rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Back in LOS...

Back in LOS...

So out of a totally spontaneous whim, I'm flying tomorrow with a buddy to LOS. I wasn't expecting or planning to return at this time, but earlier today, found out that one of my cousins was flying to LOS tomorrow, I just jumped on the occasion and joined him. However, buying a last minute ticket on Air Canada for 2K hurts! But to hell with it, no regrets as they say![Image: smile.gif] It's going to be my cousin's first time so I'm going to be his guide so to speak. Will only be this time for 2 weeks, first week in Jomtien Beach as I'll be staying at that killer deal with my private membership where I got a 2 bedroom beach villa with a private swimming pool that goes for $528/night on agoda.com or $3701 for the week and I got it for only $550 for the whole week. 86% off retail!!![Image: banana.gif]

Pretty excited about that. 2nd week is still open, probably a few days in BKK before flying to Phuket/Krabi. If anyone's there at the same time, hollar at me...

Ciao,

VP.

Back in LOS...

Welcome back [Image: smile.gif]

Back in LOS...

86% off?.....that would be reason enough to go. Anyplace that goes for $500+ a night (outside of the Vatican) will be nice enough to attract a chick or two just off of G.P.

Back in LOS...

Los Angeles?

Back in LOS...

Land of Smiles = Thailand

Back in LOS...

Jontiem Beach is horrible mate, do you like it down there?

Back in LOS...

Things are good in here. Can't complain.
Walking Street is a total freak show, totally addictive just for the visual entertainment you see constantly all around you. I have some freaky and even some amazing videos of amazing tricks that I will upload to here when I get some time. And these are shows not referring to the girls, but the constant parade of all types of people there.

Gringo, agreed that Jomtien is not the best beach in Thailand. Let me tell you something: 1 average day in Thailand is better than 100 awesome days in the West.

Now a question for the Thailand beach pros here: Phuket or Krabi when it comes to sick beaches? Or any other suggestions? Please share it here as I am looking to get there by Monday.

Back in LOS...

Quote: (07-18-2011 07:43 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Things are good in here. Can't complain.
Walking Street is a total freak show, totally addictive just for the visual entertainment you see constantly all around you. I have some freaky and even some amazing videos of amazing tricks that I will upload to here when I get some time. And these are shows not referring to the girls, but the constant parade of all types of people there.

Gringo, agreed that Jomtien is not the best beach in Thailand. Let me tell you something: 1 average day in Thailand is better than 100 awesome days in the West.

Now a question for the Thailand beach pros here: Phuket or Krabi when it comes to sick beaches? Or any other suggestions? Please share it here as I am looking to get there by Monday.

VP-
I can only comment on Phuket and I personally found it to be overrun with tourist, more expensive, and loads of young Aussies and Brits getting hammered.,unless you rent a motor-bike it's also tough/expensive to get around....tuk-tuk drivers are a pain in the ass....,,secondly I was not really blown away by the beaches. (But I used to live in Hawaii and find it hard to compare). I am in Cambodia at the moment but plan on hitting Koh Chang, and possibly Koh Tao weather permitting. I have heard these are good 2-3 day spots...but sleepy not a ton of nightlife. I do hear good things about Krabi, especially Railay Beach....but that of course is just second hand info.....but as you say any day in Thailand is way better than your average day in the west.....enjoy your trip.

Back in LOS...

in terms of great beaches phuket and krabi are kind of same same because either way you will want to take a ferry out to the islands.

i agree w the poster above about phuket but would say that its par for the course. like w anything you would need to settle in to get the best the island has to offer.

regardless i would definitley recommend checking out phuket or krabi as the locals have a dift look than what you typically see in bkk.

Back in LOS...

Awesome VP, when are you leaving BKK? I'll be arriving there on the 28th.

Back in LOS...

IMO Krabi has far better beaches and coastline than Phuket. BUT Krabi is more of a family/couples destination so unless your after relaxiation Phuket should be your pick.

Back in LOS...

