rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Trip Report: Rome

Impressions: Italian girls are generally hot, feminine and take good care of themselves. However, the dating environment is tough. Following Roosh's 'busted dudes test (http://www.rooshv.com/the-busted-dudes-test) you see a lot of decent looking Italian guys dating down. In the years that I've been coming here the girls have put on weight. Italian guys generally have swagger and charisma, but then also do surprisingly beta things making game quite effective.

I'm fluent in Italian and know my way around Rome. I spent my days working so I didn't get to do anything during the day, which is sad since Piazza di Spagna can be a goldmine.

I went out three nights and got one notch.

The biggest challenge with Italian girls is that they roll in (often mixed) groups and isolating can be hard. Maybe my isolation game is weak, but cockblocking is a big issue. This is why I usually go for tourists if I'm there for a short time since ONS is much more likely.

In July/August most Romans are out of town and a lot of clubs are closed. They decamp to the beach, many of them to nearby resort Ostia where there's an active nightlife through the summer. This lowers your chances of getting an Italian girl in Rome in summer. The upside is that girls who stay in town are bored and have less pressure from social circles. They don't go to bars alone so daygame is your best bet for these.

An Italian friend told me that a good place to meet locals at night is the lounges along Lungotevere not far from Castel Sant Angelo. Didn't get to explore that part of town myself. Trastevere may be good too, but didn't go there either.

Monday

Got a late start after arriving Monday night. Got to Campo de Fiori at around midnight and there was plenty of action. Big groups of tourist girls and locals. Sat at one of the bars flanking the piazza and got a drink. Stopped some girls from my table but it was too far from the foot traffic to work well. Crossed over to the Drunken Ship (outside and indoor areas, 6 EUR pints of beer) on the other side of the piazza and got a seat by the entrance. That's a prime spot to sit in and I opened a group of blonde Norwegian girls who were really into it but very drunk. Then got cockblocked by some rowdy guys in their group who were piss drunk. Opened some more but didn't get anywhere. None of the girls there were Italian. Lots of Aussies and Brits around.

Got talking to a local player who knew the bouncers at a late spot called Bloom. Opens every night at 11pm, 10 EUR entry (with one drink included; drinks are all 10 EUR). Seems to be the only game in town on Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. It was nicely packed, with a small dancefloor in one room and another quieter room with a bar. Did some opening in the queue to the unisex loos. Most people there were in mixed groups so I was affable to the Italian guys who didn't mind my macking on their women after some small talk.

Crowd was a good mix of tourists, Italian meatheads (and accompanying girls with big tits and bleached hair) and students. Age range 20 to early forties. Ratio was about 60% guys / 40% women.

At closing time I left with a couple of Italian girls, some guys and four high school girls from Toronto. We had a bath in the fountain at Piazza Navona nearby (apart from being good fun it plays into the girls' Dolce Vita fantasies about Rome though it should have been the Fontana di Trevi for full cinematic effect). If you take a girl fountain bathing just keep in mind that it's frowned on by the police. I'm not sure what the sanctions are.

Tried to get one of the Itals back with me "to dry up", she seemed up for it but was cockblocked by the guys in her group (a common problem, Italian girls are very sensitive about appearing slutty; got her number instead). The Toronto girls were all flying out early the next morning so I missed out on that even though one I'd made out with earlier seemed DTF.

Tuesday

Kicked off looking for high end girls at the Stravinskij Bar off via del Babuino. It's a cool outdoor bar in the courtyard of the Hotel de Russie with subdued lighting and candles. I had a cocktail there, among the best I've ever had (at 19 EUR per drink it better be good). Crowd was mostly Italian couples, tourists and cougars. There weren't many people around and I just flirted with the waitresses. A good place for a date though.

Headed to Campo de Fiori again. Had a couple of drinks at the Drunken Ship. It was a complete cockfest in contrast to the night before. I spotted a couple of other players working the place. Opened 2-3 girls but there wasn't much to work with. Left for Bloom at midnight. Got a drink and opened a cute young American girl. Went for the makeout in 20 minutes and then followed her and her friends to the Scholars Pub on Via del Plebiscito. She wasn't close to any of her friends so isolating was easy and two hours after meeting we were on the way back to my place. Bang.

