rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Zurich, Switzerland

Zurich, Switzerland

Gentlemen, what's to know about this place besides the absurd cost of living? I'm spending a few weeks there soon, and I'd appreciate both general information about the women and specifics on quality venues.

My own data sheet will, of course, promptly follow.

Cheers

Zurich, Switzerland

I don't think it's famous for attracting players. I've only been once, this was several years when I had to change a flight there and had a stayover. I walked around the city for a few hours, it seemed dead after 8pm.

Zurich, Switzerland

I have been to Zurich recently, but only for business reasons.

So I can only tell you about the quality of girls you see on the street, not about nightlife venues.

The quality of girls (concerning looks) is slightly better than in Germany, so it is nothing special, but still better than countries like Spain or Portugal with all their fuglies.

Swiss people are a bit calm and reserved. If I would game there (which I have not done), I would try not to get over as a too horny/aggressive guy. Many Swiss dont like Germans for example for being to dominant and straight-forward.

By the way I have heard that there are some really good players in Switzerland. Dont underestimate them, just because they are not as aggressive as - for instance - Brazilian guys.

Zurich, Switzerland

I went this summer for a few days so my info is fairly up to date.

Zuerich is ridiculously expensive. Especially now that CHF is strong against EUR and USD. I have decent cash flow but did not feel I was getting very good value there; and I was watching my spend when going out.

Girls take good care of themselves, remind me of German girls in many respects, but definitely more unassuming. The Swiss girls I know are good, polite and a bit reserved. Feminine and attractive. They range from natural blondes to mediterranean French/Italian features.

Zuerich appears dead during the week. Didn't go out on weekdays. My impression is that on weekdays (Sunday-Wednesday) there is usually one venue where there's something going on but you won't have a lot to choose from. On weekends nightlife goes on till late, with the last places closing up at 5am. Locals pregame at home and head out at midnight.

Not sure where would be good for daygame. One option could be Rote Fabrik slightly outside the centre. It's a cultural centre in an old industrial space by the lake. Has a bar, cafe, people working on their laptops or playing backgammon. It's about a 10 minute bus ride from the Bellevue bus terminal. Otherwise the high end shops on Bahnhofstrasse attract a steady stream of talent.

Here we go, Caligula's breakdown of Zuerich nightlife

Zukunft - My favourite in Zuerich. Very cool two-floor venue in the red light district. There's a bar and dancefloor in the basement and a lower key bar upstairs. I was even approached by a girl there and got almost entirely positive responses to my approaches. Very good vibe apart from some rowdy drunks who spilled my drink. Had great approaches there and was only defeated by poor logistics in the end. Hard techno downstairs and mellower music upstairs (hiphop) means you can switch between them. You are allowed to smoke anywhere inside the place. Ratio started off very good and got very poor towards the end of the night. Costs 20 CHF to get in; beer is about 6 CHF and cocktails 10 CHF.

Kaufleuten - MASSIVE electro club. Position yourself just inside near the main entrance. Here you can catch the passing traffic and rack up tons of approaches. My hit rate was lower here as some of the hot girls were extremely bitchy and quick to shoot me down. The crowd is peroxide fake tan bombshells, high school girls and hipster/fashion girls. Some of the girls I spoke to there complained of the 'stuck up' crowd but it suited me fine apart from the heightened bitchiness. The guys are guido types or yuppies; a lot of them have a very Italian look going on. They have a strict door policy (which also means they keep a decent girl/guy ratio), but I believe it's possible to get in without guest list. Better check ahead before heading over there.

It has an indoor smoking area. Has a great VIP on the top floor with a less crowded bar and a view of the main dance floor. It's a great venue to isolate or switch places in since it's so big, you can wander around for quite a while without getting bored. There's also a sofa area by the entrance where the music is lower key and you can approach or have conversations. I just sat on the sofa for half an hour and hollered at the passing talent. This place is pricy, with bottled beer going for 12 CHF and the cover at the door is 20 CHF.

