rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Where Do You Volunteer?

Where Do You Volunteer?

I work at a restore where they re-purpose furniture and appliances. It feels good knowing I'm helping out the community while learning useful skills. Can everyone share what you like to do in your spare time and how you find it personally benefiting?

Where Do You Volunteer?

I don't volunteer.

Where Do You Volunteer?

I volunteer at the RooshVForum.

These likes don't farm themselves!

Where Do You Volunteer?

I work on my own software projects, which I hope will be useful for other people.

Usually they're niche things that aren't worth monetizing even if I wanted to, because the potential income doesn't really justify having to spend time on marketing, monitoring and supporting the projects over time.

I'm not much for collaborating with others, for various reasons. Sometimes I'll send off a patch to a small open source project for fun but I don't get involved long term.

Where Do You Volunteer?

I volunteer to shoot photos/videos of cute girls. It makes me feel great by helping them look their best while teaching how to look more feminine.

Where Do You Volunteer?

Snark aside, volunteering is something you do when you feel a sense of community to a place, and a desire to give back.

I feel absolutely no sense of community towards the place I live in, and the others in the community feel absolutely nothing towards me.

I have as much in common with my neighbors as I do some random bricklayer in Bangladesh, except there's good odds the Bangladesh bricklayer might speak better English than some of them.

Where Do You Volunteer?

I regularly donate toiletries, the small travel size kind you get in hotel rooms, every overnight stay in a hotel room for work I take the toiletries, take them every day, and if the house keeping service doesn't replenish I get some at the front desk. I donate these to a drop in center a regional non profit runs in an inner city neighborhood. The center is for women only, it's mission is to be a non-judgmental space for women who are involved in sex trafficking and commercial sexual exploitation. The women who make use of the space have hit rock bottom.

Physically the place is like a clean and comforting store front, but in the middle of an inner city wasteland. Clean showers and DIY laundry, 'hygiene services', are two of the no questions asked services provided, along with food and clean clothing. This place supplements other service agencies, that are closed at night, etc.

I've accumulated boxes of shampoos, conditioners, bars of soap, body wash, sometimes toothpaste and toothbrushes from work travels. I found this center through social circle. Had no idea the toiletry donations would be valued, until a volunteer/donations coordinator (social circle) at the center went out of her way to tell me the women highly value the toiletries and even fight over the selection of who gets what. Hearing that was good personal satisfaction the donations are valued. So I keep on doing it.

Footnote, the people who work there, paid staff and volunteers, make what we refer to on here as SJWs look like total and complete amateurs. The staff and volunteers are balsy, IME second only to military people who have served in harm's way.

Where Do You Volunteer?

what type of volunteering places can you find youngsters and cool people? I am not interested in places with married people.

Where Do You Volunteer?

I am volunteer firefighter.
It has big tradition in our country and most of them are in this since childhood, when they attended competitions.

"Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Where Do You Volunteer?

I mentor a smart high school kid in the city through a minority big brother type program. My goal is to red pill him. He already lifts at 15 and has a copy of Starting Strength from one of his teachers, which means he's off to a great start. The young man's father isn't around and it can't hurt for him to have a masculine presence in his life to give a counterpoint to all the garbage that public schools throw at him.

Lots of cynical responses here. Try doing something good for others in something that you believe in, and you might surprise yourself in a good way, while improving the lives of others who are less fortunate. Not saying everybody must do this, but it's worth trying if you haven't before.

- Clint Barton

Where Do You Volunteer?

Quote: (07-13-2017 01:17 AM)Sebastian Wrote:  

what type of volunteering places can you find youngsters and cool people? I am not interested in places with married people.

Tucker Max claimed he used to clean up volunteering at the humane society. YMMV.

Where Do You Volunteer?

I "volunteer" for the parasites on the body politic, three months out of the year.

Part of the reason why you're seeing snarky comments is because thanks to gov't aggrandizement and multiculturalism, people are "Bowling Alone".

"The follow-up (2007) US study to Bowling Alone has also stimulated debate. The first findings from the
study found that, in the short run, immigration and ethnic diversity tended to reduce social solidarity and
social capital. In ethnically diverse neighborhoods residents of all races tend to ‘hunker down’.
Diversity does not produce ‘bad race relations’ or ethnically-defined group hostility, rather, inhabitants of
diverse communities tend to withdraw from collective life, to distrust their neighbors, to volunteer less,
give less to charity and work on community projects less often, to register to vote less, to agitate for social
reform more, but have less faith that they can actually make a difference, and to watch more television.
Diversity, at least in the short run, seems to bring out the turtle in all of us.
"

(link)

I disagree with the "bad race relations" bit (this was after all written by a lefty professor, prior to serious "victim culture" and a non-whites garnering critical mass in politics), but there you have it.

To the last comment, I listened to the Mating Grounds podcast for a bit and even read the book. Tucker Max fails to diagnose the true issues between the sexes (like these forums honestly attempt to do) and thinks his stupid superficial advice is God's gift to Man (don't smell! don't have tattered clothing! make sure your pictures look good!). And if anyone disagrees with him, they must be a neck-bearded virgin. His armchair psychologizing with that poor red-headed kid was also too much for me to bear. "I don't know why any guys who aren't rich and famous like me have trouble with getting hot girls!?" Total buffoon.