Thursday

Decided to explore the local high end scene. Went for a drink at 10 pm at the rooftop bar at the Aleph Hotel which has a decent view. It was a cocktail event that a friend hooked me up with. You can usually find details on regular events there posted on Facebook if you search. It was ostensibly guestlist only but didn't seem very strict. Entrance was 15 EUR which included a cocktail, with subsequent drinks costing 10 EUR. Lots of beautiful girls with a roughly 50/50 ratio, almost entirely mixed groups.

The downside was that people sat at tables in groups making approaching harder. Loitered at the bar and locked down the bartenders who were soon introducing me to girls as they came up to the bar to order. One of the girls invited me to her table, but everyone left to go home 20 minutes later as the bar closed at midnight.

Headed to the Scholars Pub again. It has a very international crowd so if your Italian is weak it's a good bet. Lots of students and on the rowdy side. Approaching there is really easy, did a few approaches but the girls weren't that great (lots of busted looking backpackers, etc.) apart from some Russians who were cool. Lost patience and bounced out of there.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

Props for your commitment to going out despite Rome being such a tough environment (I was there in April). I definitely think going after tourists was the right move as the locals are far more trouble than they are worth.

Great report. How long do you think it would take you to bang an cute Italian girl in Rome with your Italian language ability?

Quote: (07-26-2011 09:29 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Great report. How long do you think it would take you to bang an cute Italian girl in Rome with your Italian language ability?

Thanks.

The biggest problem is isolating so it would only take a first date away from her friends. If you say the right things, logistics are right and she doesn't worry about being seen or judged, there's no reason why you shouldn't bang after that.

Looking at what other posters say about Italian girls putting out easily on holiday in London, Ibiza, Mykonos, etc. if you make the girl feel away from home at home, even more chance of a bang than really being away from home.

I could probably do it in a week. Unfortunately won't be able to test that for another 10 months or so.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I was in Rome for a week in November, saw lots of gorgeous girls but with no Italian skills I had little chance. (I tried though) To make things more complex I spent the whole week hanging out with friends and and my ex-girlfriend who now lives there. After striking out with some locals my ex told me about scholars pub, I went there and it was like someone turned the lights on again. O the Anglosphere [Image: smile.gif] I made out with a British girl and then had some awkward hostel sex with another American girl I met there.

Scholars is full of young American girls studying abroad, mostly obnoxious and the music is awful but highly recommended if you are in need of something easy after the locals kick your ass. Rome is a great city though, genuinely one of the great cities of the world and like MacArthur I will return and get my Italian flag.

Great report!!! How close would you say the Greek girls are in terms of trying to pull out of a social circle?

Is the food as good as I hear it is?

Nice report, Rome's reputation has scared me in the past but you did a nice job.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (07-27-2011 08:09 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Great report!!! How close would you say the Greek girls are in terms of trying to pull out of a social circle?

Don't have much experience with Greek girls. I expect they're similar to Italian girls in that they roll in groups and are strongly linked to their social circles. People move around much less than in the US; it's not unusual for them to have the same group of friends from middle school onwards. Slutting around is frowned upon and they don't want to be seen to be easy by the people they hang out with.

I think the best way to do it is to push for a date with just the two of you, making sure it's somewhere that she feels comfortable about not running into friends.

The food is amazing!! Very different from Italian food in the US. Simple and light and the fresh ingredients make all the difference. I live off pizza, fresh tomatoes, basil, mozarella and fresh fruit when there; would eat that stuff all the time if I could. This should give you an idea of some of the better pizza spots: http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/ju...laces-rome -- though I mostly get pizza from hole in the wall takeaway places.

Nice report ! This reminds me of my trip to Madrid. No love from the locals but there is always a horny American chick around.

Quote: (07-29-2011 04:12 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2011 08:09 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Don't have much experience with Greek girls. I expect they're similar to Italian girls in that they roll in groups and are strongly linked to their social circles. People move around much less than in the US; it's not unusual for them to have the same group of friends from middle school onwards. Slutting around is frowned upon and they don't want to be seen to be easy by the people they hang out with.

I think the best way to do it is to push for a date with just the two of you, making sure it's somewhere that she feels comfortable about not running into friends.