Stald 6 - Cool club in converted stables. There's a long bar and a big dancefloor inside. Hipster heavy crowd, good ratio and fun music on Saturdays (Balkan night). It's 20 CHF to get in on weekends and drinks. Friendly crowd, lots of dancing, big groups of people outside at the back and at the front smoking. Not that big a venue. Ratio was a bit too cock heavy for my liking, but I'm sure it can be fun.

Long Street - low key bar on Langstrasse that gets rowdy late at night. Didn't get up to much in there, but seemed like a cool place. The Red Light District around Langstrasse seems like a good place to bar hop, though there are a lot of strip joints and seedy pubs that you'll want to avoid unless you're in the market for a 50 year old ex-streetwalker. Prostitution is legal there so the area isn't too shady, though I'd use caution if there alone late at night as there are some odd characters about. There are also a bunch of hipster heavy places there.

On Langstrasse there are some good kebab joints if you need a late night snack.

Cafe Odeon - Bohemian spot with friendly crowd. Great date venue in the evening. Also good place to start off a night in civilised surroundings. Open till 4am on weekends.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Zurich, Switzerland

Sweet, thanks for all the info guys -- in particular Caligula for the detailed breakdown. I'll be sure to put it to good use.

Zurich, Switzerland

Bring lots of money, I did a stop over there and paid 19 CHF for a espresso/croissant in the airport. Funny thing people seemed very friendly in the airport and I even had a few girls say hello to me first.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Zurich, Switzerland

Nightgame
Clubs wise, Monday the Palais X-tra was good, there were some places along Langstraße (e.g. Longstreet which played electronic music), and I went often to the student parties at ETH. Another place I could recommend is Lady Hamilton’s (Nelson is just next to it), close to the main train station. In summer “Seebad Enge” was nice, also “Rote Fabrik”.

My experience.
Ok, this is difficult because it is already some years ago. I stayed there for several months. I had little game back then, but I think it is fair to say that Zurich was very hard terrain, also when taking into account the results my friends got; maybe the most difficult place I have ever experienced to pick up girls. Furthermore I should say, I mainly went to student parties, but I doubt that other venues would have been easier (in general, even though the city is small, a lot is going on!). Girls look good, they are very good dressed, but they are so correct! They just don’t get crazy during parties. People sometimes got scared when I just asked them for the time during the day! To call someone a “friend” you must know each other for years, I am not exaggerating! Furthermore, the weather was depressing; it was cloudy, grey and cold 5 months a year. One of my few success stories was a sexy girl with nice and huge fake tits, which I met through a work colleague, that wanted to meet me afterwards and we had sex that night. When I called her the next day and sent her a SMS a week later inviting her to my farewell party, she sent me an A4 page long email stating how I shouldn’t be disappointed but she is not looking for a relationship. WTF! Neither did I! Also a girl that I knew for quite a while, when she broke up with her boyfriend she quite blatantly stated (without ever having kissed her before): Let’s go to my place. She also felt the urge to tell me the next day how this was a one night thing. (And no, I don’t think she told me due to disappointing sex, it was actually quite good, at least according to her screaming.) That was also my experience in Germany and Austria: sometimes girls want it, and then they go for it. Nice! But still, even though the comparison is not 100% fair because I have never been in Zurich when I had some game, I think Zurich is a very tough terrain for pick up, even when compared to other German speaking areas. (And just as a clarification: of course difficult does not mean impossible. I managed in other difficult cities to have several nice looking girlfriends at the same time. But with effort and game.)

I just posted in the forum my experiences in most of the cities I have been to!

Zurich, Switzerland

As a local it's very interesting to see how others see Zurich!

Quote: (08-08-2011 02:19 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Kaufleuten - MASSIVE electro club. Position yourself just inside near the main entrance. Here you can catch the passing traffic and rack up tons of approaches. My hit rate was lower here as some of the hot girls were extremely bitchy and quick to shoot me down. The crowd is peroxide fake tan bombshells, high school girls and hipster/fashion girls. Some of the girls I spoke to there complained of the 'stuck up' crowd but it suited me fine apart from the heightened bitchiness.

Kaufleuten - and generally fly girls in Zurich - are known to be very bitchy. Glad to get this confirmed by a visitor.

