rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What's the worst job you've ever had?

Which job would you never do again?

Telemarketing would be my first choice. Serving tables a close second.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Working in a factory hanging stuff on a line. Dirty, dangerous, $9/hour Canadian in 2002. Summer job, lasted a couple of weeks.

Close second: Car rental desk jockey. Made around $38K in a year, which wasn't bad for a 22 year old around 10 years ago, but the amount of abuse and bullshit I dealt with was insane. I don't regret it though, total learning experience and met a couple of awesome people.

The one and only job I had where I wasn't working for myself...

They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety- Benjamin Franklin, as if you didn't know...

Security Officer

Standing next to a set of escalators for 12 hours a day doing 4 days on 4 days off.

The money was great but my brain slowly started to turn to mash.

No headphones / no people around + no TV in sight made it the only job I lasted under a month in.

“It is far better for a man to go wrong in freedom than to go right in chains.” Thomas Henry Huxley

The Drum & Bass Music Thread
The Dubstep Music Thread

I've had many jobs that I hated at the time but when I look back on them, I realize they had many positive qualities.

One of my surprisingly favorite jobs was office temp. Sounds terrible but I liked it. In and out before the office politics shit hits the fan.

Shilling online for Correct the Record. The pay is shit and my testosterone has never been lower, but I've got to put my wife's son through school somehow, right?

Seriously though, probably maintenance/make-ready work at government subsidized apartments for $8/hour. Dealt with the shittiest people imaginable.

In high school I worked on a farm, part of the job was tending two chicken houses. It's hot, dark, dusty, and the ammonia smell sticks on you. Each house had 16k+ birds. I would walk through the house and make sure the water, feed and monitoring systems were working. I also picked up the dead chickens, one a typical day that's 10 birds/house. However in the summer heat with fully grown birds hundreds can die, if you missed a dead bird the day before it gets really bad, they start decomposing quickly. I've never really liked chicken since then.

^ Damn, that sounds brutal. I wonder how often people get seriously ill doing that.

"Does PUA say that I just need to get to f-close base first here and some weird chemicals will be released in her brain to make her a better person?"
-Wonitis

Grocery clerk. The very first week they were preparing the inventory audit report. They had me hours counting Vaginesil tubes (a cream to cure vaginal infections) and tampons boxes. I still have nightmares.

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

1) Grocery cashier
2)Moving Furniture, day labor
3)Mental health counselor at a Men's Shelter(Filth, TB, and shit pay-Masters degree required)
4)Document Review(absolute bottom of the legal barrel,where dreams go to die-JD required)

Delicious Tacos is the voice of my generation....

Valet for half a summer once.

Aside from driving some cool ass cars the job really sucked. Pay sucked. It was a lot of running, sweating. Supervisors took a huge chunk out of the nightly tips (which were pooled) so the guys at the bottom ended up with around $8-10/hr, while they were making over double. Aside from a couple really big events you couldn't make any cash, as it wasn't a system that allowed you to profit based on your own skills or service. Unless you were dishonest with turning in your tips... not worth the time.

Worked in an entry level data entry type internship job once too. Would never do that again, unbelievably tedious and boring.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (10-04-2016 12:02 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

Which job would you never do again?

Telemarketing would be my first choice. Serving tables a close second.

I second Telemarketing. If today there was a remake of Chaplin's "Modern Times" instead of his character going out of the factory doing the gesture of thightening nuts with a screwdriver, nowadays character would leave an open space office and would fire the telemarketing script to anyone he interacts with.

Quote: (10-04-2016 12:48 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Aside from driving some cool ass cars the job really sucked. Pay sucked. It was a lot of running, sweating. Supervisors took a huge chunk out of the nightly tips (which were pooled) so the guys at the bottom ended up with around $8-10/hr, while they were making over double. Aside from a couple really big events you couldn't make any cash, as it wasn't a system that allowed you to profit based on your own skills or service. Unless you were dishonest with turning in your tips... not worth the time.

Worked in an entry level data entry type internship job once too. Would never do that again, unbelievably tedious and boring.

I did valet for a summer as well, the only times it was legit was when we did private parties in super rich areas. The hotel contracts sucked. Lots of running (while wearing a tie, in the heat). I did get to drive a Maserati and a few Rolls though. An idiot friend of mine didn't know how to drive stick (No idea how he got hired) and one day he came running over to me to take a car as it was slowing rolling down a hill. [Image: tard.gif]

-Wonitis

I had a bunch in my younger days. Grocery stores, dish washing, things like that.

I was a bartender for four months, and that one really sticks out.

It was a really busy college type place and all the drinks had to be on the menu or we couldn't make it. That's how I got the job with no experience. It was just shocking how rude people were to me. It was also shocking how, with the drink menu clearly showing the prices, once I saw someone was drunk I just would keep the change, and they never said a word.

Maybe you guys will think this is funny. The night I got fired, this guy comes up and orders a beer and a jack and coke. It comes to $8.25.

I had been making eyes with this little white girl, who kept coming and going. We were giving each other little waves and whatnot.

The guy gives me a ten and says " just keep the change, but make it strong, its for a girl, you know what I mean?"

So I responded "Got it, you want me to put some ludes in it?" The guy just looked confused. I really didn't know what ludes were.

He walked over and gave the drink to the girl I had been making eyes with and handed it to her. She and I kept looking at each other while he was trying to talk. He was looking annoyed. I saw him take the drink from her, and they both gave me the evil eyes and they walked away.

The night went on, about an hour later, the manager and two St. Louis detectives and two uniformed cops walk up and say I need to come with them. The St. Louis police are a little rough if you are a brown person. It took about a half hour of shirt pulling shoving and spitting in my face for me to get the point across that it was a joke.

