rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Puebla, Mexico data sheet

I was in Puebla 2 weekends in 2009, just realized there was no data about it so here we go:

Basically, Container City is where you want to be. It's in the part of town called Cholula.

It's an pedestrian area where everyplace is made of big shipping containers, there are bars, restaurants, cafés, hookah, live music etc. Maybe 20 bars in total to hop around, a really chill area and probably the easiest environment to open sets, since the nature of the place has people jumping around ALOT and each place is pretty small so you're essentially in talking distance of anyone, any time. The crowd is mostly University students, so you will stand out, which is good.

[Image: noid-containercitycholula01.jpg]

Also, in the area surrounding container city there are a number of good bars/restaurants. Ask around, it's kinda a high-turnover type of place.

Right next to it is Universidad de Las Americas, which is a very large, prestigious University with a big open campus. They have plays, concerts, and all that stuff, so you can definitely find something to do there on a Sunday afternoon to meet college chicks.

Opposite La U, you'll find the Pyramid of Cholula, the biggest tourist attraction in Puebla, visible from pretty much the whole city and illuminated at night. First it was a pyramid, then the Spanish built a church on top of it, now there are Coca-Cola tarps all over the church. Pretty accurate lesson in sucession of powers. [Image: 2247962595_054542a986.jpg]

The weather in Puebla is chilly, going out in Container City requires a warm jacket. Girls kinda remind me of Bogotá, very classily dressed in boots/peacoats/scarves that kinda thing. They're known as Pieza Poblanas Perfectas, osea, they're known to be pretty fucking hot. More slim than curvy, pretty white but not too white. Taller than the average Mexican chick if memory serves.

I stayed in the Zócalo (city center) when there, as expected there are lots of restaurants and abrs in that area as well, again a good walk around during the afternoon should give you a lay of the land. When I was there they had a big concert in the Zócalo, another great opportunity for day game. Museums etc. all around there.

Final pick is Clásico, a huge club that I thought was really obnoxious, the kinda place you only go if you have ALOT of money to burn. Big cover charges, bitches dancing on couches in heels (all the couches have gouge marks from heels), bottles served with sparklers in them, swanky crowd, LOUD AS FUCK, real expensive. Not my kinda place at all, but y'know, if you're into that. I don't remember where it is, we went with some friends, but the taxi back was a good ride, so not particularly near the Zócalo. Did not seem that girls there were any hotter than girls out in other parts, just more obnoxious ''WOOOO!'' type club girls. Definitely don't need to go to Mexico for that shit...

Basically ask around for events during the day in both the Zócalo and Cholula, get to know some people, ask where the best bars are, and see how you like both scenes. I have to choose Container City over anything else, but other places are definitely worth a visit.

I was in Cholula a couple of years ago. I generally liked, would have liked it better If the guy I was with had more game. At times it felt like playing with an anchor tied to my neck.

The place was cool, girls where decent and easy to game. Got a couple of club makeouts. I definitely want to go back there, this time with a better wingman and some time to poke around town.

I have hated every Clasico ive been in at every city that has one (Its a franchise in Mexico). The place has no class, staff is rude and guys there have no game. The one in Mexico Satelite had the hottest women ive seen in Mexico, tough.

Quote:Quote:

bottles served with sparklers in them,

Exhibit A for a place with no class.

MMM "Pipope" for poblanas is like you said, pieza poblana perfecta(perfect piece of poblana)...
For the rest of the country it stands for "Pinche Poblana Pendeja" (stupid asshole poblana)

Agree with the "classico" bashing, if you found Classico Satelite packed of hot girls you need to see Classico Polanco and Classico Valle(Monterrey)

I've been a reader for a long time and finally joined to contribute to the Puebla datasheet. I lived there for a year before and have been going every 4-6 weeks for the past 5 years, thus using this information as my background and credibility.

If you don't want to read much, long-story-short: Don't stay there, the cost/benefit is negative.

Things that will get you laid quickly: Having a nice car, being German or pulling it off, and possessing materialistic stuff.
They will try to make you spend without putting out.