The volunteer advice is maybe the only decent bit there, but it's hardly groundbreaking. And I'd rather read a book and learn stuff than help some girl with blue hair clean up after animals and be lectured on veganism.

Where Do You Volunteer?

At the red Cross. Paramedic assistant

Where Do You Volunteer?

My local European resistance group.

We will stand tall in the sunshine
With the truth upon our side
And if we have to go alone
We'll go alone with pride

For us, these conflicts can be resolved by appeal to the deeply ingrained higher principle embodied in the law, that individuals have the right (within defined limits) to choose how to live. But this Western notion of individualism and tolerance is by no means a conception in all cultures. - Theodore Dalrymple

Where Do You Volunteer?

Ive been volunteering at a community/ urban garden this summer. Someone suggested it as a good place to meet girls but that hasnt happened. Met a tranny tho hahah.

Even still, its a good workout digging holes and planting crops, learning how to grow various vegetation and get free produce as the end of the shift.

Where Do You Volunteer?

I volunteer about 25% of my productive time. The time is spent at my job and side business...I'm not sure where the resources are used, I'd have to contact my local congressmen.

I've never received a Father's Day card though.

“Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate.”

Where Do You Volunteer?

Quote: (07-13-2017 06:40 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Tucker Max claimed he used to clean up volunteering at the humane society. YMMV.
I'll second this here. Knew someone who cleaned up at a dog rescue group. He'd hook up with all types, cougars, 20s, strippers, introverts, the full range. His thing was 'I can't have a dog in my apartment so I get my fix here blah blah blah.' Came close to joining with him but figured the cover would be blown. He used to say be careful, the regulars, mostly women, will know instantly if you're not into caring for animals.

Where Do You Volunteer?

Quote: (07-13-2017 01:13 PM)Parzival Wrote:  

My local European resistance group.

I would volunteer my manpower, life and resources for the coming Caliphate wars.

[Image: tumblr_mc0zijiNdV1r7tq9yo1_400.gif]

But meanwhile I only support some projects financially.

As far as I see it - the priorities have to be like this:

A) You gotta first focus on yourself - be fully in tune with yourself, have finances in order, your private life down pat

B) Take care of your closed ones next, friends

C) If you have still energy and time left, then focus on some things that you love to do

Me - never been much in that situation so far. I had too much to do with other stuff.

There are people who love that kind of thing, though I found that some folk were a mess in in points A and B and though that they could find fulfillment by jumping straight to C. It usually does not work that way.

Where Do You Volunteer?

I encourage you to volunteer somewhere that has meaning for you.

When I was a student, I was forced to volunteer through school or Scouts. I thought of volunteering as a way to donate services, like one would donate cash. A lot of people view community service this way - a few posters above talk about their donations of money or things.

But this is not the full picture. There are two other benefits of service.

A while back I developed some problems with an organization that I was peripherally involved with. This organization had benefitted me immensely, even though I was not a full member. The problems they were causing were real. I complained about them for a while but with little effect, so I decided to serve the organization. I thought if I became one of them they would cut me more slack. I did benefit, but not the way I expected. It turned out that by serving the organization I came away with a better understanding of what they were trying to accomplish. Instead of being just a taker, I was a giver, but I also better aligned myself with their values. The problems I had went away because I came to view things from a different perspective. I'll give another example of this below. Another benefit that happened was my son saw me serving and he wanted to serve. And then other boys saw him serving and they wanted to emulate him. It became a very positive cycle not just for me and my son but for the organization. Also, when you truly serve, you humble yourself, and this can have positive effects in your relations with others. (that's why they call it going to a shrink).

Another example is this. When my mother died, my father was in grief. Through his church, he volunteered to visit other people who were in grief. I don't know if he did them any good, but getting out of the house and trying to help others did my father a world of good.

So look for opportunities to serve organizations you care about in meaningful ways. Not just places to meet women. Do it to give back to an organization whose values you share. It likely will pay dividends beyond those you can even imagine.

Where Do You Volunteer?

It will be fun taking out dogs that's been sitting in the cell all day but I am guessing they will ask me to clean up the poops etc.

anyways, I looked up the local one. They require 2 hours weekly (no problem) and '6 month straight' which is hard to commit. Kind of arrogant when I want to donate my time eh?

Quote: (07-13-2017 06:40 AM)Hypno Wrote:  

Where Do You Volunteer?

I do a bike ride for a local cancer treatment organization every year since 2010. It's the Ride for Roswell for Roswell Park Cancer Institute here in Western New York. I usually bike around 33-34 miles and raise funds for cancer awareness.

I do try to donate change to change boxes at stores when I have some loose change.

Where Do You Volunteer?

Considering volunteering as first aid medic / EMS, but then the time commitment put me off of it.

Right now I'm volunteering on iTalki to teach attractive EE girls English in return for Russian practice, seems to be going well so far.