rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Anxiety Med Success stories?

I took Remeron in the past and was kinda neutral about it. I may need to take it again, or Lexapro for a 3-6 month span. Most of what you read online related to meds is negative, but do anybody have any success stories with anxiety/depression meds?

I haven't tried any prescription stuff. But, I read @ dangerandplay about Nacetylcysteine and tried it, really impressing stuff. It did wonders for me.

Also, coconut oil does it for me.

I only had bad experiences with those things. They made me feel even more deeply alienated from myself than my depression did. It felt like I had another layer of skin, if that makes any sense. NAC was awesome. You can buy it OTC and dose it accordingly.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Why are you looking for success stories? Those drugs are powerful, mess up your brain chemistry, and you will go through withdrawal when you quit. They don't call it that. They call it "discontinuation syndrome" because supposedly your body doesn't become physically dependent on the drugs. Read up on that shit before you start. If you haven't tried every possible lifestyle change, if you are making excuses not to, then you're just here looking for an excuse to do legal drugs for a while. Want to know a neat side effect of Lexapro? Suicide. If you're into Russian Roulette, then ok.

Quote:Quote:

I may need to take it again, or Lexapro for a 3-6 month span.

What does this even mean? Who told you six months from now you'll be better if you take an SSRI and change nothing else? The doctor who gets a kickback from the drug company every time he prescribes that shit?

This casual approach to psychotropic pharmaceuticals is fucking up our civilization more by the day. Get more sun, get a light box, change your diet, stop drinking alcohol, stop drinking caffeine, go do strong lifts five times a week, and take responsibility for your own mindfulness. "As I think, so I am." That shit is in the bible for a reason.

If you're being honest, and none of that works, get your T checked. I am not a doctor, but there are a thousand things to do before fucking up your brain with fucking Lexapro.

I've taken xanax before long flights. It usually knocks me out. I guess that's success.

Aloha!

With most issues, prescription drugs should be the LAST resort. Try everything non-prescription you can, then go the OTC route, then seek professional help, then prescriptions.

thread-57798...78279.html

daily meditation is your best route.

People who have good experiences typically don't go to the internet to talk about it. People who have bad experiences typically vent a lot about it. This may explain the bias that you often see online.

Personally I steer clear of psychiatric treatment. The brain is a frontier of human physiology, actively researched but poorly understood. I don't trust the pharmaceutical industry enough to let its chemicals into the inner sanctum of my thoughts and personality.

In terms of my observations of other people.... everyone I know who has taken those drugs or something similar and talked to me about it, wasn't able to improve his or her life by prescriptions alone.

Me personally...I used to have anxiety issues. I changed my diet, my living situation, and went through some hard times that taught me the extent of my own resilience.

Hit the gym and do squats. That cured any anxiety I ever had.

“There is no global anthem, no global currency, no certificate of global citizenship. We pledge allegiance to one flag, and that flag is the American flag!” -DJT

Everybody's a psychiatrist. (sarcasm) Do you ask people on the street how to fix your automatic transmission?

Uh, no-- it's kind of complicated.

That said, it's good to get a holistically oriented psychiatrist and also a full physical checkup.
You may well be able to keep med dosage to a minimum by exercise, meditation, therapy etc.
It helps if the Psychiatrist is a native English speaker ( if you are) he or she will be able to get a better read on where you might be going wrong cognitively or behaviorally.

I was on RX anti-depressants for a while but as I learned more positive thinking now I just take St Johns Wort which is like a mild SSRI.

I'm a licensed therapist (not a psychiatrist) and smart psychiatrists try to emphasize with many patients "pills don't give you skills"-- one such guy was recruiting me to work with him in his city--drugs can be like giving a car a jump-start; a dead battery won't recover on its own. You may well be able to reduce or eliminate medications with techniques described above .

Then some people, need life-long medication, like some diabetics need insulin due to inborn deficiency.

I will try the NAC first for a bit (I wasn't really sure how much use it had for these issues, I thought it was more for preventing sleep apnea by opening the respiratory passages) , but I'm not writing off the anti-Anxiety drugs completely because like I said, I used Remeron in the past and it didn't do me any harm. I'll re-evaluate and see what happens by December.

My issue is that I'm having medical problems similar to an autonomic disorder (not fully diagnosed), and dealing with that shit has fucked around with my anxiety/depression. My testosterone levels are supposedly fine last time I checked.

Phenibut and microdosing weed works extremely well for me in one-off situations. Take 1g phenibut 6-7 hours before going out night gaming, take 2-3 puffs of weed right before you leave home. It doesn't completely kill your anxiety but it disconnects you enough from your anxious self that you can take an objective look at the situation at hand, and act accordingly.