Turns out, the guy that asked me to make the strong drink called the cops. The fucked up part, and my argument, was if I said what I said, why would he let her drink half of the damn thing. He was jealous that's why.

Aloha!

Quote: (10-04-2016 12:59 PM)Red_Pillage Wrote:  

[quote='Gmac' pid='1408910' dateline='1475603307']

Aside from driving some cool ass cars the job really sucked. Pay sucked. It was a lot of running, sweating. Supervisors took a huge chunk out of the nightly tips (which were pooled) so the guys at the bottom ended up with around $8-10/hr, hired) and one day he came running over to me to take a car as it was slowing rolling down a hill. [Image: tard.gif]

Did you ever take the risk to pick up a hot girl in the streets in the dead time of the event?

With God's help, I'll conquer this terrible affliction.

By way of deception, thou shalt game women.

Diaboli virtus in lumbar est -The Devil's virtue is in his loins.

Security in a couple of high rise buildings. This differed from security at say, a construction site where you sit on your ass for ten hours while playing on your cell phone--or bring your laptop and start a novel. No, security in high rise buildings required you to wear a cheap suit that they provided, perform customer service for a wide variety of people you didn't care to interact with, do a shitload of unnecessary busy work, and write incident reports on the most mundane of things, such as a person somehow missing the toilet and laying a turd on the bathroom floor. After this happened a couple of times with the same person doing the shitting, we started adding several close up pictures of the turd to the reports for property management to enjoy.

The politics and backstabbing were also awful. I got written up for breaking policy--one I had seen my manager and other employees break numerous times--during a holiday weekend when nobody was at the building. But of course my coworker who hated me got bored and decided to review film (for whatever reason) after he relieved me. He then ratted me out to management. This coworker grew up and still lived with his single mother and sister. Take that as you will.

I did, however, fuck a couple of cute females from my buildings, so it wasn't all bad. And when I quit, it was over email two days before my next shift.

I've been a cashier for three years and I would never go back to it. I met a few good people, but also some very snobby customers who talked down to me and were just very self-centered and rude for no good reason.

I didn't have to work weekends until last year, when I was forced to, and I did not enjoy it one bit. There were only 15 minute breaks and sometimes very long lines with very few cashiers.

And my most recent job, as an entry level "salesman", turned out to be a huge scam.

Picking up bodies for a funeral home. Great pay but had to be on call for the whole work week since death could give 2 fucks about my social life.

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Telemarketing. Had a job cold calling people on craigslist to put their vehicle on ebay for $500. It went as expected.

My first job was door to door canvassing. Soul destroying!

Even so I took some positives from the experience.

Worked at a Cold Stone Creamery. Owners became massive pricks and the managerial staff were all cunty woman.
After that experience I vowed never to work in food service again.

Best part time jobs were retail at Sears and then hotel front desk clerk for a Sheraton. We had this shitty cintas suit we had to wear as a uniform, but I was able to bend the rules by wearing my own suits and cool ties.

Being the S3A for an Army battalion.

Not only are you at the nerve center for every stupid piece of paperwork that has to be filed, but I was stuck between the single most toxic leader I've ever seen in the military (think Bill Lumbergh except fat, even more passive aggressive, with an atrocious short term memory), a gaggle of hassled unit commanders, a toxic NCO corps that consisted of 1SGs who had embezzled funds to build themselves fancier living quarters overseas(and got away with that and worse by being masons), and a brutal work schedule that had me going literally for weeks without seeing sunlight outside of my lunch break.

People bitch about their white collar job being bad, or having terrible hours......still sounds nice compared to that hellhole.

Dishwasher in a busy restaurant that served greasy, cheesy, sticky American food. The dishwashing machine wasn't strong enough to get off all the food, so me and the other washer would have to scrub most of the plates by hand, and they never stopped coming. We could barely keep up. It was just scraping greasy crud all night long as fast as we could, with barely a break to go to the bathroom. Then, before we headed home, we had to clean the greasy kitchen. The waitresses treated us like peons.

Getting home I was exhausted, covered in greasy residue, and frazzled. Best incentive I ever had to do well in college.

Tough call.

A shitty job with good bosses and co workers is hella easy compared to cool job with shitty co workers and bosses.

When I was 15 I worked for a winter washing dishes at a truck stop. It was in oil country in northern Alberta. Shit job of course, but fuck the people were amazing. All the staff- kitchen guys were animals, waitresses were insane and the customers were burly biker looking fucks. But everyone was friendly and cool. What a nightmare in the dish pit though. Hot, humid, sticky, greasy and smelly.

I have a lot of these types of jobs. I started working when I was 13 hauling sod and dirt and worked a shit load of oil industry/industrial type jobs living in my hellhole oil town up north.

Amusement park ride operator. (read: I was the guy who would make sure people were strapped in, and push the button to start the rollercoaster or something similar)

9 hour days, 6.20/hour, half a days paycheck would go into my cars gas tank, two ten minute breaks per day. At first it was 6 days on/3days off, but at some point it was 8 days on/1 day off...

Nevermore. Got kicked out of a band thanks to that bullshit.

Lasted one summer there. As soon as it was over, I went to the local unemployment office demanding something "more adult orientated work". Got a job at a local womens shoe manufacturer, paycheck tripled, decent hours and my commute was cut by more than half.

Not a great improvement, but still...

“As long as you are going to be thinking anyway, think big.” - Donald J. Trump

"I don't get all the women I want, I get all the women who want me." - David Lee Roth