and 12 dollar. ( Shared bathroom, not the cleanest )
-3 and 4 star hotel rooms are 30 dollars and up

Day game spots :
-Daygaming in La paz is a joke, girls are so ugly that its hard to find one to game.
-Walk along Prado boulevard and withstand the car fumes and try to find a girl.
-Only one mall, and most shops have either old women or very young teenage girls working there.

Nightlife spots :
-The party hostels, entrance is free if you come to drink, full of young backpacker girls.
-Blue house discoteca – underground disco full of drunken backpackers and some local ugly girls, after 3 am some richer hot girls show up but most of them with boyfriend. (been there 3 times, never again)
-Mongos, small bar/restaurant that doubles as a discoteca at night, very small and hot inside, not really interesting ( been there 3 times,never again )
-Titaka’s – Underground reggae bar with cheap drinks and live band. Nice place if you’re into reggae which I am . ( been there 1 time and liked it )
-Traffic, bar /restaurant that doubles as a discoteca, reasonable place to go out, good music but expensive drinks ( been there 2 twice, liked it )
-Hard rock Café. – Not really only rock, they play all kinds of music ( been there once, liked it)
-Route 36- Dirty underground bar where you can buy overpriced cocaine. ( been there once, didn’t like it)
-Local bars and Cumbia discotecas, Don’t go there without a Bolivian accompanying you. They will kick your ass if you talk to their girls. If with a local girl, the guys are friendly. ( been multiple places, liked it)

Ease of approaching :
-Huge language barrier for non Spanish speakers
-50/50 guy/girl ratio in most bars. Lots of gringo’s. Being a gringo means no extra value.
-Most places are stand up places with no special dancing skills needed.

Prices and other stuff :
-Phone card is dirt cheap but needs to be registered with passport ( Spanish skills needed)
-Food is cheap is you know where to go. I would advice to eat lots of rice and chicken to keep your stomach intact. Getting sick here is very easy.
-Drinks in bars and discoteca’s are between 1 and 4 dollars
-Most taxi won’t ask more than 1,5 dollar in the city but bargaining is required.
-P4P – no info
-everyday goods are cheap, electronics are not and hard to find.

Logistics :
-The whole city center is walkable and taxi’s are cheap. Minibusses throughout the city cost 20 dollarcents.

Safety :
-La paz is very safe if you’re not stupid and use common sense when walking around(at night)

Overall pros and cons :

Pros : Cheap, cheap, cheap

Cons : Dirty, people aren’t particularly friendly, lots of pollution, pretty girls are very hard to find.

Personal experience :
-I stayed in La Paz just over 2 weeks to take daily Spanish private lessons.The altitude makes it difficult to breathe the first days. I banged a Bolivian girl HB6.5 after lots of dating ( met her and her slutty friends in Traffic) and a very young Spanish girl HB6 (met in the Hard Rock café) and banged her for 5 days in her apartment.

Final Thoughts :
La Paz is a dirty and boring city , I will never return there and won’t advice anyone to go there if you’re planning to pick up girls. I regret staying there so long and taking my Spanish lessons there and not in Santa Cruz/Bolivia where I am now. I’ve seen more hot girls there in 1 hour of walking around than in 2 weeks of La Paz.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

Damn, that was a helluva a post. Just the info I needed. It pretty much confirms what I suspected. I started another thread on here asking for info about Santa Cruz and no one had solid info. I'm planning on heading there later this year, if you could breakdown that city the same way you did La Paz it would be much appreciated. Good luck in the trenches.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

yeah, La Paz doesn't have much to offer.

By any chance did you notice that every local guy in the bar had a nice shirt that was extremely wrinkled? I know it's a weird question but I went to a nice club in La Paz many years ago and EVERY dude's shirt looked like it was wadded in a ball for a week before he put it on, apparently they didn't have irons there in 2002.

Probably the worst place i have been to in the world and i've been to 30 or so countries. Went to a few bars...all sucked, taxi drivers screwed me over, hostel staff stole from me, people at the bar were not friendly and i was the only gringo in every bar and spoke excellent Spanish.

Lake Titicaca is cool though.

im curious why u even went to la paz.

Quote: (09-10-2011 08:59 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

yeah, La Paz doesn't have much to offer.

By any chance did you notice that every local guy in the bar had a nice shirt that was extremely wrinkled? I know it's a weird question but I went to a nice club in La Paz many years ago and EVERY dude's shirt looked like it was wadded in a ball for a week before he put it on, apparently they didn't have irons there in 2002.

Probably the worst place i have been to in the world and i've been to 30 or so countries. Went to a few bars...all sucked, taxi drivers screwed me over, hostel staff stole from me, people at the bar were not friendly and i was the only gringo in every bar and spoke excellent Spanish.

Lake Titicaca is cool though.

Update, they still don´t have irons in Bolivia. Yep La paz sucks iand i will not likely return there.

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

Quote: (09-10-2011 09:42 PM)Dash Global Wrote:  

im curious why u even went to la paz.