Also make sure you got the basics on lockdown:
  • Sleep (Get a Casper mattress if no go get the best you can find)
  • Regular exercise
  • Quality food - drop the Mccies
  • A job that gives you money AND satisfaction (you don't have to be making mid 6 figures but enough money so that you're not worried about how to pay for your basics)
  • ZMA every night
  • Vitamin-D every morning
  • You come before everything else. You can't bring value to others' lives if you don't value your own life.

“Our great danger is not that we aim too high and fail, but that we aim too low and succeed.” ― Rollo Tomassi

What do you think makes you feel anxious?

Quote: (10-22-2016 10:14 AM)Phoenix Wrote:  

What do you think makes you feel anxious?

When I was studying in Toronto, my anxieties were some feministe twat crying false crimes to get me beaten up or shot by police.

I GTFO of that Toronto university & went to Montreal.

I found some real hippies in MTL who don't seem to mind that when I'm high on mushrooms, there is a magic that chicks would flock to me even when I'm acting very sexually aggressive to them, because I high on the mushrooms.

There are nice people in Montreal who understand the Ayahuasca & New Age anxiety treatments.

I can argue that it is the Anglo-uptight snobbery combined with police-state-feminism which is increasing anxiety in men.

In Montreal, I wanted to fuck another man's chick in front of him while I was high, and he didn't even give a shit, but his gf was afraid of him though lol.

Mushrooms & Ayahuasca for the win!

I've heard pretty successful things about people using CBD pills for anxiety. I think 30-40mg CBD 3x per day is the starting point.

Quote: (10-21-2016 09:40 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

With most issues, prescription drugs should be the LAST resort. Try everything non-prescription you can, then go the OTC route, then seek professional help, then prescriptions.

thread-57798...78279.html

There's no reason not to seek professional help earlier. Meditation, plus OTC, plus prescription drugs - if needed - is an effective combo.

Gaba is super-light and naturally occurring in your brain. Talk to your doctor about prescribing it, great for anxiety.

L-Theanine

People I know who take/took them got all fucked up on them.

Try alternative methods! Meditation, exercise or NLP

Meditation, esp mindfulness is great, but exercise is not a remedy for anxiety. Neither is eating 'healthier.'

Of course, drinking less caffeine may help a ton.

It's funny people here fall all over themselves to suggest 5 different supplements and suggestions to get tiny incremental gains in lifting, but tell people to avoid proven things that work for anxiety/stress, instead of agreeing with a similar combo route.

All drugs, including supplements, have side effects. Avoid SSRIs and bio-similars to avoid sexual problems and weight gain.

If you personally haven't had these issues to deal with [or depression, which lifting doesn't 'fix' either] I suggest not giving advice, just like the 115-lb keyboard jockey shouldn't give advice on gaining muscle mass.

What I have taken to deal with social/approach anxiety: I understand this might not be what your looking for.

1) Phenibut- Only made me feel slightly sleepy, maybe it was bunk, who knows. I got it from powdercity. Actually I guess that sleepy feeling did reduce anxiety, just not the type I was looking for ( social anxiety)

2) Phenibut + alcohol = ive done this once and I tried to slowly add alcohol throughout the night. In total I had ~5 drinks and didnt feel much different than if I had just taken alcohol.

3) Kratom= I actually felt an uplift in mood and being more social and conversational. The 2nd time I took this, I got motion sickness in the car which ruined any benefits I could have gotten.

4) Kratom + alcohol = which I will try this halloween weekend and will report back.

Quote: (10-24-2016 05:44 PM)DonnyGately Wrote:  

Meditation, esp mindfulness is great, but exercise is not a remedy for anxiety. Neither is eating 'healthier.'

Of course, drinking less caffeine may help a ton.

It's funny people here fall all over themselves to suggest 5 different supplements and suggestions to get tiny incremental gains in lifting, but tell people to avoid proven things that work for anxiety/stress, instead of agreeing with a similar combo route.

All drugs, including supplements, have side effects. Avoid SSRIs and bio-similars to avoid sexual problems and weight gain.

If you personally haven't had these issues to deal with [or depression, which lifting doesn't 'fix' either] I suggest not giving advice, just like the 115-lb keyboard jockey shouldn't give advice on gaining muscle mass.
[Image: giphy.gif]

While I agree with your statement about avoiding SSRIs, the rest of your verbal diarrhea is..... well its shit.

Saying that making healthy lifestyle changes wont help or fix depression or anxiety is fucking rubbish mate. There is plenty of evidence out there that good sleep, good diet, and good exercise can help cure depression/anxiety.

Some of the other supplements listed are certainly worth doing your own research on an deciding from there if you want to try them or not.... but the power of having a healthy functioning body/mind is a lot more powerful then you are giving it credit for.

Bruising cervix since 96
#TeamBeard
"I just want to live out my days drinking virgin margaritas and banging virgin señoritas" - Uncle Cr33pin

Quote:Quote:

4) Kratom + alcohol = which I will try this halloween weekend and will report back.

Don't do this.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis