rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

3 x Gold Memberships for Tinder Profile Review
x Gold Memberships for Tinder Profile Review
Man, my Tinder game must be weak. Would appreciate some help from RVF on this, as just moved to this city.

Been a bit over a couple of weeks in a city of 4 million and I've pulled 5 decent matches, only two responders and one bang,

I'll give gold membership to first 3 good honest reviews by, users with a bit of rep, of profile including:

* Am I an ugly cunt?
* Style right?
* Do my photos need to be better?
* Is my bio gay as fuck?
* Any other shit I've missed.

Because I lurk and not so well know, maths terribly when drunk I now have 3 lifetime gold memberships up for grabs.

Confirmation Number: 3YF1102336191340NPlaced on 22 Jul 2016
PurposeDonation amount
Return Of Kings
Reference: ROK One-Time Donation$50.00 USD

Confirmation Number: 3MYxxxxHB291082M Placed on 21 Jul 2016
Purpose Donation amount
Return Of Kings
Reference: ROK One-Time Donation $33.00 US

PM me for access to album with profile.

Cheers,

Rusty
Two down, one membership review still remaining.
You'd get alot more input from describing yourself, your bio, etc on here.

Sending pics via PM if they're requested and they can critique those separately.

Openers to girls, how your convos go, how you close and get the numbers in detail would help as well.
I'm 25, 6'2", 87kgs, pretty fit, self-employed, got a house, very little debt, new car, live a pretty untethered lifestyle.

Don't know if I'm good looking or ugly, thus the pics,

Bio:

In Indonesia til Sept (island emoticon thing).

Trying to find a nurse to save on travel insurance.

6'2", recklessly impulsive adrenalin addict.

Good food and coffee is literally my business.

Surfer, snowboarder and hide and seek chamion.

Sydney / Byron Bay based (planet emoticon)

Typical openers range from:

"Did you just swipe right because I was looking for a nurse?" - to a registered nurse
"We'd be perfect...you know apart from that 12,000km trip to catch up. - another nurse
"I'll let you cut my hair but if you mess it up it will cost more than drink.." - hairdresser sluzzer
I think you wrote too much, instead of writing all these things and trying to be funny just have a few profile pics of you DOING these things.

Have a picture of yourself surfing or snowboarding, ideally surfing since you say you are fit.

Good food and coffee is literally your business? GAY

Hide and seek champion? Beta/Gay

Emojis = faggy

I wouldn't put your height either, instead have a picture next to an average or below average size that makes you look really tall. Let her be curious on how tall you are.
Quote: (07-21-2016 06:02 PM)Sidney Crosby Wrote:  

I think you wrote too much, instead of writing all these things and trying to be funny just have a few profile pics of you DOING these things.

Have a picture of yourself surfing or snowboarding, ideally surfing since you say you are fit.

Emojis = faggy

I wouldn't put your height either, instead have a picture next to an average or below average size that makes you look really tall. Let her be curious on how tall you are.

^That's one well-deserved Gold-Membership right here!
"Trying to find a nurse to save on travel insurance."

^^^ that's the best
Gold Memberships currently going to:

NewDayNewFace

Sidney Crosby

Emojis = faggy

Thanks man solid info,

Even if all my mates are like 6' to 7'?

It literally is though haha. I'm a food and beverage designer. Still take it out?
Remember keep it simple and it's a numbers game. Less is more. I PM you my entire review.
I PM'ed you. Your bio is like a VP candidate. It can't help you but it can hurt you.

Always strive to say something nonverbally > verbally. Verbal is the poor man's nonverbal. It's more eloquent and gives more tingles. Even if you very obviously select pictures with your short ass friends, it's better than listing your height. I don't think this would make a different either way though. I PM'ed you a link to BlurredSevens pictures thread. Tinder is 99% pictures. If you're not getting matches and you're not tagged in their algorithm, then you need better pictures.
Quote: (07-21-2016 07:30 PM)rustylions Wrote:  

Emojis = faggy

Thanks man solid info,

Even if all my mates are like 6' to 7'?

It literally is though haha. I'm a food and beverage designer. Still take it out?

Thanks

Since all your friends are tall then you'll have to figure something else out, have something in the picture that she can use as a scale to show your height.

If it is your job I'd still take it out, it's another question she doesn't have to be curious about and since you are obviously relatively successful it's not important for her to know your job right away (without talking to you)

Even if you don't consider yourself a male model you still have all these other things going for you so don't overthink things.

My tinder profile was literally just blank, not a single thing. I didn't even have any cool pictures, just me with some friends etc. but in the pictures it showed that I was having fun and I'm no Cristiano Ronaldo.
I'll take a crack at it too. I would use your sunglasses pic as your primary picture, it shows you in most definitely your best light.

The picture with the dog looks like it was taken years ago. It also seems try-hard. The surfing pic is solid and I would keep that up there, as it shows an interesting activity and is an instant opener.

I would remove your job, that's going too deep, fuck these girls knowing what you do, and they should be making that conversation; you're giving away too much off the bat. I agree with Crosby about the emojis being gay, remove them. You want to be a mystery before these girls meet you, remove your height or add a favourite line of mine: "taller than you".

Take out the "hide and seek champion/adrenalin addict" and girls should be recklessly impulsive, not males.

Otherwise, you're a decent looking guy. Play up the mystery, tone down the emojis, and keep it simple. Don't reveal all of yourself in your profile, it stops many girls from asking questions. Be more vague, or outright lie. You're never going to see these girls again anyway. Might as well be a doctor/astronaut with a 15 inch cock and just visiting simply for sexual tourism.

