rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

January 2017 SA trip: MV and Punta or BA and Plata?

January 2017 SA trip: MV and Punta or BA and Plata?

Planning an end of year trip with some friends to South America. It will be a small group of early to mid 20's Aussie Gringo's (everyones nightmare i'm sure) with modest budgets that would allows us to splash out if needed. We will have very minimal spanish speaking ability, although i have started fortnightly classes. In addition to any general tips, one of the big questions at the moment is whether we head to Punta del Este or Mara del Plata in mid January. It's high season but there seems to be conflicting advice. From what I gather:

A) Punta has out of this world parties and qualities but at the same time chances of scoring are low, and it is very expensive.

B) Plata is more relaxed but still great parties. Cheaper, quality of girls is lower and the beaches aren't as nice.

At the moment I am leaning towards spending more time in BA and Plata and giving Punta and Montevideo a miss this time around. However the forum hype about how incredible the girls/nightlife in Punta has me second guessing.

Any seasoned travellers have some advice for me?