Quote: (02-01-2012 10:53 AM)european_lover Wrote:  

I had little game back then, but I think it is fair to say that Zurich was very hard terrain, also when taking into account the results my friends got; maybe the most difficult place I have ever experienced to pick up girls. Furthermore I should say, I mainly went to student parties, but I doubt that other venues would have been easier (in general, even though the city is small, a lot is going on!).

It can't get any easier than at student parties in Zurich. If you go to the hip clubs the girls will be way less approachable!

... sent her a SMS a week later inviting her to my farewell party, she sent me an A4 page long email stating how I shouldn’t be disappointed but she is not looking for a relationship. WTF! Neither did I! Also a girl that I knew for quite a while, when she broke up with her boyfriend she quite blatantly stated (without ever having kissed her before): Let’s go to my place. She also felt the urge to tell me the next day how this was a one night thing. (And no, I don’t think she told me due to disappointing sex, it was actually quite good, at least according to her screaming.) That was also my experience in Germany and Austria: sometimes girls want it, and then they go for it.

Actually I'm experiencing the exactly opposite of this. The girls I date or swoop usually always want a relationship, I'm having a hard time to find girls for only affairs. I clearly stepped my game recently, but this might also have to do with the kind of girls I'm attracted to or I'm getting to know.

But still, even though the comparison is not 100% fair because I have never been in Zurich when I had some game, I think Zurich is a very tough terrain for pick up, even when compared to other German speaking areas. (And just as a clarification: of course difficult does not mean impossible. I managed in other difficult cities to have several nice looking girlfriends at the same time. But with effort and game.)

As almost everywhere, if you're a foreigner - especially from the states or the UK - you'll have a big advantage over the local guys. Maybe your biggest advantage: The girls know it will only result in a ONS!

Zurich, Switzerland

Nelson is the biggest shithole of a bar. Only the base backpacker bar in Brisbane is worse. Lady Hamilton is not ok, me and my mates pulled from there a few times.

X-tra (on weekends) is underage crowd getting drunk. I think they have an ambulance in front all the time. If you are over 18, stay away (unless it's a concert).

Rote Fabrik has some good events, but never pulled from there. (Should be possible though, missed a few opportunities back in the gameless days)

Kaufleuten, never been my kind of crowd. Some of my mates like it though. Full of wanna-be rich kids (who work at a clothing store during the week).

Alte Boerse was always good, but I think they are closed now.

Indochine used to be our standard spot. Pretty good if you can get into VIP (downstairs), upstairs can get a little crowded at times. Lots of young girls (I have even met a few 16yo's there). Good spot to pull from (I had a very bad streak there though where I could not pull from there at all, but when I broke it and it was all good)

Haven't been home for over a year though, will update this when I am back. If someone is ever in town, hit me up if you want to roll with me and my crew.

Zurich, Switzerland

Glad to see some traffic on Zurich.

I could go into some of the difficulties that will present themselves for pickup in Zurich.

However, in general, if you are a guy from any of the "cool" Anglophone or Latin countries (USA, UK, Canada, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, Spain, Portugal, Brazil) you will have a BIG advantage over anyone else.

The media portrays these countries as being the epitome of all that is cool and trendy and that has rubbed off greatly on the local populace.

If you come from any other country, be ready for a very difficult time.

I'll get into more of this (including the local insular culture) later on this weekend.

Zurich, Switzerland

How would you guys compare to the quality of the talent in Zurich to other cities and countries that you've visited or live in?

Zurich, Switzerland

I might be biased, but definitely better than Australia, New Zealand and Indonesia. At the moment I would add Thailand to that list as well as I have not seen a single stunner in the 2 weeks I've been here. But then I haven't been going out, so let's leave that one open.

Definitely worse than Northern/Eastern Europe though. It's like an average of Europe. Less fat bitches than NZ/Australia in the clubs, but they do exist too...

Zurich, Switzerland

One of the really cool aspects of Zurich are the riverside bathhouses. There are numerous spots along the river that act as lounges/bars, so you can float along down the river, jump onto a little party deck, and chill out for a while, then float again a little further down the river. Very relaxing and fun scene. There were not a lot of single targets available, but if you happen to run into one it's a nice, easy, open atmosphere to get a conversation going.

