rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Fiction with Red pill characters

Hello fellow RVF,

I was looking for fiction books with Red pill / Alpha characters. I couldn't find any thread in here that talks about this. I'd like to make a list, if you guys could make some suggestions it would be great!

I will start by the few ones I know:

- The count of Monte-Cristo (My favorite fiction)
- Three Musketeers
- Bukowski books

I love to read, but can only handle reading nonfiction nowadays. I find myself unable to suspend my disbelief reading modern-day fiction, as it just doesn't connect with what I've experienced to be reality.

Far too many authors write books depicting the world as they wish it to be, not how it actually is. (e.g. beta males winning the affections of a female over an alpha, etc.) Their books are more like wish fulfillment vanity projects than anything.

If you're looking for red pill characters in fiction, you'll have much better luck turning to the past. Most anything written in the last decade or two will be "cucked," for lack of a better term. I highly recommend you find yourself a copy of "The Mandrake" by Niccolo Machiavelli, best known for his political treatise, "The Prince." It's a great comedy with a number of red pill characters, my favorite being Ligurio.

Unintended Consequences by John Ross comes to mind. Henry Bowman is pretty red pill as I recall, though I haven't read the book in probably 8 years. Might be time to read it again.

You can find it in PDF form around the internet. It's long out of print, and used copies are pretty expensive. Probably not the kind of thing you'll find in a library but you never know. I have a PDF copy on a hard drive somewhere too.

He also wrote a pile of excellent non-fiction articles that used to be hosted on john-ross.net, but his site has been offline for years. That's a fucking tragedy, I hope I can dig them up somewhere else online.

You might try fiction by contemporary known-RP people like Vox Day, Tom Kratman, etc. I could more easily come up with a long list of authors to avoid if you want RP characters, though.

Sir Harry Paget Flashman. End of thread. The Flashman novels are books all RVF'ers could appreciate.

Well-researched history, great action scenes, and a protagonist who's mind is dead focused on hustling for money and vagina while ignoring and flaunting the trite social blue pill social pieties of his time.

https://infogalactic.com/info/Harry_Flashman

Thank you guys for the recommendations. I will add these to my to read list.

I forgot to add the Big Sleep of Raymond Chandler to my initial list, it's a great read and Phillip Marlowe is very red pill.

If you like crime and detective books you will love it.

Keep them coming!!

The Decameron by Boccaccio

Agatha Christie, believe it or not.

Poirot is more sigma than alpha, and Miss Marple is obviously a woman, but the observations on personal character, motivations, social norms, relationships, etc. are spot-on red pill. So much so it frequently made me laugh.

Poirot is the better of the two by far - because, of course, being a man he is more active in his investigations, looking for evidence, confronting bad guys/girls, taking risks.

Actually, some of the red pillest shit of all time is Balzac's The Human Comedy.

Human Comedy is just an overall title given to the entirety of Balzac's literary output (which is a metric dick ton).

Two I recommend to start:

- Le Pere Goroit: about a young man who learns to be a social climber, seduce women, and gain political power. Basically he sees enough shit happen to decent men and takes enough shit from women, that the book is like a shedding of blue pill down to the very last drop. The last line of the book is famous, as he has completed the transformation and, standing on a hill overlooking Paris, shouts "it's between you and me now" (kind of like a more classy Scarface moment).

- La Rabouilleuse: two grown brothers and their mother navigate financial hardship after the fall of Napoleon. It's too hard to sum up the plot because it is a roving story of backstabbing and family fighting and provincial politics. There are lots of dark triad alphas and manipulative sluts involved.

Quote: (11-12-2016 10:06 AM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

Actually, some of the red pillest shit of all time is Balzac's The Human Comedy.

Human Comedy is just an overall title given to the entirety of Balzac's literary output (which is a metric dick ton).

Two I recommend to start:

- Le Pere Goroit: about a young man who learns to be a social climber, seduce women, and gain political power. Basically he sees enough shit happen to decent men and takes enough shit from women, that the book is like a shedding of blue pill down to the very last drop. The last line of the book is famous, as he has completed the transformation and, standing on a hill overlooking Paris, shouts "it's between you and me now" (kind of like a more classy Scarface moment).

- La Rabouilleuse: two grown brothers and their mother navigate financial hardship after the fall of Napoleon. It's too hard to sum up the plot because it is a roving story of backstabbing and family fighting and provincial politics. There are lots of dark triad alphas and manipulative sluts involved.

The novels in La Comédie humaine also have recurring characters, so for example, if you like Vautrin from Le Père Goriot, you can find him in other novels too. What a great collection of books.

