rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Washington, D.C., Web Resources

Too bad the D.C. forum is gone. Here are three great resources to plan your week.

Pros in the City

Things to Do D.C.

International Club of D.C.

Have you actually used these three? Which events did you go to? How was the male to female ratios? How was the quality?

Links are fine, but reviews, data, or specific tips are what guys here are looking for.

Quote: (07-31-2011 05:33 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Have you actually used these three? Which events did you go to? How was the male to female ratios? How was the quality?

Links are fine, but reviews, data, or specific tips are what guys here are looking for.

I went to an OPEN BAR Four Minute Speed Dating Singles Party event sponsored by Things To Do DC.com. Really wasn't worth the money. The women who showed up were a mix of 4-6s with only 1 or two 7+ and even though I was the sharpest dressed cat in the place and thought that my talking skills were up to par still had some bitch@$ telling me that they came to the event only because their friends asked them to. WTF? Furthermore, the whole name card and index card idea is stupid. If you like someone just ask them for a number, why write it down on an index card and give it to event co-ordinator?

I went to Jazz in the Garden a few weeks ago. Every Friday at the National Gallery of Art from 5-830 there's an outdoor jazz concert. The ratio was pretty good the day I went. Unfortunately I was with a chic. LOL. Here's a video I found. You can see how it is....

I've done the prosinthecity.com events before. I'm not into the whole speed dating thing, but the women who go tend to also think the event is lame and attend because they know there will be a big group of single guys in one location. I've left with phone numbers almost every time.

The point of this thread is to collect resources on D.C. events for meeting women and for taking them on dates. Things To Do, D.C. and The International Club have many events that appeal to singles, but not exclusively. You obviously get more men at sports events, and more women at events involving wine, chocolate, cupcakes, and dancing. The International Club attracts people interested in the D.C. cultural scene and meeting others with cosmopolitan backgrounds. For example, they have many events at embassies. It is tough to judge because the events are different and not exclusively for singles. But the International Club grabbed my attention when I saw a number of hot international women in their young thirties at a sponsored Georgetown happy hour.

Pros In The City offers only singles events. They offer many speed dating events (I'll start a new thread on it). There is a recommended age range (e.g., 30-40), and events focused on African-Americans, Jewish, Punjabi, etc. They have an equal number of men and women, around sixteen, but usually sell out to women first. The women represent an average cross-section of D.C., and often have advanced degrees and careers. Two who were easily in the top 10%, and one was in the bottom 10% with glasses, frizzy hair, and a boxy lawyer suit on her rotund figure.

Here is another resource:

Free In D.C.

There are free concerts every night (a great date idea). There are various free yoga classes (attracting healthy slim women in their twenties).

Hey, I am here for a few days. I went to Eden the past two thursdays = GOLD. The ratio was like 1 guy per 4 girls. Now. 1 MAN per 50 girls. literally I my bro and his friend were the only real men there. The rest were dodes except for a magical dancing chinese guy. That was totally immune to the women and giving a shit about anyone but himself. Anyone down to chill while Im here or go out?

Quote: (08-01-2011 08:03 PM)Black Quixote Wrote:  

Hey, I am here for a few days. I went to Eden the past two thursdays = GOLD. The ratio was like 1 guy per 4 girls. Now. 1 MAN per 50 girls. literally I my bro and his friend were the only real men there. The rest were dodes except for a magical dancing chinese guy. That was totally immune to the women and giving a shit about anyone but himself. Anyone down to chill while Im here or go out?

Hmm. I just went on Edens website. I didn't see any Gallery Photos for Thursdays. I'm not doubting your story but judging from these photos from a recent Wednesday night...eden looks like another DC Cockfest. I wouldn't push my luck and go a 3rd week in a row.

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=4]

[Image: main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_it...alNumber=4]

Yeah its DEFINITELY all about what day you go. As many clubs can be.

I haven't been to the first two but they appear to be cockfests from everyone I ask.

I've been to the International club of DC's russian fashion show. It was a decent crowd and ratio, a few foreign cuties which I liked. I would definitely do it again, if I wasn't a stickler for paying for events haha.

Problem I have with DC clubs is the amount they charge to get in and for drinks. $20 cover and $10 drinks. I'm not cheap, but I've yet to find a solid tuna-fest that is worth consistently dropping $150-200/night.

Hey Black Quixote, are you gonna be here this Thursday? We should wing it! I didn't know Eden had that kind of turnout on a thursday night. lol.

Also...in my experience....I couldn't stand ThingsToDC speed dating events. One of the posters mentioned how most girls will say they're friend dragged them into it, give me a break. lol. Also most of the girls just wanted to cling on with themselves. Most were 7s at the highest.

Meetup.com's speed dating event wasn't bad when i went on a Sunday, but that was it. Its the weirdest thing, the women in those events have a different mindset. I remember a meetup.com bar event at Muse Night club, the girls wanted to just dance with themselves and not do anything.

Another charity even at meetup.com i went to, again....the girls didn't even seem to want to get seduced, it was all platonic crap. Its as if these girls are under a rock or something.