Also, I've got a good friend living here. He is enjoying himself, but is having a hard time really integrating into Swiss culture. By and large he spends his time with various expats (British, Aussie, American, etc). This, from what I can tell, is a pretty common occurrence and common complaint: the Swiss are a nice people, but breaking into the established social circles can be pretty tough.

Zurich, Switzerland

Quality. That's an interesting point. I've been to media and corporate events where the quality would rival the best of what Northern/Eastern Europe has to offer.

However thats not the deciding point. The main factor is what a single guy would encounter were he to live in Zurich on a consistent basis (3-6 months) and frequent the normal places that most guys goto, and on that count, it falls way short of mega cities such as NYC, LA, Miami, Paris. Obviously we are not talking comparisons with some arbitrary Cowbeltsville in the Mid-west.

The problem with Zurich (and which has been pointed out earlier) is mainly 2 fold:

1) Expensive as fcuk: The city is just 1 level short of Oslo and Tokyo as the most expensive city on earth. When you factor in the number of stunners that you see walking down the road in Oslo, it makes it all the more harder to justify living here.

2) The local girls attitude: They are just completely blanked to the prospect of dating anyone outside their culture (exceptions of course for cool Anglo and Latino countries, but even here, the chances are more for a ONS than a relationship). Add in the fact that they are control freaks and have the personality of a blob, and its not hard to see why gaming here feels more like a chore in hell than a pleasant stroll in the park as in Poland or Estonia.

Zurich, Switzerland

Quote: (03-23-2012 02:14 AM)bface Wrote:  

Indochine used to be our standard spot. Pretty good if you can get into VIP (downstairs), upstairs can get a little crowded at times. Lots of young girls (I have even met a few 16yo's there). Good spot to pull from (I had a very bad streak there though where I could not pull from there at all, but when I broke it and it was all good)
Is Indochine still good? I went there a couple of times when they just had opened many years ago.

Zurich, Switzerland

Zurich, I've been there, if you speak german forget it, they speak a difficult dialect of german that is hard to understand but most of them speak english and some french.

the cost of living is ABSURD, but the city is pretty squeaky cleAN. the girls have typical blond german looks (lots of native germans there for work purposes too).

Try to check out geneva though too

Zurich, Switzerland

Quote: (03-24-2012 01:16 PM)dotbiz Wrote:  

Is Indochine still good? I went there a couple of times when they just had opened many years ago.

Haven't been there in 1.5 years, so I don't know...

Zurich, Switzerland

Quote: (03-23-2012 08:12 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

2) The local girls attitude: They are just completely blanked to the prospect of dating anyone outside their culture (exceptions of course for cool Anglo and Latino countries, but even here, the chances are more for a ONS than a relationship). Add in the fact that they are control freaks and have the personality of a blob, and its not hard to see why gaming here feels more like a chore in hell than a pleasant stroll in the park as in Poland or Estonia.

Swiss girls suck in every possible way. And most of them are ugly. Yes, ugly !

Zurich, Switzerland

Quote: (03-25-2012 06:47 AM)sheesh Wrote:  

Quote: (03-23-2012 08:12 AM)Sirob Wrote:  

according to lilctag (who is no longer posting here) Locarno is a hidden gem in switzerland.

Zurich, Switzerland

LOL. Did you not get laid or something?

Zurich, Switzerland

Quote: (03-26-2012 12:32 AM)bface Wrote:  

bface, almost any city in Germany has better quality than what I've seen in Switzerland...at half the cost...and with more relaxed attitudes.

Zurich, Switzerland

Quote: (03-26-2012 05:32 AM)sheesh Wrote:  

bface, almost any city in Germany has better quality than what I've seen in Switzerland...at half the cost...and with more relaxed attitudes.
I 2nd that! The few times I've been in Germany I always thought how the overall quality of girls is better than in Switzerland. Also they wear their bitch-shield definitely not as high as the Swiss girls.

Zurich, Switzerland

Quote: (03-26-2012 09:06 AM)dotbiz Wrote:  

Quote: (03-26-2012 05:32 AM)sheesh Wrote:  

I 2nd that! The few times I've been in Germany I always thought how the overall quality of girls is better than in Switzerland. Also they wear their bitch-shield definitely not as high as the Swiss girls.

