rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Need help on setting up this business

Would appreciate some tips for my situation:

I have a business with primarily Middle Eastern clients (~80%), with the rest sprinkled around AUS, US, EUR. As an American, I want to keep as much of the revenue out of the hands of the gov't.

From my research, I find that the most secure way I can protect my assets and my privacy is to open a bank account in the BVI and HQ the company in Sing. Just wanted to get your thoughts on the matter to see how else I could optimize this. My priorities are (1) asset protection and (2) staying as anonymous as possible.

It's a service-oriented business, but I'm just the guy behind the scenes as I very much value my privacy. The work is fulfilled by contractors, there are no employees, and overhead is low.

Feel free to PM me as well, I'm all ears.

This is one of those questions that I think is best answered by a paid professional who has the right experience.

This is one of those questions where you seek advise on how to break the law. I strongly recommend staying out of any such scheme. Funnel your energy on beating the system legally and not on enticing fellow forum members on writing next "how to land in jail datasheet"

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
— Robert Heinlein

Check out the "Nomad Capitalist" channel on YouTube.

Is it an online business? If so, set up a corporation in other jurisdictions. This is not illegal. You will be taxed on income that you take out of the business, there's no way around that. If you are an American expat, the first 100k is tax free.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.

Quote: (08-21-2017 08:32 AM)Plus Oultre Wrote:  

This is one of those questions where you seek advise on how to break the law. I strongly recommend staying out of any such scheme. Funnel your energy on beating the system legally and not on enticing fellow forum members on writing next "how to land in jail datasheet"

So I'm curious...what do you call what companies like Apple, FB, and Google are doing when they set up subsidiaries in countries like Ireland, Jersey, Belize, etc. through which they funnel their profits so that they end up paying next to nothing on their taxes back home in the US?

I guess that's "beating the system legally" to you, huh?

Man focus on Maintaining & Growing your Biz... and let a Tax pro handle that for you!

Quote: (08-21-2017 09:59 PM)Captain Gh Wrote:  

Man focus on Maintaining & Growing your Biz... and let a Tax pro handle that for you!

This advise if gold ... an excellent thing to do to avoid (never evade) taxes is to spend the profits into the company itself; thus growing. Start paying taxes only when you are doing the big money.

Quote: (08-21-2017 08:56 PM)GyopoPlayboy Wrote:  

Quote: (08-21-2017 08:32 AM)Plus Oultre Wrote:  

So I'm curious...what do you call what companies like Apple, FB, and Google are doing when they set up subsidiaries in countries like Ireland, Jersey, Belize, etc. through which they funnel their profits so that they end up paying next to nothing on their taxes back home in the US?

I guess that's "beating the system legally" to you, huh?

Companies and individuals are two different animals. A company such as apple has investors shareholders, those are the owners and they are responsible for their own personal income tax, just like you. So let's say you have a share of Apple, you receive dividends => you pay taxes if applicable; you sell your share and make a profit => you pay your taxes if applicable.

As a not perfect analogy I will try to explain the case of Apple. What Apple did was to have a child in another country, a child with the citizenship of that other country. That child pays income tax in its country of birth, which happens to have a lower tax rate than that of the father. Well, the case is very simple but I hope it shows the basic idea. Apple US, still pays income tax for its US operations.

In your case, you can renounce your citizenship and adopt that of another country. US citizens are taxed on worldwide income. With planning, there are ways to minimize the impact of taxes. Is your company based on the US? What type of company you have (LLC, C Corp, S Corp)? Do you have partners?

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."
— Robert Heinlein