I would also consider Howard Roark, from The Fountainhead, to be a Red Pill character, at least in the beginning, although maybe he develops one-itis later. I think the reason for the seeming contradiction is that the author had a fantasy of being with a strong, heroic man who would nonetheless be devoted to one woman, to the point of not letting the fact that she slept around with other men get in the way of the relationship.

Then there's Joyce Cary's trilogy (Herself Surprised, To Be a Pilgrim, and The Horse's Mouth), in which the penniless artist Gulley Jimson is able to pull the amoral Sara Monday, who says, "I too was one of those who can put their conscience to sleep when they like, just to please themselves." (Although I guess a woman's having that much honesty and self-awareness is not all that believable.)

It's a comic book, but Garth Ennis' Punisher Max is about as red pill as it gets.

[Image: 14369020._SX540_.jpg]

Honorary mention for Tom Clancy's Ryanverse too. The operator who started it all: John Clark gets his beginnings in Without Remorse. This is a good place to start if you intend to jump into the world of Jack Ryan.

[Image: 517v9btBzZL.jpg]

I recently read Davis Aurini's novel As I walk this Broken Roads, and it deals with a lot of red pill knowledge.

You can also look into Norse myths and anything Punisher (a lot of fascist undertones, which follows into red pill territory).

A lot of classic novels are more realistic in their portrayal of humans. I would look up The Novel 100 for a really good list of Fiction books to read in general.

Wolf Laraen from Jack Londons "The Sea Wolf". However as mentioned above the main character beta who kind of goes Alpha gets the girl.

The Great Gatsby.

Alpha male - Tom Buchanan
Loser Sigma male - Jay Gatsby
Moral of a story - A chick will never die for you, chickens are better than chicks

If you dig horror I'd recommend Brian Lumley's "Necroscope" series. He's been writing them for 30 something years now. British-based mind-spy superhero type stuff with some of the most evil vampires ever written as antagonists. Heard his writing once described as "muscular horror" and that's about the best way I can sum it up.

The main hero of the series, Harry Keogh, is pretty redpilled without Lumley ever coming out and saying it- does his own thing, doesn't compromise, doesn't ever stay tied down to one girl for more than the course of one book at best. Still finds himself fighting the odds as well though without ever going in to Mary Sue territory.

Lumley himself was in the British army when he was a younger man so it also doesn't seem like he's talking out his ass either.

Quote: (11-11-2016 08:20 PM)LeoneVolpe Wrote:  

I love to read, but can only handle reading nonfiction nowadays. I find myself unable to suspend my disbelief reading modern-day fiction, as it just doesn't connect with what I've experienced to be reality.

Far too many authors write books depicting the world as they wish it to be, not how it actually is. (e.g. beta males winning the affections of a female over an alpha, etc.) Their books are more like wish fulfillment vanity projects than anything.

Explains why so many chicks are into fiction.

Come to think of it, 9/10 books I read are non-fiction.

A classic from the 1970s... Lucifer's Hammer by Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle. I haven't read it yet, but I do remember feminist being rather upset at the portrayal of women after the cataclysm.

One I did read I can recommend is 'One Second After'. The author tries to paint a realistic scenario after just about every electronic devise in the USA and Canada is fried by a nuke induced EMP. William R. Forstchen wrote the book as a warning, in the hopes that our government would take steps to guard against an EMP attack. Spoiler: A brutal gang with a messiah like leader takes over a region, women are reduced to basically being property. Which is what you would expect in a world where civilization collapses.

Ah, Lucifer's Hammer. Good book. I don't remember the characters well enough to say if they were specifically "red pill" but the book itself definitely is. Footfall is good as well, written by the same authors. I've been entertaining myself for the last half hour reading the reviews feminist women and manginas left of the two books on Goodreads.

Petruchio in Shakespeare's "The Taming of the Shrew."

The heroine Katherine is sucked up to by beta suitors and is miserable, then Petruchio comes along and through unyielding frame control finally gets her to submit, so much so that she admits that she will even deny the sun is the sun and the moon is the moon if he tells her so:

And be it the moon, or sun, or what you please;
And if you please to call it a rush-candle,
Henceforth I vow it shall be so for me
But sun it is not, when you say it is not,
And the moon changes even as your mind:
What you will have it named, even that it is,
And so it shall be so for Katherine.

---

And of course once she submits to an alpha male, she is finally happy. Shakespeare knew what was up.

From what I have read so far of Michael Connelly's 'The Black Echo', the main character, Harry Bosch seems to be rather red pilled. Besides for a few beta tendencies with his love interest. It isn't unbearable IMO, good plot too.

"You see, there are still faint glimmers of civilization left in this barbaric slaughterhouse that was once known as humanity. Indeed that's what we provide in our own modest, humble, insignificant... oh, fuck it." -Monsieur Gustave H, The Grand Budapest Hotel.

Ketosis Datasheet
Diet Update #1