rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Slam's Bachata Dancing Data Sheet

What's up guys. I just crossed 100 posts and thought I'd throw down my first datasheet here on DANCING BACHATA.

WHAT IS BACHATA

Bachata is a type of Latin music first developed in the Dominican Republic, but has recently morphed into more modern and urban forms, and is popular in Latin dance clubs and is often played alongside salsa at Latin salsa clubs.

One of the easiest ways to recognize it by ear is to listen for the rhythm of the 8 count. When you are dancing it, you count 1-2-3-tap, 5-6-7-tap.

There are a few different types of bachata music that have evolved. Listen to the music and watch the dancing:

Here is some Dominican bachata. Notice it's fast and 'happy':

Here is some more modern bachata by Romeo Santos. Notice the slower and more sensual feel:

Here is an urban-remix bachata. Notice they overlayed the bachata beat into a song by The Weeknd. The effect is really hypnotic music, I like it:

DANCING BACHATA: WHO SHOULD LEARN IT

Dancing bachata is really cool, especially when you get good. You could not know anything, then see Daniel and Desiree dance and be fascinated at how cool it is. (In fact, a few years ago Roosh posted a video of Daniel wondering who he was). Well here they are. Note, these are world-class dancers, you won't look like them for at least a few years:

Bachata has become a romantic, sensual male-female music style, with the songs being about love and romantic relationships. The dance style is similarly sensual, and depending on your abilities and how much the girl is into you, can be VERY sensual.

It can be a SHOW STOPPER. If you learn to dance it really well, girls can really get into you. They will also watch you from a far, and if you are making another girl smile and do beautiful moves, they infer that you are a suave, sexy man. It trips the pre-selection wires in their brain by being sensual with a girl while other girls watch.

It is best suited to learn for anyone under age 45. In my opinion it just doesn't fit an older crowd as the vibe of the music just doesn't fit. (Salsa or Tango music, by contrast, can still fit the older gents.)

The older you are, the creepier it seems to be dancing something like sensual bachata... It's creepy even for an older lady to dance bachata with me. It's just too sensual of a dance style to fit an older crowd. You'll understand what I mean the more you get into it.

Dancing bachata is a great hobby with loads of additional benefits like learning to lead, learning to flirt without words, learning to harness timing, developing a small social circle.

It is also played THROUGHOUT Latin America. So if you see yourself traveling around those parts at all, it's a great tool to have in your pocket.

HOW TO GET GOOD FAST

Since many are into self-improvement on this forum, let me try to 80-20 bachata dancing for you. This is the way you will get good fast:

1. Decide that you will go 4-6 months all in
2. Go to group class 2-3 times a week, social dancing 1-2 times on the weekend
3. Join a bachata team

If you do these things, you will get good as fast as you can. There is a slower learning curve for guys (they have to lead) than with girls (they just have to follow), and so girls will improve faster for the first few months.

It won't go very fast if you just do class once a week, and you likely will get discouraged. Like getting good at jiu jitsu, the best way to do it is to commit to go early and often until you get over the beginner's hump and most importantly PRACTICE SOCIALLY, where the moves aren't scripted.

But if you stay with it for this brief time, you will then have a new skill FOR LIFE.

It's one of the big benefits of learning to dance... Once you learn it, you have it and can take it with you wherever you go.

BACHATA DANCE FLOOR GAME

Bachata is a great way to break the ice with a girl. One good dance can be better than a conversation. You immediately get the physical communication going and you see how much she vibes with you.

If you initially start out dancing with a girl, you want to hold back a little bit to make sure that she is comfortable. If you get aggressive too soon, you will easily make her feel uncomfortable and she won't want to dance with you again. As they say: boil the frog, don't throw it into the fire.

First when you dance with her, you want to be cool. You want to be the good lead. You want to smell good and look good. You want to know the music. You want to make her smile. You want to be suave.

And you basically do all this without talking.

Let her go and then dance another song, and do a little bit more. Then dance with her again and do a little bit more. Each song you can turn up the temperature a little bit and gauge her reaction.

By the way, generally you don't want to hit on one of the regular girl dancers from the dance social scene. You want to be careful as they will gossip and there will be social implications for what you do. (more on this below)

Interestingly enough, there are actually a lot of guys who dance well, but have no other game. And so if you have game, and you learn to dance well, you will be way ahead of everyone.

You can later isolate her for conversation.

SLAM'S MONEY MOVE

All right now I'm gonna tell you something that might just get you a girl all on its own... It's a money move that I don't want shared beyond this forum ok? It's just for you guys. ; )

If there is one moment in a dance you want to own, it is DIPPING THE GIRL at the RIGHT MOMENT IN THE SONG. (Of course you will first need to be taught how to do dips properly by your teacher.)

