rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Vinny's Riga - Latvia Datasheet

Introduction:

I have searched for "Riga Datasheet" and surprisingly got no result. So I feel obliged to shed some light on that place.
I left Riga less than a week ago and the memories are still fresh.

About Riga:

Riga is a capital of Latvia and the biggest city in Baltic States. It is a nicely looking city with a well preserved Medieval Architecture. Definitely worth a short visit.
55% of population in Riga speak Russian as a native language, not all of them are Russians though. The other 45% are native Latvian speakers. Also not really Latvian all of them, judging by German, Swedish, Polish, Jewish and Russian surnames.
The currency is euro. You can fly to Riga from anywhere in the world as Riga Airport is the biggest hub in Baltics.

Girls:

Predominantly dirty blonde and tall. Recent studies show that Latvian women are actually tallest in the world.
http://www.newsweek.com/dutch-men-latvia...udy-483868
So mix them with Dutch men and you will get a race of giants [Image: biggrin.gif]

In quality Latvian women are similar to Poland or Czech Republic. But you do get some variety thanks to the Soviet Union moving people around. You can at times stumble at some random mixes of FSU nationalities.

Relationship oriented. If you see a girl HB 7 or higher it is almost certain that she has a boyfriend.

Nightgame:

There is almost no nightlife in Riga Monday to Thursday with exception of some bars and restaurants in old Riga. There is also one Karaoke place that is open every day. Don't remember the name but it is opposite of Kalku Varti.

Also in Riga there is a salsa party every night of the week except Wednesday. I will talk about this later in another section.

From Friday to Sunday the nightlife is on. So depending on what kind of girls you like choose one of the following:

For Russian girls:
Big clubs outside of old Riga.
Friends club - not a bad place located under the Radison hotel, there is a separate Karaoke room and a dance floor room.
La Rocca club coupled with Studio 69 - typical EE style nightclubs, like the ones you will find in Ukraine or Russia. Big and noizy. Studio 69 is somewhat expensive, with a lot of semi-pro looking girls. It seems like people go there to show off and not to have fun.

For Latvian girls:
Any place in Old City center: Rock Cafeinica, Omas Brilliants and all the others. Just roam around and check yourself. Entrance is mostly free.
Outside of old city there is a place called Piens where Latvian Latvians congregate.

For Foreign girls:
Kalku Varti and Shot Kafe: A lot of western European students: German and Swedish mostly. Both girls and guys. Had a lot of fun there. Met a Mexican girl and few Germans as well as a black girl from Sweden. Something you won't expect in Latvia

Daygame:

Anywhere between central rail station and old city center will have a decent amount of girls. Not a single time I got a negative response. Girls look cold and unaproachable, but after you start talking they start shining. But the conversion rate was lowest ever. You get a great interraction, get a number just to have a girl stop replying to your messages after a while.

Twilight/Gutter game:

Old city center is pretty suitable for that. Just walk around in late hours and you might stumble upon some chicks walking from place to place or eating after the party.

Online game:

Tinder is number one in Riga, but you still get some action on Badoo. My Instagram game yielded no result whatsoever in that city.
Girls do tend to be very good at making photos or concealing their handicaps. I had 3 dates from tinder. And only 1 girl looked as I expected her to look like. Another was bulky and tall 1.8m and one was a SIF with a cute face and an elephant legs. Anyways there was no date 2 with any of these girls. Would not call it a waste of time as the interactions were pleasant.

Observations and tendencies:

The country is expensive. Not actually expensive, but too expensive for Eastern Europe. Lets say a drink in Old Riga will be in 6-10 euros. In old city Lvov Ukraine you can buy a bottle of wine for 5 euros.

Latvian girls do tend to be smart and good at striking meaningful conversations. They ask a lot of questions and seem genuinely interested.

At times you see groups of 10 guys predominantly from UK. This can not be a good sign.

Complex language situation. Speaking Russian to Russians improves result speaking Russian to Latvians makes things worse. Latvian Latvian girls are nationalists and hate Russians. They do seem to love Americans, but I am not sure if it can be converted to an act of physical love [Image: biggrin.gif]

IOIs are not given out freely.

People seem sad or angry all the time. Same goes with daygame. You can think a girls dog has just died when you approach her and she suddenly starts smiling. Depression seems to be a national trait.

Internet speed is amazing. Sim cards are cheap.

Riga is a good place to learn Russian if you are not ready for a big leap to Russia or Ukraine. Russian is used widely and at least 95% of people speak Russian.

Girls are relationship oriented. Having a relationship is a necessity. With the Scandinavian prices and Eastern European wages people can't afford to live on their own.
Here is the math. Average wage 400 euro. Average rent 250 euro. Utilities 100 euro. So you need the other person to afford food [Image: biggrin.gif]

Competition is pretty high. Latvian guys don't daygame, but approach during the night. Some of them are tall and take care of themselves. Going to gym is a normal thing.

