rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Jasper, Alberta

Jasper, Alberta

Just my thoughts on a place I lived on and off for almost 2 years. I went out EVERY night for one entire season (early June-end of September), the first year I really started to game. I had more sex in those 4 months than I have ever had before or since. 1 new girl a week was normal, and I admit my game was shaky then and is only starting to be decent now. One of the easiest places I've ever been to (20 countries) to get laid.

Jasper Alberta is the STD capital of Canada. Not per capita... period. For a town <1% the size of major cities, that should already tell you a lot about it.

It's population is about 5000, but during the summer, as a prime tourist destination world wide, it sees up to 2 million visitors. Obviously, with such huge demand for workers in the service industry, a lot of young people go there during the summer to work. Picture thousands of girls 18-25 in a one block radius, with NOTHING to do but drink, and NOTHING to spend money on but booze, all alone for the first time in their lives. oh, and they are all working shitty jobs (90% housekeeping), so if you are traveling there, huge DHV. If you get a decent job there: bartender, working in Parks Canada, huge plus.

Drinking age is 18. You'll meet a lot of young girls from other provinces that have 19+ as the drinking age drinking for the first time in clubs.

Age of consent is 16.

Pot is common, cheap, and of high quality (from BC). A lot of Canadian girls smoke pot. Harder drugs are scare, aside from maybe E. I didn't really look, so I'm not 100% sure.

Nightlife: 2 clubs and 20+ bars in a 2 block radius. Jasper is basically only 2 streets, Patricia and Connaught Street. Within less than a minute walk of each other are the two nightclubs, Pete's Nightclub, and the Athabasca Nightclub (locals call it the "B.") Very close by (less than a block) are a few bars where you can pregame before the clubs get busy (around 11).

-The "B" has 2 parts, the nightclub area that opens up at night and an attached bar with pool tables. It's easier to get booze from the bar side. There's an area in the nightclub with tables and booths, maybe about 10 total. The dance floor is pretty large, all one section. The girl's bathroom is by the dance floor in the club, the guy's is between the two sections.

-Pete's is on the second floor of an area of shops. It's a lot smaller than the B. If I remember correctly there's like 4 booths and maybe 5 tables. The rest is basically a dance floor right near the bar. One section. Both bathroom's are by the booths, away from the dance floor and the bar.

-Get to know the staff. In the whole time I was there, there were only 3 bartenders at Pete's, 2 at a time. The B had 4 bouncers total I think, all summer.

Most popular spots:
Wednesday: Karaoke Night at Champs Sports Lounge
Thursday: Ladies Night at Pete's Nightclub
Friday: Either club
Saturday: Either Club
Sunday: the "best" night. Sin Sunday at the Athabasca Nightclub.

Logistics: -There's basically only one late night place to eat, a pizza place right near both clubs.

-The entire town is really small. You can walk from one end to the other in 30 minutes. You can walk from the most common places to stay to the center of downtown and all the clubs, in 5 minutes. This is a BIG plus, as I'm sure you know.

-The majority of workers will live in a place called Cavell, an apartment complex that houses a LOT of people. You need to be working in Jasper to get a place there. They are mostly 1-2 bedroom, 1-2 people apartments, very small, very basic. Communal laundry. It's only 10 minutes walking distance from downtown (nightclubs). I spent more weekend nights there than my place!

-Even though everything is close, there's 2 taxi companies that always hang out right outside the nightclubs, There's really no where else for them to be at all. They charge a set 5$ to bring you anywhere.

-If you get to know some locals, there's always a house party within 5-10 minutes walk.

Stuff to do during the day: It's a tourist destination, mainly for the wildlife / nature aspect. Supposed be one of the best views in the world (it's a small valley surrounded by mountains.) Lots of hiking, kayaking, canoeing, etc. Outdoor stuff. I didn't do any of it, even though it's pretty much the only reason people go there. I can't help you here.

Stuff to note: -the "locals" have a very strict us vs them mentality when it comes to tourists. Obviously they love the money they bring in but they see them as invading their small and quiet town. In the summer, it's VERY VERY busy. Like a 1 hour line to buy milk. There's 2 grocery stores, and they often run out of basic stuff like milk and bread. Seriously. If you can get "in" with the locals, meeting all their friends becomes very easy. If you are working in jasper, you count as one of locals. Sort of.

-The prices are very high in the summer.

-Accommodation is almost impossible if you are not working, or not willing to spend a lot of money (100+ per night) for shitty room. When I was looking for an apartment, I saw the owners putting up an ad for a place on the communal wall near the grocery store where people advertise things. I called as soon as I got home (10 minutes). 11 people had already called.

-Crime is very low. Locals don't lock their doors, on average.

-A lot of the tourists are Japanese. The rest will be from the States, or England / Germany / France.

-There's almost no black people here. One local was called "black dave" because he was pretty much the only black guy in town.

I know I've missed stuff, so if anyone thinks up of a questions, don't hesitate to ask.

GL and be sure to wrap up.

Jasper, Alberta

Wow...I need to get up there right now since I am at near the border of Canada in Winnipeg this entire month of August!

+1 for coming out with cool intel on a place most of us here have never even heard of.

How does Jasper compare to Regina? (if you've been there) Deebow, from Winnipeg, mentions that it is so incredibly easy to get laid in Regina that is just embarrassing to even game there.

Not having access to a hotel as you mentioned is going to be a pain the ass, it may throw a monkey wrench on things as I am not paying top $$$ for a shithole.

BlackQuixote, if you wanna hit this place instead of Winnipeg, let me know and I'll go with you (if we can find decent lodging). I'm up here in ND until August 31st.

Mixx

Jasper, Alberta

Nice write-up. Jasper is a sneaky spot, but I still think Banff is a better spot for tail. Unless it has changed recently, Banff has always been known as the STD capital of Canada. Personally, I would recommend Grand Prairie if you are in this neck of the woods. As I remember, Grand Prairie has more bars and more girls. If you are a new in town, you get a lot of attention.

Mixx, Regina is like a smaller, less diverse, more boring 'Winnipeg' while Jasper is more like a resort town. I would definitely put Winnipeg ahead of Regina. Like Winnipeg, it's easy but might be difficult to get into the 'flow'. Not sure if I'd recommend it, bro.

Jasper, Alberta

Woot! I'm game for anything Mixx. When I'm up there I won't realy have set plans for those day so whatever goes.

Jasper, Alberta

In Jasper for tonight. Any spots popping on a tues night?

Jasper, Alberta

Passed through last year, stopped for a break and walked around for an hour..
I noticed everyone was going here. Looked like a club (I think it might be the Athabasca, "the b", Jaz wrote about??), the girls going in/out were amazing. I didn't go in because I there was a cover and I was passing through. Worth checking out, I'm going there next time I'm in Jasper.
There's a Mac's convenience store that seems to be a hub for everyone, grab a coffee and stand outside, I chatted up some girls there saying "you look like you're from *insert random country*" doesn't matter where you guess they're from, they'll confirm or deny and you're talking.
Have fun in Jasper. Is the town busy right now or is it still early for rockies tourist season?

Jasper, Alberta

I noticed some hotties earlier in the day, but I couldn't find any after 6(maybe because of their shift ending). Maybe because of the weater, its been cloudy and rainy.

I didn't see any at Mac's convenience store either.
Its been raining today evening, I might go out and check out the nightlife if it dries up. I don't expect much on a Tuesday night though, it would have been a good idea to stay here a couple more nights.

Its a beautiful location though, went driving today and the landscape looked gorgeous in the mist.