rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Status vs Fame, Which of the 2 is most important?

Fame - the state of being known by many people.

Status - the position of an individual in relation to another or others, especially in regard to social or professional standing

Which is more important to women and society at large?

Is it necessary to be famous to have high status or can you have high status regardless of fame?

Most important in what context? If it's just about straight up notch count, than god-tier fame probably trumps everything, no question.

But most people can't cope with the reality of that level and burn themselves out. See any number of deceased rock stars for an example, take your pick. For my part, I wouldn't want to bother with it. If I could live the rest of my life in a modest apartment with a small circle of reliable friends, work on the things I feel are important, and use some magic online dating service to meet up privately with a new 6+ every month or two where we hit it off and I fuck her brains out until I was in my 60s, perhaps with a LTR or two lasting many years with a few solid women in there somewhere, I would die a content and happy man.

I try not to spend a lot of time thinking about what is important to women at large, or society at large. They have their own needs which aren't necessarily aligned with mine. I feel the best I can hope for is work towards the things I feel are important, and since those things aren't the endless consumption of material goods or seeking shallow, probably undeserved, and ultimately fleeting recognition and "status", I guess the best I can hope for is that a few women, and a few members of society, feel what I do is valuable. That's okay.

You don't need to be famous to have status. Your local bartender, club promoter, city official, the "cool guy" in your social circle has status but they are not famous.

For getting girls:

Status is important locally. Fame is important internationally. A celebrity can fuck a girl anywhere in the world and can often garner respect and admiration anywhere in the world be default, but someone who has no fame and just status can only fuck girls who can see/know the value of said status.

People outside of your city could give a fuck less if guy X is a bartender. People outside of your friends could care less if guy Z is the alpha of your circle. Everyone from Tokyo to NYC knows who Bradd Pitt OS, and most any female would bang him based on that alone.

Quote: (08-17-2016 11:57 PM)General Stalin Wrote:  

People outside of your city could give a fuck less if guy X is a bartender. People outside of your friends could care less if guy Z is the alpha of your circle. Everyone from Tokyo to NYC knows who Bradd Pitt OS, and most any female would bang him based on that alone.

This shows why game will always trump status. At least for those who travel. If you like staying put, status can generate a steady stream of pussy. That's probably the default "game" for most guys.

Game gives you wings. Old mystery method stuff was, when you break it down, a way to generate status on the fly.

Fame normally comes with a bit of status (money). So in terms of getting girls fame all the way.

I don't know what's more important to women regarding those two but I know that what women want and what they choose is two different things. Women choose what they can get. That's good news cause it means you can become the person that they can get without status or fame.

Very few people will ever achieve fame, so it is essentially irrelevant.

Status is attainable. Neil Strauss concluded that Status trumps Game.

Quote: (08-19-2016 03:41 AM)Dantes Wrote:  

Very few people will ever achieve fame, so it is essentially irrelevant.

Status is attainable. Neil Strauss concluded that Status trumps Game.

Tell that to the football player who got catfished.

You still need at least some basic level of it. You might be able to get laid, maybe some gold diggers, but that will be the extent of it.

Fame is just an exaggerated form of status. They are not two separate things. Status could be succinctly defined as the combination of social proof and social power. Fame is just the ultimate manifestation of status that gives the famous person social proof and power across almost every social group in society.

Status (and especially fame) will always top frame for attracting women. Women flock to high status men like moths to a flame. When it comes to maintaining an extended, healthy relationship with a woman, however, frame becomes important. A man with high status but no frame is the stereotypical rich, successful guy who is completely henpecked by his wife, who he considers "out of his league" and "the boss". Or as a lesser example, a good looking guy who works as a bartender at the most popular nightclub in town. He'll have a ton of interest from women, but if he lacks frame the interest on their part will quickly evaporate once they realize he's actually a soft chode at heart.

That being said, a little bit of frame goes a long way. An intermediate level of game knowledge and frame control are all that most men will ever need. There are diminishing returns on frame control once you get a decent level of it. Status, on the other hands, continues to pay increasing dividends as you gain more of it. You can never have too much status. No one's ever said, "Too many people hold me in high esteem and want to be around me. My life sucks." Once you've got the basics covered (i.e. maximizing your appearance, internalizing game concepts, good logistics, etc...) nothing will give you better results with women than increasing your status.

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]