In regards to pipope, I agree with bars, it means "Pinche Poblana(o) Pendeja(o)". Only poblanas will refer to themselves as "Pieza Poblana Perfecta". Calling a poblana PiPoPe will piss her off, so use it to your convenience. Why pipope? Because Poblanas (proper name) are known for being the most shallow and materialistic women in mexico and being ugly at the same time.

Puebla and Cholula are close by but different cities. Puebla is bigger in terms of size and population but the pace of life is slower and poorer. Cholula is smaller, but it's more active in terms of moment and activities, and wealthier. Before I describe each separately, I would like to say that Cholula is better than Puebla. So stay in Cholula. Also, thanks to those who have contributed, everything is correct.

Puebla:
Fourth largest city in Mexico, hosts a lot of universities. Direct flights from Monterrey, Guadalajara, Houston, Dallas, and some other city. Two hours away from DF airport via bus (Estrella Roja $20 USD one-way). If you're coming in from an airport, take the 4 PTE bus. It's a private terminal that's safer than CAPU (main bus station, known for muggings/pickpockets). Taxis from 4 PTE are 2 dollars more expensive.

There's a VW plant on the outskirts, and a large German expat population. So being American won't win any points, only "another gringo" remarks. If you can pull off being German then you will have the upper middle class - high class ladies easily. Americans can pull off Middle class easily and other classes with a little more work. The city is obsessed with europe, a lot of things are compared to things in "europa". Koreans are moving in to the city, so exoticness is vanishing away.

Places to day game:
UDLAP: Private university, located in Cholula. Hosts 40% of the wealthy people in the city. Good networking place and to day game. It's gated and you may be asked for ID. Just say you are here for a tour or want to know more. There is a street a kilometer long next to it with bars and clubs, called "la 14 (catorce)". Go to UDLAP, talk to a girl, drop that you've been to germany or work for VW, take her to la 14, and back to your pad.

Tec de Monterrey: Sames as UDLAP, private university in Cholula that hosts 40% of the rich people. There are no clubs nearby, it's on "Atlixcayotl" the main highway/street that does through the rich area. Renting a car is a nice thing, most of the have a car so riding a taxi won't pull it. It's a good place to form a social circle or at least pull numbers for later on.

BUAP: It's your large state college in Puebla city, easy to pull girls here since they are not as stuck up and more down to earth. The campus is big and people abound, like open hunting season. Not many bars nearby and it's on the outskirts to the city next to a highway ring.

Plazas - These are shopping centers, you will see a crap load of ladies around here. Any time, any day. My favorite place to game. There's (in ascending socio economic scale) Plaza: Loreto, Dorada, Cristal, Las Animas, and Mazaryk. For my, Animas and Dorada are the best since they are in the center of a large area and filled most of the time. Game, Eat breakfast, game again, come back...it's like you're a taxi driver taking ladies from your base (plaza) to your home. Mazaryk is small by the way, I would rather go to "angelopolis". The Puebla Convention Center is close to Plaza Dorada, it's a nice green area with a small plaza (San Francisco) next to it. Women are there during the mornings taking pictures, eating lunch during the afternoon and attending events during the evenings. I've hooked up while going to "fashion events", most straight guys have no interest in fashion which eliminates competition.

Angelopolis - The shopping mall of Puebla/Cholula. Perfect place for college students and milfs. It's better to go during the day than in the evenings when they take their men along. It's located on Atlixcayotl (main street for Rooshers). Prices are more expensive than in 'murica.

Zocalo de Puebla: Public square, many tourists and local girls abound here. Plenty of restaurants nearby so it's easy to invite a lady for a drink or meal. There's everything from formal dining with wine with a serenade to a 15 pesos "McCone" ice cream cone. Hours of activity 730am-9am, 9-3pm for lonely mothers, 12-4pm for people on their lunch, and 530-7 when people leave their jobs. I prefer the first and last time frames.There are bars nearby, but they are sketchy...especially at night. Don't walk around "5 de mayo" (main walking street) past 10pm with confidence.

Zocalo de Cholula: Same thing as Puebla's but there are bars nearby, the place is cleaner but with less people. It's safe and clean at night. The locals are better off and there are more foreigners in this area. There's an "italian coffee house" on the edge of the square, but some women are "allergic" to it. Yes gentlemen, I've had women (friends and dates) tell me that they are allergic to it and prefer starbucks. That's why, pipopes.