The food is amazing!! Very different from Italian food in the US. Simple and light and the fresh ingredients make all the difference. I live off pizza, fresh tomatoes, basil, mozarella and fresh fruit when there; would eat that stuff all the time if I could. This should give you an idea of some of the better pizza spots: http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2011/ju...laces-rome -- though I mostly get pizza from hole in the wall takeaway places.
I can tell you some about pulling Greek girls and tell me if it helps or at least you notice how its played.

First, their main concern is not being talked about so they won't leave with you unless nobody in her group will find out. The whole family will find out and yia yia (granny) will be waiting up when she gets home.

ONS and SNL are no problem but, they like to sneak around almost to the point where their going to get caught but don't. Thats what excites them. Its almost like forplay. You can flirt slightly (they WILL notice) and you have to find a way to intercept them with out their peeps noticing like, going towards the bathroom at the same time and slipping her your cel # very discreetly.

I never had any problem with that nonsense when I approached a girl who was alone. If nobody sees, she wont worry so much and find a way to meet up with you.

Head to Rimini for high summer,then at least you get to see Italian girls in their bikinis.

I remember that in the city center the nightlife actually ends quite early. But before there was a lot, at Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navona and around the bridge Ponte Sisto along the river. In the summer all the nightlife (a lot!!) is at the beach, which is not that close.

I just posted in the forum my experiences in most of the cities I have been to!

Quote: (02-01-2012 10:29 AM)european_lover Wrote:  

I remember that in the city center the nightlife actually ends quite early. But before there was a lot, at Campo de Fiori, Piazza Navona and around the bridge Ponte Sisto along the river. In the summer all the nightlife (a lot!!) is at the beach, which is not that close.

Yeah there's only a handful of late-night venues in Rome during the summer. Bloom is one.

Would love to check out Ostia and the beaches that Romans go to during summer.

Great report Caligula! I'm happy to see more and more RVFers are heading to/planning to go to Italy, although the country might have less to offer game-wise compared to others I feel like no traveller should miss out on the artistic beauties and atmosphere Italy has to offer.
On a side note I wouldn't recommend heading to Trastevere for day-gaming I've heard more than once from friends who live there that it isn't uncommon for people to get mugged or randomly jumped there.

Quote: (08-04-2012 02:40 PM)Snowflake Wrote:  

Great report Caligula! I'm happy to see more and more RVFers are heading to/planning to go to Italy, although the country might have less to offer game-wise compared to others I feel like no traveller should miss out on the artistic beauties and atmosphere Italy has to offer.
On a side note I wouldn't recommend heading to Trastevere for day-gaming I've heard more than once from friends who live there that it isn't uncommon for people to get mugged or randomly jumped there.

Never heard about Trastevere being dangerous before. If you keep your wits about you and take standard precautions you'll probably be fine there. Are you sure this isn't people being jumped at night?

In any case yeah, Italy isn't the best country for a for a pure player mission but taking into account the total package it's a great destination.

Bumping this thread, probably going to Italy late this year/early next year. Any forum members been to Rome during the winter? A quick check of this week's weather shows it being in the 50's (Fahrenheit) with rain. Sounds balmy compared to the 'polar vortex' we're about to battle again.

I speak Italian reasonably well, but I think I'm gonna choose it as my 30-minutes a day project for the next six months to see how much I can improve.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

3 days good enough for site seeing? Tue-Friday morning

Great report Caligula. I was living in Rome for a while, without any Italian language skills doing well with the locals is pretty tough. I used to day game around the Spanish Steps (Via Condotti, Via de Corso), the Pantheon square and piazza de popolo.

For night game I did Campo di Fiori and a few times to the clubs in Via di Monte Testaccio (there's a bunch).

When I was there they had a daily pub crawl (I'm not sure if they still have it or if it's still worth something) starting at the Spanish steps. I got to know the guy organizing it so I'd join their group from time to time for free drinks and a great way to meet with tourist girls, although the quality was very fluctuating.

Nice memory from Spanish steps

My first day in Rome I went lonewolfing here so I met a Korean girl from Canada that was with her parents. I asked them to take a picture of me and then made some small talk. She asked her parents if she could hang out with me a little bit longer while they went to see some more tourist stuff.