"Money over bitches, nigga stick to the script." - Jay-Z
They gonna love me for my ambition.
Excellent advice. I'm golding all of you to this post
Got 5 matches within hours of changing things round.
Quote: (07-21-2016 07:30 PM)rustylions Wrote:  

Good food and coffee is my business: bad and gay.

I'm a food and beverage designer: professional and somewhat intriguing and original, so, keep it.

It was all in the wording. Appear as a talented (well paid?) food industry professional, not a "gay-ish" foodie amateur.
Show don't tell always applies. I don't going around telling hot chicks how successful I am [online or off] they see how I'm dressed and assume it within 0.35 seconds of seeing me. Online profiles just say I work in Industry X, nothing more.
Quote: (07-21-2016 09:25 PM)Balkan Wrote:  

I PM'ed you. Your bio is like a VP candidate. It can't help you but it can hurt you.

Always strive to say something nonverbally > verbally. Verbal is the poor man's nonverbal. It's more eloquent and gives more tingles. Even if you very obviously select pictures with your short ass friends, it's better than listing your height. I don't think this would make a different either way though. I PM'ed you a link to BlurredSevens pictures thread. Tinder is 99% pictures. If you're not getting matches and you're not tagged in their algorithm, then you need better pictures.

"Tagged in the algorithm"?

Explain, please.
Quote: (07-22-2016 03:39 PM)Kid Twist Wrote:  

Quote: (07-21-2016 09:25 PM)Balkan Wrote:  

"Tagged in the algorithm"?

Explain, please.

I have a friend that worked at tinder. Also, reference this quora post. Basically, tinder has an algorithm that ranks users on how attractive they are. It's a function of how many people right swipe on you, your activity, how often you change locations, your pickiness, how often you open, your response rate, etc. So if you're killing it, your profile would be shown to a lot of girls and often near the top of their stack.

There are several things you can do, mainly getting caught for using an auto-liker and not messaging matches, that lower you within their algorithm. I know some guys kill it on tinder using an auto-liker and some will suddenly say they stop getting matches and tinder sucks. Seems to be random with who gets caught. When you get "tagged" a girl you right swiped might never have the opportunity to right swipe you. They show your profile less and lower on the stack. It's like getting ghost banned. The tagging seems to be related to your facebook, which is related to your phone number.

I went through a period when I was traveling a lot. I would stay in certain locations for a few days each and swipe furiously on tinder to scope the local talent. Often, I was out of town the next morning and never messaged 90% of these girls. My tinder match rate plummeted for a while afterwards. I added some new pictures, messaged all my matches even if I was just an emoticon, went on more frequently, opened tinder whenever I changed locations, and slowly my match rate came back up. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
5 matches two days ago, 2 responses, 1 bang.

Follow RVF advice, 2 days later.

22 matches, 3 dates set up, and 6 numbers for return home.

Looks like I owe you bastards. Also, someone rep point Balkan, guy is a legend.

Gold going out to:

Player_1337
TheFinalEpic
Sidney Crosby
GoingStrong
NewDayNewFace

Much appreciated, mailing Roosh now to sort it.
Quote: (07-23-2016 05:06 PM)rustylions Wrote:  

5 matches two days ago, 2 responses, 1 bang.

Follow RVF advice, 2 days later.

22 matches, 3 dates set up, and 6 numbers for return home.

Looks like I owe you bastards. Also, someone rep point Balkan, guy is a legend.

Gold going out to:

Player_1337
TheFinalEpic
Sidney Crosby
GoingStrong
NewDayNewFace

Much appreciated, mailing Roosh now to sort it.

Thanks man, but I already have Gold Membership [Image: smile.gif]

So, may I ask you to transfer "my" Gold award to another member? I have one or 2 deserving forum-member names in mind, for the prize... Phoenix if you like great insights into Asian travel and culture, or sixsix if you are more into subtle and thought-provoking political analysis.
Fuck it,

Gold for both as I both enjoy Asian ass and political analysis.

Time to piss off Roosh again and tell him the new golds.

Cheers Going Strong
Quote: (07-23-2016 07:03 PM)rustylions Wrote:  

Fuck it,

Gold for both as I both enjoy Asian ass and political analysis.

Time to piss off Roosh again and tell him the new golds.

Cheers Going Strong

Thanks, you're a gentleman!

[Image: article-0-116096B0000005DC-353_634x566.jpg]
Shoot me a PM.

I think I can give you solid advice on:
* What your strong and weak points are in terms of looks
* How good your pictures are and what pictures would be good for your profile
I agree with Sidney Crosby that you are writing too much and trying too hard to be funny. Less is more.

Clever openers are very overrated, even by guys on this forum.

I disagree about including your height in your profile. I would include it if you are 6 feet or taller.

Quote: (07-22-2016 04:12 PM)Balkan Wrote:  

I have a friend that worked at tinder. Also, reference this quora post. Basically, tinder has an algorithm that ranks users on how attractive they are. It's a function of how many people right swipe on you, your activity, how often you change locations, your pickiness, how often you open, your response rate, etc. So if you're killing it, your profile would be shown to a lot of girls and often near the top of their stack.
This is good info. Understanding the algorithm can help. But you can only game the algorithm so much because most of the algorithm is based on how many girls are right-swiping instead of left-swiping you, so it is all about the pictures, especially the first picture.
I just talked to a dude a couple weeks ago who works for Tinder. That Quora post is true, but outdated. There are also settings within the app now that let you see the most active users. If you have PLUS it will override the ranking system, according to him, however, only for a few hundred matches or so.