One more thing about cholula. Ride the black taxis! The blue (rural) taxis will charge some "out of urban zone" fee. A 4 dollar ride will turn into a 15 dollar ride with the blue ones

Nightlife:
La 14 - There is the 1 kilometer long place where college/local kids go to partay, you will see betas trying to impress girls with their (or parent's) new cars and expensive clothes driving up and down. Foreigners move in, and take the girls. Some poblanos will get pissed and start a fight. Most clubs have tables and aren't that walkable. Go to "bambucos" for a pre-drink. No cover and I got 4 orders of hot wings and 8 liters of great slush-cocktail drinks for 680 pesos ($60 USD). Bambucos has a lot of place to dance and it's not table centered, at least the first floor...in case you want to get shit faced and stay there. Otherwise go to MING, it should be right in front of Bamucos. Typical club stuff, wait in line, face control. Dress up and you should be ready to go if you take your foreign passport. I can't say much since I prefer places with cougars. One last thing, if you run out of luck....the clubs close around 4am and there are plenty of girls who walk the street after clubbing and some waiting for a cab. I would use that time period to game one in case you haven't already.

Triangulo de angelopolis - Ritzy place, like la 14 but for wealthy people.

There's your local club chain, Classico, waiting for you. Waste of time in my opinion. People come in groups, place is expensive and the demographics are close to la 14, making la 14 a better place.

Also, Damtshaa....regarded as the best club in the City. People of all ages go there. It's expensive, face control active, and better to go in groups. You will see girls get wasted, and dance on top of the sofas/seats/etc. Also, you can buy colombian "red bulls" there if that's what you're into. It's better than Classico and the best place to pull a girl. Since the same people go over there, girls will see a new face and welcome you.

La Paz: Upper-middle class area with good clubs, streets are normal (3 lanes) as opposed to the other's 4-5 lane streets.

Prince - Competes with Damtshaa as the best club. Very fancy and people of all ages go there. PLENTY OF TABLES. You've been warned.

La juarez: Used to be the main street a few decades ago, now it's a place where the middle class goes and looks like a sausage fest. Mostly bars and such, and the some parts smell like sewer.

Barrio del Artista/Centro Historico Pueblas main town square area. The area I'm talking about is big but the closer to the center, the safer it is. BdA is a bit far and there people are known to get mugged. I lost 2 cell phones there while surveying the area. Not many people in CH, and more hang around BdA. Good place to get normal local girls if you want to improve your ego, the prices around there are cheap. The city is trying to close the bars down and make it into a yuppie area.

Streets
Calle 5 de mayo - Street that is closed off to traffic, only used for walking. Starts/ends on Puebla's Zocalo and goes down from there.

Atlixcayotl - Mini highway that connects Southern Puebla (better off Puebla) to Cholula. Angelopolis is here, so is Tec De Monterrey and Masaryk.

La Recta - Connects Puebla City to Cholula, it's just a highway so nothing much is here.

El Circuito - It's a highway ring that circles puebla.

Avenida 5 de mayo - Main street that passes through Puebla City, it houses Plaza Dorada, BUAP, highway to Mexico City, central bus station, and general attorney's office.

Areas to stay

Angelopolis - Nice area with either homes or condos/apts, Angelopolis is the area on or near Atlixcayotl. pretty safe with security around and heavy police presence. Think about it as little Europe but still in Mexico. Developed/ing, Benzes around, but you will see public transportation busses around and before you know it's an undeveloped area with dirt on your shoes for a few blocks. Expensive as fuck. Say you live here and panties will drop. Some apartments on AnB are about 120/day or 1800 month. There's a Costco and Commercial Mexicana nearby.

La Paz / Las Animas- Nice upper class area that is calm and less expensive than Angelo. Unfortunately there's no condos or apartments, houses for the most part. It's close to Cholula and the Angelopolis area but in Puebla city. Fully developed and there are taco stands closeby. There's a Walmart nearby.