Salsa:

So there is a salsa party in Riga nearly every night. Check this website http://www.salsaparty.lv for a schedule.
Parties are small, but it is better than nothing on a weekday night. Most of them are also free.
Quality of girls at a salsa is lower than in other nightlife venues.

Transportation:

Taxis are affordable. Average 10-20 minutes ride will be 5 euros. However 1 bus ride is 2 euro unless you have bought a ticket in advance. Which is super expensive for EE. Compare this to 15 euro cents for metro in Kiev and 7 euro cents for a tram in Odessa [Image: biggrin.gif]

To get from the airport to city center use bus 22. Or a taxi - this should cost around 15 eur.

Get a Taxify app.

Overview:
I would advice Riga for a short visit during spring or summer. It is a beautiful green city with rich history and impressive medieval architecture.

But I would not advice to stay there for a long time. It is too expensive for EE and getting quality girls is a hard task.

My opinion of Riga is really low and this is unrelated to all the other datasheets I read..but in summer there is simply too many stag parties and people from scotland, UK and Ireland going there and the girls are used to make the hand gesture to make the guy leave or gold digging them.

Latvian love ice hockey though, it may be a good angle to approach the girls though.

From what i've gathered Riga is a place that has been affected badly by the cheap ryanair flights and British stag combo. A place that i plan to visit however.

Quote: (10-08-2016 04:16 PM)Conquerer7 Wrote:  

From what i've gathered Riga is a place that has been affected badly by the cheap ryanair flights and British stag combo. A place that i plan to visit however.

Heard the same and took it off my list.

Resident Germany Expert. See my Datasheet:
thread-59335.html

Mini Datasheets: Antwerp / Rotterdam / Lille

Quote: (10-08-2016 04:16 PM)Conquerer7 Wrote:  

I was on a plane today headed to Riga and I saw several Italian sex tourist poorly dressed in track pants and running shoes with wind breaker jackets.

Quote: (10-08-2016 03:45 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

In quality Latvian women are similar to Poland or Czech Republic.
Vinny, first of all it's high quality report, thanks!
One question, Estonia is on the same level with Latvia, Poland or Czech Republic in quality of women? Or it's little bit lower/higher?

I agree with Vinny that Riga sucks for pickup but some guys do have a lot of fun, especially those who can approach with humor during the day. Case in point is travel bum (whatever happened to him?). He managed to snag a very hot blonde via day-game:

Quote: (10-08-2016 06:12 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

I agree with Vinny that Riga sucks for pickup but some guys do have a lot of fun, especially those who can approach with humor during the day. Case in point is travel bum (whatever happened to him?). He managed to snag a very hot blonde via day-game:

I am not saying finding a cute girl via daygame is not possible. But you will have to work more. Approach more sets to find those less flakey and have more dates.

That means you have to stay longer in a country that is far from being cheap. I would rather go somewhere else.

The way I gauge the country these days is based on quality of girls, a work that you need to do and the money you need to spend. I don't mean spending money on a girl, but on a normal dating process and just you living in the country. Lets say in Ukraine I would spend 2 times less and put up at least half amount of work, also the average quality is higher. That means that with same amount of money and time spent I would have higher amount of cute girls. Damn you Kiev, I can no longer enjoy other places.

One of my daygame successes was based on IOIs. Those trully don't lie. A girl looked at me just a bit longer than she normally would. I chased her up. 2 days after I was sucking on her lovely titties in my apartment.
But another 10 good interactions that I thought would lead to a same result lead nowhere.

Quote: (10-08-2016 06:25 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

I am not saying finding a cute girl via daygame is not possible. But you will have to work more. Approach more sets to find those less flakey and have more dates.

That means you have to stay longer in a country that is far from being cheap. I would rather go somewhere else.

The way I gauge the country these days is based on quality of girls, a work that you need to do and the money you need to spend. I don't mean spending money on a girl, but on a normal dating process and just you living in the country. Lets say in Ukraine I would spend 2 times less and put up at least half amount of work, also the average quality is higher. That means that with same amount of money and time spent I would have higher amount of cute girls. Damn you Kiev, I can no longer enjoy other places.

One of my daygame successes was based on IOIs. Those trully don't lie. A girl looked at me just a bit longer than she normally would. I chased her up. 2 days after I was sucking on her lovely titties in my apartment.
But another 10 good interactions that I thought would lead to a same result lead nowhere.

Is that IOI story from Riga? Also, I am of the mindset that evening game is the best for a place like Riga. I loved the old town there and if (and that's a big IF) the weather co-operates café/bar game in the evening is where it's at. Also, smoking rate among females is very high in Latvia so always easy to approach these beauties with a simple "do you have a cigarette?" comment [Image: smile.gif]

Another drawback of Riga is the flock of people going on nowadays, all girls are running to foreign countries due to the fragile economic conditions.