Note: You generally should only do this only with a girl who is vibing with you well, and you've already danced a few songs with her. It's an escalation move, and you don't want to creep her out.

The build up, the emotional romance of the song, her getting lost in your arms, and the timing of it all combine to have a powerful effect on the girl. Especially if it's one of her favorite songs... she will feel like she's getting swept away in a fairy tale.

For example, here is a song Necio which has a lot of moments for dips. When ever you hear the pause is a good time to dip and dip her at the very end of the song. SHE WILL LOVE YOU if you do it right.

Now, in order to get good at this money move, you have to know how the bachata songs go.

That's why I suggest:
1. Find the popular bachata songs they play in class or on the radio (and see popular songs by Aventura, Romeo Santos, Prince Royce, etc)
2. If you're in the club, ID the song with Song Tracker App or another method, then download them to your iTunes playlist
3. Listen to when would be good times to dip the girl (listen especially for the endings, long pauses, and crescendos)

This will make you better at bachata over all because you will recognize the songs and get into the rhythm.

I have had girls tell me after dancing bachata with them, look me in the face so turned on, so lost in the moment, that they looked at me and said 'That was sex.'

BACHATA AND PICKUP

OK so now to the pickup considerations.

First of all, the dance world is kinda small, so when you start learning you will be in certain social circles and you will be seeing the same people frequently. So if you decide to hookup with a girl in these circles too soon, be aware that it could have consequences in terms of social standing.

And people talk... There's lots of drama in the dance world, especially because girls feel all tingly when they dance. Romantic music plus sensual body movements, plus occasional alcohol, plus chatty girls, can easily effect some drama.

Rest assured, the dance teacher knows the game and routinely gets the hottest girl. And so you might be encroaching on his territory, and he has more social power than you. Keep that in mind.

Secondly, girls will talk amongst themselves as to whether or not you are worth dancing with. You want to AVOID GETTING ON THE 'NO-DANCE LIST'. Girls have this list of guys who are poor leads, guys that have bad breath, guys that have body odor, etc. Once you are on this list it's hard to get off... So take care of yourself, smell good, smile, and have a good time so that you don't fall too far down in social standing.

Girls who know how to dance well also will dance really flirtatiously, but have no plan to go with you anywhere. They will get all into you on the dance floor, but shut down when the music stops. They might just be milking you for attention. So you really have to suggest a venue change to see if she's interested, but again, the girls who dance all the time are generally not the girls you want to go after (unless you are the exotic foreigner visiting town).

The better targets in terms of pickup are girls that are just learning bachata or have come to an event or club for the first time. You are the strong leader, you know what you are doing, you can give her an opportunity to follow your lead. You can smile with her and teach her the basics.

It's a good test to see if she is the type of girl who will follow a man's lead. Some girls are terrible follows, and it is often a reflection of their real-life rebellious attitude against man. These are frequently career girls / lawyers / feminists or other girls who are not used to following a man's lead.

I've actually started to use opportunities to teach bachata to non-dance girls. Like if I meet a girl in ordinary life, teaching them a few bachata steps a good test to see if they have a good attitude. If they have a good attitude towards learning something, and towards following the lead of a man, it's generally a sign that they are a good (better) girl and worth keeping around.

OTHER BENEFITS

Bachata dancing (and salsa dancing) have a degree of class about them. You may find yourself dressing better after noticing how well the men around you are dressing. This is a plus.

You can develop a cool circle of friends, including with some beautiful girls, and connect with them on a very sensual, non-verbal level. You won't bang them all, but I can tell you from experience that there are some dances that make both the guy and girl feel INCREDIBLE, and you feel like you shared something through dance that is not offered in any other arena of life.

You will be burning calories, especially if you are dancing salsa too.

You will learn basic turns, twirls, and hand-tosses, which can be used in practically any music or non-music scenario to amuse yourself with a girl. You can twirl a girl at a techno club if you want.

You will expand your music knowledge and develop an additional cool playlist. Urban bachata music is very suave. It's great music to set the mood with a girl, whether you end up dancing or not.

You will connect more with Latin culture. Girls across Latin America don't always dance it well, but they know all the songs.

... And many other intangible benefits you'll discover along the way.

CONCLUSION

Bachata is a great dance to learn if you are anywhere under, say, 45 years old. (If you're an older cat, there are other dance genres that might fit you better, especially if you're just starting out.)

It obviously is not a substitute for game or red-pill awareness, but is a great hobby which will give you social circles, access to cute smiling girls, practice in reading a girl's non verbal communication, practice in leading, and a bunch of other stuff.

Girls love guys who can dance. If you can tell girls you are a dancer, they light up.

There are other dancing threads on RVF, but I dedicate this one to bachata. It's becoming more and more popular in Europe and the USA.