Downtown Puebla - Far away from the good stuff, clubs and univs. Only hotels because apartments are used are whorehouses with lice and such. Safety? LOL, it's okay. Best hotel - La purificadora. It's very colonial with great views. If you want a little more budget friendly place go to NH, great views from there too.

San Manuel - Another middle/upper area of Puebla. Far away from the fun but close to the moms.

Don't go to northern puebla city, it's unsafe for people who don't look "mexican". Most of the time will get resentment from people because you are supposedly racist and treat Mexicans horribly, or a mugging. Panty dropping from the local girls is difficult due to fear from being judge....supposedly! They will panty drop when they aren't in their area. You can get some great rental deals, like 1000 pesos room per month, but you will bathe with buckets.

Cholula - Best place to live, places can range from cheap to expensive. Everything is close by and there are OXXOs within walking distance.

Transportation
Rent a car. A cheap atos is like 8 USD/day before fees and such, probably like 11/day. A trascity trip (BUAP-Zocalo Cholula) will run to 100 pesos during the day to 150 at night), most trips will be around 50-80 pesos per trip. During the day you will run to about 400-600 pesos per day on taxis. Sure, there's public transportation. It used to be around 3 pesos/ride a decade ago, now it's about 6.50 or 7 per ride. Risks? Pickpocketing, especially if you're a foreigner. People bitching about you. Good place to pick up girls, if a person they know is not nearby.

Vehicles will tell girls you have more value (especially in a superficial city) and honestly, it's easier to move around the city in a car. HOWEVER, as a tourist you get exempt from this rule...women have told me "I understand if you don't have a car. You can ride mine. Why would a tourist buy one for a few days?"

Get the "sitio taxis", they have the name of their company on the side windows and rear mirrors. They are much safer and cleaner. You only pay 1-1.50 USD (12-20 pesos) more per ride. Either way, if you want them to wait for you, set the price beforehand. I forgot to say this and my rate doubled, if he does it....it's your choice to pay. If you find a good cabbie, ask him for his number and tell him to give you a hour rate. My cabbie gives charges me 110/pesos (9.50 USD) hour in a brand new executive Jetta with no decals. I just say he's my personal driver, people think I'm rich. As an incentive, I buy him drinks.

Best Taxis? Top Driver, from Estrella Roja's 4 PTE, inside the bus station. They are clean, professional, and drive new white VW cars (again, with the VW influence in Puebla). I think the cars are Jettas and Touaregs. DON'T FORGET, Cabbies are the best source of information. They know the best clubs, places to stay, etc. They pull a lot of women too, college girls to rich milfs.

If I miss something, reply and I'll try to answer.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Thanks CR, this data sheet definitely needed an update.

Damn, wish I'd seen this data sheet before I went.

Quote: (07-13-2013 10:08 PM)germanico Wrote:  

Thanks CR, this data sheet definitely needed an update.

You're welcome, I wondered if there was a Puebla one and found this datasheet. The city keeps changing every day.

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Quote: (07-13-2013 10:13 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

How was your trip? Hopefully you enjoyed it, it's a good place if you clear through all the BS with a machete.

I'm writing another post since I forgot to write some stuff and make the datesheet even better. By the way, pardon the grammatical errors. An eye infection has me using one contact lens.

Quote: (07-14-2013 03:32 AM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

Quote: (07-13-2013 10:13 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

How was your trip? Hopefully you enjoyed it, it's a good place if you clear through all the BS with a machete.

I'm writing another post since I forgot to write some stuff and make the datesheet even better. By the way, pardon the grammatical errors. An eye infection has me using one contact lens.

I didn't really do anything non-touristy in Puebla. I went to Cholula to see the pyramid/church, but had no idea there was any nightlife there. I was staying near the Zocalo in Puebla and was there mid-week. It was really quiet at night. I had no idea what to really do for nightlife.

Yet another problem Puebla right now is that the local volcano is spewing a lot of ash all over the city. I wouldn't go there myself until the volcano calms down again. It was one of the places I lived in Mexico; I got the best results gaming with fatties or, much better: cute non-local girls from other cities in Mexico. The pretty girls from Puebla are almost always snobs and you need serious social circle game to bang them.