I went there to have private Spanish lessons for cheap. I did but didnt like the city. I really wish that i went to Santa Cruz instead where i am now. Its way cooler here and a lot of hot girls around. Didn´t know that beforehand.

I spent some days in La Paz a couple of weeks ago,

My Info doesn't warrant a new data sheet, but I thought I'll update the info Neil gave 2011 with my own experiences 2013

Overview:

First of all I concur with all of Neils observations. They are accurate and still valid

The Bolivian people that live on the Altiplano are IMO the least attractive people I have meet thus far in my life. And I have been to a lot of countries. Furthermore they are unfriendly and seem to be in some state of constant grumpiness. And I speak almost fluent Spanish meanwhile, so it's not because I didn't speak the local lingo.

I wasn't there to pick-up girls, since I already heard that Bolivian girls where unattractive. I was there for touristy reasons. Don’t go to La Paz for macking on girls. There are a gazillion other places that are better suited for this.

Girls: Read above and read what Neil wrote about them. Generally very unappealing and unattractive. The bangable ones are few and far between.

City-Layout: La Paz is built pretty funky right into a canyon. You come into it through El Alto, which is technically its own city, and then descend down into a canyon. La Paz is built into that canyon. The lower and more south you go the richer the neighborhoods with Macrodistrito sur being the richest apparently.

Centro & Sopocachi: The city center and also has the main street through the city “el prado”. Lots of restaurants and shops are here and it’s close to Lokis and Wild Rover

San Miguel: One of the richer neighborhoods in the south. Lot’s of nice cafes and nicer architecture than the upper part of town. Also nearby is the only mall of La Paz, megacenter, which has a nice cinema and food court.

The rest: El Alto looks really shitty from the bus, the Neighborhoods up the hill also aren’t anything special. I recommend sticking to Cento, Spocachi and San Miguel.

Costs: Can't give an exact breakdown, but everything was super cheap so I didn't care.

Nightlife and lodging: Now this is the juicy bit and it’s tied together. The drill here is easy. Go to either Loki or Wild Rover hostel, get a single room (though that is not mandatory if you don’t have problems banging in a dorm, or on the stairs, or in the showers or in whatever corner of the hostel you care to bang). Every evening wild rover and Loki have parties. Go there. Talk to girls. Get laid. Rinse and repeat or stay with a keeper. While I was there, there was on offer: English and Irish girls (obviously huge sl00ts), Brazilian girls, Chilean girls and Peruvian girls.

I walked into the party there the night of the day I arrived in La Paz, and I ended up banging the second girl I approached. Since I was happy with my girl and I didn’t care to party every fucking night, I stayed with my girl the rest of my couple days in La Paz, but I guess you could repeat this every night.

Be aware that the Party in both the party hostels goes until 2 o’clock, so you won’t be able to sleep beforehand, because the music is really fucking loud.

Good thing is Loki and Wild Rover are like 2 minutes apart, just around the corner, so if one party is lame you can just switch to the party in the other hostel. Be aware though that they are really Nazi about letting people from outside of the hostel stay overnight and there is a doorman the whole night and day which controls the ppl that go in and out.

Logistics: Read above about the party hostels. There are also love motels. There are allegedly some really good and clean ones in the south, but there are also some in the centro that cost basically nothing if you don’t mind fucking in a dump. Just tell the taxi driver you want to go to a nearby place for couples to spend the night and he will take you to the closest one. Some of them are real dumps, looking like some crack den, but some are okay-ish.

Security: Didn't have any problems and always felt save. The usual rules for big cities apply as always.

Health: First, Be aware that, depending where you come from, the altitude can give you problems. Luckily it didn't affect me, but for some people it causes real trouble. If you plan to go to the Altiplano, I suggest that you read up on altitude sickness.

Secondly, Bolivians have extremely poor standards of hygiene. The hygiene standards in a middle class Bolivian restaurant kitchen is somewhere between street food vendor in the red light district of Beijing Saturday 3 o'clock and a roadside public toilet in rural France. I pride myself of having an iron stomach but in la Paz I managed to pick up not only 1, but 2 intestinal parasites. They had funky latin names and I got rid of them with some pills, but it was a rather inconvenient experience. I never had stomach problems in all other countries I’ve been too, not in Asia, not in eastern Europe and not in Latin America. Thanks Bolivia.

Doc,

Just why on earth did you go to La Paz? Are you interested in starting a Coca Leaf syndicate? No? Then, again, what compelled you to go there? Sheer masochism? [Image: wink.gif]

Spent about 5 days in La Paz back in 2011, so when I saw the thread I thought I'd add my .02 cents.

Had a similar experience to Doc and Neil. On the whole La Paz is a bit of a shithole. Very little to see and even less to do. The death road cycle was worth it.

Stayed in the Loki. Decent nightlife with lots of backpacker cunts, and a lot of chubby European backpacker chicks. Nights can be fun but become repetitive quickly. Cocaine is rampant. It's cheap. And pretty fucking good.

