rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Philippines - Eye Contact (or lack thereof)

So I'm currently in Phil, as part of a massive travel adventure for the next 12 months. Obviously beforehand I lurked here quite an but and got a tonne of great info and what to expect when I got here, which got my expectations high about Filipinas and their openness to white guys .

I spent 1 day in Manila staying in Makati and now currently in Borocay at Station 1.

In terms of actually getting laid I've nailed 2 girls in the 3 days I've been here through Tinder. So online game works quite well and I get a lot of matches with some pretty hot girls as well.

However what I'm not experiencing is this rockstar effect, 'You'll get eye fucked by girls constantly" and "groups of girls will stare and you and giggle" that I hear so many guys talk about that go there. I'm getting eye contact here and there but nothing like what people describe here. I went for a walk through SM Mall of Asia and Greenbelt Mall and girls there didn't really seem to care at all, same here walking down the street in Borocay.

Is this a location thing? Or am I just ugly and even Filipinas aren't into me? I can't complain as I'm getting laid, but I feel like I'm missing out somewhat on that cool rockstar feeling everyone else gets.

For reference I'm white Australian (look more European) 28, 5'10" brown hair, fair skin with average build. I consider myself just your average looking guy but have been told I am a bit above average looks wise so who knows.

It's not the 80s anymore, people in Manila have seen white people before. If you're interested in a filipina, you should go up and introduce yourself. Gaming them is easier than Western girls, but no ones going to throw themselves at you because you're white.

You need to get your ass on a plane to some random remote shit hole where the people will wave at you and say "Hey Joe!" there you'll find the white God factor you seek. For me it was a six hour bus ride Cebu island from the city towards Malaspascua (Bad Easter!) island to go scuba diving with thresher sharks, which was awesome. Whatever the name of the town is up there where you get on the boat, I stayed over night there at a hotel called Skip's place, up there people will stare.

I know and I'm happy to put in the work. I was just referencing the countless threads here and elsewhere explaining about the white god factor. And curious about why I'm not really getting that.

So in Manila or more so Makati and tourist spots like Borocay you shouldn't really expect that level of staring?

I read your data sheets by the way which were an amazing resource [Image: smile.gif]

Manila/Makati there are a lot of white folk. I just stepped into the Coffee Bean place in century city and half the place was White. I think you have to hit up the more remote regions to have more of that erotic feel.

The WGF should bump you up in Manila to middle class girls though. That means if a random white dude was a 7 somewhere else he'd be an 8.2 here, I'm thinking. If your in the poorer areas that might become a 8.6 due to the economic factor. But, unfortunately, if girls fell over and spread because you are white the place would be more popular than it is im thinking

But I've only been here a day. I got stared at a ton making my way to the mall, but there is a difference between being stared at because your different and girls jocking

Ya of course, you're just another honkey on the street bro who the fuck cares? Its a city of ten million and you're staying in the financial district where all of the embassies and HQs of multinationals are located, you're just another white face in a sea of people passing by. You can find people who will stare at you in Manila but you'll have to get out of Makati, I promise you that if you take a taxi to Tondo in Manila then people will stare at you.

I hope that you've got other boxes to check off on your list than being stared at by people in public. You should get off the internet and go walk around, buy a homeless dude a piece of pizza, do some water sports since you're in Boracay (wind surfing, scuba diving, etc), get a massage, hit up the Hobbit House, fuck I don't know, just go do stuff.

Quote: (09-05-2017 11:41 PM)LoveBug Wrote:  

Manila/Makati there are a lot of white folk. I just stepped into the Coffee Bean place in century city and half the place was White. I think you have to hit up the more remote regions to have more of that erotic feel.

The WGF should bump you up in Manila to middle class girls though. That means if a random white dude was a 7 somewhere else he'd be an 8.2 here, I'm thinking. If your in the poorer areas that might become a 8.6 due to the economic factor. But, unfortunately, if girls fell over and spread because you are white the place would be more popular than it is im thinking

8.2-8.6 haha, only 0.4 for the economic factor eh?

I've only been here a day, so don't mind me [Image: smile.gif]

Actually I've been stared at a lot, as a slightly above average just turned 39, looking early 30s white dude (who stands 6'4 though). Just hard to differentiate why I've been stared at I suppose [Image: smile.gif]

Of course , I've been doing heaps of cool shit. Phil is a great place and I have another few weeks here.

I'm just curious about the whole rockstar effect guys get from girls here, as I feel I'm missing out somewhat.

Do they say anything or just Bert staring you?

This is beta mindset, your probably giving off bad vibes even pondering this shit.