One can probably get better results by going south to Oaxaca, east to Veracruz, or west to Mexico City. All can be reached from CAPU--Puebla's big bus stop--within a few hours in a single inexpensive bus ride.

Another nearby possibility which looks promising is Tlaxcala to the north; one of the girls I probably could have banged if I had the right logistics was from there. I knew her long enough to see her weight go up and down like a yo-yo. When she was fat, ugh, but when one her diets kicked in, she was really hot and, yes, she put out (her sister insisted she always wear a condom, but for people with my creampie fetish, I got the sense you could raw dog her after a couple of dates, or gamed her well enough on the first hot date).

Pardon the dozens of grammar mistakes and typos. I was (and still am) typing with only one contact lens, no bueno.

In case the update sounds like a debbie downer, it's because...it's the truth. Mexico = good place for gaming. Puebla = snob city, horrible for gaming. Most girls have a napoleon complex, the poor act like they are rich and the rich think they are gods. Head to greener pastures like Cuernavaca or DF. I'll post a few things to make things a bit brighter.

I forgot to mention a few things.

Women from other cities living here are easier to game.

Security
If the previous post scared you a bit, let me say...the city is not dangerous. The problem is, shops open late (10am) and close early (830ish pm), and 8am-9pm near the zocalo. After that, you will find the "centro" very isolated and most people are at home so petty crime takes place. My status: 5 years, 30ish visits, never been mugged.

La 10 oriente - One way street that public busses pass through, close to the Puebla zocalo. Since a shit load of people wait here for busses, you might be forced to walk outside the sidewalk or might get pickpocketed. By the way, plenty of girls here, plenty of mestizas to game.

Paseo bravo - Mini version of Central Park for Puebla City. AFTER 11PM the place gets filled with ladyboys and prostitutes. My cousin was chased by one ladyboy who wanted to rape him and another time a guy started followed mf during the day.

More universities
UPAEP - Large private university found in Puebla city, never been there so I can't say much. Alumni quality is pretty good though.

Iberoamericana (La Ibero) - Private university on the level of Tec and UDLAP, middle-upper go there. Good place to day game if Tec is lame to you. It's near Atlixcayotl.

UVM - Small private university. Accepts Ibero, Tec, and UDLAP rejects according to some friends. Girls are middle class and accessible.

Best places to stay
Rent an apartment near "Momoxpan" in Cholula or "La Paz", I forgot that there are apartments in La Paz. Momoxpan is cheaper and close to la Recta, in case you want to go to puebla, short drive from UDLAP. La Paz is more expensive but closer to the action (clubs).

When not to come: During national holidays, people leave the city to visit loved ones elsewhere or visit the beach.
It's empty on:
5 de mayo*, christmas time, independence day, and holy week/easter.
* - Ironically, the 5 de mayo battle takes place in Puebla...its residents leave the city and the gov't holds a parade.

Best club:
XS - While Prince/Damtshaa compete for the "most exclusive" title, XS takes the overall title. People of ALL types come here. It's in Puebla City, La Paz district. Drinks are not expensive, and there's always a huge crowd. The crowd is down to earth. XS is Puebla's "Pata Negra". Tell your cabbie to pick you up if you are going to go out and plan on taking a female home, that way you won't have to wait since cabbies are busy when clubs close.

The best way to get action:
Pipeline, come to puebla, run through pipeline and get into a social circle at the same time.

How to get into a social circle?
Try to add a couple of club promoters on FB, tell them you're from X visiting puebla. Look for "promotora" on FB. Either that or talk to girls from the local universities. If you want to invest, buy drinks at a table where there are more girls than guys so you can talk your way through it.

So what the fuck is there to do in this city?
Great question, let me answer!

Food! The best darn food you will taste in Mexico. Head over to "El Parian" (near convention center and 5 de Mayo Blvd) for some authentic food. 3 enchiladas, consome, 12 chalupas, 1 pitcher of beer for 220 pesos (including tip). There's Mole Poblano, which is sweet and tasty, buy some to take home. It's like 100 pesos for half a kilo. I don't eat anything else but Mexican food in this city.

