rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trip Health Insurance for visiting the USA (for American Expats)

Note: This question is specific for American Expats who need health insurance for their short trips to the USA.

There are many American Expats on this forum. While it is relatively easy for us to purchase travel insurance for our time outside the US I am having trouble finding insurance that will cover me for a short trip to the USA (couple weeks).

Obamacare has cancelled a previous health insurance policy I had that was only a few hundred dollars a year that provided coverage with a very high deductible. Now that I don't have it anymore I need some type of health insurance to cover me in the event of an emergency since medical care is fuck you expensive in the US. A couple insurance companies I talk to don't offer short term health insurance and my travel insurance company won't cover Americans in America.

Can any guys, who are in this situation, offer advice as to what company they are using to buy short term medical insurance that covers Americans visiting the USA. Thanks

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Hmm...

Do you still maintain a residence in the US?

Since you are overseas most of the year I am assuming..., trying "moving" to a different state, what I mean, maybe you can have a friend who lives in another state and "lets" you live there, premiums change by state depending on state regs. A lot of states have minimum requirements that increase the cost of the cheapest plan.

Medicaid - if your income is overseas, would this count against the income threshold? I dont know the answer but look into it.

Personally, I have been uninsured the last 3 years and have been paying the penalty. It far less then insurance. Considering Im still kinda young, and all my family lives till 90. Also, considering below as well. Its an easier decision for me then maybe for you.

If you had to go to the ER in case of an emergency room. The hospital cannot deny you coverage without insurance. Also, insurance companies can no longer deny coverage for pre-exisiting conditions.

The ER is expensive as fuck, but you should be able to negotiate from what I've seen.

The healthcare system is so fucked up. We've basically created a system where Insurance = health care instead of insurance covering catastrophic loss. Good luck.

I've made a few blog posts about acquiring health insurance during the expatriation process.

masculinexpat.com - see health insurance 3 post series

While it doesn't directly answer your question about getting temporary health coverage in your home country, there is a way to include US coverage in your overall expat health plan.

A few providers like IMG and Cigna Global allow you to tack on optional US coverage (with the same terms / deductibles as the overall plan) for a little extra monthly premiums.

Be aware that some doctors may not accept your plan because it isn't eligible under Obamacare with its minimum essential coverage (MEC) requirement. But you should be able to find some clinics to work with you. Plus ERs, as mentioned, cannot deny you emergency care and you should be able to get your plan to cover such emergencies.