I totally recommend learning it.

Cheers guys.

Thanks for writing this!
I have an uncle that's older that pulls in pussy with his bachata moves.
I see it that they love the fact that he's able to lead them with a tenacious force across the dance floor.
I would also learn how to dance Punta if you guys are after thick ass Hondurans.

Good guide to getting started! Definitely agree that it's a small world though, especially the teachers get to know everyone, so it can be very easy to get a reputation.

Great post! Totally agree about working the slow game in the latin dance community. Build rapport - analyse the social pecking order, it will pay off.
With respect to age limits , i disagree somewhat. The older and whiter one is the more one should gravitate to dominican style bachata. Sesual and modern bachata is for young players. Knowing this also bodes well for trips to the DR - able to pull local girls

This is the latin dance I'm most interested in! Great sheet and + for originality

Quote: (02-19-2017 02:16 PM)Slam Wrote:  

It is best suited to learn for anyone under age 45. In my opinion it just doesn't fit an older crowd as the vibe of the music just doesn't fit. (Salsa or Tango music, by contrast, can still fit the older gents.)

The older you are, the creepier it seems to be dancing something like sensual bachata... It's creepy even for an older lady to dance bachata with me. It's just too sensual of a dance style to fit an older crowd. You'll understand what I mean the more you get into it.

Older man & young woman > Older woman & young man

Coincidentally, this afternoon I signed up for a three month Bachata/Salsa dance team where you stay with a group for three months and have a partner to learn and go on outings to clubs.

I actually hadn't seen this thread!

G

Bro why you do this????? Now every bachata venues gonna turn into a sausage fest!

Joking aside, solid datasheet. Very similar to what Ive been doing these last 2 years.

Couple things to add:

-Learn salsa and kizomba once you've mastered bachata. It broadens your horizon significantly. Funnily enough the hottest girls I bang from the scene, I opened them with bachata then I closed them with Salsa.

-About the power move: dips are good, lifts are better. Learn some of the more sensual lifts and time it well. It has this literal "swoop her off her feet" effect on the girl because they dont expect this. I have 80% close rate whenever I pull this one (i.e either a make out or a pull home)

-Memorize every line in Rome Santos "Propuesta Indecente" or Royce's "Darte un beso". The King be praised, those two songs are made for dance floor escalation. If you play this right you can confidently caress her ass or kiss her right there. Be discreet though.

-You dont always need to take it slow. If you are sleeping with the regulars then yes, but that's bad in long term IMO. You want to keep the regulars for social proof. Much better is to swoop the hot young newcomer girls before they become bachatasluts, and that needs to be done fast and hard.

Ass or cash, nobody rides for free - WestIndiArchie

More motivation to keep up with the classes - thanks!

Quote: (02-20-2017 03:57 AM)Dalaran1991 Wrote:  

-Learn salsa and kizomba once you've mastered bachata. It broadens your horizon significantly. Funnily enough the hottest girls I bang from the scene, I opened them with bachata then I closed them with Salsa.

-About the power move: dips are good, lifts are better. Learn some of the more sensual lifts and time it well. It has this literal "swoop her off her feet" effect on the girl because they dont expect this. I have 80% close rate whenever I pull this one (i.e either a make out or a pull home)

Some veteran words of wisdom there. I would love to have learned more lifts by now. In the couple years I've been on the scene, though, they haven't included lifts in any group classes I've been in, and I've only seen one lifts workshop. Prob helps if you are in a big city like NY, LA, Chicago, Miami, etc.

If you find a good teacher who knows these money moves well, try to soak up as much as you can from him!

If you like latinas then bachata is the best dance to learn IMO. Not just because of the romantic sensual aspect but because its played everywhere in latin clubs and girls love it. You'll find more bachata, mergengue, and reggaeton in most latin spots than you will salsa.

Salsa is good too, but its more technical on her side with all of the spinning and hand acrobatics. Also if you try to approach a Colombiana with NY/LA style cross body salsa shes going to be confused as hell. You need to learn Cali style for that and its totally different and harder to find outside of Colombia.

Any girl can dance basic bachata with you. The most important thing is that you have a rock solid lead. This is much more important than fancy complicated moves. It takes time to develop, and you'll get better at it from all styles of dance you practice.

Go to the "dance scene" spots to practice with the good dancers and hone your skills. You can pull girls in the dance scene, but most people there are going to be seasoned dancers. The fact that you can dance is not going to give you much social capital unless you are really good.

The trick I use is to roll into a local latin spot dressed sharp. Here its usually latinos going for fun as normal and most of them are not trained dancers. Even with some basic skills and good lead, you'll impress the girls. Being a gringo, suited up, and can dance it gives me a massive edge over all of the other dudes in there.