We went for a drink and a walk and made out. But my logistics were still horrible at that moment, I was living a 40 minute bus ride from the center, no way she could join me to my place with her parents waiting for her. She had some tattoos and a piercing so that was a good sign, so I decided to make a bold move.

We walked back to her hotel but then she told me she was staying in the same room as her parents. We went to listen at the door but we could hear they had already returned: bad luck again! But then I got a lucky break. I told her, let's check out if there's a nice view from the roof. So we take the stairs to the top and the door is open...

The view from the roof over Rome was amazing; we make out some more; then I open my pants and she knows what to do. She drops to her knees and starts blowing me.

While she's going at it I look to my left and I see that the rooftop across the street has a restaurant on it. Three Italian waiters are waving and smiling and giving me thumbs up. I decide not to tell her, I give the waiters a thumbs up back and let her finish the job she started. Only after I cum in her mouth I tell her "I think some people saw us". She just laughs it off and we wave goodbye to the waiters.

One of my favorite Romantic moments in Rome [Image: smile.gif]

The Spanish steps might just be one of the finest day gaming spots in the world.

Quote:Quote:

The view from the roof over Rome was amazing; we make out some more; then I open my pants and she knows what to do. She drops to her knees and starts blowing me.

While she's going at it I look to my left and I see that the rooftop across the street has a restaurant on it. Three Italian waiters are waving and smiling and giving me thumbs up. I decide not to tell her, I give the waiters a thumbs up back and let her finish the job she started. Only after I cum in her mouth I tell her "I think some people saw us". She just laughs it off and we wave goodbye to the waiters.

One of my favorite Romantic moments in Rome Smile

[Image: thumbs-up-meme-generator-yay-great-job-c404db.jpeg]

Little help

In Rome end of the month Mon-Thursday morning. Debating between Spagna or Barberini metro area. I don't speak any Italian, will be site seeing during the day so this would be cave man at night. Rolling solo. Bang isnt main reason but might as well stay in an area with a chance if it walks across me. Whats the street nightlife in those areas?

I found this place for $220 a night
Via San Nicola da Tolentino 50, Trevi, Rome, Italy
says its surrounded by bars and restaurants.

I can find a little cheaper near Spagna but dont know if walkup will be possible. I do well with cougars so any suggestions on that ?

bumping this since I need to book hotel soon .

I was there in March of last year.

I saw two genuinely hot girls over three days.

Probably just bad luck - or me being too harsh.

But I was a little surprised. Still - the Italian chicks all seemed slim and well dressed. It was March - so I am guessing they were still dressed in a 'Last of the winter' mindset - and not a 'Here comes the Sun' manner...

I am only reporting what I saw on the streets (which were mostly tourists I guess). I didn't go clubbing in Rome - and I am sure that would have being a better place to scope out hot girls.

One of the hot chicks was stood outside a 5 star hotel in the centre of Rome with her good-looking boyfriend (no homo).

Anyway - I found it a little surprising since I assumed that Italy would be a mecca for hot chicks - since I find myself drawn to the ones you see on TV and in the media.

I will try Argentina next time...

Quote: (04-07-2014 03:37 PM)cardguy Wrote:  

I was there in March of last year.

I saw two genuinely hot girls over three days.

Probably just bad luck - or me being too harsh.

But I was a little surprised. Still - the Italian chicks all seemed slim and well dressed. It was March - so I am guessing they were still dressed in a 'Last of the winter' mindset - and not a 'Here comes the Sun' manner...

I am only reporting what I saw on the streets (which were mostly tourists I guess). I didn't go clubbing in Rome - and I am sure that would have being a better place to scope out hot girls.

One of the hot chicks was stood outside a 5 star hotel in the centre of Rome with her good-looking boyfriend (no homo).

Anyway - I found it a little surprising since I assumed that Italy would be a mecca for hot chicks - since I find myself drawn to the ones you see on TV and in the media.

I will try Argentina next time...

I don't often see a lot of 9s in Italy (except for the parts of Milano where the models congregate). It's mostly concentrated around the 7-8 range, with a deficit of 1-5s to compensate.

Yeah 0 I am sure Milan is different.

And I agree with what you say. You never seen a terrible looking young Italian chick - but for some reason I didn't see many spectacular ones either.

Whereas in London and New York you would see a lot of spectacular women.