Agreed. There are many good reasons to visit Zurich but getting laid in a cost-effective way is not one of them! In the end people there are more closed than Germans.

Metalhaze, most Swiss Germans will also be able to converse in high German.

Personally, I wouldn't go unless visiting friends or doing business.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Zurich, Switzerland

I've just left Zürich after staying with at a friend's for 2 weeks. My information is limited because I didn't go to clubs very often, it was mostly hanging out with his friends or going to bars.

I liked swiss girls very much, especially when compared to german girls. The shield seemed to me higher in Germany. For me, german girls don't have a "bitch shield", they have a wall, like all germans. It's more about an attitude of being closed and not revealing much about themselves to others than about having sex with you or not. I did a student exchange for 2 months in Neuss, and visited Düsseldorf, Köln, Heidelberg, Stuttgart, München and Berlin, and I felt like I knew the swiss girls I met in this trip more than any of the girls from any of the cities I mentioned. I think the swiss girls' wall might be shorter.

Also, swiss girls seemed more diverse than german. Almost everyone I met there was, tops, the 2nd generation living in the country. They have a very big mix there, much like Brazil, and after being there, I'd have a hard time describing what a typical swiss looks like. I'd say for girls it's fair skin, brown/light brown hair, 1,70m tall, and delicate. Love the immigrants from Eastern Europe!

The girls I met were calm, polite and interesting. Pretty much all of them were stylish and knew how to take care of themselves. My impression of german girls is that they are too machine-like, which doesn't leave place for sexyness and style, something I'd say swiss girls are better at. I don't recollect seeing obese girls, but a few of them can be a little chubby.

Both me and my friend are brazilians, although I wouldn't see we look like it. He looks like he might be from Eastern Europe - I've been told I look mediterranean. Still, girls would make a lot of eye contact. I'd say dressing in a simple, yet rich and stylish way is a good idea. Use some accessories (watch, bracelet, scarf), they like it. Just don't use more than two or three.

According to my friend, girls from Zürich are more barbie-style. His favorite city to game is Luzern, where he said girls were more relaxed and sweet. Can anyone comment on this?

About the language: all swiss people can speak and understand hochdeutsch. I can speak german, which was good to start some talks, but I sometimes got the feeling they prefered to talk to me in english than having to speak regular german, which they seemed to dislike. Or sometimes they'd just speak in swiss. Not because they're assholes, but I'd say it more because they are a little self-conscious about hochdeutsch and swiss just comes out automaticly.

My best recomendation is vague: I went to a party in the middle of the woods, in a park close to the Zoo. Apparently, these parties happen every few weeks. I don't know where to get the information about when they happen, but it seemed to me like young people knew about it.
The entrance is for free. They play electronic music, which I'm not fan of, but it still allowed me to have a great time. Pretty much everyone there is on X, acid, MDMA or something, but unlike other places I've been to, everyone just wants to have a great time and no-one got aggressive or violent. Just go around dancing, having a good time, and gently asking girls for hugs. I met a girl there who I saw a few times and she was great. Also, if you don't like the girls who are there, use the opportunity to make friends. Everyone is really open and you can get some solid contacts to up your social game. Bring some extra tobacco and a lighter for extra points.

Day game works well close to the Opera on weekends. Bring some bread to throw to the ducks, smoke some cigs and talk to girls. It's easy. However...

The greatest "but" in my experience, which my friend reinforced, is that Zürich is really small. Everywhere we'd go, we'd meet someone he knew or who his friends were friends with. Don't expect to go and get all the girls, because everyone knows each other and girls really don't want to be called whores. I'd also avoid PDA and being too aggressive. Roosh's "horny nice guy game" works well. Just be cautious: do not push the envelope, especially on public, because they will reject you if they feel like you're putting their reputation in danger.

Zurich, Switzerland

Can't stand Switzerland in any way for women. Was there a few months back for a week to visit some friends and having just landed from a Northern European country, it was quite the torture for me. Overpriced, women are bitchy and barely put out. Lived there for a LONG period of my life, definitely gets a NEXT from me.