Imagine a UE country, with UE prices and regulations, but with salaries and social security on levels slightly above Ukraine. That is Latvia.

This was a first hand report I received today...and got the bang ))))

This data seems to be on par with my experiences from when I was there in April for about a week. Avoid the stag parties, and if they stumble into a venue bail to another place, though generally speaking they only go to the main bars in the old town (along the street that your on when you walk into old town from the north).

The relationship game definitely resonates, when I met girls they almost always asked how long I was planning to stay in Riga within the first five minutes of conversation, and answers of "1 day, 1 weekend" were not what they wanted to hear. Relationships seem like a must if your targeting 7+ Latvians, they aren't going to sleep with random foreigners running through the city all the time, especially since the city is small, news presumably travels fast, social circle is prominent and they don't want to be viewed as a bad girl by their friends/locals.

I don't know too much about the Russian girls, as most of my interactions were with ethnic Latvians, but I they are definitely in a different social structure than the Latvians, i.e. different clubs, different friend groups, kind of like what's going on in Tallinn, Estonia. Be interesting to hear any game differences between the groups.

In any case great datasheet!

Quote: (10-08-2016 09:33 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

Is that IOI story from Riga? Also, I am of the mindset that evening game is the best for a place like Riga. I loved the old town there and if (and that's a big IF) the weather co-operates café/bar game in the evening is where it's at. Also, smoking rate among females is very high in Latvia so always easy to approach these beauties with a simple "do you have a cigarette?" comment [Image: smile.gif]

Yes that happened in Riga few weeks ago.

I started consistently daygaming in Ukraine this summer. My skills are now times better. I had results in Riga, but they were worse.

The thing is that I had good daygaming experience: no blow outs, great interactions, instadates. I closed about 90% of girls in one way or another (high rate, cause I was basing my approaches on IOIs). Yet the conversion rate was just terrible.
The only thing I can think of is that all these girls had BFs they did not want to mention straight away.

I can confirm that Riga is unjustifiably expensive, especially if you compare wages/salaries with local prices on food, etc.

OP, is it the same thing in Tallinn, you need the same amount of money as you need in Riga?

Quote: (10-09-2016 04:56 PM)DavBli Wrote:  

I can confirm that Riga is unjustifiably expensive, especially if you compare wages/salaries with local prices on food, etc.

OP, is it the same thing in Tallinn, you need the same amount of money as you need in Riga?

Prices in Tallinn might be the same but wages apparently are 1/3 higher.
https://www.reinisfischer.com/average-sa...union-2015

Vinny do you have any suggestions for bars and pubs in the area? I'm currently here and kind of bored and depressed lol. I definitely agree with you that people in general looked cold and depressed like they just had a funeral or something. The cashiers don't even look at you when they give you back your change. I've tried to small talk with some of the employees but they give me 1 word answers lol.
I read in Roosh's Bang guide that you need to role with at least 1 other person if you want to have success in clubs otherwise you will be seen as a loser. Is this true? Also did you experience any face control when you hit up clubs as a foreigner? I've been getting a lot of weird/dirty looks from people everywhere I walk. I'm not sure if this is a cultural thing or because I'm a ethnic minority. I plan to hit up at least 1 Russian and 1 Latvian club but Roosh mentioned face control at a lot of these clubs.

Quote: (10-12-2016 12:02 PM)destiny Wrote:  

Vinny do you have any suggestions for bars and pubs in the area? I'm currently here and kind of bored and depressed lol. I definitely agree with you that people in general looked cold and depressed like they just had a funeral or something. The cashiers don't even look at you when they give you back your change. I've tried to small talk with some of the employees but they give me 1 word answers lol.
I read in Roosh's Bang guide that you need to role with at least 1 other person if you want to have success in clubs otherwise you will be seen as a loser. Is this true? Also did you experience any face control when you hit up clubs as a foreigner? I've been getting a lot of weird/dirty looks from people everywhere I walk. I'm not sure if this is a cultural thing or because I'm a ethnic minority. I plan to hit up at least 1 Russian and 1 Latvian club but Roosh mentioned face control at a lot of these clubs.

Go to old Riga, walk the wider streets and enter all the places that are open. Entrance is free. Stay in a place only if you find targets.

On thursday Folk Ala Club gets busy with some Karaoke, go there. Always full on Thursdays, cheap beer, tasty food.Thank me later.

It is the same all over the FSU. Being alone in the club is considered very strange and suspicious. I always say my friends got tired and left, or about to arrive, then it makes sense.

It is funny that this idea for a little lie was given me by the girls themselves. They could not believe I am alone and were trying to guess what happened to my friends.