I probably worded the OP wrong... and the title
Should probably read Filipinas giving IOI's rather than people staring.

As I said having no issues getting laid from tinder at all. I just want to understand other people's experiences with this.

I remember two and a half years ago I was getting constantly eye raped while I was waiting for my date in Makati.

Either I had a different experience, or things have changed since.

Nah it's probably the same. To be honest Manila/Makati for me was just a one day layover of sorts before heading to Boracay. And I spent in total about 3 hours max out and about so probably not a great source of what's actually happening.

There were traces of it when I first arrived in the Philippines in 2015. But by late 2016 it was pretty rare. The country received a ton of hype in recent years, and for a time it was the Promised Land for all of those manosphere "leaving the west forever" kind of neckbeards, along with europoors and of course the typical degenerates that had been flocking there for ages, some of which have gone viral on Facebook, due to begging or living on the street, all of which rapidly accelerated the decline. All that being said, it's still probably one of the best countries out there.

Like others have said, being white is no longer free rockstar status, in any country.

My guess is a big part of this is you hyped it up in your head. You thought it was going to be a situation where you land in this foreign country and all the girls would be looking at you from the moment you arrive.

I can understand why you had thought that. There is some exaggeration by guys, but there is also some truth to it. They do look at you.

What you have done is gone to the two most foreign friendly places in the Philippines. Greenbelt in Makati and Boracay. If you want to be a novelty then take scotian's advice go to the non touristy places. However just to clarify, don't actually go to Tondo. That is the ghetto. He was just making an example. Would hate for you to show up and start walking around.

You will have to get out of the main foreign hubs of Makati/BGC/Boracay/Cebu (Around Ayala mall)/etc...

You don't have to go anywhere sketchy. Just places where you are not one of many white guys. Doing what scotain advised with getting on a bus and going to a remote part of an island is going to give you the biggest effect. When in Manila you can do what I shared in this post....

thread-34766...pid1232811

When I lived in Manila I just got used to people looking at me all the time. Now I am 6'4 in a sea of people standing 5'5 so of course I stand out. But over time you realize people are staring at you not because they want to fuck your brains out. It's simply because you are not just another Filipino. I had guys and girls looking at me all the time.

Your best bet is not to concern yourself with the false hope you would be a white god. And realize how awesome you have it already banging 2 girls in your first 3 days. My guess is you didn't have that kind of success back home.

Enjoy it for what it is.

Quote: (09-06-2017 09:25 AM)digitalconquistador Wrote:  

There were traces of it when I first arrived in the Philippines in 2015. But by late 2016 it was pretty rare. The country received a ton of hype in recent years, and for a time it was the Promised Land for all of those manosphere "leaving the west forever" kind of neckbeards, along with europoors and of course the typical degenerates that had been flocking there for ages, some of which have gone viral on Facebook, due to begging or living on the street, all of which rapidly accelerated the decline. All that being said, it's still probably one of the best countries out there.

Like others have said, being white is no longer free rockstar status, in any country.

Erikak, we get it, the women ignore you, you harped on this nonstop before you got banned the first time and here you are doing it again.

Did you ever consider looking in the mirror and reevaluating yourself? Your experience doesn't apply to everyone.

Quote: (09-06-2017 10:33 AM)aeroektar Wrote:  

Erikak, we get it, the women ignore you, you harped on this nonstop before you got banned the first time and here you are doing it again.

Did you ever consider looking in the mirror and reevaluating yourself? Your experience doesn't apply to everyone.

[Image: ohshit2.gif]

Quote: (09-06-2017 10:33 AM)aeroektar Wrote:  

Your experience doesn't apply to everyone.

Very well, I admit defeat. You have humbled me.

With that being said, I'm wondering if you would like to meet up sometime? You can invite a girl and choose any restaurant, it's on me. Although I'm sure the girl you bring will be like a supermodel next to mine, I am prepared to face this humiliation. I offered the same to SpiritMaze, but he declined. I wonder why?

It could be that you are 28. Older men tend to do much better in the Philippines. Also, try dying your hair from brown to blonde. You may do much better.

Not to get off topic but what's going on here ??

OP is this thread not going in the direction that you hoped it would?

Not to get off topic but what's going on here ??

Sorry double post.. no was just referring to the back and forth earlier about someone being banned.

It's been a few days in Borocay and I get a decent amount of people staring so as others alluded to probably combination of me hyping it up in my head (I was getting stared at and ogled constantly in Indonesia beforehand) and me reading into things too much. I feel dumb even typing this out hahaha.