Colonial buildings:
The city still has a colonial vibe to it and it's not man-made like Monterrey. You'll see plenty of nice buildings in Puebla City and Cholula. There's a church on top of a hill in Choula, you can walk up the hill into the church and see all the city during the day, it's pretty at night.

History:
There are many sights to see such as the buildings and museums like a railroad museums, churches with gold decorations, and the battle site of the 5 de Mayo battle where there's a big museum and the battle site is a park/forest. Churches might be good to game, but not the battle site...it's a forest with park, a big forest, the visitor density is low.

Pyramids:
There are pyramids in cholula where you can go and visit. Plenty of Aztec stuff around here. Some guys dance while hanging/flying off a pole.

The angle for the season
Audi is opening a new plant nearby, and VW is expanding. Come and say that you work for either company. You're either 1 - doing consulting or 2 - scouting the city before moving in. Ladies will think you're flush in cash.

My process:
I used to pipeline middle class girls, get into their circle and bang from there, expanding my circle at the same time. Eventually I moved on into pipelining Tec-students/hiso-milfs. Puebla's high society is on Badoo! My intro? Told them they look less than their age, and they have good taste so taking them shopping is a nice idea. I sell them a dream and never follow through, they forget about it. Most of the time I didn't pay for dates, but since I tagged two HiSos (one from GDL living here) I met on Badoo they basically pay for everything and one let me borrow her BMW/Benz, which I used to impress other girls, and got invited to events. My "gringo" passport started to pull in in the long run because they knew I traveled a lot, thought I had money (keyword: thought), and they wanted to move to America due to security risks with Mexico's HiSos.

Now I just come into puebla, announce my visit on FB (picture of a plane), and "amigas" start to ask me when we can go out for "coffee" or to a club ("de antro").

Quote:Quote:

I didn't really do anything non-touristy in Puebla. I went to Cholula to see the pyramid/church, but had no idea there was any nightlife there. I was staying near the Zocalo in Puebla and was there mid-week. It was really quiet at night. I had no idea what to really do for nightlife.

Unfortunately, nightlife (everything actually) is dead from Sunday-Wednesday. There are some restaurants and bars near the square but they aren't packed. If you return, check what events near taking place.

Quote: (07-14-2013 06:29 AM)placer Wrote:  

Yet another problem Puebla right now is that the local volcano is spewing a lot of ash all over the city. I wouldn't go there myself until the volcano calms down again. It was one of the places I lived in Mexico; I got the best results gaming with fatties or, much better: cute non-local girls from other cities in Mexico. The pretty girls from Puebla are almost always snobs and you need serious social circle game to bang them.

One can probably get better results by going south to Oaxaca, east to Veracruz, or west to Mexico City. All can be reached from CAPU--Puebla's big bus stop--within a few hours in a single inexpensive bus ride.

Another nearby possibility which looks promising is Tlaxcala to the north; one of the girls I probably could have banged if I had the right logistics was from there. I knew her long enough to see her weight go up and down like a yo-yo. When she was fat, ugh, but when one her diets kicked in, she was really hot and, yes, she put out (her sister insisted she always wear a condom, but for people with my creampie fetish, I got the sense you could raw dog her after a couple of dates, or gamed her well enough on the first hot date).

Yeah, the ash is sort of bad. Just wear something to cover your mouth and everything is okay. I feel bad for the ladies who air dry their clothes only to find ash on them.

And you're rich on the social circle, if you don't have one...better have thick skin. When I finally got a social circle, getting laid got way easier. I started to fuck unknown ladies and later on found out they were my friend's friend. Non-locals are easier too, they don't have a sense of entitlement. That's the beast part with all the universities in Puebla, perfect spot for non-locals.

What busses do you prefer? ADO Platino seems to be the best since they have wifi, power plugs, and go nonstop. Perfect spot to pipeline while on the road. Morelos is a good spot, and so is Atlixco. I don't know about Oaxaca. The problem with Tlaxcala is that it's small.

Quote: (11-14-2011 12:50 PM)bars Wrote:  

MMM "Pipope" for poblanas is like you said, pieza poblana perfecta(perfect piece of poblana)...
For the rest of the country it stands for "Pinche Poblana Pendeja" (stupid asshole poblana)...

