rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

"inspirational" empty words of religious woman leader

"inspirational" empty words of religious woman leader

Found this on my LI threads, and thought I'll take a shot at it:

She is talking about the radicalization of the country.

Quote:Quote:

As women, as women religious leaders, we have a role to play in stopping this from happening. As mothers, sisters, spouses, teachers and care-givers, we are closest to our children. As leaders, we are trusted. We can influence their decision-making if we start addressing the risks at an early age.

All true, and yet nothing is there.
Yes. mothers are closest to their children. Are they leaders?
Not that I know of.
Has anyone been to Mali and knows of "women trusted leaders"?
[Image: undecided.gif]

Muslim women [in Mali] often think of themselves as ‘stay-at-home-women’. Traditions created by men have led to the belief that women are somehow inferior to men. This is not what the Quran teaches. As a religious woman leader, I am able to talk to other women, help them understand that they have equal rights.
Even if traditions were created by men (and women were not part of it) it held up over centuries for a reason, right?
From my (very limited) understanding of the Quran - there are (now) 2 basic school of thoughts:
Conservatives - Men and women have different roles and responsibilities, which means that the Sharia should be upheld as is.
Liberals - Times have changed and the Sharia needs to adapt itself to today. Also there are "hints" at "equality" in the Quran.

So the Quran teaches whatever one wants to find in it, according to one's view. Sounds familiar?

It’s not easy being a woman religious leader. Women of faith are expected to stay behind, instead of standing beside men. Men of faith often act as men first, to preserve their manly interests.
So - men are opportunistist. What does that make you?
And standing besides does not mean leading.
I did not hear the "evil patriarchy" meme so far. The editors have been sloppy.

As women of faith, as leaders, we must persevere and advocate for our rights. We must make our voices heard, hone our leadership skills, and insist upon our economic empowerment.
Translation: I want someone to give me rights. I want to debate, not to take action.
"voice heard", "honing" and "insisting" are not actions - voicing is not action.
This is not a call to action but a call to "whining".

There’s a saying in my country, “empty bag doesn’t stand”. We can influence our youth and our nation, but not when we are poor and in weak positions.
It is partially hilarious - she thinks that "hot air" is enough to make a bag stands.

Here is a thought - why not call to action?
Tell women what to do, if they want "empowerment". Power is taken, not asked for.

PS
[Image: attentionwhore.gif]
I estimate that probably no one in Mali reads this (internet penetration in Mali is only 12.2% in 2016)- so it an ego boost for her on an international scale.

"I love a fulfilling and sexual relationship. That is why I make the effort to have many of those" - TheMaleBrain
"Now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb." - Spaceballs
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine" - Obi-Wan Kenobi