rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Capital or smaller cities?

Hello,

Last time I was travelling, I went to Prague after seeing 2nd tier cities in CR. So it was a shock the amount and the attitude of tourists was sickening to me. Same for people taking advantage of them, czech people who were so nice and friendly in smaller cities were kind of jaded and sad there.

This time, I avoided the capital (Stockholm) and only went to 2nd tier cities. Now I realized I might have gone too far after this bad experience in Prague.

I think Roosh is right: to see the capital first and then smaller cities makes sense. It allows also to get used to the country and it's where you land most of the time, duh. The other way around it can be quite a shock and you might feel like "getting out of there fast" if it's overwhelming with people (think London, which I liked but it's a crazy place).

Now, what I thought also with bigger cities is that it takes more time to find the cool places. It's not unusual to see on the forum somebody leaving a city (Warsaw, etc.) and having had the same experience as I did.

So there is a way of getting around in bigger cities, which I might be not familiar with. In my opinion, for a first tour of recognition of the country it's good to take 3-4 days for the capital to get used to it, 2-3 days for a 2nd tier.

What is your strategy regarding places and the optimal way to both discover a country and get your flag?

Capital? 2nd tier? 3rd tier?

I think I might had limiting beliefs regarding capital cities having grown up in a smaller city and coming from a small country. I lived a year in Boston and 3 months in Paris, though.

What is your experience regarding travelling, meeting women and the size of the place?

For both Peru & Ukraine, the capital is the best overall choice (for romance, not quality of life).

Discovering a country requires multiple cities; but flags are best gotten in the capital, it's larger size and sprawl means the hunting grounds are larger, with more game.

The capital is almost always the best to score in. Regardless of the number of tourists and foreigners. Capitals just have so many people in them and they're more rushed, which increases the sex speed and allows you to cast a wider net more easily.

For instance, I'd say that when I was in Tokyo, there was a large number of foreigners, and I remember one incident where Mr Model Good Looks Blondie was in a venue, and it was a waste of time even trying there because they all just wanted to talk to him and no-one else. Nevertheless, my scoring rate was way higher there than anywhere else, simply because there was so many women, who were all so rushed, and a way higher percentage spoke English. As long as you had the energy to keep throwing out the net, you always caught something and the fish didn't put up much of a fight.

Quote: (09-13-2016 06:26 AM)Amerok Wrote:  

So there is a way of getting around in bigger cities, which I might be not familiar with.

I do the following, anywhere new... where I will be awhile.

Spend some time with Google street view. I have gone to many cities, for the very
first time, and I kinda "know my way around." before even getting there.

Get to recognize the landmarks... the street names... at least the city centers.
The longer I will be somewhere, the more time I spend "researching" my new
surroundings.

Read datasheets. Find the pedestrian areas. Then you have a fighting chance.
Especially good if you are going solo. Make sure to ask directions from EVERY looker
you see...

Have fun!!

Small citcies are easier to score.

In capital, the competition is higher, males are more rich ,have nice jobs ,dress well .... girls have many options
In small citcies guys dont ven pick up or just few of them, girls are bored nothing to do, so sex is a good divertissement for them.

All of what you guys say makes sense, thanks for the answers. I guess I'll also have to invest time in capitals like I did in tier 2 cities to make my own opinion: Copenhagen is the next on the list.

So now the question is: does it matter more on the person or on the city?

Maybe people who are more at ease in larger cities were born or raised in large cities and vice-versa. At the same time, Phoenix you seem to have a lot of experience, which tips the balance in the favor of capitals for getting the flag.

Sometimes I feel estranged in large cities like there is a fight going on, a tension in the air. In smaller cities I feel at home very fast.

It really depends..

Warsaw is a capital but it's significantly worse than smaller towns in Poland in my experience.

Toronto isn't a "capital" but it might as well be, it sucks for women (and everything).

I've always had MUCH better luck in the small towns. Think about it... those girls know every dude in town and are tired of them, and then they see a new guy show up? You're immediately intriguing.

Warsaw does suck compared to the rest of Poland

Yes, it could depend on individual features of the capital city.

As a generalization, I view it as BrewDog. Women in big cities have had hordes of tourists every season trying to have sex with local girls since they are 14 years old. They know the spiel and are more cautious. That is my perception.

On the other hand, I do think that casual sex is more often the norm in larger cities than smaller ones, in general. And I think in big cities as a tourist we are better off in parts of the city where only locals go. Which would bring back the small city effect in the big city.

And also, the language. In Sweden everybody speaks English. In other countries, going to smaller cities might be a problem for the language.

I agree, Toronto sucks big time. Montreal wins.

These posts:

Not all second tier cities are created equal

The Benefits Of Living In Second-Tier International Cities

The First Foreigner Effect