I remember each time I left these places that I felt like my game sucked or that i have a far way to go BUT the weirdest shit was that when i opened girls "outside" of those types of environments...they seem to make things natural and open to getting gamed. So i then figured that part of it isn't necessarily me but those events.

ThingsToDC events i don't recommend. Pros i haven't done. Meetup.com i didn't like. DC Singles facebook group...its also bullshit. Its as if they all treat the event stuff like a big joke. We're not here to be part of a joke, we're here to get laid. Its a singles group and then they post crap about "What do you think about this date i went on?" And to our surprise, it wasn't anyone in the group. What the hell is the point of a Singles Facebook group is nobody is going on dates with each other? Its blasphemy. I met with one girl on there but that was it. They all just meetup and make it as if its a "Friends thing". Aggrivating...

Quote: (08-02-2011 06:07 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

Its as if they all treat the event stuff like a big joke. We're not here to be part of a joke, we're here to get laid.

Amen to that, brother.

Here are are guides to outdoor patio bars and local date ideas.

Patio Bars

DC Date Ideas

If you're into the preppy set, check out latenightshots. I have banged tons of broads from that niche, but they're generally too into themselves to make anything work long-term. Mostly 6s-7s, with the occasional 8s that come into the mix after college graduation, but really insular. George, Smith Point and Glover Park. Used to be a lot better in 2007-2009, but not too impressive these days. If Perry is elected, I bet the whole DC landscape will get better with more Texas R's back in the mix. Sad to say that libs just don't make DC that attractive.

Quote: (09-06-2011 07:39 PM)dongthrust Wrote:  

Used to be a lot better in 2007-2009, but not too impressive these days. If Perry is elected, I bet the whole DC landscape will get better with more Texas R's back in the mix. Sad to say that libs just don't make DC that attractive.

Ha! I remember another forum member mentioning this. Thought it was just a joke..... but...do you think the downfall of DC is related to having a Democratic president?

To be honest I really did start to notice the decline during the summer of 2009. And it's gotten worse every day since then. Using the eye test there has definitely been a MASS exodus of attractive women from DC since Obama got elected.

I don't see how it would matter tho. Can anyone explain?

Yep. Republican women are hotter. Haha. Libs fuck. But they're not as hot. I'm going to Blue Martini in Tampa to stare at the blonde bartenders with immaculate bolt-ons. Go fuck some chimps in DC you simple cads.

Quote: (09-06-2011 09:55 PM)dongthrust Wrote:  

Yep. Republican women are hotter. Haha. Libs fuck. But they're not as hot. I'm going to Blue Martini in Tampa to stare at the blonde bartenders with immaculate bolt-ons. Go fuck some chimps in DC you simple cads.

Now, when you say Republican women are hotter, you can't include the so-called Liberal women who think they are Liberal but are really just fucking stupid and empty-minded. I worked with a lot of these types in DC...they are cute but don't know a thing about politics, economics, social issues, etc, but they will tell you every time that they are Liberal (because it's the "cool" thing to be). They support women's rights and all that shit. I don't count them as true Liberals though. True Liberals look like this:
[attachment=3001]

Quote: (09-06-2011 10:02 PM)Smitty Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2011 09:55 PM)dongthrust Wrote:  

Now, when you say Republican women are hotter, you can't include the so-called Liberal women who think they are Liberal but are really just fucking stupid and empty-minded. I worked with a lot of these types in DC...they are cute but don't know a thing about politics, economics, social issues, etc, but they will tell you every time that they are Liberal (because it's the "cool" thing to be). They support women's rights and all that shit. I don't count them as true Liberals though. True Liberals look like this:
Highschool photo of the same woman.
[Image: rachel-meadow23.jpg]

...and I bet she was straight as an arrow back then and probably even went to church on sundays in between volunteering for Barry Goldwater's campaign and fantasizing about having children and being a housewife. Then she went to college.

Quote: (09-06-2011 09:11 PM)rakishness Wrote:  

Quote: (09-06-2011 07:39 PM)dongthrust Wrote:  

Used to be a lot better in 2007-2009, but not too impressive these days. If Perry is elected, I bet the whole DC landscape will get better with more Texas R's back in the mix. Sad to say that libs just don't make DC that attractive.

Ha! I remember another forum member mentioning this. Thought it was just a joke..... but...do you think the downfall of DC is related to having a Democratic president?

To be honest I really did start to notice the decline during the summer of 2009. And it's gotten worse every day since then. Using the eye test there has definitely been a MASS exodus of attractive women from DC since Obama got elected.

I don't see how it would matter tho. Can anyone explain?

I think it is completely unrelated.

In the Clinton era, DC was way better than the Bush era (for girls, and of course everything else too).

DC was actually, during the late 90's, dare I say, Decent, and dare I say again had flashes of brilliance.

I went back a few years later during the Bush era, and it was horrible.

So I think the place is just on a complete downward slide.

Thank you for creating this thread.

In my experience, the Eighteenth street lounge has a good mix of the mid-late 20s crowd, plenty of 7s.

Another hot spot seems to be Matchbox over on 8th street SE. Oddly its a mixed bag for that area, between Matchbox, ugly mug, and Fusion Grill, in my recent experience.

I'm finding it harder to open with women in DC versus Baltimore, but getting the hang of it, slowly.