Thanks guys for the suggestions. At this time, I'm leaning towards either Krabi or Samui. Ah tough call to make. Which has the better of both world (great nightlife and post card like pristine beaches)?

Back in LOS...

Koh Samui has the better nightlife, Krabi though has better beaches as evidenced by the numerous movies filmed here (The Beach with Leo Dicaprio and the Man With The Golden Gun for example).

I would still say Krabi has the edge because from there you have the ability to quickly go out to the Kho Phi Phi islands which is the #1 party spot in Thailand after Bangkok.

Back in LOS...

Just landed a couple of hours ago into Krabi. First impressions:

Booked the suite at the Best Western which on agoda said is a 4 star and is 15 metres from the beach. Once in the room, the room is very small and is everything but a suite and it's a good 150 metres from the beach. Second, the hotel is at most a 2 star and that's being extremely generous. Quite a contrast from the gorgeous suite I had in Jomtien. Oh well..Also, Krabi looks a very family/couple oriented place and one should bring their own girl here and not go to Krabi looking to hook up. At least that's what transcribes from a first glance the first night here. No worries tough as I'm not here for the girls but rather to go to those heavenly beaches and then will resume partying from Tuesday onwards when I return to BKK. [Image: banana.gif]

About 200 metres from the hotel is a cluster of bars and after a quick look, 90% of them were totally dead and empty...on a saturday night. Just lovely! LOL

These are the first impressions "à chaud"/right off the bat so to speak. Will see if those persist or change come tomorrow night...

Back in LOS...

VP - seriously, is LOS that fucking amazing? I mean, I would love to visit, but I am not into skinny girls with no ass. I'm a huge ASS guy (love girls from any race, but must have ass), will I be disappointed or in paradise? I'm cool with banging tourists too, especially Russian girls...

I've never heard of girl in LOS be known for great asses, like Cuban girls for example.

Mixx

Back in LOS...

Mixx, compadre,
We are alike in a lot of ways my friend. You love latinas with big juicy and well shaped bundas. So do I. I love Latin culture so do you. Everything you're feeling now about Thailand/Asia, I was exactly to a T feeling it. Never was into Asians prior to going there last October. I found them boring and body wise, unnattractive as they seem to be very petite, flat and void of any curves. Boy was I wrong when I got there! Bangkok is an explosive city, a never ending party town. Nightlife here is awesome and has something for everyone. I love starting the evening at Soi Cowboy and pre-party with the gogo girls (yeah, I have a big stripper fetish [Image: smile.gif] ), then off to the clubs where it's jumping till 6 am and after that, if your'e still up for it and have energy left, can hit the after hour clubs and party till noon. The Thai women are uber feminine, sexy, charming and they dress to kill. When you get to BKK, go for a walk inside Siam Paragon and you will forget South Beach, no kidding. As mentioned here before not only by myself but by others as well, a fly Asian girl blows out of water a fly white/western girl. And please do not make the mistake of basing your view on Asian women based on what you see/meet in the US. You cannot compare the Asians in the US with the ones in Asia. The ones in the US are a very pale and bad reflection of the Asians. Asians in the US/Canada are like cheap and bad knock off of the reasl thing in Asia. Asians in Asia are totally different, specially the ladies. You think you've been spoilt by Latinas, wait till you get it on with a fly Thai, Pinoy, Chinese or J girl IN THEIR COUNTRY. It'll blow your mind. And once you've been here in Bangkok/Asia, you may go yellow in no time and fall hard for Asia. Just don't say you haven't been warned...[Image: wink.gif]

Back in LOS...

Aye I agree with VP.

Asian girls back in Toronto don't compare to the girls in Bangkok.
The food is awesome too. Just got here and will give my impressions when I go out clubbing over the next week.

Back in LOS...

One tip though. Dont stay on Sukhomvit Soi 4. Ita p4p central and there are lot of ladyboys that will hit on you.

Back in LOS...