Quote: (10-12-2016 12:18 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2016 12:02 PM)destiny Wrote:  

Go to old Riga, walk the wider streets and enter all the places that are open. Entrance is free. Stay in a place only if you find targets.

On thursday Folk Ala Club gets busy with some Karaoke, go there. Always full on Thursdays, cheap beer, tasty food.Thank me later.

It is the same all over the FSU. Being alone in the club is considered very strange and suspicious. I always say my friends got tired and left, or about to arrive, then it makes sense.

It is funny that this idea for a little lie was given me by the girls themselves. They could not believe I am alone and were trying to guess what happened to my friends.

Thanks Vinny, I was just there today and managed to facebook close a chick who was leaving tomorrow, but my internet stopped working. I'll go check out your club recommendations tomorrow .

Quote: (10-12-2016 06:49 PM)destiny Wrote:  

Quote: (10-12-2016 12:18 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

On thursday Folk Ala Club gets busy with some Karaoke, go there. Always full on Thursdays, cheap beer, tasty food. Thank me later.
Thanks Vinny, I was just there today and managed to facebook close a chick who was leaving tomorrow, but my internet stopped working. I'll go check out your club recommendations tomorrow .

That worked out as I expected. You are welcome [Image: smile.gif]

What type of openers are you using Vinny? I'm using indirect openers so far because I don't want the girls to think I'm a sex tourist. I've approached several targets so far, and the interactions seem good and they are polite, smiling, evening laughing but as soon as I ask to hang out they refuse. Also I've noticed chicks are always in a hurry here. I would open a chick and within 5 minutes she would tell me she has to go or targets would always be walking super quick. Before I would have a chance to even approach she would vanish. I haven't had any luck so far with daygame, not a single number!

Quote: (10-25-2016 05:37 PM)destiny Wrote:  

What type of openers are you using Vinny? I'm using indirect openers so far because I don't want the girls to think I'm a sex tourist. I've approached several targets so far, and the interactions seem good and they are polite, smiling, evening laughing but as soon as I ask to hang out they refuse. Also I've noticed chicks are always in a hurry here. I would open a chick and within 5 minutes she would tell me she has to go or targets would always be walking super quick. Before I would have a chance to even approach she would vanish. I haven't had any luck so far with daygame, not a single number!

I prefer indirect direct. I explain it here thread-58891...pid1426833

Riga is not easy. Keep on the grind. Approach more. What I definitely noticed is that the girls who look totally pissed and unapproachable are in reality the ones to give you the warmest response. The change in face is impressive, I wish I could film it on camera.

How is Riga expensive? I don't get it.

I stayed in Riga 6 months. I also lived in (around) Copenhagen, Tallinn, Vilnius, Warsaw and so on. I rented an apt for 460 Euro in center with utilities with garage in Riga. That included electricity, gas, water etc.

Gas for cars was 1.02 a liter in September, I don't think I've seen anything cheaper than that.

You go to Rimi, you buy a great wine for 5 euro and I was getting same Chianti wine for around 9 euro's in Italy.

I think it's one of the cheapest country in Europe. If you know any cheaper country than this, let me know please [Image: smile.gif]

Quote: (10-25-2016 06:24 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

Quote: (10-25-2016 05:37 PM)destiny Wrote:  

I prefer indirect direct. I explain it here thread-58891...pid1426833

Riga is not easy. Keep on the grind. Approach more. What I definitely noticed is that the girls who look totally pissed and unapproachable are in reality the ones to give you the warmest response. The change in face is impressive, I wish I could film it on camera.

Thanks, I'll give it another go.

Quote: (10-25-2016 08:55 PM)MCMV Wrote:  

How is Riga expensive? I don't get it.

I stayed in Riga 6 months. I also lived in (around) Copenhagen, Tallinn, Vilnius, Warsaw and so on. I rented an apt for 460 Euro in center with utilities with garage in Riga. That included electricity, gas, water etc.

Gas for cars was 1.02 a liter in September, I don't think I've seen anything cheaper than that.

You go to Rimi, you buy a great wine for 5 euro and I was getting same Chianti wine for around 9 euro's in Italy.

I think it's one of the cheapest country in Europe. If you know any cheaper country than this, let me know please [Image: smile.gif]

Depends what you compare with. I compare with Ukraine which is my favorite place in Europe. I can get 2 times more girls while spending 2 times less money there in comparison with Riga.

If you compare to Denmark, of course it is cheaper. But the wages in Denmark are 10 times higher. So pricing in Riga is far from reasonable.

Quote: (10-08-2016 03:45 PM)Vinny Wrote:  

Introduction:

Relationship oriented. If you see a girl HB 7 or higher it is almost certain that she has a boyfriend.

Need help with the slang:

"HB"?

Thanks.

Quote: (11-06-2016 02:43 PM)Diddylisch Wrote:  

Need help with the slang:

"HB"?

Hot Babe