All i can say-dancing is good for seduction.Here you can see a real,non professional dance party. There are many of them on youtube. Look how naturally and simple they move. I have been in some real latin parties. Tha'ts how it is.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RZZ83-ZpXE

My question to competent and regular salseros and bachateros - how much dividend did learning and practising latin dancing pay in terms of bangs?

More specifically, I mean only girls met at latin dance venues: clubs, workshops, classes, congresses, etc., not the influence of that skill on getting bangs in general.

I don't know what numbers to expect but I can imagine for a competent and regular classes, workshops, and clubs goers (on average, no less than one activity per week), we would expect about 6+ quality bangs per calendar year?

My Adventures in Game updates on the go: twits by Max Detrick

Unbowed. Unbent. Unbroken.

I don’t ever give up. I mean, I’d have to be dead or completely incapacitated.
-- Elon Musk

Quote: (04-04-2017 11:08 AM)ksbms Wrote:  

My question to competent and regular salseros and bachateros - how much dividend did learning and practising latin dancing pay in terms of bangs?

More specifically, I mean only girls met at latin dance venues: clubs, workshops, classes, congresses, etc., not the influence of that skill on getting bangs in general.

I don't know what numbers to expect but I can imagine for a competent and regular classes, workshops, and clubs goers (on average, no less than one activity per week), we would expect about 6+ quality bangs per calendar year?

Much higher, any where from 10-60 depending on your game. The advantage of latin dance is it ups the quality of the women. It doesnt make game easier though.

If you dont have game then you get burned way much quicker in the bachata scene. Im nowhere near the best dancer, but I know how to make a girl look and feel good while dancing, so I ended up being more popular than the guys who know the craziest moves, but his only "game" move is pulling girls to a corner to show them some private steps. Which does not work most of the time.

Follow Slam's advice and you should get 1 bang / month easily.

A funny side effect: you might end up with 1 single bang per year, cause there's a chance you will find a girlfriend material there.

My best buds are all from dance, redpill and alpha as fuck, one even thought he was set on the player life. But pretty soon they found themselves some high quality girls there. One of them a virgin, which my bud met when she was, shall I say, too young [Image: wink.gif]

I met mine in Salsa too and we've been together 2 years.

Hell, I might write a datasheet about this. How to meet and screen for LTR quality girl in dance.

Great sheet, thanks for sharing it.

Darlan,

Kizomba is sick! Just discovered it. Check out the African brotha in the hat and shades.

1:07-1:22

2:00-2:20

Utter pimp.

SENS Foundation - help stop age-related diseases

Quote: (05-19-2016 12:01 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  
If I talk to 100 19 year old girls, at least one of them is getting fucked!
Quote:WestIndianArchie Wrote:
Am I reacting to her? No pussy, all problems
Or
Is she reacting to me? All pussy, no problems

Quote: (04-04-2017 06:07 PM)Travesty Wrote:  

Darlan,

Kizomba is sick! Just discovered it. Check out the African brotha in the hat and shades.

1:07-1:22

2:00-2:20

Utter pimp.

Hehe no surprise. I said earlier that in order to progress, you eventually need to learn kizomba + salsa. Its like starting out with night game, then day game and pimp game.

Kizomba is only useful for closing and escalation.

I dont like it much because I never get to learn it properly. In order to be good at kizomba you need to put in hours of practice first, and at dance classes this means dancing so close your cheeks are touching, with often less than savoury girls.

But yeah Kiz is sick, black guys are kings at this.

EDIT: Slam didn't mention this, but I feel I need to warn newcomers about this:

Beware of false positives.

So often in dance you will get incredible chemistry with girls, get really touchy sexy with her, and you think you got her in the bag, or keeping her at the slow burner.

Don't. The only close is a fuck close. Dont be one of those guys or girls who say "I dont need sex, I already get orgasm through dancing".

Does anyone know how popular Bachata is in (East) Asia?

Bump because I saw this video, none of the leads this guys gives are particularly advanced but he still makes it look pretty good. This is the sort of thing you could lead on a social dance but you don't have to have been doing it for years to pull off.

I don't really like Salsa, but do I still need to learn it in addition to Bachata if I plan to go to Latin music events? Can you stick with Bachata only?

Yes. It is worth picking up the basics at least of salsa, but you can do bachata only. Hell, I know of a couple of events in my city that are bachata only.

Quote: (03-20-2018 02:24 AM)Bluey Wrote:  

Yes. It is worth picking up the basics at least of salsa, but you can do bachata only. Hell, I know of a couple of events in my city that are bachata only.

Cuban Salsa or the other?

Honestly I learned LA style, where I live there are places that teach cuban but they're a fair distance away from me. You'll be pretty right with either.
I've been told pretty much anywhere outside Australia if you're a guy who can dance socially there will be more women than men.