Been in Thailand going on 8 weeks with one week in Cambodia....had a friend who came out for 10 days (his first time to Thailand).....needless to say it blew his mind....he got back to the fatfarm/(U.S.A) and booked a return flight 2 weeks later....Cant say enough good things about this country, the women, food, nightlife. Even if asian's arent your flavor I cant imagine you will leave this place thinking it was a shitty experience....do yourself a favor and make it happen, you will not regret it!!!

Back in LOS...

Quote:Quote:

Even if asian's arent your flavor I cant imagine you will leave this place thinking it was a shitty experience....do yourself a favor and make it happen, you will not regret it!!!

Definitely. You're not going to leave thinking the place was bad. I've yet to meet a person who didn't love Thailand.

Quote:Quote:

Nightlife here is awesome and has something for everyone. I love starting the evening at Soi Cowboy and pre-party with the gogo girls (yeah, I have a big stripper fetish ), then off to the clubs where it's jumping till 6 am and after that, if your'e still up for it and have energy left, can hit the after hour clubs and party till noon.

Which clubs you going to at the moment? Most clubs I went to closed at 2am (legal requirement I beleive) then had to find one of the illegal after hour places that would go on till about 6am, only know of one other place where the party kept going after that which was a club above a restaurant across from Spicy. Would be good to know some more places for when I return later in the year.

Back in LOS...

Most clubs are now open again till 6 am as my friend who lives in BKK told me which is great news![Image: banana.gif]
Tully Mars, you're in BKK now? If yes, let's grab some beer and go hunting. Sadly tough, I'm leaving on Monday morning but I'll be back at the end of October. Here are some practical and concrete reasons why BKK is such a terrific place:
- just had a terrific lunch at a wonderfully classy indian restaurant (I'd say a 4 star restaurant) right on Sukhumvit/Asok (ie the most touristy and expensive area in BKK akin to 5th avenue in NYC or Lincoln Drive for you MIA cats just to give you an idea) and the entire bill was 368 baht or just under 12 bucks. The same in Canada would easily run 50 bucks. How can you not love a city like that?
- the other night, after a heavy partying night, had a bottle of water from the 7 11, a delicious chicken shawarma AND a cab ride to take me from the club to the hotel and the whole thing came to 97 bahts or $3.10. In Canada, just the bottle of water would have been 3 bucks.
- had a 45 minute cab ride the other day from China town to Sukhumvit during rush hour and the bill came out to 95 bahts. In Canada, it would have easily been $95. You could be balling here and living the high life for a fraction of what it'd cost you in NA or Europe. Oh and the women, oh my, Thai ladies are uber fine![Image: smile.gif]

Now out to another awesome night in BKK. God I LOVE LOVE this city![Image: smile.gif] [Image: banana.gif]

Back in LOS...

Good news if all the clubs are opening to 6am again, though there is something fun about coming out a club at 2am, hoping into a cab and driving round the city looking for an after hours club.

Back in LOS...

VP, Gringo--Not in Bkk at the moment, heading to Koh Chang than maybe Chiang Mai.....recommend you checkout Scratch Dog Disco on Suk 20 in the bottom floor of windsor suites hotel.....pretty much an all Thai spot, a few farang....but smoking hot chicks....open all night...need passport/id to get in....have fun

Back in LOS...

I've been to scratch dog, it's a great spot.

I also like Snop, which is at Ratchada Soi 4 - same situation, tons of chicks, zero farang.

These are the kinds of clubs you want to be going to in BKK.

Back in LOS...

Scratch Dog has a bit of a reputation for getting a very large Korean contingent and girls looking to hook up with Korean guys, often for money. The girls are generally better than the late night place catering to tourists. But dont be surprised to find working girls there - they are there in droves. Scratch Dog gets few farang, but it does get them. Good place on the whole though except for the wretched music and the no dancing table shuffle style arrangement. One of the better late night places.

Snop, as most of Ratchada, gets plain girls. Not one of my favs.

Ah, Bangkok! I miss it. Im not even sure why I love the place so much - I find the girls plain and the clubbing wretched, but I cant get the place out of my mind. Maybe Ill spend a few months there this fall.