rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Company Logo Question

Company Logo Question

I've been looking at Fiverr and have found a few logo designers who have good portfolios.

What I don't understand is two things that are often included in their premium package...

1) Social Media Kit

2) Stationary Designs

I intend to use the logo on my company website, business cards, twitter, facebook page, instagram etc. Does anyone understand what these are and whether I need them based on what I am intending to do?

All help would be appreciated. I would message the logo designers directly but I don't want to get upsold without knowing whether I actually need that service.

Company Logo Question

Quote: (01-25-2017 01:45 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

I've been looking at Fiverr and have found a few logo designers who have good portfolios.

What I don't understand is two things that are often included in their premium package...

1) Social Media Kit

2) Stationary Designs

I intend to use the logo on my company website, business cards, twitter, facebook page, instagram etc. Does anyone understand what these are and whether I need them based on what I am intending to do?

All help would be appreciated. I would message the logo designers directly but I don't want to get upsold without knowing whether I actually need that service.

Fiverr is where you go to get very cheap cut-and-paste logos. The 'designer' just looks for public domain clip art and assembles it with your company name.

That might be enough, depending on what your business is.

If you want an actual designer to create a unique logo, it will cost a lot more than $5 or $25.

You can try 99 designs, Upwork, or pick one of the ones from this Quora thread:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-...test-sites

Company Logo Question

I work in Fiverr and have done Logos before but I really have no idea what these terms refer to

My guesses:

1)"Social Media kit"
Is probably different resolution sized versions of your logo,some with transparent backgrounds png's or gif's to copy and paste,banners.etc

2)No bloody idea.

If you want ,just for kicks, PM me here an idea of what logo you want if you havent commissioned it yet and I'lls ee if I can come up with something myself..
I'm a jack of all trades when it comes to visual design,but since you're a forumite, whatever I do will be on the house [Image: smile.gif]

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Company Logo Question

Quote: (01-25-2017 03:01 PM)ascotpudding Wrote:  

Quote: (01-25-2017 01:45 PM)lavidaloca Wrote:  

1) Social Media Kit

2) Stationary Designs

Fiverr is where you go to get very cheap cut-and-paste logos. The 'designer' just looks for public domain clip art and assembles it with your company name.

That might be enough, depending on what your business is.

If you want an actual designer to create a unique logo, it will cost a lot more than $5 or $25.

You can try 99 designs, Upwork, or pick one of the ones from this Quora thread:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-...test-sites

I'm in the personal service business (lawyer). In an area with low competition for my area. Essentially non existent. There isn't really a need to spend a lot on logo as my competition is very low.

If I was in a more competitive field I'd spend more but I don't really see the point in a non competitive field.

Company Logo Question

Social Media kit usually means they will set up images specifically for your social media websites, think of a FB banner which is more of a rectangle than a square. Stretching out a normal logo won't look as good in that case.

Not sure about stationary but that might involve logos that are printed on stuff like your letterhead.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Company Logo Question

Quote: (01-25-2017 03:14 PM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

I work in Fiverr and have done Logos before but I really have no idea what these terms refer to

My guesses:

1)"Social Media kit"
Is probably different resolution sized versions of your logo,some with transparent backgrounds png's or gif's to copy and paste,banners.etc

2)No bloody idea.

If you want ,just for kicks, PM me here an idea of what logo you want if you havent commissioned it yet and I'lls ee if I can come up with something myself..
I'm a jack of all trades when it comes to visual design,but since you're a forumite, whatever I do will be on the house [Image: smile.gif]

Pmd you El Gostro

Company Logo Question

I think I paid around $100 or $150 from a professional company for the logo design of a business I used to have. My business partner handled most of the logo design, but I remember they had multiple artists and an unlimited amount of revisions. In the end they sent the logo in a bunch of different formats so we could use it on everything.

I don't remember the company's name and you could definitely get it done for cheaper, but they were very professional and had great service, so it was worth the money.

Company Logo Question

For those of us that are graphically challenged (read: me), how would we go about getting a suitable logo designed, if we have absolutely no idea what the logo should be?

Company Logo Question

Quote: (01-26-2017 10:13 PM)Marmite Wrote:  

For those of us that are graphically challenged (read: me), how would we go about getting a suitable logo designed, if we have absolutely no idea what the logo should be?

Start with an idea of the concept you want to convey.
Is it about building? So maybe something that represenst your trade or your business:
A hammer and chisel for a sculptor, a hammer and saw for a carpenter, a key hole or key and lock for a locksmith, fork and knife for a restaurant, beer tankard for a tavern.etc

Logos are pretty much like Icons or emoticons,they convey an idea more than words:
"Aah, a butchery with a pig shaped banner! They obviously specialize in porcine meat!"

Bigger companies have more abstract logos which are designed to drive teh point that they are something above or beyond their own category and "premium" which is why they can afford to use something that is not directly and pictorically related to their subject.

Of course there are exceptions and more nuances, but this is about the general gist of it

We move between light and shadow, mutually influencing and being influenced through shades of gray...

Company Logo Question

The social media kit is for example a cover photo for facebook + profile photo + instagram logo, etc.... Obviously the cover for example for facebook will be a different size/shape, if not design as well.

Stationery kit is if you need a design for a letterhead template, notebook, pen, cd covers, envelopes, etc....

That said, make sure to clarify if business card is included in the stationery kit if you do get it. it could be separate.

Obviously each one will have the same logo but will have different designs.

If you actually have employees/physical company and need to send letters/envelopes or have actual meetings, stationery kit helps. If this is just online its useless.