Local women are bad. Especially the ones who are 40+. Jesus. Up there with native Australians in terms of unattractiveness.

There are some nicer locals. With heavier European ancestry. The best place for these is the Zona Sur. When I was there we ended up in a place called Soundbar on a Friday. Easiest place I've ever been in my life. People treated us like rockstars. All three of us had been chatted up before we even got to the bar. If you're average height and white, go here.

A side note, the wrestling Neil alluded to was on in a place called El Alto. A city above La Paz. I read that it's less than 1% European ancestry here.

I made the mistake of using a public toilet. What do those people eat. I'll never forget that smell.

Quote: (10-20-2013 09:02 PM)Arg expert Wrote:  

Doc,

Just why on earth did you go to La Paz? Are you interested in starting a Coca Leaf syndicate? No? Then, again, what compelled you to go there? Sheer masochism? [Image: wink.gif]

I quote my post above:

Quote:Doc Wrote:

I wasn't there to pick-up girls, since I already heard that Bolivian girls where unattractive. I was there for touristy reasons.

It's not like I went to La Paz for the girls, I mean even outside of the RVF lots of travelers will tell you ppl on the Altiplano are ugly mofos. I was well aware that it would be a barren land in regard to quality poon. But there are many reasons I travel, and it's not always about shagging girls. There was some stuff I wanted to see and do on the Altiplano. But since I was allready there and my other activities where during the day time I figured I could as well do some pick up and share my exp with you guys. Especially since there was only one data sheet on La Paz and I think it's a frequent destination for guys who do a SA tour.

I was in La Paz for a few days waiting for a connector. All the reports here are still accurate. Bagged a german chick at the hostel. No luck with the locals.

Bolia in general is a destination purely for experiencing the nature and culture. It has grat historical sites like Puma Punku, canyons, caves, the silver mine in Potosi, djungles and mountains. More adventurous things to do around La Paz is to climbe the mountain Huayna Potosi thats just outside of the city. I didnt do it, but apparently there are regular tours to the summit. Be aware, that to do that yu have to be well aclimatized, fit and preferely have some experience with mountanering.
I dont know if its still possible to do but the prison San Pedro in La Paz used to have inofficial tours that the inmates provided to tourists. Apparetly its safe since its an income for them, sounds crazy? Then I recomend to read the book "Marching Powder" to get to know more about that.
But yeah, besides that and some museums, La Paz is just to get away to different parts of the country or the continent. Its dirty, boring, I would consider it to be unsafe and once again, the girls are the ugliest I have ever encountered, not worth dealing with.

I've never been to Bolivia but been very close. Lake Titicaca on the Peru side to be exact.
I got intrigued when people started talking about the ugliness of La Paz girls in this thread so I decided to do some "research" to see what the deal is.

Here are some random photos I pulled when doing a Google image search for "Bolivia Girls" and "La Paz Girls".
I ignored the obvious model/beauty queen photos.

Cant say I am too impressed.

Is this how the average girl on the streets of La Paz looks like?

[Image: attachment.jpg31506]   

[Image: attachment.jpg31507]   

[Image: attachment.jpg31508]   

[Image: attachment.jpg31509]   

Buakaw, Thats ^^^^ 100% spot on unfortunatly. If you have been to the Andean regions of the neighboring countries (like Peru) its about the same, only difference with Bolivia is that your googled pics is about 90% of the whole population.

Quote: (05-12-2016 05:59 AM)IDrinkYourMilkShake Wrote:  

Buakaw, Thats ^^^^ 100% spot on unfortunatly. If you have been to the Andean regions of the neighboring countries (like Peru) its about the same, only difference with Bolivia is that your googled pics is about 90% of the whole population.

Incorrect. These are women from La Paz and the Andean / Altiplano regions.

In Santa Cruz and other regions you have some quality Latinas along these lines.

[Image: 5579f3bfab1b1.jpg]

Random image from google.

You'd die of overexposure to that irritating Bolivian flute music before finding women like these in La Paz.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.

I've been all over South and Central America, and La Paz is far from the worst. If you want to talk about uninspired, try Asunción. The place is grey and lifeless.

Quote: (05-12-2016 08:35 AM)getdownonit Wrote:  

Quote: (05-12-2016 05:59 AM)IDrinkYourMilkShake Wrote:  

Incorrect. These are women from La Paz and the Andean / Altiplano regions.

In Santa Cruz and other regions you have some quality Latinas along these lines.

[Image: 5579f3bfab1b1.jpg]

Random image from google.

You'd die of overexposure to that irritating Bolivian flute music before finding women like these in La Paz.

I have to admit that I have not been to Santa Cruz, and if the standard of the girls on that pic is somewhat common there, well thats a hughe step up from La Paz.

Yeah in Bolivia Santa Cruz is as good as it gets. Still no reason to go there over Colombia or Brasil

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.

A true friend is the most precious of all possessions and the one we take the least thought about acquiring.