Quote: (07-13-2013 07:04 PM)Cattle Rustler Wrote:  

In regards to pipope, I agree with bars, it means "Pinche Poblana(o) Pendeja(o)". Only poblanas will refer to themselves as "Pieza Poblana Perfecta". Calling a poblana PiPoPe will piss her off, so use it to your convenience. Why pipope? Because Poblanas (proper name) are known for being the most shallow and materialistic women in mexico and being ugly at the same time.

OMG PiPoPe ... that hillarious !!!

Good to get an update. They were talking about the volcano being more active, that sucks that the city is getting covered in ash...

Spent four days in Puebla and Cholula during the Morbido Film Festival a week ago. Not a data sheet, just some rapid fire impressions.

The main city square, Zocalo, which is encircled by restaurants (except for the side on which the cathedral sits), is a huge gathering spot and there are an absolute ton of young people hanging around. I would have to say though that the girls seemed mostly coupled up in the square.

There are a number of hotels nearby that have rooftop bars, but again, my experience in the bars in Puebla in that area is that people are already grouped up. I didn't go to any clubs as I was the guest of the fest organizers, so even my bar experience was somewhat limited to the venues for festival events. I tried to arrive earlier to get a sense of the places, and that's the basis for my comments here.

Quality-wise, I would say it was middling, not much better (the festival crowd was rich Mexicans and actors, so the level was higher). I didn't see a lot of stunners, but average would be smallish, in better shape than most americans. Darker skin (by Mexican standards) seemed more standard.

Worth a trip to Cholula to see the pyramids (two, one built on top of the other), with a church build on the very top. Tunnels constructed by archaeologists under the 2nd pyramid are an interesting experience, as is eating chili-infused roasted grasshopper.

We booked late and stayed at a Marriot in the Finsa area, which I don't recommend - it was just what was left when we booked as the festival and just normal weekends attracts a lot of people to Puebla. You'd want to stay near-ish to Zocalo - its a decent city for walking so perhaps no more than 10 blocks in any direction. Colleagues who booked earlier stayed at Hotel Sueno, which seemed nice, though it wasn't a party hotel in the least. It was just a few blocks from Zocalo Sq. though. Puebla de Antano was the hotel with the roofbar, and given the couches and the chilly outdoor weather, could be a good date spot, in front of one of the fireplaces they had on the roof. Absolutely clueless service, but a decent vibe of a place.

Getting a sim card was pretty straightforward, but the card didn't automatically configure on my Samsung phone, had to be manually done (I googled it, and then my data service started working). The packaging for a sim card warns it may take up to 48 hrs to being working (really??), so keep that possibility in mind. I was sorted out, though for 10 USD over the time I was there (had access for maybe a bit more than half).

Taxis didn't tend to use meters, so I'd pay what I thought was appropriate. Definitely there is a gringo markup.

Food - some very nice restaurants around, mixed in with lower end taquerias in street-side shops. The Marriot has a decent brunch if you wanna "load up) and the restaurant inside was quite good, actually.

Flights in and out to PBC go through Houston on United. You can also fly into MEX and by car, I'm told its about 1:30, though traffic can make that vary significantly.

I've referral links for most credit cards, PM me for them & thanks if you use them
Strip away judeo-christian ethics ingraining sex is dirty/bad & the idea we're taking advantage of these girls disintegrates. Once you've lost that ethical quandary (which it isn't outside religion) then they've no reason to play the victim, you've no reason to feel the rogue. The interaction is to their benefit.
Frequent Travs
Phils SZ China

It's been two years since anyone has posted up on this bitch. Has anyone been there? Any update homies? I hope to go there in the next year as soon as I get a job.

Badoo sucks, MSN messenger has ceased to exist, and bitches are really hesitant to add strangers on FB.....so I dunno what to do for pipelining.

All I know is that the Holiday Inn has some good hotels there, they are seemed as good by your local middle class girl, and not overpriced like the fucking Sheraton. Most taxis don't use a meter but I'd definitely haggle every time.

Anyone been here recently? I've got 2 weeks between my apartment ending in Mexico City, and having to be in the US to meet a client, so I'm going to check it out. Looking at Cholula and Angelopolis based off the previous posts